Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - Add your MGO Tags to Play with Fellow CAGs

I'd suggest checking out the link in the first post to the offical site to get an understanding of the history of the game.

Picked the game up today, man the case it came with is pretty awesome.

The game is very good as well, I haven't played online yet though. I recruited someone from my WiFi Access Point, and got some Tech guy named "Mega Shark" or something like that. :D

So if one of your teammates dies in single player are they really gone for the rest of the game?

And how does the take an unconscious person to one of your teammates hiding in a box thing work?

I figured out that those with ps3's, if you put it in remote play then scan for units on the psp, it found one! So that is 2 found from comfort of home (ps3 and my wireless router) .

[quote name='whoknows']And how does the take an unconscious person to one of your teammates hiding in a box thing work?[/quote]

you just have to tranq them or knock them out and drop them next to one of your teammates, then call the special frequency on the codec. You have to go through a few missions and they'll explain it to you.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The bar was raised by Tekken DR originally, but most people don't play fighters. This takes the extra step and goes a bit further. Thanks Konami for making me love my PSP...

after saying that I can honestly say (when I say that saying... etc. >_

At first I had trouble trying to play this with the analog stick but I remembered I had an analog stick to switch it with. Now with a bigger and taller stick to work with, I find this game to be a lot of fun.

Since the game has a tighter focus on just missions and not one huge world, it makes it less annoying to have to deal with the camera.

So far things are working very well, and it really makes me wonder what Kojima's team has learned from this game. I can already tell that Snake probably won't be carrying all his junk with him in MGS4. Taking away your abilty to carry a lot of stuff in MPO makes things a lot more tense. This is looking to be an extrodinary game from start to finish.

Although I think it sucks that you can't set forward-back-strafe controls during first person view to the analog stick. The camera should stay the camera imo. Other than that and not being able to zoom the camera out, this game is kicking some arse.

I was under the impression that Kojima had some input, but wasn't really in charge of this game. He is working on MGS4 after all.

[quote name='whoknows']So if one of your teammates dies in single player are they really gone for the rest of the game?

And how does the take an unconscious person to one of your teammates hiding in a box thing work?[/QUOTE]

With the exception of main characters, yes when your guys die, they're gone for good.

[quote name='pete5883']I was under the impression that Kojima had some input, but wasn't really in charge of this game. He is working on MGS4 after all.[/quote]

He had a bigger hand in this game then people think. It is another big chapter in the MGS series which is his baby.

I got this game yesterday and it made me a happy PSP owner. I hope more PSP titles like this on the way. Maybe, it will ease my "must own PS3 to play PS1 games on PSP" pain right now.

[quote name='whoknows']So if one of your teammates dies in single player are they really gone for the rest of the game?[/QUOTE]I already had a teammate die,

so I just pressed start, selected 'restart mission' and he came back to life.

all my earliest recruits are hella weak, like 30HP weak...

I think I'm gonna send them on that cyber survival mode

So are we going to make a CAG clan or something?

I was thinking we could all do our part and host "CAG Servers."

Perhaps have a universal password set for each of them?

[quote name='yukine']So are we going to make a CAG clan or something?

I was thinking we could all do our part and host "CAG Servers."

Perhaps have a universal password set for each of them?[/quote]

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Lets do it OP!!!!!!!!

We should start by putting all our names on a list etc

MGO Name/CAG Name
mine is: martin8me/martin8me

[quote name='martin8me']YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Lets do it OP!!!!!!!!

We should start by putting all our names on a list etc

MGO Name/CAG Name
mine is: martin8me/martin8me[/QUOTE]

will do. I'm not good at maintaining clan threads, but I'll give it a shot...

MGO Name/CAG Name
Rolento/RelentlessRolento

I know this has been asked before in other places, but can you use the Nintendo Wifi dongle to go online with a PSP? I want to play some MGO on PSP, but wireless isn't allowed in dorms.

My information:

yukine/yukine. :D

Edit: I haven't really been able to get too far in this yet, I keep trying to recruit new members to my army.

Getting medical people seems really hard... I have what looks like a nurse that has an "S" in medic, but she is a quarterback and it says to put her in the sneaking unit. Should I just throw her in the Medic Unit anyway?

[quote name='yukine']My information:

yukine/yukine. :D[/quote]

I haven't really been able to get too far in this yet, I keep trying to recruit new members to my army.

Getting medical people seems really hard... I have what looks like a nurse that has an "S" in medic, but she is a quarterback and it says to put her in the sneaking unit. Should I just throw in the Medic Unit anyway?

[quote name='yukine']My information:

yukine/yukine. :D

Edit: I haven't really been able to get too far in this yet, I keep trying to recruit new members to my army.

Getting medical people seems really hard... I have what looks like a nurse that has an "S" in medic, but she is a quarterback and it says to put her in the sneaking unit. Should I just throw her in the Medic Unit anyway?
[/QUOTE]

put her in the medic. Always put what they are best at doing in there... quarterback is only good if you need her to fight.

so far I'm at the end... the story has kicked a ton of ass so far.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']put her in the medic. Always put what they are best at doing in there... quarterback is only good if you need her to fight.

so far I'm at the end... the story has kicked a ton of ass so far.[/quote]

Alright, I'll do that. ;)

FurryKing/FurryCurry

Konami would release both Castlevania and Metal Gear the same week now wouldn't they? ;) I keep jumping between the two. When I get around to having an actual team I'll try online battles again. Before I just couldn't connect at all. I guess I'm not far enough in single player yet (I just got my first recruit).

Dear developers,

More PSP games of this caliber, plz~

Sincerely,
Me

Kotaku makes the moving + looking controls sound...unpleasant. Anyone having any problems?

I'm in the middle of Monster Hunter Freedom, though, and it sounds like the exact same setup. And it's not a good setup.

JEKKI/JEKKI

I already have a team up on cyber survival,

I recommend everybody read the rules to that mode coz they're kinda intricate...

I was too lazy to read them myself btw,

I wish someone would type them up and post them online.

[quote name='pete5883']Kotaku makes the moving + looking controls sound...unpleasant. Anyone having any problems?

I'm in the middle of Monster Hunter Freedom, though, and it sounds like the exact same setup. And it's not a good setup.[/quote]

I never need to Move + look personally. I'll set the camera to the spot I need it, slide up agaist a wall, and then move the angle if I need to. The controls aren't bad at all and you can change the them via options to make them more comfortable.

controls are not an issue. The only problem, though the system shape is to blame, is the long houred hand cramping.

Just beat the game last night... now I'm making it a point to unlock the unique characters.

[quote name='suko_32']How do you put unconscious people on your shoulder and carry them that way? I can't seem to do it.[/QUOTE]

unequip weapons and hit square while standing above them.

fuck yes! was trying to get python, but in the process unlocked Null, Python, Venus (hells yes, being a huge Ac!d fan), Teliko (again, Ac!d love), and Major Zero :)

also added everyone so far on OP name list.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']fuck yes! was trying to get python, but in the process unlocked Null, Python, Venus (hells yes, being a huge Ac!d fan), Teliko (again, Ac!d love), and Major Zero :)

also added everyone so far on OP name list.[/QUOTE]
Woah woah woah....Venus is in it? Please explain how to get her.

[quote name='whoknows']Woah woah woah....Venus is in it? Please explain how to get her.[/QUOTE]

I do know that you have to beat the game at least once... after that on your second run I think you just start your game, hit home, load up MGSPO again alng with your save, and poof, she should be there. Though some people are saying you have to tranq all the bosses before getting them, I didn't have to.

To be totally honest, the guy I want the most is Gene... he's a total badass and is one of the best voice actors I've heard in a while. Not to mention, he looks alot like rolento:

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20061201022458958-000.jpg
200px-Rolento_FF.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']unequip weapons and hit square while standing above them.[/quote]

Hmmm.... I can't seem to get that to work even though I'm not holding a weapon in hand.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I do know that you have to beat the game at least once... after that on your second run I think you just start your game, hit home, load up MGSPO again alng with your save, and poof, she should be there. Though some people are saying you have to tranq all the bosses before getting them, I didn't have to.

To be totally honest, the guy I want the most is Gene... he's a total badass and is one of the best voice actors I've heard in a while. Not to mention, he looks alot like rolento:

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20061201022458958-000.jpg
200px-Rolento_FF.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Doesn't sound too hard, now with finals over I should have time to play through it .

Can't wait to get her after I beat the game :D

[quote name='whoknows']Doesn't sound too hard, now with finals over I should have time to play through it .

Can't wait to get her after I beat the game :D[/QUOTE]

:lol: and I was here thinking I was the only Venus fan :)

I still wish for a MGA2 snake clone, but oh well...

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Hmmm.... I can't seem to get that to work even though I'm not holding a weapon in hand.[/quote]

Anyone?

So what's the "Independent Unit" all about? I think they might of briefly explained it in the game, but it's kind of hard to remember small details like that.

try holding down square for about a second to hold the guy...

as for indipendant, that's just the extra slot to put soldiers that you don't need anywhere else.

I also realize you may need a MGA1 and MGA2 save to unlock Teliko and Venus (from each respective gamesave). I had both on there, so that may be how I unlocked them.

Maybe we can get an online game going later today.

I'd like to add all of you to my Friends List, but I think we have to be in the same game together to be able to do that.

Edit: RelentlessRolento will kick all of our asses, but it'll be fun to play an online game with fellow CAGers anyway.

[quote name='yukine']

Edit: RelentlessRolento will kick all of our asses, but it'll be fun to play an online game with fellow CAGers anyway.
[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm not that great, though I know I have somewhat of an advantage with the extra characters. Teliko and Venus have pretty crappy health, but have some great skills.

Teliko can run fast and is ranked "S" with pistols, so I give her a SAA mainly.

Venus, well, she's crazy. no special abilites but every single catagory ranks her at "A" >_<

I can't get on tommorow as I have an interview with some museum (oddly about gaming) and I work right after that... late tommorow ater 11pm I can be on though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I do know that you have to beat the game at least once... after that on your second run I think you just start your game, hit home, load up MGSPO again alng with your save, and poof, she should be there. Though some people are saying you have to tranq all the bosses before getting them, I didn't have to.[/quote]

There are some rumors about beating the game before Jan 1st unlocking characters or something. To bad I always take my time to grab all the little things on the first run through.

Heh, is it true that you get Teliko by having a Metal Gear Ac!d 2 saved game on your PSP?

I wouldn't know, I still need to get the second game in the Ac!d series. :whistle2:#

I love the SAA, good choice of weapon! :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']try holding down square for about a second to hold the guy.[/quote]

That just drags the person.

[quote name='yukine']Heh, is it true that you get Teliko by having a Metal Gear Ac!d 2 saved game on your PSP?

I wouldn't know, I still need to get the second game in the Ac!d series. :whistle2:#

I love the SAA, good choice of weapon! :D[/QUOTE]

actually:

Teliko = MGA1 save

Venus = MGA2 save

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually:

Teliko = MGA1 save

Venus = MGA2 save[/quote]
Yeah, that'd make more sense. Those crazy GameFAQers!

Ah... apparently they are unlocked on your second play through if you have the saved files on the PSP.

I really should pick up Ac!d 2, I really enjoyed the first one. And I've heard the second game is a lot better.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']explain what you are trying to do exactly because i think i misunderstood you.[/quote]

Said something about carry'n on shoulders, I'm guessing something like this below but I've never seen it in the game/series.

images

[quote name='suko_32']How do you put unconscious people on your shoulder and carry them that way? I can't seem to do it.[/quote]

That's what I was referring to. I was guessing the whole time it was just a misunderstanding but was hopeful it wasn't because dragging enemies is slow as fuck with a non-rescuer.

bread's done
Back