Meteos General Discussion Thread

Quick question, are the different endings in Star Trip related to the path you take, or your score, or missions or what? I think I'm one or two endings away from having Meteos show up, but have had a few games where I play through a whole break a work and then just end up with an ending I've already seen.

daroga

for the straight star trip... the one with the straight line... there are 2 endings... one comes if you get less than a score of 500,000 (i might be wrong with the score) and the other comes if its more than that score.

the multi path one (the one that starts from one and then branches out like a triangle) has a different ending for each branch you take.

the branch one (the one where it goes different directions depending on if you fail or succeed a mission) has 3 different endings depending on how you do in succeeding in or failing the missions.

oh and... ADD METEOS TO YOUR "CURRENTLY PLAYING" LIST! (referring to above poster)

You need to get 8 endings to get Meteo.

I got the under-500k Straight one, and all 7 Branch ones, since they're quite simple.

Speaking of MEteo, I unlocked it. Yessssss.

Now for all the planets I accessed while I did that....-_-

[quote name='SAGExSDX']for the straight star trip... the one with the straight line... there are 2 endings... one comes if you get less than a score of 500,000 (i might be wrong with the score) and the other comes if its more than that score.

the multi path one (the one that starts from one and then branches out like a triangle) has a different ending for each branch you take.

the branch one (the one where it goes different directions depending on if you fail or succeed a mission) has 3 different endings depending on how you do in succeeding in or failing the missions.

oh and... ADD METEOS TO YOUR "CURRENTLY PLAYING" LIST! (referring to above poster)[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, so the multi-path has a different ending for each different Meteo you get to? That's kinda what I thought but didn't know for sure. Should've paid more attention to which ones I've been to. ;) Difficulty doesn't make a difference in this quest, eh? I'm starting to feel too comfortable with 2 stars, I think it's time to regularly play 3 :) I love this game.

Oh, and my playing list that hadn't been updated since May is now up to date with what's in my DS. Thanks. ;)

daroga

Yes, it is really that good.

I'm not one to like puzzle games. They're fun, but most of them can be done the same or better somewhere else for free, like the internet.

But this game is, as some would say, all that and a bag of chips.

I find that if you can't justify getting a DS for Kirby and Meteos, you sure as hell can justify a DS for Nintendogs, MArio, MArio Kart, and Animal Crossing.

Oh, and MArio and Luigi, Tony Hawk seems to be good, and Snowboard Kids.

=P

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I find that if you can't justify getting a DS for Kirby and Meteos, you sure as hell can justify a DS for Nintendogs, MArio, MArio Kart, and Animal Crossing.

Oh, and MArio and Luigi, Tony Hawk seems to be good, and Snowboard Kids.[/QUOTE]

very well said. i have to agree, the DS has lots of good games coming out (add castlevania, metroid prime hunters, etc etc etc to the list). not to sound like a DS fanboy, but for the PSP, i can't say that there really is such a list... seems to me that a lot of the stuff coming out for PSP is basically what is coming out on consoles in watered down form like midnight club 3 and nfsu2...

Agreed.

I find that many people are getting rid of their DS systems due to lack of good games...

Patience (Did I spell that right) is the key right now. Wait and you'll all see.

=]

shouldnt there be like 13? 2 for the straight trip... 8 for the multi trip... and 3 for the branch trip...

Well, I got my 8 endings! Now I need to just get a few more soul Meteos and a few others (need about 1000 total to get Meteo, I figured those will probably come in trying to get the soul ones. :) ).

Honestly, I've not had this much fun with a puzzle game since I bought my gameboy in 1990 and had only Tetris to play. Both are solid to the core.

daroga

Yeah, here's 13 endings. I think. I still only have 8. xD. I haven't been working on my endings much. Does anyone know if you get something for seeing all 13?

Daroga, and for anyone who needs it, Florias seems to be a perfect place for Soul. Before I fused Meteo and a few other things, I had 13 Soul Meteos, all from Florias. I would guess that would be your best bet.

dawndus and boggob are good for soul... i think... its been a while since i went hunting for rare meteos.

Got all 12 endings the other day. I'm only missing 2 planets, with 1 waiting for me to be unlocked. I still don't have Globin available to fuse though, hrm.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']evilmax, did you get anything for all 12 endings?[/QUOTE]
Not officially (no prompt or anything), but Lastar became available to fuse. I dunno if this was a coincidence or not though.

[quote name='evilmax17']Not officially (no prompt or anything), but Lastar became available to fuse. I dunno if this was a coincidence or not though.[/QUOTE]

Having Lastar become available was just a coincidence. I don't believe anything additional is unlocked at 12. It would probably tell you. How did you get the last ending? Was it completing the multitrip by completing all the missions? I have yet to do that and I only have 11 endings. Also, I only need to fuse Meteos to have all the planets unlocked.

[quote name='tinskat']Having Lastar become available was just a coincidence. I don't believe anything additional is unlocked at 12. It would probably tell you. How did you get the last ending? Was it completing the multitrip by completing all the missions? I have yet to do that and I only have 11 endings. Also, I only need to fuse Meteos to have all the planets unlocked.[/QUOTE]
I was only missing the top ending of the third Star Trip mode (True Meteo). I tried to get Meteo out of the way early on because of its ridiculously huge price tag. :razz:

As did I. I got 8 endings, and then went insane trying to fuse planet MEteo.

I did get it done. But now I have like 8 planets open and no Meteos. ;-;

hrm i had meteos available to me early on in my gameplay... actually the first day i had it... and i was thinking about whether to get it sooner than later... but i ended up just getting it as the last thing unlocked out of everything in the game. kind of made it like... more ceremonial for me.

I know this won't really help people trying to get Meteo unlocked, but I found today at work that it is a GREAT planet for rare metals. In one Simple game there I got one soul and THREE time. Sweet! :)

I love this game

daroga

there was a point in time when i got bored of this game... i had finally unlocked everything in the game... about 2 or 3 weeks ago... and i didnt really want to play anymore... then i read the 1up strat guide and saw what other people (1up) had to say about the diff planets... i got curious and picked it up again... and before that, i had only played simple game with no CPU. i added CPU characters and the game got completely renewed. the opposing player made the game almost like a brand new game. it was great.

so in between splinter cell chaos theory ds session, i play a couple rounds of meteos. the game will last me a good long time.

I'm looking very much forward to going back to school. The guy I'm rooming with just got a DS and Meteos. Homework is looking doubtful in the near future. ;)

Anyone played any wireless matches yet? How does it work out? Are computer opponents anywhere near the same thing as the real deal?

daroga

i havent been fortunate enough to play a multi card multiplayer session. ive played about 6 or 7 matches using single cart. it's not too bad. everyone has to use the same planet from the limited list of planets available for single cart.

what sucks though is that im the only one of the people who I played with that actually played the game for a decent amount of time... so everyone i played pretty much sucks even though i explained the game to them. ^^;;;;

Well I've been picking away at Meteos and I finally unlocked everything in the game. Feels good to have completed everything. Just in time for Nintendogs!

[quote name='moiety']Well I've been picking away at Meteos and I finally unlocked everything in the game. Feels good to have completed everything. Just in time for Nintendogs![/QUOTE]

Congrats! Kirby's been sucking my time as of late so I haven't totally gotten everything yet. All in due time I guess. :)

daroga

[quote name='daroga']Congrats! Kirby's been sucking my time as of late so I haven't totally gotten everything yet. All in due time I guess. :)
[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I've been playing Kirby a lot. I still can't seem to beat the last stage. -_-

I played Meteos for the first time in a while yesterday, and in a 10 minute session on Meteo I can usually nab ~2000 meteos. I got about 1400 last night. =p

I did get 3 Time, though! =D

Just got this game and I love it so far. I don't know how to play though... all seems like luck to me but my scores and time are increasing so I must be doing something right. I have to read the instructions because I don't know what the hell people in this thread are talking about with fusions and elements and crap. I also don't have any idea what the non-colored blocks do or how to make something rocket off the screen as opposed to just floating up a bit... OK, I have no idea what I'm doing...

[quote name='javeryh']Just got this game and I love it so far. I don't know how to play though... all seems like luck to me but my scores and time are increasing so I must be doing something right. I have to read the instructions because I don't know what the hell people in this thread are talking about with fusions and elements and crap. I also don't have any idea what the non-colored blocks do or how to make something rocket off the screen as opposed to just floating up a bit... OK, I have no idea what I'm doing...[/QUOTE]
:lol: Exactly... I played it a while ago, was like "What the fuck am I doing?" so put it aside for a bit. Brought it back out last night, read the manual, and was like "Ohhhhhh." So now I actually know how to clear stuff, but I have no idea how to do anything other than line shit up.

[quote name='botticus']:lol: Exactly... I played it a while ago, was like "What the fuck am I doing?" so put it aside for a bit. Brought it back out last night, read the manual, and was like "Ohhhhhh." So now I actually know how to clear stuff, but I have no idea how to do anything other than line shit up.[/QUOTE]

That's mostly all you need to know, but to make it through some of the more advanced parts of the game you'll have to use the more advanced techniques.

It's a great game because it's fun for people at all skill levels. Novices see all sorts of crazy stuff happening and feel they are accomplishing something, while pros really see the nuances required to advance far in the game. Add the planet, item, and music "collecting" aspect and you have a winner. I still much prefer it to Tetris DS, with the only glaring omission being WiFi multiplayer. The new Disney version will remedy that, however.

I read the manual and the game is still way too random for me. I gave it a chance after buying it at launch and even after watching videos of advanced techniques, etc., it still didn't do it for me.

I prefer Tetris because at least you have control over what the hell is going on. With Meteos, you can literally scratch the stylus all over the screen and clear a level without any kind of skill. Maybe the later planets require more skill, but it wasn't worth getting to that point for me.

[quote name='lebowsky']I read the manual and the game is still way too random for me. I gave it a chance after buying it at launch and even after watching videos of advanced techniques, etc., it still didn't do it for me.

I prefer Tetris because at least you have control over what the hell is going on. With Meteos, you can literally scratch the stylus all over the screen and clear a level without any kind of skill. Maybe the later planets require more skill, but it wasn't worth getting to that point for me.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying, "I can get my way by shooting people!" While it may be true initially, it won't be for long. You can "clear a level" by scratching, especially the less complicated ones. But you won't launch a whole screen of Meteos, clear a quota of specific types, or accomplish any of the other tasks required in the more advanced sections of the game. Nor will it help you unlock things. Hell, even in Tetris, random placement of the blocks will net you a few cleared lines, which is enough to clear early levels.

I guess I would have liked Tetris more if there had been more to unlock. There wasn't much at all (12 or 13 music tracks from the game...whoopee). The online play is the main attraction for me. The solo play is pretty much a washout. A couple of the new modes are fun, while a couple stink. As for the original game itself, I'm sorry, but a high score is not enough to motivate me to play for hours on end anymore.

I'm looking for this game on the cheap. If you're bored with it, PM me for Paypal goodness.

[quote name='Kyz']I'm looking for this game on the cheap. If you're bored with it, PM me for Paypal goodness.[/quote]

try circuit city for 8.96

[quote name='DJSteel']try circuit city for 8.96[/quote]

Already did...negative ghost rider, the pattern was full.

Is there a set thing you have to do to move onto the next planet on Star Trip mode? Whenever I'm playing it just seems like I clear as much as I can and after a bit it will say 'VICTORY!' and I'm off to the next planet. Sometimes it happens fast sometimes it takes a bit longer. Is it a score you have to reach or what?

I did RTFM, but I don't think this was addressed, or if it is I missed it.

Just a note: if you want a game that truely shows your skill, do multiplayer.... sadly I have yet to find anyone up to my par, though don't take this as bragging... it's just true that I don't know anyonw as good as me here in miami and I've already played at least 13 people with this game.

[quote name='wubb']Is there a set thing you have to do to move onto the next planet on Star Trip mode? Whenever I'm playing it just seems like I clear as much as I can and after a bit it will say 'VICTORY!' and I'm off to the next planet. Sometimes it happens fast sometimes it takes a bit longer. Is it a score you have to reach or what?

I did RTFM, but I don't think this was addressed, or if it is I missed it.[/quote]It's not, and I've been wondering the same thing for a week or two now. I think it has something to do with the amount of meteos you send to the other planet. You can see the other planet's layout on the upper-left corner of the lower screen, and you can see the planet itself on the top screen. That'd be my guess, but I don't know how correct I am.

This is definitely one of those 'where have you been all my life?' games. I've wanted to get it for a long time, but now I can see it would have been well worth the full price for it. It's so damn addicting...

[quote name='modium']It's not, and I've been wondering the same thing for a week or two now. I think it has something to do with the amount of meteos you send to the other planet. You can see the other planet's layout on the upper-left corner of the lower screen, and you can see the planet itself on the top screen. That'd be my guess, but I don't know how correct I am.

This is definitely one of those 'where have you been all my life?' games. I've wanted to get it for a long time, but now I can see it would have been well worth the full price for it. It's so damn addicting...[/QUOTE]

Hey... it's a Q? Entertainment game... dosn't that say enough?

oh, and in multiplayer, it is a absolute must to keep your eyes on the progress of other players... doing so will net you some quick kills when swithing to the apporprite planet to attack. Don't forget to use the L or R trigger as I find them the most usefull button in the game... it guarantees a better paced game and more strategic victorys.

bread's done
Back