Meteos General Discussion Thread

did you know:

When you've got some stuff thats being launched, you can actually flick up individual blocks sitting on the ground into the currently airborne mass?

Scoring high is all about those full screen combos, and spamming L/R to try to keep the combo going.

yes! that is a ku part of the game... but it sucks when you're on a planet that has wack gravity and that flicking thing does like nothing.

another cool fact: you can flick up a block and if it collides with a matching block, say you flick up a fire and a fire is coming down in the same column, they both will explode and disappear. not really useful if you want to send over meteos... actually maybe it's not useful at all but it's still in the game =P

[quote name='alongx']You have to view 8 endings, plus 5000 air, earth, fire, and water, 3000 iron and electric, 2000 herb and animal, 1000 glow and dark, 5 soul and time. I've got all but 5 planets now, though I still can't get particularly great scores.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got Meteos to show up in the fusion list. Since then I've been playing like mad to collect meteos to fuse it - I figure with all the high numbers required for Meteos I'll see all the other planets show up as well - so far several others have, but I only have about 2000-3000 of the ones I need 5000 of :D... I have to resist the temptation to unlock the "lesser" planets first so I can get the full planet list - then I'll get Meteos and then work on unlocking the others one at a time without worrying about never seeing some show up.

To get Meteos to show up in the list (even if you don't have enough to fuse it), just try to play through all the Star Trip endings - in particular, do all 7 of the branch path ones. Then the straight path one, I believe, gives you 2 endings if you score under and over 500,000. Then of course there are the 3 in the last mode. Do you get anything for completing ALL the endings? I just can't get to that top one in the last mode. I always lose on a "clear the screen of Meteos" mission and get bumped down to the lower ones. The middle one isn't too hard - just go to the end at the bottom and win the last mission - you get bumped back up to the middle ending.

I also tried to see what I could get for getting good scores in the Time War. I was finally able to get the 100 meteo one done in under 10 seconds - I think that one is the lame 100 meteos of different kinds reward. (How to do this? Hold down the shoulder button and lanuch like crazy). I did the 1000 meteo one in under 3 minutes and got some sound unlocked though. Since there are so many things to fuse it is nice to get ones for "free" occasionally and save the meteos for the big things (like planet Meteos!). Does anyone know if the timed ones give you anything for a certain high score? OK - just looked on gamefaq's - it looks like you get the Smoke Screen item for getting 100,000 points in a 5:00 minute time war. I'll have to go for that tonight. And you get Bavoom for 50,000 points in a 2 minute time war. Hmmm. I may have done that already - another thing to check!

Also, you get planet Vubble for seeing all 7 branch mode endings - so that's another reason to do it in addition to unlocking Meteos.

man i cant get good scores on any of those so i just "brute force" unlocked everything from lots of playing (currently have about 16:30 logged in of real gaming time)

What planets are good for getting Soul? and how about the other one that's scarce? I haven't even found one yet. Now that I have a soul a lot of things are unlocked, but I don't want to use it...

boggob seems alright for getting soul.

to get time, ive found that tri... tri something is real good for time... i got 4 in one simple game. but i might just have been lucky... another place to get time is dawndus.

it seems like soul is rarer than time. for me anyways...

As for fusing Meteo, it turns out you get Meteo to show up on your fusion list by viewing 8 endings. I saw all 7 of the brnach endings, and one of the straight.

Now I need to collect like mad. I might have to fuse some rare metals if I have to.

This game is crazy. I mean its great that it has so many things to do but if I bought this and didnt check around on the net I would miss half the stuff to do.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']As for fusing Meteo, it turns out you get Meteo to show up on your fusion list by viewing 8 endings. I saw all 7 of the brnach endings, and one of the straight.

Now I need to collect like mad. I might have to fuse some rare metals if I have to.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten quite a number of Soul meteos on Florias, I'd recommend that. I forget where I got all of my Time, but I have like 6 of them somehow. I'm missing only 5 planets...still not sure what would get me Hotted or Globin.

By the w ay, did anyone get the True ending of the multi-path? I can never seem to pass the send 50/75 meteos up at once missions

[quote name='alongx']I've gotten quite a number of Soul meteos on Florias, I'd recommend that. I forget where I got all of my Time, but I have like 6 of them somehow. I'm missing only 5 planets...still not sure what would get me Hotted or Globin.

By the w ay, did anyone get the True ending of the multi-path? I can never seem to pass the send 50/75 meteos up at once missions[/QUOTE]

I actually did sent up 75 meteos (90 something actually) but I died once and wasn't able to kill the other 3 planets the other time :(

Is there any rhyme or reason to the soundtracks? Can they be mixed etc.

I noticed that there is a 'theme' song plus there seems to be 80 or so little soud effects... But within those sound effects (sound effect 20 for example) there are other muscial scores that change depending on the 'theme' picked.

I actually got 7 Soul on Florias last night. =O

I'm good with soul, now I'm just trying to figure out what planet's good for Time. I got one on Meteo last night, and that's my only one.

I just got a Time on the ending thing, like,
I beat Meteo, then I watch the credits/play again but it's all uber small. I got a time there! =D

This game is the most addictive game I've played since God of War and in originality and addictiveness, Katamari Damaci. It's just great.

In the game I have gotten already 2 Soul and One Time, but I need a ton more of Time.

[quote name='alongx']I've gotten quite a number of Soul meteos on Florias, I'd recommend that. I forget where I got all of my Time, but I have like 6 of them somehow. I'm missing only 5 planets...still not sure what would get me Hotted or Globin.

By the w ay, did anyone get the True ending of the multi-path? I can never seem to pass the send 50/75 meteos up at once missions[/QUOTE]

I'm not even a hundred percent sure on what to do/ exactly how to do the 50/75 meteos up at once missions. I've beaten the 50 meteos once, but I have know clue how or exactly what I was supposed to do. Couldn't get past the 75 one, so I gave up.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']wait...you actually get credit for the meteos you launch during the credits?[/QUOTE]

Yaeh and there are tons of Dark meteos and one other type of meteos that's hard to come by usually during the credits, so it's best to capatilize on it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']doh! all this time I've just been speeding through the credits to get to the next game.[/QUOTE]

I've gotten a number of time and soul from the credits, personally...

Yeah, that was my first rare meteo from the creds.

Florias is definately a Soul magnet...

So once I find a great Time planet I'll let you all know. I'm gonna go play for hours now...

i personally like the ending credits "planet". i like how there's a whole lot of meteos and i also like the gravity of the planet... it's pretty easy but it's fun having to try so hard to drag the meteos that you meant to drag. it'd be a nice unlockable but im kind of doubting that it's there... but who knows... maybe it might be... already unlocked everything in the game though so maybe the game might leave my DS soon so i can finish up mario64ds

I got this game about two weeks ago and have been playing it non-stop. It's great to finally have a DS game that completely 100% kicks ass. I've heard good things about Kirby too, so I may pick that up the next time I get paid.

This game and Kirby saved me from committing DS suicide. I was really considering selling it.

But now I have these, and then I'll have AC, Mario KArt, Nintendogs, and lots of other family fun.

IN any case, I too like the credit's planet. I doubt it's unlockable though. u-u

I'm just working on getting enough meteos to unlock Meteo. It'll take a good amount of time.....

I know I'm bumping an older thread but I got Meteos last Saturday before taking a trip to Nashville so I haven't been able to post. It's pretty good but it is so damn fast that I can't last longer than around 5 minutes. I totally suck at this game. Even though I get frustrated, I keep picking it back up and playing again. I almost thought about trading it in for Kirby but after reading all of the posts, I think I'll keep at it. I have only been playing Simple mode since I got it and I think that is why I haven't been having as much fun as the rest of you.

shit, I can't seem to break the 3 minute mark in Deluge! any hints guys? should i just start rubbing the screen like crazy at that point?

[quote name='lebowsky']I know I'm bumping an older thread but I got Meteos last Saturday before taking a trip to Nashville so I haven't been able to post. It's pretty good but it is so damn fast that I can't last longer than around 5 minutes. I totally suck at this game. Even though I get frustrated, I keep picking it back up and playing again. I almost thought about trading it in for Kirby but after reading all of the posts, I think I'll keep at it. I have only been playing Simple mode since I got it and I think that is why I haven't been having as much fun as the rest of you.[/QUOTE]

I like how it's so fast. The one thing I didn't like in Lumines was how you could go like an hour and a half before dying. Handheld games are better in quick bursts.

not once have i ever resorted to the screen rubbing "trick". there are ways to do better than the screen rubbing thing... if you're going for time, then dont use the speeder at all and you can delay your imminent death by the slowness early on =P i guess the only hint i can give you is to not panic once it gets frantic... if your screen is filling, generally there will be something that will match up somewhere... a lot of times you'll accidentally get matches when you're actually aiming for somethign else... that can work for and against you depending on the situation... i guess my tip is to not panic...

oh and it might help to keep matching meteos grouped nearby or together. that way it'll be easier to see matches later on when it gets frantic.

you've got to start a full screen combo going ASAP, and then maintain it as long as you can. It cant kill you while you are in the middle of a full screen combo. However, if you lose that combo, you are in deep poo.

Dawndus, if you hold down L/R, you can keep the full screen combo going indefinitely, as long as you wait for it to sink a bit before hitting the next one. Thats how I got a 40+ combo and just short of 400,000 points.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']you've got to start a full screen combo going ASAP, and then maintain it as long as you can. It cant kill you while you are in the middle of a full screen combo. However, if you lose that combo, you are in deep poo.

Dawndus, if you hold down L/R, you can keep the full screen combo going indefinitely, as long as you wait for it to sink a bit before hitting the next one. Thats how I got a 40+ combo and just short of 400,000 points.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try that out...

also, do you get to keep the meteos you earned in Star Trip?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Dawndus, if you hold down L/R, you can keep the full screen combo going indefinitely, as long as you wait for it to sink a bit before hitting the next one. Thats how I got a 40+ combo and just short of 400,000 points.[/QUOTE]

brabbit is a good planet for things like that... basically a full screen combo was stuck in the air because apparently, holding down the speeder there slows down the descent of rockets... in fact, for deluge i got like 400k in score or something on that planet.

[quote name='Apossum']also, do you get to keep the meteos you earned in Star Trip?[/QUOTE]

yes.

cool, guess i didn't notice since it doesn't give you an add up screen.

currently trying to break the 3 minute/50,000 point barrier. I've been figuring out new ways of getting launches, rather than wildly looking for any 3 matches, so that's a start :)

Launch something. I try to start with 5 columns if possible. Then, with the airborne mass, drag one of the blocks down to the bottom of the flying stack. Then Match it with two blocks that are next to it so that when it lands everything gets launched. Repeat.

Also, you can start a launch from NOT the bottom of the screen, then launch stuff under it and it'll connect.

Once you get every column in your mass, Hold down L/R to try to keep the mass from going all the way up, and wait till it hits the ground before you re-launch.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Once you get every column in your mass, Hold down L/R to try to keep the mass from going all the way up, and wait till it hits the ground before you re-launch.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't holding L strengthen the launch, and make it more apt to completely launch?

[quote name='evilmax17']Wouldn't holding L strengthen the launch, and make it more apt to completely launch?[/QUOTE]

I think the theory is no because its also going to cause an increase of incoming Meteos that will weigh down the launch.

If you get a minute check out the 7 page "guide" at 1up I posted above its helpful. It has short video clips of their offensive and defensive attacks, It also has basic info and independant planet info.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']launch them off the screen. ie try hard NOT to ignite them.[/QUOTE]
Oh hold on. If you ignite the Meteos, does that mean they lose their classification? Like if I ignite 3 fire meteos and they launch off the screen, I don't get credited 3 fire?

Good to know.

Well I know their power is reduced to 1/3 so maybe you have to launch 3 ignited of the same type to get one of that type? Or they are worth nothing...

I just got Meteos and I think it is a great game so far, but there are a few things I don't understand. How do you unlock different stuff? Like I know you can fuse new things and everything, but can you unlock anything, by getting a high score or something?

[quote name='Technique']I just got Meteos and I think it is a great game so far, but there are a few things I don't understand. How do you unlock different stuff? Like I know you can fuse new things and everything, but can you unlock anything, by getting a high score or something?[/QUOTE]

Go read this it will give you a good start.

http://cheats.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3141995

Its not a cheat with codes etc. Its a strategy type guide and covers part of your question.

This game is so addictive. I mean, I start playing it and then I end up finishing after about 6-8 hours when my starts to run low. Back to Meteos. I've already put in about 17 hours into this game.

Edit NM: I looked at the in-game clock and it shows it at 17 hours not 10.

I've been able to figure out most of the game (i.e strategies, unlockables, levels, missions, etc.) but I can't figure out for the life of me how to clear the "clear the screen" stages. I'll get a full screen launch and it'll look like I cleared it, but still nothing. I've also tried doing the bomb that clears the screen, but I'm guessing that that doesn't count to clear the level. Some help please guys.

I'd have to say that my 2 favorite planets thus far are Dawndus and Brabbit. I think Brabbit's icon set is horrible (with only Jeljel being worse), but I love the gravity.

bread's done
Back