Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

I'm getting the impression that the things that would be good in the multiplayer are what would also be fun in the singleplayer, but ultimately be better experienced in the singleplayer.

So if you play the singleplayer and want more, or have a desire to experience that feeling with your friends, or just fuck-o love Metal Gear and want to experience it's every orifice, then the multiplayer will be a bonus to you.

But otherwise, anything the multiplayer does the singleplayer does better.

Also, I haven't even played the game yet (anyone got a beta key left?). Just working off of videos and the incorrigible will to speculate.

So far...the beta is alright. But I probably won't buy it if they release it as a standalone game.

So far, my favorite thing about this game is choke holding someone and injecting them with the virus thing, lol

Does anyone have any idea, why my code is not functioning? It says that the code invalid. I got the code @ GS from the preorder DVD promo.

[quote name='refusedchaos']im stuck at 6% using the P2P method....this sucks! i probably wont be able to play this fucken beta....the http method worked untill i got to 76%....fuck!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

IF it makes you feel better I started downloading that at 6:30 am on Sunday morning and it did not get done until 4:30 pm on Sunday. I have one hell of a slow DSL connection, it sucks and I keep getting booted. I am port forwarding to see if I can get a better connection....

Hey, I have a beta code but I can't figure out how to download it. Some people are saying the download was taken down. Is that true, and if so, will it be put back up? I can't believe they'd take the download down before the beta even started.

Sweet. I'm at level 2 and at 4:38 playtime, so I'll create the CAG clan in about another half hour of playtime.

I've figured out the scoring/ranking, which is level 1 = 250 pts and level 2 = 500, so it may just go up a level every 250 pts.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn. Shipwreck's kicking ass and taking names.[/QUOTE]

Once I figured out that there was actually a reticle on the screen. Those things are pretty small and I think I need to change my contacts. And I have a bluetooth headset somewhere around here. Need to go get some dinner right now though.

Ah, I was wondering if that was you Shipwreck, it was good to see you in the game.

I agree with Tanuki though, so far this is my second favorite MP game of this generation. Number 1 is CoD 4.

Anyway, Tanuki, once you get the clan deal up. Lets try and see if we can get a group together tonight and play.

I played the multiplayer before I left for Forbidden Kingdom, and I gotta say this is really a good mp game. It takes some time but to get used to but if you give it a chance it is really good.

[quote name='shipwreck']Once I figured out that there was actually a reticle on the screen. Those things are pretty small and I think I need to change my contacts. And I have a bluetooth headset somewhere around here. Need to go get some dinner right now though.[/quote]
Yeah, I hope that's one of the signs to people that they don't need to rush into combat, as that'll greatly improve your chances of getting kills.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, I hope that's one of the signs to people that they don't need to rush into combat, as that'll greatly improve your chances of getting kills.[/QUOTE]

It took me about a game and a half to get that down. This game is all about nailing people with headshots, getting position, and sneaking up on the opposition. I really like this because of how different it is. Can't wait to play with some of yall tonight.

Heh, I just found out that if you rotate your char at the character select screen. He'll get dizzy and fall down. Kinda cool they put that in. You might have to zoom in to see it, not sure.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Honestly for all the waiting this beta has turned out to be very disappointing. Maybe its me but I'm just not thrilled by this.[/quote]

Ya rly.

Just got home! :whee:

Count me in tonight! How does finding buddies work? My game ID is just primetime, in case that matters.

I'm also wondering how the clans work. If you can invite me Frisky, please do.

Sorry if these questions were already answered, but I have something to do in a minute.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']MGO shot up so quickly to being the best MP game of this generation so far and I doubt anything comes close to topping it.

metaly, click on record for your stats.

Edit: 45 minutes isn't much time, ship.[/QUOTE]I actually agree. I'm really liking this so far and I'm not even the biggest MGS fan on earth (although I love MGS). The multi-player seems near perfect to me and easily becoming one of my favorites just on the beta. But then again, I'm someone who is extremely sick of FPS and greatly prefers third person shooters.

I looked at the create a game options, and we can password protect a game, and give it a particular name. This should be good for private CAG matches.

Can't wait to play more of this. :D

ManaKnight is the name.

The clan is now live and ready to go, though I don't think I can invite people in. So just go to the clan section of the MGO menus, look under clan list for CheapAssGamer with the leader Solid Tanuki, and see if you can join the clan. We can have 64 people, so if you don't mind posting here to let us know who's who in the clan, we can be a bit more organized, too.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Is everybody playing with a headset? I've never played anything multiplayer on PS3. I saw some bluetooth headsets don't work so well. If I was to get one, anybody have any recommendations?

I will be in the clan for sure, I just hope I get signed in enough time. My character name is self explanatory.;)

Oh yeah, played some matches and actually got more kills than deaths for a change. Usually I'm the one dying in shooters online. Really liking this game. :D

Really like the game, but need to get used to the new control scheme from the old MGO. So far I've only been in team deathmatch and bases, does anybody know if Capture the frog is still part of it? or even in the beta? My character name is True Grave, one thing I do hate, nothing to do with MGO in particular, but all the damn names and id that konami has set up.-

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The clan is now live and ready to go, though I don't think I can invite people in. So just go to the clan section of the MGO menus, look under clan list for CheapAssGamer with the leader Solid Tanuki, and see if you can join the clan. We can have 64 people, so if you don't mind posting here to let us know who's who in the clan, we can be a bit more organized, too.[/quote]

Just applied to join here.

Name's the same.

You're in, Marten. That's good to say that I have some control over who joins since I can't just invite people in. It seems that along with passing on Emblem creation rights to other people, I can assign co-leaders, too. The emblem creator looks cool, though I don't really have the patience to sit down and work on something, so if somebody wants to take a shot at it, let me know.

I like that you get the codec ring when you get mail.

Edit: Sweet. I can host games now. In the original MGO, the servers hated netgear routers, but it seems to be working fine this time around. I'll definitely host a game later on.

[quote name='dallow']Went to Konami's site and made sure I was using the correct game ID and pw.

Doesn't work for me........ :([/quote]

Try resetting your game password. It did that to me at first, stupid konami and their multiple id and passwords. the game id password will be numbers only, so it isn't the same as the konami id.

This doesn't seem to allow me to host games while the original did. Figures. lol. I just wanted to see what kind of game options were available.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I like that you get the codec ring when you get mail.

Edit: Sweet. I can host games now. In the original MGO, the servers hated netgear routers, but it seems to be working fine this time around. I'll definitely host a game later on.[/quote]

I'll probably be back later on. That first game I got disco'd and I had to check out during the second-the weather is getting real bad over here.

Wow I suck.

I know man. I need to get a grip on these controls first.

Anyone know what to do if uve forgotten your konami id password? Im at the point i the beta where it wants my email and password but i dont remember the password. When i go to the site and enter my email for them to send me a new one it tells me my email isnt registered. Just got it past that screen and then i get a long error number...awesome

bread's done
Back