Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='zewone']I'm guessing they're based off Metal Gear technology, not actual Metal Gears, like the ones with legs that sound like cows.[/quote]

there are ones that still have legs and still sound like cows, but are some kind of part biological metal gear.

Those ones Raiden was cuttin down in his fight with Vamp are the ones I'm talkin about

[quote name='zewone']I'm guessing they're based off Metal Gear technology, not actual Metal Gears, like the ones with legs that sound like cows.[/quote]

MG MKII

MG = Metal Gear

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like a system seller.

So...why wasn't this done at E3?
Seems like it would have really helped out Sony's presentation.[/quote]
You're going to get this? Wow. It must be good if you're interested.

Why didn't they do this at E3? Because it's the 20th Anniversary of Metal Gear and they wanted to do something special to give the game its own spotlight. Plus, it would've taken away from all of Sony's own games that they wanted to show off.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
MG MKII

MG = Metal Gear

[/QUOTE]
I know MKII is a technically a Metal Gear (the only reason they call him that is because it's based off of the "Metal Gear" in Snatcher. Otherwise, I doubt they would classify it as such).

I'm pretty sure I remember when MGS4 was first shown, they explained how those "cow" bots were based of MG technology, but not actually Metal Gears.

When Kojima refers to these new "bird" bots, I doubt he'll call them metal gears.

[quote name='gokou36']2008 Game of the Year. Step aside Killzone 2.[/QUOTE]

Who says killzone 2 will even be good? the first one had good graphics too, ya know.

had to get that off my chest ;)

All this MGS talk is making me wanna play Subsistence...right now.

[quote name='zewone']I know MKII is a technically a Metal Gear (the only reason they call him that is because it's based off of the "Metal Gear" in Snatcher. Otherwise, I doubt they would classify it as such).

I'm pretty sure I remember when MGS4 was first shown, they explained how those "cow" bots were based of MG technology, but not actually Metal Gears.

When Kojima refers to these new "bird" bots, I doubt he'll call them metal gears.[/quote]
You mean like Kojima called it a Metal Gear during the presentation?

We don't know what the bird things are called yet, so we'll have to wait until possibly TGS for more info. I'm not trying to say that you don't have a point, but the technology has advanced greatly in the past five years in the MGS world, so it's not like the Metal Gears have to be huge mechs.

[quote name='NWgamer666']After watching that gameplay footage, first game to make me want a PS3. I really like the FPS option. This version looks more accessible than previous titles as well, which I would really appreciate.[/QUOTE]

Little big planet still is at the bottom of my heart on PS3, though MGS4 is very much overlaying it.

So...where's the place to get an MP4 version of this so I can put it on my PS3? Everytime I convert something and put it on my PS3 it looks like crap.

[quote name='whoknows']So...where's the place to get an MP4 version of this so I can put it on my PS3? Everytime I convert something and put it on my PS3 it looks like crap.[/QUOTE]

use this:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4716_en.html

I downloaded it earlier and had some problems, but I'm just going to download the wmv version on gametrailers and convert it via PS3 video 9.

I was just thinking of quitting gaming all together, since this was the last game I even remotely wanted to play. But after watching those videos, I know for sure I will get this game and probably a few others, 2008 can't come fast enough now. Damn I can't wait to play this online and randomly mine the map.:lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like a system seller.

So...why wasn't this done at E3?
Seems like it would have really helped out Sony's presentation.[/quote]

I'd say because the game isn't a Sony game and that Konami wanted something "big" to show at their own show. There were people lined up to get in the place if I remember what I read.

Can't blame them (Konami). They showed off the game during E3 and seemed to follow Sony's set format (mostly videos).

[quote name='dallow']I really, really, really want this:

mgscollection.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Hooooly shit. Whats missing from this? Just Twin Snakes on Cube?

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hooooly shit. Whats missing from this? Just Twin Snakes on Cube?[/QUOTE]
Metal Gear Solid on Gameboy Color.

Hmmm... so I am going to attempt to freeze myself. And I need someone to unfreeze me when MGS4 comes out.

Then I can just rush into EBGames and just completely pee myself.

Does anyone ever think, "I wonder what it'd be like time traveling a year ahead and running into a Gamestop..." Just run in there and see Halo 3 on the wall, MGS4, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Bioshock, GTA4, COD4 all these games.

I'd just pass out. You never see an overwhelming amount of AAA titles at once.

[quote name='Thongsy']I was just thinking of quitting gaming all together, since this was the last game I even remotely wanted to play. But after watching those videos, I know for sure I will get this game and probably a few others, 2008 can't come fast enough now. Damn I can't wait to play this online and randomly mine the map.:lol:[/quote]

Cosign. I am selling my Wii now and getting a PS3 after Christmas just for this game.

Same here, the only reason why I don't want to sell my Wii is that it was a gift. Even my little sister is bored with it. I may just trade/sell it in the family for PS3 money.

[quote name='dallow']Word is it'll be on PSN this next update.[/QUOTE]

my guess is that we'll see it next week maybe since heavenly sword is going to get overshadowed if this shows up the same day.

I shit myself, peed myself, and popped a boner, all at the same time. MGS4 looks insane. Whenever you freeze yourself, DarkNessBear, just throw me in there, too.

[quote name='dallow']I really, really, really want this:

mgscollection.jpg
[/quote]

You're not the only one.... I want this as well.

I agree with cheapy - this will BE the reason I'll purchase a PS3.
Love the gameplay footage!

dunno but i noticed that too and was thinking if it was somebody familiar

when you all say it'll show up on the PSN this or next week, do you guys mean the video of the playthrough or an actual playable demo?

Damn that anniversary collection looks mighty sexy. I already own each one of those games, but I'll definitely be buying that collection. Too bad I'll probably have to import it.

Anyone see the MG phone?

mgsphone.JPG

Hate flip phones, and am pretty content with the one I already have, but I may consider this if its actually a good phone.

[quote name='whoknows']I just watched the E3 trailer again...and that helicopter that picks up liquid/ocelot...was that Naomi standing in it?[/quote]

Yes I think so

Picture from Trailer:

mgst1tu7.jpg

Character Picture I THINK might be from this game and it is label as Naomi Hunter...

8857d3e83bc29a6a5c00ce0br5.jpg

I got it from this site, along with this badly translated info:

Resident in > medium Noboru? Mark? ? Process study? House. ? Military officer 从 BIG BOSS circumstances? ? Mark? ? Factor giving origination loyal retainer soldier? Combination use other things? Profit from here? Conversion. Snake old age? Friend Gray Fox dried younger sister younger sister, military officer "FOX DIE" fill Snake internal flight right? .

Also during the trailer I saw this, can't make it out but it is on the back of Snake's uniform when he rolls over. I can't see time but it is very quick somewhere in the middle. Not sure how I saw but I had to play/pause until I got it right.

mgst2qm9.jpg

[quote name='dpatel']Damn that anniversary collection looks mighty sexy. I already own each one of those games, but I'll definitely be buying that collection. Too bad I'll probably have to import it.

Anyone see the MG phone?

mgsphone.JPG

Hate flip phones, and am pretty content with the one I already have, but I may consider this if its actually a good phone.[/quote]

Same here!
Already possessing all those games is the reason I feel redundant to buy that collector's piece. However, as you already stated it DOES look 'mighty sexy' indeed. I must resist....somehow. But no US release? Importing would be a turn off factor for me.

As for the phone.... If it's a good phone - I'd consider it.

[quote name='NamPaehc']

Also during the trailer I saw this, can't make it out but it is on the back of Snake's uniform when he rolls over. I can't see time but it is very quick somewhere in the middle. Not sure how I saw but I had to play/pause until I got it right.

mgst2qm9.jpg
[/QUOTE]
"In an emergency open here for a quick separation of suit systems."

Looks like he'll be changing outfits, maybe?

Anyone pre-ordering the anniversary collection? It's cheap enough so I figure I might bite even though it's $70 for a bunch of games that'll just look pretty sitting on my shelf.

[quote name='zewone']"In an emergency open here for a quick separation of suit systems."

Looks like he'll be changing outfits, maybe?[/QUOTE]
Maybe

But one thing is for sure, that is some pretty amazing detail.

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe

But one thing is for sure, that is some pretty amazing detail.[/quote]

Yeh I know. One of the things I like a lot about the MGS series. All the little touches you might notice while playing the game.

Ugh, but really, did they have to include that much butt crack on Snake?

The gay humor is getting kind of sophmoric in the MGS games. I'm no homophobe, but that's like staring at a plumber's ass crack for 90% of the game.

[quote name='Vanigan']Ugh, but really, did they have to include that much butt crack on Snake?

The gay humor is getting kind of sophmoric in the MGS games.[/QUOTE]
It's not sophomoric if he really likes the cock. And I've always assumed, based on those outfits and the attention to ass detail, that Solid Snake loves the cock.

[quote name='Apossum']holy crap :shock:

i'm guessing a $99 msrp[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say $129.99. Things like these are made to price gouge. Sad thing is, I would so drop $129.99 for it.

[quote name='Vanigan']What about the multiplayer? I didn't see any details on it other than 16 player.[/quote]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3158708&postcount=167

[quote name='Vanigan']Ugh, but really, did they have to include that much butt crack on Snake?

The gay humor is getting kind of sophmoric in the MGS games. I'm no homophobe, but that's like staring at a plumber's ass crack for 90% of the game.[/quote]
It's only there if you're really looking for it. ;)

I just watched the gameplay demonstration. Oh. My. God.

I know everyone's clamoring over the great Heavenly Sword demo, but after you're done with that, watch the MGS4 gameplay demonstration trailer. I'm not even going to talk in detail about it. Everyone just needs to watch it.

On a side note, I actually do want the game to come out on X360 if possible from a technical perspective. This goes beyond wanting exclusives for one's system of choice. Every gamer needs to play this game. Here's some light-hearted ribbing on that matter though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFYmrz4XoP0

You can skip to the 5th 'thing' if the joke gets old after the first two times. Something new happens. ;)

Just watched the full thing last night.

Blew. Me. Away.

It was pretty cool at the start, but when he got to the battlefield.
Yes yes yes.

very interesting that you can play the whole game as an FPS....not that you'd want to :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']Might be fun to throw on very easy mode and run through guns ablazin' as a FPS.[/quote]Haha yeah, screw sneaking around.

I plan to try FPS only on my second playthrough.

I wonder if you can side with the PMC rather than the militia. Or if you can simply not help either side and see who wins eventually. Things like that will impress me more than the pretty graphics.

I mean, it looks great but it doesn't really look any better than Gears of War or what I've seen of Resistance (played the demo). Then again, I don't get my nice TV until tomorrow and I won't have my HDMI cable until next week so I think I'll have to check again after those things are taken care of.

Word from Comic-Con is they are looking at doing a "similiar" collection for the US, but it depends on if the retailers think there will be enough interest. At least that is excuse guy gave. :)

bread's done
Back