Meteos General Discussion Thread

My EB usually gets games around 5 the day it ships.

Anyways, I'll be picking it up. Passed on Bomberman to get this one.

I've got a $5 off any game coupon and a $10 voucher at EB. I'll be there ASAP to get this one. Also, Gamespot gave it an 8.5.

Once it hits $20 somehow, somewhere, I'll be all over it.

Too many puzzle games hitting the DS lately for me to get psyched over yet another one.

But the review is nice and I'll probably cave and buy it with a GGC. What's up with the IGN short review though? Usually I'm used to seeing 5 page opus's from them.

[quote name='Shayde']My EB usually gets games around 5 the day it ships.

Anyways, I'll be picking it up. Passed on Bomberman to get this one.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, and usually for only 'big' type games. This game is not. It will be available at most places on a Tuesday, not Monday. Sorry, but people on GameFaqs are notorius for this

I have avoided all the previous puzzle games on the DS, all for Meteos.

Oh yes, it will be mine. Hopefully I'll be able to finish getting all the medals in Kirby before Tuesday.

[quote name='crazyboxer12']the review is almost as good as lumines for psp, and I liked lumines, so I'll definitely be picking this one up[/QUOTE]

Famitsu rated Meteos higher than Lumines...

Whoa!! i wasn't expecting this so soon. I'm a mutha-sucka for a good puzzle game...can't wait to play this.

It's weird that Gamespot's review is so glowing, and they even claim it as "One of the best DS games yet", and then give it an 8.5?

Looking at the score breakdown, the value is an 8 out of 10, yet he claims in the entire review it's got tons of replayability and unlockables... you think the value would be a 10.

Numbers are so worthless.

I'll be picking this one up as well. But as much as I love new puzzle games, is a DS version of Panel de Pon too unreasonable to ask for? It hasn't gotten a portable release since Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for Game Boy Color (not counting the downloadable version in Nintendo Puzzle Collection)! Best puzzle game ever!

Lumines is getting kinda stale for my now that have unlocked almost everything. Meteos is set to take it's place in my bathroom.

Meteos is made by some of the Smash Bros. people, right?

And OMG YES, Panel de Pon is the ULTIMATE puzzle game. Such amazing balance... I am still playing Tetris Attack occasionally to this day.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'll be picking this one up as well. But as much as I love new puzzle games, is a DS version of Panel de Pon too unreasonable to ask for? It hasn't gotten a portable release since Pokemon Puzzle Challenge for Game Boy Color (not counting the downloadable version in Nintendo Puzzle Collection)! Best puzzle game ever![/QUOTE]

I agree also, if Tetris Attack came out on the DS I would get a huge boner. But, imagine if it went on-line. I think I would probably cream my pants if that happened.

[quote name='Parathod']The creator designed Smash Bros. and Lumines.[/QUOTE]

Q rules. I think them and Clover are my two favorite up and coming studios

[quote name='Roufuss']

Too many puzzle games hitting the DS lately for me to get psyched over yet another one.

[/QUOTE]

i love puzzle games almost as much as rpgs, the ds is a godsend

I just want to throw it out here for everyone interested in this game, and have a Gamerush near you.

Apparently they are having a one week sale starting Tuesday that puts any new DS game at 30% off (or so someone says that has the flyer).

If it's true that would put Meteos right at 21.00 brand new.

jsut wondering if anyone knows when Meteos will be available at BB... been wating for this ever since I heard about Q entertainment (about 7 months ago)... dying to play this since this team is doing everything I hope to be doing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']jsut wondering if anyone knows when Meteos will be available at BB... been wating for this ever since I heard about Q entertainment (about 7 months ago)... dying to play this since this team is doing everything I hope to be doing.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess either Wednesday or Thursday.

you know, i was interested in this game... but then i tried out a flash version of it... it didn't seem all that good... given, it's not the "real" thing... and ive seen videos of the game with all it's smash bros-esque flashiness, but... im still kind of reluctant of buying it first thing... even with all the good reviews...

but then again i thought i'd never enjoy bejeweled... and i didnt... but then zoo keeper for various different reasons sure did grow on me...

I keep hearing about this comparison in which you feel like you do when you play Smash, but that just sounds bizarre to me, being two completely different genres and all, even if they take influence from the same person. I generally dont like Puzzle games, but I like Smash.

take a look at some videos and u'll instantly see what the ppl are saying... even listening, the music sounds just like smash... like... you know when you attack something in smash, there's this diagonal slash line? (im not a smash player, ive just watched my friends play sometimes) they do that in this game too... just take a look at some vids...

Kirby's Air Ride mosdef had the same flare as Smashysmashy... it's really evident in their recent games. You can't not see the comparison once you know you should be looking for it. YOU CAN"T.

[quote name='alongx']I've got a $5 off any game coupon and a $10 voucher at EB. I'll be there ASAP to get this one. Also, Gamespot gave it an 8.5.[/QUOTE]

I have that $10 eb voucher but where did you get the $5 coupon from?

gonna go trade in Mario and Zoo Keeper towards this game...They're fun, but I can already tell once the slew of ds games hits this fall, I'll never touch them again(pun not intended.)

going to get it right after I finish my stupid bio-lab. hopefully GS will get it before 2:30.

Just got this game this morning at Wal-Mart.

So far this game is EXCELLENT I'm loving it, more so than Lumines when I first got it. I haven't really grasped the concept of the story, have just been playing it and enjoying the hell out of it.

Anyone with a DS should pick this game up.

Gamerush should have their copies in today... you'll pay a cool $21.00 dollars for it.

Girlfriend just got hers this morning.

I got it about an hour ago. The gameplay is a lot deeper than I thought it would be, and I'm too slow to keep up for long. I need to read the manual, I feel like I'm missing some of the nuances.

Great game so far. I'm glad I held out for it over the other puzzlers.

i got my copy today(paid $13 for it because i had some credit left over). its definetly a fun game, but there is a big learning curve. like, more than polarium had. but its definetly worth the $35. its so fast paced and frantic, you will defiently have a blast playing it.

now all i need to do is find a way to get nfsu2, puyo pop fever, bomberman, goldeneye, and kirby canvas curse.....

[quote name='Shayde']Just got this game this morning at Wal-Mart.

So far this game is EXCELLENT I'm loving it, more so than Lumines when I first got it. I haven't really grasped the concept of the story, have just been playing it and enjoying the hell out of it.

Anyone with a DS should pick this game up.[/QUOTE]

I hope my Walmart has it tomorrow.

i almost got pissed at my gamestop for not having it (since i have been wating close to a year) but as soon as I was done talking to one of the employees about the game, the FedEx guy walks in with a mini box all full of Meteos love!

alost deepr than I thought it would be and so far, I can happily say it's the best game on the DS so far... for me it use to be Feel the Magic but this game is kick-meteos's ass good!

Just so you guys know and know others with a DS - you can unlock special planets only available by playing multiplayer.

The first time I got done with a game, I unlocked Jel Jel I think it was called, for playing against another live person for the very first time.

what do the different planets do? all i really notice is it changes the way the boxes look during gameplay. do they do anything else?

bread's done
Back