Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

You're missing out, MGS3 is awesome.

[quote name='Vanigan']Regardless, there's a lot of positive buzz about this game outside of actual reviews. I listen to quite a few podcasts and some of them have reviewers that have gone to play, and they all say that MGS4 is quite a good game, it fixes a lot of gameplay issues and does well to answer all the questions that 1-3 raised.

I actually skipped MGS3 since the camouflage system and slow start was a bit annoying. I tried to find the summary DVD, but ended up viewing the story via youtube so I could be up to date as that DVD was near impossible to find.[/quote]

Damn that looks awesome, can't wait for this game. The #1 reason I bought a PS3. Haha, now I know how Halo and GTA geeks feel like. :D

Vanigan,

Just in case you didn't read me gushing over MGS3 in my previous post: I thought MGS3 started slow too. The Camo index was annoying, and so was stamina metre. I am playing through on easy, just to get through it, and I still found the first couple levels to be harder than previous games. I took me until about a half hour after meeting EVA for me to start to get comfortable with the game (2 hours in?). Something about it felt different than 1 and 2, and it felt odd (probably the new camera). But now, I don't think I could go back, as 3 really was an evolution in almost all apects.

Soon after that the camo index, and the stamina system came to be enjoyable. The story in 3 is probably the most 'sane', 'racy'. It also develops the characters much more than any of the other games. It is kind of cliche now, but don't judge this game based on your initial couple hours, especially if you enjoyed 1 & 2.

~S

That trailer was fuck'n awesome.

I wonder if snake is wearing that black mask that can copy his face or another other person's face for that matter and change his hair color. Also it looks like Sunny might have a bigger role in this game since it looked like her in that one scene

[quote name='ZerotypeX']That trailer was fuck'n awesome.

I wonder if snake is wearing that black mask that can copy his face or another other person's face for that matter and change his hair color. Also it looks like Sunny might have a bigger role in this game since it looked like her in that one scene
[/quote]

You know, a lot of people says she looks like her mother OLGA. Hmmm... ;)

[quote name='NamPaehc']
You know, a lot of people says she looks like her mother OLGA. Hmmm... ;)
[/quote]

I think that was one of the Beauty & the Beast Squad's women unmasked.

The crappy thing about that spoiler? It reminds you there won't be any more Solid Snake games. :whistle2:|

[quote name='espy605']
I think that was one of the Beauty & the Beast Squad's women unmasked.

The crappy thing about that spoiler? It reminds you there won't be any more Solid Snake games. :whistle2:|[/quote]

Looked like Laughing Octopus or whatever her name is to me. Said to have camo equipment like Snakes. I was just pointing out that Olga might be Sunny's mother btw.

[quote name='snowsquirrel'] The story in 3 is probably the most 'sane', 'racy'. It also develops the characters much more than any of the other games. It is kind of cliche now, but don't judge this game based on your initial couple hours, especially if you enjoyed 1 & 2.[/quote]

I wouldn't call it cliche at all. You could kind of see the ending coming, but not completely. It gives you a real sense of why youknowwho turned out like he did.

It's my favourite of the 3 MGS games for PS that have come out. (Though maybe it'll change!)

Vanigan - keep playing.

I'm surprised all the new ads and first 10 minutes of gameplay haven't been posted yet.

First 10 minutes of gameplay (no spoilers if you have seen the earlier trailers):
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18834

MGS4 "cat" ad:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18823

MGS4 "cellphone" ad:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18824

MGS Uniqlo t-shirts:

http://kotaku.com/389847/take-a-look-at-uniqlos-new-mgs4-shirts

And Altair's costume (Assassin's Creed) is confirmed as an unlockable item in-game:

http://kotaku.com/389819/you-really-did-get-assassins-creed-in-my-mgs4

[quote name='NamPaehc']
Looked like Laughing Octopus or whatever her name is to me. Said to have camo equipment like Snakes. I was just pointing out that Olga might be Sunny's mother btw.
[/quote]

sunny is the daughter of olga...it was said at the end of one of the trailers

[quote name='zewone']Dang, NamPaehc. You're a little behind on the MGS4 times. :D[/quote]

I saw that. But I also saw that someone mentioned that she THINKS that is her mother... You know how the MGS series is all mind try. Though my friends said one the people helping develop might have confirmed it.

is it just me or did you figure out who Big Mama is just from the new cinematic trailer?

EVA from metal gear solid 3= Big Mama. She is older and drives the same signature motorcycle once again. I'm really excited to figure out what role she plays in this game!

GOD I WISH I HAD A PS3.

Metal Gear Solid will always be the best videogame series. NO THEATER MOVIE PLEASE!!!!!

I was actually a bit dissapointed by the most recent trailer. The earlier previews were very vague and left a lot to the imagination. This one unviels a lot of the basic plot and contains all the lame cliches you'd expect from this sort of thing. It still looks good, but not as great as I'd hoped.

By the same token, the "first 10 minutes of gameplay" clip was amazing and those robot things look really fun to fight and hide from. I only wish there were more good PS3 exclusives so I could justify buying the system, but I'll probably hold off for awhile.

[quote name='sfriedlander']is it just me or did you figure out who Big Mama is just from the new cinematic trailer?

EVA from metal gear solid 3= Big Mama. She is older and drives the same signature motorcycle once again. I'm really excited to figure out what role she plays in this game!

GOD I WISH I HAD A PS3.

Metal Gear Solid will always be the best videogame series. NO THEATER MOVIE PLEASE!!!!![/quote]
That's been public info since the 20th Anniversary Metal Gear Party last summer. Try to keep up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Maybe it's Konami way of including custom soundtracks in the game? :lol:[/QUOTE]

from one of those screens, it dosn't look like it... looks more like you find music tracks to use on it.

I just watched the "Courage is Solid" trailer again and realized exactly what it was that rubbed me the wrong way before; Liquid's dialogue. It's awful. "Die Snake!" "The system is MINE!" Cackling laughter... everything about his delivery (both voice-acting and writing) is just rubbish. Which is too bad because I love the actual design of the character and want him to be a great villain, but he seems to be all kinds of generic at least from this trailer. Here's hoping he's not so one dimensional in the full game.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I just watched the "Courage is Solid" trailer again and realized exactly what it was that rubbed me the wrong way before; Liquid's dialogue. It's awful. "Die Snake!" "The system is MINE!" Cackling laughter... everything about his delivery (both voice-acting and writing) is just rubbish. Which is too bad because I love the actual design of the character and want him to be a great villain, but he seems to be all kinds of generic at least from this trailer. Here's hoping he's not so one dimensional in the full game.[/QUOTE]

You sure do hate a lot of things. :lol:

Although, I agree. I hate the movie trailer because it seems so cheesy.

[quote name='zewone']You sure do hate a lot of things. :lol:

Although, I agree. I hate the movie trailer because it seems so cheesy.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better I think the rest of the voice-acting is great (Campbell in particular is wonderful). I think that's why Liquid sticks out like a sore thumb.

Ocelot only has about 3 lines in the trailer. Yes, they're not great lines, but they're pretty minimal. I don't see what's so terrible about them.

bread's done
Back