Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='pete5883']Looks like someone's losing a bet...

Edit: Nevermind, maintenance is already over, and the site still blows. 20:00 in Japan is 6am on the east coast.[/quote]

The rate this is going, it still does not look well for me. I have hope it will be straight by sunday

ME0000950307_2.jpg
ME0000950306_2.jpg
ME0000950305_2.jpg

wow this konami id shit is really annoying. It loads now but it always expires after you enter in the info.
on top of that Konami hasnt' responded to my e-mail about the disfunctional key, awesome!

I d/l the Euro one though, will we be able to play that?

Hasn't anybody who had a nine digit key and email konami gotten a response back. I email them a few times over the past couple of days and haven't gotten anything. Hopefully they'll contact me so I can download this, but it's starting to worry me with the whole id site and slow download going on now.

[quote name='Thongsy']Hasn't anybody who had a nine digit key and email konami gotten a response back. I email them a few times over the past couple of days and haven't gotten anything. Hopefully they'll contact me so I can download this, but it's starting to worry me with the whole id site and slow download going on now.[/quote]
Download the Beta from the Euro store.
Tell your friends too.

Due to a period of inactivity, the page has been deleted.
Please click on the below link to return to the top page.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']This worked like a charm. Took me two tries, but, all praise be to Allah, I'm now registered... :hot:[/quote]

Lucky. I'm sure I've passed ten a little while ago.

[quote name='zengonzo']Keeps telling me my passwords are wrong, even though I'm following the instructions exactly ..[/quote]

I had the same issue. What a mess this whole thing is, though Auto-former does save you the trouble of having retype all the information out again.

And now it is telling me that my email has already been used, even though when I try to retrieve my username it tells me that my email has not been registered.

Awesome!

This has got to be the most fucked up registration I've ever had to deal with. Any email address I try to tell it, it tells me that it has already been registered and I've tried 3 of them (two of them aren't even from free email sites). It also sames my Game ID choices are all not available. I'm trying to use my PSN name and I know that nobody else out there would possibly use such a bizzarre username.

fuck Konami. This BS is certainally not going to be fixed by Monday at the rate they are going. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to give up on this whole stupid Beta and go cancel my preorder of MGS4. I have enough other great games that I need to finish that aren't being published by people who make me go through all sorts of hoops to play online (I'm not saying I probably won't get the game, just I'll wait till I can get a copy used so they don't get any of my money. Yes, I know it is a beta. Yes, I know it shouldn't be a big deal. It be one thing is the servers on Monday were having issues, but this is just a fucking sign up/registration).

[quote name='josh_animebum']This has got to be the most fucked up registration I've ever had to deal with. Any email address I try to tell it, it tells me that it has already been registered and I've tried 3 of them (two of them aren't even from free email sites). It also sames my Game ID choices are all not available. I'm trying to use my PSN name and I know that nobody else out there would possibly use such a bizzarre username. [/quote]I believe you HAVE to have a dash, underscore, and period in the usernames. And no uppercase letters.

I have no clue what is going on with the email addy problem.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']I believe you HAVE to have a dash, underscore, and period in the usernames. And no uppercase letters.

I have no clue what is going on with the email addy problem.[/quote]
I don't have a dash, underscore, nor a period.

Sometimes it says the Konami ID is already in use. Sometimes it says the Game ID is in use. Sometimes both. Which means their "check if in use" functions are probably broken. Because when I do the "check for availability" sometimes it will tell me it is available, and sometimes it just tells me nothing.

I'm hoping if I try middle of the night or very early tomorrow morning I can get it.

I'm so glad I'm on my computer or I probably would have thrown my laptop off the balcony in frustration by now.

Finally got it to not time out and now I can't seem to get any of my email addresses to work...

[quote name='zengonzo']And now it is telling me that my email has already been used, even though when I try to retrieve my username it tells me that my email has not been registered.

Awesome![/quote]

Woohooo!!! Me too!!

Bout. fucking Time. I finally made it all the way through on the registration and succeeded in getting the email confirmation. I didn't get the GAME ID I wanted, but I figured as long as I have one now, I can always delete my account later after the beta and reregister with a different email address and GAME ID.

So it certainly is possible to make it through. Monday should be fun! (The word "fun" should not be taken seriously as I think it is pretty obvious that if the registration servers can't handle the number of people trying to sign up there is no way the game servers are going to be running fine).

[quote name='josh_animebum']Bout. fucking Time. I finally made it all the way through on the registration and succeeded in getting the email confirmation. I didn't get the GAME ID I wanted, but I figured as long as I have one now, I can always delete my account later after the beta and reregister with a different email address and GAME ID.

So it certainly is possible to make it through. Monday should be fun! (The word "fun" should not be taken seriously as I think it is pretty obvious that if the registration servers can't handle the number of people trying to sign up there is no way the game servers are going to be running fine).[/quote]
I read the game id isn't the name of your character in game, it's only used to log in to the game.

[quote name='mguiddy']I read the game id isn't the name of your character in game, it's only used to log in to the game.[/quote]

HOORAY!

I hope I'm not jumping the gun.

[quote name='mguiddy']I read the game id isn't the name of your character in game, it's only used to log in to the game.[/quote]

Hahah, that means we need three different IDs to play this game. Now that is awesomely ridiculous. :applause: I have to give props to Konami for creating a system almost as awesome as friend codes. :roll:

I just got my Metal Gear Saga DVD from Gamestop only to find a nine digit code inside. Considering I'm fucked from step one, I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with this one, but just in case, is there anything I can do to get a valid code out of this?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']So wait... Which ID will be the name of my character in-game? :whistle2:o[/quote]
You pick it when you create your character.

[quote name='mguiddy']You pick it when you create your character.[/quote]
Oh, then that's even better! :D
I think I'll call my character 'Yubas_Turd'... :cool:

Nah, best that I stick to 'freakyzeeky', to avoid any confusion...

[quote name='josh_animebum']Hahah, that means we need three different IDs to play this game. Now that is awesomely ridiculous. :applause: I have to give props to Konami for creating a system almost as awesome as friend codes. :roll:[/quote]

If I've got everything straight, there's potential for four usernames: PSN name, Konami ID username, Konami ID game name, then MGO in-game name. It would be awesome if it just looped around and grabbed your PSN name to use in-game, thus causing the universe to implode.

MGS3's MGO used a similar system where you'd create an account under one name and then create a game name, which I figured were analagous to the two Konami ID names. I wonder where the new "in-game name will be different" news came from? Saw DD's post about creating a character. This is getting pretty confusing.

[quote name='metaly']If I've got everything straight, there's potential for four usernames: PSN name, Konami ID username, Konami ID game name, then MGO in-game name. It would be awesome if it just looped around and grabbed your PSN name to use in-game, thus causing the universe to implode.

MGS3's MGO used a similar system where you'd create an account under one name and then create a game name, which I figured were analagous to the two Konami ID names. I wonder where the new "in-game name will be different" news came from? Saw DD's post about creating a character. This is getting pretty confusing.[/quote]

Well, the way I understand it (I sort of inferred some things), the Konami ID will be a blanket ID for any additional Konami games, the Game ID is for MGO specifically (so any new games would need a new game ID).

I cannot remember where I read about picking the in game ID during character creation, I thought it was here, but if no one else remembers it, maybe it was somewhere else.:oops:

Alright, I finally got my Konami ID and Game ID registered after 3 days of trying. I confirmed it through the email.

Now the problem is that I can't actually login in MGO. Is it because the servers just aren't up yet, or am I having another problem? I enter my info to login and I get:
Code:
Unable to connect to server.(090B:00000001)

[quote name='xcoax']I just got my Metal Gear Saga DVD from Gamestop only to find a nine digit code inside. Considering I'm fucked from step one, I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with this one, but just in case, is there anything I can do to get a valid code out of this?[/QUOTE]

Email the address that's on the white beta slip. Tell them your 9 digit code and they should send you back a 12 digit one.

woot, finally got my game id. After like 50+ tried. I finally got it!!!

Edit: perhaps I've spoken too soon, when confirming email i got the following error, "An error has occurred Please contact the website admin."

Noooooooooo!!!

[quote name='dallow']Download the Beta from the Euro store.
Tell your friends too.[/QUOTE]

yes, but will that allow us to play with a US konami ID.

This is the dumbest crap ever. Typical of Konami always jacking things up.
This pretty much convinces me that I'm not going to buy MGO.

It's funny how both my code doesn't work and I can't even get a konami id

Funny message

"
This e-mail address has already been registered along with a different KONAMI ID.
An e-mail address can not be registered for multiple KONAMI ID's.
Please register a different e-mail address or delete the KONAMI ID that is registered with the e-mail address you have tried to register.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any data, monthly tickets and points can not be transferred to your new KONAMI ID should you choose to do this."

Esp since I never registered.

[quote name='seanr1221']Email the address that's on the white beta slip. Tell them your 9 digit code and they should send you back a 12 digit one.[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any luck with this? I've tried 3 times over the past 3 days and have not gotten any response at all. I know it's not being filtered into spam or anything. Am I just unlucky or is this fairly common?

[quote name='prismic']Anyone have any luck with this? I've tried 3 times over the past 3 days and have not gotten any response at all. I know it's not being filtered into spam or anything. Am I just unlucky or is this fairly common?[/QUOTE]

sounds common, it's the case here for me as well. I wouldn't expect a response anytime soon now esp since it's the weekend now. They're probably flooded with e-mails too.

Finally was able to make my konami id...I had to come up with 30+ game ids since all of the ones I thought were invalid (they all had "zero" in it, I guess they don't want that word in the game id). I thought to myself...screw it and typed whatever I saw first on my table and it was a rubber band.

Glad the whole registration process is over

[quote name='Zoglog']yes, but will that allow us to play with a US konami ID.

"
This e-mail address has already been registered along with a different KONAMI ID.
An e-mail address can not be registered for multiple KONAMI ID's.
Please register a different e-mail address or delete the KONAMI ID that is registered with the e-mail address you have tried to register.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any data, monthly tickets and points can not be transferred to your new KONAMI ID should you choose to do this."
.[/QUOTE]

yea, i got that too. Just keep trying.

bread's done
Back