Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - Add your MGO Tags to Play with Fellow CAGs

[quote name='yukine']Hmm, I was able to join Rolento's game just fine.

It might have something to do with the router's firewall. I can't seem to find anything about which ports I should forward though.[/QUOTE]
Man...my internet must suck then. First I couldnt get online, then I couldnt join a server, then I couldnt join Rolento's game....then it all worked suddenly. Weird stuff :p

[quote name='whoknows']Man...my internet must suck then. First I couldnt get online, then I couldnt join a server, then I couldnt join Rolento's game....then it all worked suddenly. Weird stuff :p[/quote]
Ah well, I guess we should probably play the single player some more anyway.

Rolento has so many awesome characters. :D

[quote name='yukine']Ah well, I guess we should probably play the single player some more anyway.

Rolento has so many awesome characters. :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm jealous of all of them...one day I'll have awesome characters too...if I believe

[quote name='yukine']Ah well, I guess we should probably play the single player some more anyway.

Rolento has so many awesome characters. :D[/QUOTE]

I found out that to get zero you have to have a save from the digital graphic novel, which I luckilly have.

Next time we play I'll play with my regular team of joes... then a team with Zero, sigint, paramedic, and some other guy.

and yes, whoknows rapes with the tranq gun. my condolences :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I found out that to get zero you have to have a save from the digital graphic novel, which I luckilly have.

Next time we play I'll play with my regular team of joes... then a team with Zero, sigint, paramedic, and some other guy.

and yes, whoknows rapes with the tranq gun. my condolences :)[/quote]

Yeah, I have that saved on the PSP. So Zero will get unlocked when I play through the game a second time?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I found out that to get zero you have to have a save from the digital graphic novel, which I luckilly have.

and yes, whoknows rapes with the tranq gun. my condolences :)[/QUOTE]
It's not my fault, the tranq gun is all I have for Snake :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, I have that saved on the PSP. So Zero will get unlocked when I play through the game a second time?[/QUOTE]

from what it sounds like...

also seems that people have been reading through the games codec files and are finding that eva is unlocked using a frequencey found writtin in a locker...?

and sokalove is unlockable as well...

I don't care about sokalov (other than his tech skills... probably ranked "S") but eva would kick ass to have.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']from what it sounds like...

also seems that people have been reading through the games codec files and are finding that eva is unlocked using a frequencey found writtin in a locker...?

and sokalove is unlockable as well...

I don't care about sokalov (other than his tech skills... probably ranked "S") but eva would kick ass to have.[/quote]

Interesting, I would like Eva as well. ;) ;) :D

[quote name='yukine']Interesting, I would like Eva as well. ;) ;) :D[/QUOTE]

Here, here!

Aw, I was trying this out with my buddy, if I'd know oyu guys were all playing, I probably would have stopped in.

I go by "Calorie Mate" on there, so hopefully I'll see some of you soon...I should probably build up my army first, though. I haven't gotten terribly far in it, yet.

Rolento, what was your hour count when you finished it? And I just need to beat the game for my DGN save file to unlock a character, right?

I'm not a big fan of the shorter mission-based setup, but I understand the choice, and this is still MEtal Gear through and through...which means I love it. :)

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Here, here!

Aw, I was trying this out with my buddy, if I'd know oyu guys were all playing, I probably would have stopped in.

I go by "Calorie Mate" on there, so hopefully I'll see some of you soon...I should probably build up my army first, though. I haven't gotten terribly far in it, yet.

Rolento, what was your hour count when you finished it? And I just need to beat the game for my DGN save file to unlock a character, right?

I'm not a big fan of the shorter mission-based setup, but I understand the choice, and this is still MEtal Gear through and through...which means I love it. :)[/quote]

"Calorie Mate." That is awesome!

I wouldn't mind playing some more online matches.

The sad thing about this game...

While there are a lot of PSPs in America, only so many have this game, and only so many of these owners have Wi-Fi.

What I played of multiplayer is a lot of fun although I need to keep building a better army. I wish there was just a big pool for everyone in your squads to just grab whatever items they want. I really want my Snake to own an AK-47 or M16A.

After a match has started, have any of you noticed any lag? I haven't which is quite the delightful surprise.

Hey Rolento. I have an Acid 2 save so how do I get the secret character from it? Time to act swiftly on that Metal Gear Graphic Novel from amazon!

What is the best time for us to find CAG games? Midnight to 3-4am? That's how things went down with Metroid Prime Hunters iirc.

are you guys gonna play again tonite??

I think the official CAG server should be CUNNINGHAM

becoz it's the only name with a C, an A, and a G in it

I've only played online for about a half-hour, but I'll stop in the room sometime (if it's still there).

I'm also only about 4 hours into the game so I have crappy characters. :cry:

[quote name='yukine']"Calorie Mate." That is awesome!

I wouldn't mind playing some more online matches.[/QUOTE]

It was my name in Subsistence's online, too. AND my team went all the way to #4 in the team tournament. Yes, Calorie Mate was a name to be feared, and I hope that it quickly becomes so in this game as well. :p

I'd like to try and play with some of you guys tonight...what times? We'll be doing the mode where you don't lose your guys, right? Mine are still pretty weak, and Lord knows the last thing I need is to lose the only decent ones I have.

I'm definitely up for some games tonight. My team is shitty as hell since I've been wasting most of my time just recruiting people instead of doing the missions, but I'm still game.

im surprised no one complain about the stamina problem. its hard to find the rations. my buddies kept dying cause of the stamina. whats the best way to regain stamina. my snake is like one dot of stamina.

Yeah, tonight would be good after midnight. I'll play with a different team with charcters I don't like as much but want to play with.

as for the acid saves, I think all you need are the saves (same goes for the graphic novel).

well, the one character I want the most is going to take some time to unlock...

I have to recruit at least 200 soldiers >_< I just hit the 100 mark so time to discharge.

[quote name='trunks982']nevermind. thanks for not replying. i found out. all i need to do is WAIT[/QUOTE]
I would have replied but I had no idea what to do, my Snake kept dying for the same reason as well :lol:

I just saw the question but would have answered.

So anyway... The higher your Medicial units skill, the more stamina and health you will regain when you use wait.

I just got done playing, but I wouldn't mind playing some more later tonight.

Don't forget to add each other to your friend list, I found out tonight that if you hit START while looking at games to join, you can see if anyone on your friend list is currently playing a game and it will allow you to join it directly.

I saw that Rolento was on, but he was playing a "Real Combat" match.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Anyone up for some games?[/QUOTE]

I would be up to it, but I've been playing it nonstop since I got back from work and am a bit worn out for playing it nonstop for the past week... need a break sadly :p

Initial impressions:
Good god the PSP needs a 2nd analog nub - and since it doesn't the camera shouldn't be so close. AP scan is frustrating to use when you don't own the AP. Walking around the neighborhood caused a lot of annoyance as I'd jam the button to get the bar near the line, just to lose the signal even though I'm not moving.

Played online for a few minutes tonight, not bad. My player name: Merylus.

[quote name='yukine']Lets get a game going tonight, CAG!

I only have Rolento, and whoknows on my friend list. I want to get the rest of you on there.[/QUOTE]what time??

it's 6:45 pst rite now, and I wanna head out to the store,

but after that my whole night is good.

I'm redoing my online team ^_^

Eh, I don't care. It seems like 10:00/11:00/12:00 is when we usually play... I guess we can wait for JEKKI or whoknows to create it.

No one seems to be able to join the games I make, anyone know what UDP ports I need to forward?

Ok, so who is creating the game? Make the pass "CAG" or something.

Edit: Ok, I'm going to lay down and get my Metal Gear on. Please make the pass "CAG" or else, I'm going to have to get up. :D

I would make it, but like I said, people seem to have difficulty joining games that I make.

Ok I'm going to mess with my team a little bit then I'll be hosting a game, I'll edit this post with the info when it's up. Also, I've got a quick question: when you're playing online do your items you acquire in single player get used up?

[quote name='JEKKI']ok game created:

name: CAGMATIC
pass: cag

gogogo!!

edit: server SNAKE[/quote]
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! These should be the Official settings for future CAG Games!

[quote name='martin8me']is this a Real Match?[/QUOTE]
Not sure what it is. He should have done Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch

EDIT: Oh, nvm looks like it was a capture match.

good games... I still don't like my team... I'll probably remove reikov and zero... possibly python.

I'll probably use venus again, but the other person I have no idea who.

bread's done
Back