Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - Add your MGO Tags to Play with Fellow CAGs

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone got the bonus from EB / GS and don't want it and want to help another CAG out, I'd be interested in buying it... I like to collect all stuff MGS but I won't be able to afford this game for awhile =/[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can get a spare. The GS I have mine pre-ordered at still hasn't gotten the case in yet, so I went to another one in the same mall and grabbed it there. No promises, but chances are I'll be able to get a second if the store gets them in.

And for the record, I actually like it! Not using my Logitech PlayGear Pocket anymore.

If only there were some other quality PSP exclusives to pick up besides this ;)

[quote name='Rozz']If only there were some other quality PSP exclusives to pick up besides this ;)[/QUOTE]

It's sad people think this since the PSP has some astounding titles, but not everyone can agree.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's sad people think this since the PSP has some astounding titles, but not everyone can agree.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I was just surprised I had 22 games worth keeping for it ;)

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']For some reason I'm not able to bring up this page. It acts like it's coming up then gives me an error.[/quote]

Seems fine on my comp..........

btw i think the game doesnt support the headset thing (according to playstation.com)

I got my case today, but sadly no game. I'll try to pick up an extra case when I pick it up tomorrow, as I'd love to keep one intact while dress my psp w/ the other.

[quote name='martin8me']Seems fine on my comp[/quote]
I cleared the cache and it came up. I really liked MGS3 so I pre-ordered this but was, as much as I hate to say, on the fence about this one; this review from 1up totally changed that. I'm really excited about the gameplay and story. 15 hours is damn long on a portable IMO, and I'm glad to see it's even longer if you do the side missions.

Tomorrow will kick ass and get me through till I can play my Wii ... and 360.

Man I have TONS of homework today. I'll pick it up after class tonight and open it up. Maybe try and online game or two! ;-)

Just popped it in! X and O are backwards, as always with MGS games but it is funny how the memories of learning to remember that from previous games come back.

Also I noticed it has game sharing where only one disc is needed for multiplayer. Don't really remember hearing about that.

just picked up the last non pre-order copy at my local EB.

hopefully I'll get to put some hours into it after my shift tonight.

Picked mine up today, though I don't really have time to start it until Friday.

Anyone know how to register your online name, though?

[quote name='Roufuss']So today's the day... if any awesome CAG's scored me a case I'd love to throw you some $$ for your troubles :)[/QUOTE]

How much $$ are we talking about here? :D

[quote name='Roufuss']So today's the day... if any awesome CAG's scored me a case I'd love to throw you some $$ for your troubles :)[/QUOTE]

I had no luck in my attempt at this, sorry. :( This GS just simply never got them in (or so they say, we all know how much their word means).

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Anyone know how to register your online name, though?[/QUOTE]

Get far enough in the game and you can finally access the infrastructure Match mode. Once I had my second ingame recruit I could do that and recruit new members from hotspots and such.

Kind of annoying really. Give me all the game options from the main menu from the get-go. Shit like this pisses the fuck out of me.

[quote name='Nogib']I had no luck in my attempt at this, sorry. :( This GS just simply never got them in (or so they say, we all know how much their word means).

Get far enough in the game and you can finally access the infrastructure Match mode. Once I had my second ingame recruit I could do that and recruit new members from hotspots and such.

Kind of annoying really. Give me all the game options from the main menu from the get-go. Shit like this pisses the fuck out of me.[/quote]

Sooooooooo does this game support the PSP headset?

I shelled out $40 today for a wireless router at Best Buy, just for this game.

I hope I made a wise investment, I still gotta install this thing.

Picked mine up with the bonus.

I really don't have time to play until after friday with finals and all, but I'll probably try to play a little tonight.

The case sure is nice though, makes me not want to put it on my PSP for fear of the case getting scratched :p

[quote name='rodeojones903']How much $$ are we talking about here? :D[/QUOTE]

Something like $5 + ship... I don't want to spend a ton on this thing ;) But hell, $5 for doing nothing, that's not bad at all.

I'll have the money for this Friday but I have a feeling my EB's / GS's will be all out of it by then... thanks for trying at least, Nogib :(

wow... this thing (only after playing single player for 1'1/2 hrs) is amazing. I rode the public transportation and used the access point scan the whole way... geeze... it's the most addicting thing I've had on a handheld in a while. this game is more than most portable games can ever wish to be. probably the only game that comes close is Tekken DR.

the crazy thing is that there's game sharing and nobody has yet to mention it.

oh, and no... no micraphone, but there are pre-set voice communication support for commands online.

for online, add me... name is rolento but if that dosnt work use the same thing I have for my XBL gamertag.

I couldn't resist so I have started playing it and wow, the PSP is an amazing little handheld to be able to handle a game like this. I'm not very far, but I'm loving what I've played so far.

I can't believe this game actually turned out (well... if what people are saying is to be believed.) Kojima is awesome, and I can't wait to get this.

I can't get this 'til Friday, but I'll play the fuck out of it while I work over the weekend.

I ordered on GS.com, so won't be joining you guys until Fri. May even wait to open it until finals are over (next thursday). I get pretty crazy when it comes to MGS games, so I think, for my grades sake, I will just wait until finals are over. Anyway, ill post my name once I finally pick it up.

Picked my copy up a few minutes ago and there was no case to be found anywhere. The worker said that they didn't get any in and that they may get them in a few days, which sucks because I preordered it just for the bonus case. I don't know if they're going to call when they do get them in or if I have to call until they do have them since I'd really like to get the case whenever they do get them in.

[quote name='Chacrana']I can't believe this game actually turned out (well... if what people are saying is to be believed.) Kojima is awesome, and I can't wait to get this.[/quote]
You doubted the game's awesomeness? Unbeliever!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Picked my copy up a few minutes ago and there was no case to be found anywhere. The worker said that they didn't get any in and that they may get them in a few days, which sucks because I preordered it just for the bonus case. I don't know if they're going to call when they do get them in or if I have to call until they do have them since I'd really like to get the case whenever they do get them in.
[/QUOTE]

Don't count on ever getting the case then... I've been told this at B&M GS's and EB's many many times and they NEVER receive the bonus after the initial day. I just ended up driving to a different store and getting it there.

The last time this happened was the Tekken pad thingy.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
You doubted the game's awesomeness? Unbeliever![/QUOTE]

I guess I'm just used to 3D action games being failures on the PSP. It's nice to see Kojima prove that the PSP is a viable platform for 3D action games... I just wish more devs. would catch on.

[quote name='Chacrana']I guess I'm just used to 3D action games being failures on the PSP. It's nice to see Kojima prove that the PSP is a viable platform for 3D action games... I just wish more devs. would catch on.[/QUOTE]

The real test is how many copies MGO sells... review scores and how well he made the game dosen't matter if it bombs because nobody buys games on the PSP anymore.

[quote name='Chacrana']I guess I'm just used to 3D action games being failures on the PSP. It's nice to see Kojima prove that the PSP is a viable platform for 3D action games... I just wish more devs. would catch on.[/quote]
It's Kojima. Regardless of the platform he's working on, he just doesn't fuck up his games.

Is this game an official part of the main MGS timeline? I heard the Acid games weren't. I briefly looked over the IGN review, so sorry if this was already addressed.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Is this game an official part of the main MGS timeline? I heard the Acid games weren't. I briefly looked over the IGN review, so sorry if this was already addressed.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this too... do I have to play MGS 3 before I play this?

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Is this game an official part of the main MGS timeline? I heard the Acid games weren't. I briefly looked over the IGN review, so sorry if this was already addressed.[/quote]

Yeah pretty sure it is on the timelene.......

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't count on ever getting the case then... I've been told this at B&M GS's and EB's many many times and they NEVER receive the bonus after the initial day. I just ended up driving to a different store and getting it there.

The last time this happened was the Tekken pad thingy.[/quote]
Yeah, that's the part I didn't want to really hear. I guess I'd be willing to pay for a case if anyone doesn't wants their case or has an extra.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm curious about this too... do I have to play MGS 3 before I play this?[/QUOTE]
It takes place after MGS3. Same Big Boss Snake from MGS3.

And you should play MGS3, not just because you're buying Portable Ops, but because MGS3 is a fantastic game.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm curious about this too... do I have to play MGS 3 before I play this?[/quote]
It is part of the official storyline, but you don't really need to play MGS3 to get the story. If you've read reviews, they'll give you the basic gist of what's going on when you get into the game. However, this story is important as it does contain plot points that you will probably deal with in MGS4.

Kojima has said that there's enough room in the storyline to have another sequel or two to MPO. I'd love to see the book Kojima has of the MGS storyline at some point to see how detailed the storyline is that involves all of these games.

[quote name='Roufuss']The real test is how many copies MGO sells... review scores and how well he made the game dosen't matter if it bombs because nobody buys games on the PSP anymore.[/QUOTE]I still buy tons of PSP games (actually, half the games on my wishlist are PSP games). ;)
[quote name='Chacrana']I guess I'm just used to 3D action games being failures on the PSP. It's nice to see Kojima prove that the PSP is a viable platform for 3D action games... I just wish more devs. would catch on.[/QUOTE]There are a few that didn't work out, but I found some that worked really well, like Syphon Filter Dark Mirror.

Anyway, I'm very glad to see this game do well. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't completely excited about this, since I'm more of a MGS2 fan. However, now my interests has increased and I want to buy it. I never beat MGS3 though, but I'll still play this.

The game got a 9.0 by Gamespot

ugh! these controls are a MESS!!

or... maybe I am just saying that becoz I've been playing syphon filter.

either way they'll take me time to get used to.

I also read on gamefaqs that ppl are going online w/ just tranqs

and getting owned by ppl with uzis and ak47s & shit.

so I'll be trying to get some good weapons before going online.

I am truely surprised at how well this game is on the PSP. GTA and Syphon Filter were good, but you could tell that they are handheld couterparts to the larger games (hopefully with GTA there'll be a SACS next year). This game feels JUST like MGS3; in fact the second "mission" is very similar to one from MGS3 (where you could crawl in the trench).

I have a feeling that this game has raised the bar for the PSP and shown what it's capable of .... I'm going to lose alot of time with this one.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I am truely surprised at how well this game is on the PSP. GTA and Syphon Filter were good, but you could tell that they are handheld couterparts to the larger games (hopefully with GTA there'll be a SACS next year). This game feels JUST like MGS3; in fact the second "mission" is very similar to one from MGS3 (where you could crawl in the trench).

I have a feeling that this game has raised the bar for the PSP and shown what it's capable of .... I'm going to lose alot of time with this one.[/QUOTE]

The bar was raised by Tekken DR originally, but most people don't play fighters. This takes the extra step and goes a bit further. Thanks Konami for making me love my PSP...

after saying that I can honestly say (when I say that saying... etc. >_

Cool game, graphics are surprisingly good, even after seeing the screens. Controls are a little clunky though, but they work well enough. Can't find the option to generate a player based on my wifi access point though, anyone know where it is? I've already looked through both infrastructure modes and couldn't find the option.

Also, anyone have an approximation of how long it would take to go through Subsistence on PS2? I've had the LE sitting on my shelf since spring and thanks to early finals I have the rest of the week completely free. Thanks.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Cool game, graphics are surprisingly good, even after seeing the screens. Controls are a little clunky though, but they work well enough. Can't find the option to generate a player based on my wifi access point though, anyone know where it is? I've already looked through both infrastructure modes and couldn't find the option.

Also, anyone have an approximation of how long it would take to go through Subsistence on PS2? I've had the LE sitting on my shelf since spring and thanks to early finals I have the rest of the week completely free. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

it's the little radar thing... it says recruitment I think...

from there just run around everywhere to unlock guys. I noticed you have better chances of getting characters with better stats than from the game.

bread's done
Back