Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

I know I will sound too negative but I can wait 1 year or 2 years until it drops to $29.99 MSRP to actually buy this game.

[quote name='KingBroly']wtf at this item I got guys:
Lunar Nights Theme. Sony not too happy? Kojima promoting the DS. Shame on him.
[/quote]
It's a Kojima Productions game. The track in the first mission briefing was the Boktai 2 theme and I've seen tracks for other games that I'm assuming have nothing to do with a Sony system.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thongsy: You must be way behind in your MGO info. Clans can only be made by people of level 2 or higher and the MGO Starter Pack's five maps have been public info for a while now. I'll be playing MGO a bit and making the CAG Clan, though I'll create a separate thread for that.

farley: It does rely heavily on at lest being familiar with the other games' stories, though if you don't want to play them first, you can find retrospectives at GameTrailers and other places that'll get you up to speed quickly.[/quote]

Okay that makes sense. I haven't been reading up so much as to not get any spoilers. And I just generally come here for gaming info. I just hope they add more maps. Run speed on the online seems to have increased a great deal than from what it was in the beta. Damnit, I need to stop typing and start playing more.

[quote name='Vinny']Figured I'd just post it in it's own thread. Few notes...

1. Where's the soundtrack? Is it in the MGS4 LE package? I figured the soundtrack was something exclusive to this system bundle...

2. The gun metal finish is really nicely done. It's an actual casting and not paint but the exterior shell material feels just like the shell for our 60GB and 80GB PS3s. Same thing with the DS3, it's an actual casting and not just a paint job but the material feels the same.

3. Konami packed it real nice.

4. MGS4 LE is just like the one you'd get at Gamestop (just picked mine up a bit ago).

5. The material does not attract any fingerprints or dust like the glossy black PS3 finish.

[/quote]

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::hot::hot::hot::hot::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

That thing sure is purty. I would have looked into getting one if I didn't already have 2 PS3s (oh yeah.. if money wasn't an issue either)

Man was that Raiden/Vamp fight amazing! I also loved those Geckos destroying the village and all the people running as pure mayhem was going around. That was such a cool scene.

BTW, who knocked up Olga?

Hey guys,

I have a 360, and am contemplating purchasing a PS3 and MGS4, as I it is my birthday and there is that walmart deal going on. However, my question is, is this game worth it? Keep in mind, I have never played a MGS game before.

Additionally, how is the multiplayer on this? Is it fast, slow? Is it like Splinter Cell (in other words, boring as shit), or more actiony?

Are there any outstanding HD gameplay videos of the multiplayer?

Thanks.

help1, I don't recommend it to you at all.

You need to have played MGS1-3 to appreciate the game to it's fullest. I can see someone who has never played a MGS game, hating this one.

You won't like the multiplayer, it's slow compared to what you're used to and it really isn't all the much fun.

Without MGS4, I couldn't recommend a PS3 to someone with a 360.

[quote name='zewone']help1, I don't recommend it to you at all.

You need to have played MGS1-3 to appreciate the game to it's fullest. I can see someone who has never played a MGS game, hating this one.

You won't like the multiplayer, it's slow compared to what you're used to and it really isn't all the much fun.

Without MGS4, I couldn't recommend a PS3 to someone with a 360.[/quote]

Ahh, I see. I guess I will wait for SOCOM or Killzone to see if I want a PS3. Thanks for the honesty, zew.

well, I just beat the damn thing in under 24 hours.

I can now say if you own a PS3 and don't at least play this on it, you're an idiot.

also call me slow
I never knew the darpa cheif was Sigent... damn. Also I'm still blown away that the head patriot was Zero. Lastly, I loved the Johnny character and hope to see him more

just got the game at gamestop for full price (ouch)

anyone else quickly turn off the first podcast when they started talking about the topic of spoilers in the game? I was like, "WTF, THIS IS SO NOT MY SECOND TIME PLAYING THROUGH THE GAME"

No. They don't talk about any spoilers, just how they got the iPod into the game and how they plan to release more episodes in the future. It's basically an intro to the show for people that have never heard the KojiPro Report.

I barely started it this morning,
and the intro was just weird o_O I hope that actually has something to do with the main story (I did hear nanotech jibberish n' all that) because the first part kinda annoyed me, and then the second "commercial" or whatever was actually pretty cool, reminded me of the more recent PS3 commercials :p
Another funny thing was when you get to first little hole you have to roll past to get over, my psyche was low so when he did it he hurt his back or somethin' and just held it for awhile, getting up slowly. I was just laughing my ass off, I never thought playing an old guy would be so entertaining ;)

I'll probably play alone, but it's not worth the trouble to get into a game with my friend especially since we don't know if we'll even be on the same team.

I'll just play Haze with him :p

I need some help with an Act 4 boss if anyone can help. So I'll just say the boss's name, and if you know what to do, let me know.

Vamp

[quote name='KingBroly']I need some help with an Act 4 boss if anyone can help. So I'll just say the boss's name, and if you know what to do, let me know.

Vamp
[/QUOTE]

CQC grab, and stab him with the syringe.

[quote name='zewone']
CQC grab, and stab him with the syringe.
[/quote]

How do I do the first part of that? I'm not really good at that.

[quote name='zewone']
Hold R1 when he's near.

It's sort of tough to get the timing right, just keep trying.[/quote]

Yeah, I know because
Everytime he breaths on me he kicks my ass

EDIT: that was easy...thanks.

EDIT 2: Just beat Act IV. Crazy indeed.

Okay, funny moment in Act 1, near the beginning with Michaelangelo's statue of David (I think that's what it is, anyway).

I hopped up there, hit triangle twice to do the pose (where Snake's hand covers the statue's junk).. didn't realize you had to hold the button down.. I held it down and the penis on the statue broke off and Snake was all "Huh!?".. I laughed out loud

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, funny moment in Act 1, near the beginning with Michaelangelo's statue of David (I think that's what it is, anyway).

I hopped up there, hit triangle twice to do the pose (where Snake's hand covers the statue's junk).. didn't realize you had to hold the button down.. I held it down and the penis on the statue broke off and Snake was all "Huh!?".. I laughed out loud
[/quote]
Yea, that was awesome. I had a good laugh also XD

"I don't care if long cutscenes scare you"

From IGN's perfect 10 review...thank God someone said it. I actually think IGN has more backbone for giving the game a ten than for those that say they're "not giving in to the pressure."

Damn MGO, I kinda wish it wasn't a part of it so I could play the story. Started hosting a game and kept playing for three hours straight. Gah. I love this game. To whoever has passed the game, how long was it overall and was there really any 90 minute CS? I assume if there is any long CS it's going to be near the end.

"I don't care if long cutscenes scare you"

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I absolutely loved it when I read that line. I could not believe all of the nonsense leading up to the game's release..."OMG LONG CUTSCENES." The MGS games have always been insanely cinematic. I really don't know what people were thinking.

[quote name='Furashu']4 hrs into it
im near were u first get contacted by "jack"
is that slow or average? someone said they beat it in 16 hrs![/QUOTE]

A little slow.

Yeah, I'll make a separate thread for that. Shouldn't be too much longer until I get to level two, so that'll just leave the five hour requirement left.

[quote name='zewone']A little slow.[/quote]

i just looked around every dam corner there was and shot up a buncha pmcs. i think i had 120k dreb pts after the first act lol!

I am under the belief that the entire game is CG. At...
Act 3, you can pixelated blocks, which only appears in CG to my knowledge. But still, that's damn impressive.
At times I notice these shots of brilliance the game has visually, and the detail is amazing.

Do the Konami IDs still hold over from the Beta? I just tried to create one and it said "email already used to create a Konami ID" or something like that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course. They only deleted characters from the beta.[/quote]

Ok thanks. I wasn't sure about that.

bread's done
Back