Metroid Prime Trilogy - Out of Print (Thanks, Nintendo!)

I'm posting only because I feel the need to point out that I have never seen you post anything positive. Ever.

Oh, and... so, let's understand this. You're angry at Nintendo for, essentially, doing the same thing you are. Selling old games for profit? How dare they! I mean, have you seriously listened to yourself here? Both you and Nintendo want to make money off of the same games, but you have more of a right to do it than they do?

no game is a bad game if you can buy it for $3 and sell it for $9 and you push out 36,000 of them a year like hitgaming.... he's one of my suppliers, btw and a great seller.

and of course to be in the business of selling software I do spend lots of time playing lots of games since I also sell tons of used games, I get to play them first. I don't beat most of the games but I play enough and keep up with trends to see what's in demand and what isn't. I'm not going to try to push out tons of viewtiful joe's, ssx tricky's, or metroid primes.

Even a crappy game like Metal Arms for the cube sells for $10-12 and I can buy an almost unlimited Mint supply for $4. Same with Terminator Redemption and Budokai 2 and Star Fox Adventures, Baten Kaitos, etc.

I have a list here with over 400 gamecube/wii games I can buy at anytime, in bulk, for resale at great prices but I do lots of research to see what will sell best or what is in demand currently.

The only untapped market for me would be the DS but I am trying to get into selling games for that platform as well.

You know what? You can take all that shit and shove it, because it has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

On the one hand you despise Nintendo for....well really you have no reason at all, other than your own narrow minded ideals.

On the other hand, you greedily horde games to sell to other people, a huge portion on systems from a company you readily hate.

On yet another hand, you're complaining about long-term investment potential when you clearly are in it for the short haul. In which case the answer - and the end of my entire argument - could be "you snooze you lose."

And on another hand, you're sitting around on Cheapassgamer talking about a subject that has been debated here numerous times. But you're new around here so of COURSE you haven't read them. All the points I've made have been said several times before me, will be said several times after, and carry far more weight and agreement than your little self-sympathy pissparty you're throwing yourself.

I mean it takes a special kind of person to get mad at a corporation for making money on a scale that far exceeds the average Joe, even though they are largely doing the same thing as the average Joe. Except you're not manufacturing games, you didn't program them, you didn't do shit. Instead you're being dragged by their coattails, and your entire "business" wouldn't even exist if it weren't for all those people toiling away to make great games. Biting the hand that feeds comes to mind, and also further extends this hand analogy I'm using. But keep telling yourself I'm the only person who is saying it, since that makes for better odds in your fantasy world you're concocting.

As I've already pointed out, reprints on a new system hardly devalue the originals. Breath of Fire IV, Persona 2, and Rhapsody all got reprinted from the PSOne, and their value never took a hit. Disgaea had a short spurt but that was due to a low print run, which is one of the three reasons I highlighted earlier.

Twilight Princess is about the worst example you could give. It didn't sell on the GC because the GC had been a dead system for a year by the time it came out. Meanwhile it was promoted on an entirely new system. It was SURE to get higher sales on the Wii no matter what. Plus this doesn't have a thing to do with this discussion at all so I'm not even sure why I'm refuting it.

I didn't whip out the "your mom" card yet, but I could have. You're the one throwing out useless insults and other useless retorts, which is what you've done in EVERY thread I've ever seen you post in. Which means I hope some mod bring down the banhammer bitchslap sooner rather than later, because you bring nothing interesting to the table and instead prance around making no sense and even less argument.

Why not head on over to Fatwallet or Slickdeals. I'm sure the smelly people there would be more than welcoming to your little whinefest.

[quote name='Strell']You know what? You can take all that shit and shove it, because it has nothing to do with the argument at hand.

On the one hand you despise Nintendo for....well really you have no reason at all, other than your own narrow minded ideals.

On the other hand, you greedily horde games to sell to other people, a huge portion on systems from a company you readily hate.

On yet another hand, you're complaining about long-term investment potential when you clearly are in it for the short haul. In which case the answer - and the end of my entire argument - could be "you snooze you lose."

And on another hand, you're sitting around on Cheapassgamer talking about a subject that has been debated here numerous times. But you're new around here so of COURSE you haven't read them. All the points I've made have been said several times before me, will be said several times after, and carry far more weight and agreement than your little self-sympathy pissparty you're throwing yourself.

I mean it takes a special kind of person to get mad at a corporation for making money on a scale that far exceeds the average Joe, even though they are largely doing the same thing as the average Joe. Except you're not manufacturing games, you didn't program them, you didn't do shit. Instead you're being dragged by their coattails, and your entire "business" wouldn't even exist if it weren't for all those people toiling away to make great games. Biting the hand that feeds comes to mind, and also further extends this hand analogy I'm using. But keep telling yourself I'm the only person who is saying it, since that makes for better odds in your fantasy world you're concocting.

As I've already pointed out, reprints on a new system hardly devalue the originals. Breath of Fire IV, Persona 2, and Rhapsody all got reprinted from the PSOne, and their value never took a hit. Disgaea had a short spurt but that was due to a low print run, which is one of the three reasons I highlighted earlier.

Twilight Princess is about the worst example you could give. It didn't sell on the GC because the GC had been a dead system for a year by the time it came out. Meanwhile it was promoted on an entirely new system. It was SURE to get higher sales on the Wii no matter what. Plus this doesn't have a thing to do with this discussion at all so I'm not even sure why I'm refuting it.

I didn't whip out the "your mom" card yet, but I could have. You're the one throwing out useless insults and other useless retorts, which is what you've done in EVERY thread I've ever seen you post in. Which means I hope some mod bring down the banhammer bitchslap sooner rather than later, because you bring nothing interesting to the table and instead prance around making no sense and even less argument.

Why not head on over to Fatwallet or Slickdeals. I'm sure the smelly people there would be more than welcoming to your little whinefest.[/quote]

yawn. All I hear is a 15 year old emo kid being jealous I 'hoard' games for resale because I make good $$$.

yeah I'm SO much worse than walmart or gamestop. They sure had TONS to do with the production of games. :rofl:

I'm sure tons of malarkey was discussed before I joined and apparently all you know how to do is copy and paste other peoples arguments fused with the same generic transitional insults of how little sense I make in my arguments, blah blah.

My personal issues with nintendo aside, wherever the best deals are for gaming, that's where I'll be whether it's dreamcast, gamecube, wii, ps2, 360 or ps3, whatever.

The only thing ruining the gaming industry is when cheap kids trade games with their friends and pirate games instead of buying the games and supporting developers as they should.

btw, It's called capitalism, look it up!

[quote name='Casiotech']
btw, It's called capitalism, look it up![/QUOTE]

Hey, that'll be a fun sound byte to remember the next time Nintendo mucks up your plans to make a few hundred dollars because they reprinted a game you were planning on selling.

It's called capitalism, look it up!

C'mon everybody, say it with me now!

I completely understand nintendo's plot to make money rehashing and reselling you a shit house with new windows.

I don't understand how people will waste money on it and lack the intelligence to say 'hey screw this..fool me once shame on you... fool me twice...', just as they have bought LoZ:OoT for the 64, gamecube, VC, probably will for the DS and not complain they are getting OLD games for NEW platforms instead of NEW games for NEW platforms.

but hey way to go nintendo, they will do what they have to do, from a business perspective, profit is all that matters... but as a gamer too, I don't have to like it.

I hope they re-print Cubivore.

Wii controls could do wonders for that piece of crap. I wonder if Casiotechmeister has a fuckload of Cubivores collecting dust...?

[quote name='Casiotech']
yeah I'm SO much worse than walmart or gamestop. They sure had TONS to do with the production of games. :rofl:

The only thing ruining the gaming industry is when cheap kids trade games with their friends and pirate games instead of buying the games and supporting developers as they should.
[/quote]
There are some games that are Walmart or GameStop exclusive. I'm not sure, but I think a few reprints were GS exclusive too. Also, do you think that if Walmart and GameStop wasn't there bringing in the trashiest of trash, that Madden would sell as well? Publishers know that Walmart will buy ____ amount of copies, and if it's an established brand for the masses like Madden or Halo then they know they can count on quite a few sales.

How are you any different from kids buying games and then selling them when you do the same thing, buying games (although sometimes through a third party) and selling so someone else instead of buying the games and supporting developers as you should. If you didn't buy the game that's one more copy somewhere else. And unless you're buying new, you give just as much money to publishers as pirates.

Game bought->______(played, kept sealed, whatever)->resold

That resale gives no additional money to the publisher. Now let's look at a pirate.

Game bought->opened->backed up->released on the Internet->resold

Still only one game bought for the publisher.

Everybody is wasting their time even replying to CasioTech. He is just a stuck up troll who just needs a little attention.

EDIt: ha, one minute apart.

Stinky, evanft is being a bitch for being a bitch sake, which he is prone to do. He not talkin 'bout dat Casioz.

But he knows I think he is harder than diamonds with hardons so I let it slide.

[quote name='VioletArrows']What were we talking about again?[/quote]

How I would love for them to wii-make Zelda Four Swords Adventure with DS wifi compatibility...and how that would be teh SECKS!:cool:

[quote name='Strell']Stinky, evanft is being a bitch for being a bitch sake, which he is prone to do. He not talkin 'bout dat Casioz.

But he knows I think he is harder than diamonds with hardons so I let it slide.[/quote]

Oh, I am indeed talkin' about dat Casioz my friend.

[quote name='Knoxximus']How I would love for them to wii-make Zelda Four Swords Adventure with DS wifi compatibility...and how that would be teh SECKS!:cool:[/quote]

Actually I've never played that one, even though I like LoZ. It sounds really suited for online multiplayer, though.

[quote name='VioletArrows']Actually I've never played that one, even though I like LoZ. It sounds really suited for online multiplayer, though.[/quote]

FSA is one of those games (like FF:CC) that is best played with others. Online with team-chat would rock.

[quote name='Knoxximus']How I would love for them to wii-make Zelda Four Swords Adventure with DS wifi compatibility...and how that would be teh SECKS!:cool:[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this, because I shouldn't have to pay more than $10 for re-makes of GC games I already have, but Four Swords with DS connectivity is a game I'd have to re-buy - price no object.

[quote name='bmulligan']I hate to say this, because I shouldn't have to pay more than $10 for re-makes of GC games I already have, but Four Swords with DS connectivity is a game I'd have to re-buy - price no object.[/QUOTE]

They could add some Phantom Hourglass styled dungeons too. I'd be down with that.

How is Chac silenced and Casiotech who has trolled many times not?

This is going to be neat for those who want motion control and a new experience with Metroid Prime.

[quote name='Casiotech']all this will do is kill the value of nice rare gamecube games for collectors such as myself (pikmin2/MGS:TS) and what the hell seriously?[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Pikmin 2 is selling for $25-30 used on Ebay. It is far from rare, as there are dozens of listings. Someone earlier in the thread complained they couldn't afford to buy a copy these days. These remakes would probably be $20. How is $10 more for a used copy shipped unaffordable or high value?

[quote name='Zing']How is $10 more for a used copy shipped unaffordable or high value?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo should sell them on eBay, and proudly proclaim they have come from a smoke-free household.

[quote name='pete5883']I think Chac was talkin' bad about a mod elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

A little research seems to point to LinkinPrime doing it.

That's like getting told off by the manager at McDonald's. You can't help but stare at the giant zits the idiot has while he's fumbling his way through trying to you to leave.

[quote name='pete5883']I think Chac was talkin' bad about a mod elsewhere.[/quote]

Yeah, but it just shows they aren't doing their job well.

I am going to rent this when it comes out. That and I heard Factor-5 are going to remake the Rogue Squadron games for Wiimakes. That sounds awesome. I am interested in playing those.

Factor 5 should be working on a new Kid Icarus game, not remaking RS games which are like $5.99 at GS.

Pikmin 2 Mint goes for around $35-$40 shipped. I have new ones which I can sell for $60 easy. If you see low prices now, it's because of things like parents spending extra dough for Halloween this month or being glued to CNN, so they can't be bothered bidding on games or going outside the budget. Games are generally cheaper in October than in November and far less than in December.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1223966620&sr=8-4

and there is no way in hell a wiimake will cost less than $30. Much like Re4, especially a highly acclaimed Nintendo game like Pikmin/Mario Tennis. I'll bet Mario Tennis will be $49.99

If anyone wants to buy games, now is the time, or else you will have to wait until next March or April for prices to be this low again - the time it takes for holiday gifts to be played out and resold again, saturating the market with millions of additional used games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Casiotech']If anyone wants to buy games, now is the time, or else you will have to wait until next March or April for prices to be this low again - the time it takes for holiday gifts to be played out and resold again, saturating the market with millions of additional used games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Here I was going to wait for upgraded versions for cheaper with the money going to the publisher. That was close.

[quote name='theflicker']Thanks for the tip. Here I was going to wait for upgraded versions for cheaper with the money going to the publisher. That was close.[/quote]

It's called capitalism, look it up!

Not going to bother with a Wiimake pf Pikmin 1+2 unless a SIGNIFICANT amount of stuff is added

Already beat Pikmin 100% and about 80% through Pikmin 2.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Looks like Pikmin 1 & 2 have had their ratings updated by the ESRB:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/14/play-on-wii-pikmin-ports-possibly-us-bound/[/QUOTE]
I like the argument in the comments about the proper plural form of "pikmin." As if anybody gives a shit.

Some of the fanboy wishin & hopin has me excited enough for a Play on Wii version of Luigi's Mansion that I'm starting to take it for granted. I realize it will never be.

I'd love to see Nintendo build up a small team whose only function is to update and transfer good GC titles to the Wii. It'd catch a lot of hell from the "core" crowd who (rightfully, at times) bitches for original content on the Wii, but at the same time it would allow for a nice playthrough of the GC years, with better controls and graphics and maybe improved content. I'd be all for it provided the MSRP is reasonable.

[quote name='Knoxximus']How I would love for them to wii-make Zelda Four Swords Adventure with DS wifi compatibility...and how that would be teh SECKS!:cool:[/QUOTE]

Fantastic idea. I'd buy that.

Wow. I wasn't planning on buying Donkey Kong Jungle Beat again but as long as we get a reasonable price (say $30 or less) I will buy it again for the new levels and controls.

If they indeed add some shit to each these games (minus the 'waggle', of course) then these types of games should be very much worth it. ESPECIALLY if they are $30ish.

I'd imagine maaaaybe, just maaaaaaaybe they could give Metroid Prime 2 online multiplayer? Probably NOT, LOL but still

http://wii.ign.com/articles/937/937178p1.html

New features for Pikmin and Mario Tennis wii-makes have been announced. Nothing as major as JB's new levels though:

Pikmin - Some sort of Daily saving feature - "For Pikmin, the new feature mentioned in Famitsu concerns saving. When you save, the game stores day-by-day records of your play. You're free to restart play from the day of your choice."

Mario Tennis - Full motion support ala Wii Sports - "You can now swing the Wiimote like a tennis racket to control your swings, performing forehands, backhands, tosses and smashes by swinging the Wiimote as you would a normal racket. For spin shots, you simply change the angle of the Wiimote when swinging. To perform special shots, you press buttons during the swing. Mario Power Tennis will support play both through the Wiimote on its own and through a Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, the latter presumably allowing you to control your characters on the court."

So our worst fears are confirmed. No GC controller support== no buy unless there's some amazing new feature yet to be announced.

[quote name='Doomed']So our worst fears are confirmed. No GC controller support== no buy unless there's some amazing new feature yet to be announced.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't specifically say there is not Gamecube support. It merely points out two control variations.

Granted, generally omission from suggestion = non-existence, so I can see how that conclusion can be reached.

Otherwise, TC is as right as a seige tank tumblin' down the way, ready to deliver a payload of justice.

[quote name='The Crotch']Um. If you wanted GC controller support, wouldn't you just buy the GC version? Do people want 480p/16:9 Pikmin that badly?[/quote]
I'm a video quality asshole. Not completely like you see on some of the various A/V forums, but still. I have a Blu-Ray player and an HDTV, and dammit black bars suck. Also Pikmin, Pikmin 2, (which I have both of :bouncy:), and Mario Power Tennis all are ridiculous on eBay. Pikmin 2 has 480p, but no widescreen. And it still looks much better than some Wii games. :roll:

I've been through this before. If not here, in other threads. Nintendo is the only company I know that takes out functionality from their games that should be left in. (see: no GC banners on Wii, no bongo support[read:not requirement, support] for DK Bongo Blast and probably DK Jungle Beat, no GC controller support in Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario, which were both GC games until the last fuckin' minute)

Needless to say I'm pissed off at Nintendo for a while now. The difference between me and all the other internet tough guys complaining about Nintendo is I don't have a seventh gen console to fall back on. My DS has been broken for 2 years, 360 is expensive when you don't have a job, and PS3 is a no-go, despite it being the obvious blu-ray player of choice. PSP is definitely not gonna happen for now because I'd be emulating more than playing PSP.

bread's done
Back