Metroid Prime Trilogy - Out of Print (Thanks, Nintendo!)

[quote name='maigoyume']I would KILL for that box set.[/quote]

[quote name='PR Mega X']Second.[/quote]

Alot of people would die if that boxset ever came out. but they would have to price it at like $90 or $100 to make it worth it.

Since I haven't played any Metroid, I'd definately hold out for that.

Ya know, if they DID make that Trilogy and charged like..$100 (max) for it.. I think it would be ok considering they NEVER make these type of things.

I'm sure the complaints would be "OMG $100 FOR Wii GAYMEZ?!"..but yet, no one has problems when a $70/$75 special edition 360/PS3 game comes out..and it's only one game.

It'd be nice to have some kind of collector's edition. They did this..what..one time with The Legend of Zelda and it was a pack in with the Gamecubes..right? :whistle2:s

I guess Mario All Star + World could count for something.. ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Ya know, if they DID make that Trilogy and charged like..$100 (max) for it.. I think it would be ok considering they NEVER make these type of things.

I'm sure the complaints would be "OMG $100 FOR Wii GAYMEZ?!"..but yet, no one has problems when a $70/$75 special edition 360/PS3 game comes out..and it's only one game.

It'd be nice to have some kind of collector's edition. They did this..what..one time with The Legend of Zelda and it was a pack in with the Gamecubes..right? :whistle2:s

I guess Mario All Star + World could count for something.. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, I figured that Nintendo would totally mark up the price on it, but they won't even do it!... it'll be really lucky if they bundled 1 and 2 together.

:cry:

well if Nintendo would only put in a suggestion box that doesn't automatically go to the fire.... :hot:

[quote name='Doomed']
19073_metroid_prime_trilogy-v2-orig.png

:drool:
Fake.[/quote]

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I'd pay $100 for it, definitely. As long as the original 2 had 16:9 and Waggle support, and would it kill them to make Metroid Prime 2 easier?

Here's a theoretical question. I know some people are kinda ":wall" about the concept of playing these "updated ports" of Gamecube games that can ALREADY be played on the Wii..

However,
what if they did this for N64 games? :whistle2:k

Like.. Updating Mario 64 to SMG graphics & control. Making OoT with TP graphics & control.
Etc?

[quote name='lilboo']Here's a theoretical question. I know some people are kinda ":wall" about the concept of playing these "updated ports" of Gamecube games that can ALREADY be played on the Wii..

However,

Like.. Updating Mario 64 to SMG graphics & control. Making OoT with TP graphics & control.
Etc?[/quote]

not worth the development time.

Like what is known only unknown to the "hardcore"....

graphics don't make a game, the gameplay does...

I say it wouldn't be a completely bad move but it would be like re-creating a game, all for prettier shinier things... not worth it.

I'd rather have a completely new story/sequel than to invest in that.

As for bringing Wii type controls to the GC games... they aren't improving graphics are they? just controls? right?

If they are upping the graphics besides 16:9... then I might see this as happening.

honestly that should have been a Collector's price set, that an updated SM64 gets new graphics but same game.

[quote name='lilboo']Here's a theoretical question. I know some people are kinda ":wall" about the concept of playing these "updated ports" of Gamecube games that can ALREADY be played on the Wii..

However,

Etc?[/quote]
I agree with xycury - too much development work for too little turnaround. Consumers actually bought N64 games too, so you remove a subset of potential purchases because those people have played the games (and for a lot of N64 games probably remember how terrible they were). With the Gamecube, no one bought it and so many of these games will appear to be brand new to most consumers.

I know you feel like this is kind of a wasted opportunity. It is - for a gamer like you. But for the bulk of Wii-owners these games are essentially brand new and most of them are tied to things they are already familiar with thanks to the Wii. These Wii-owners probably have never put a GameCube game in their Wii. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I have a closet full of GC games that I have never played because I find the controller to be completely cumbersome and unmanageable. It's the anithesis of the Wii controller/concept, and for the "non-gamers" who make up most of the Wii userbase it would do little more than remind them why they never played video games before. The way Nintendo is doing this impresses me - as long as the marketing is done correctly they stand to make even more money.

Does anyone know how these have been selling in Japan? I don't think that will be a great predictor of US sales since Japan is much more game-friendly, but I'm curious.

http://www.vgboxart.com/viewfullbox.php?boxid=19073&boxloc=%2Fboxes%2FWii%2F19073_metroid_prime_trilogy-orig.png

It's 72dpi, (much lower resolution than The Cover Project's 300dpi covers) not formatted properly, and there's a ~3px border. :cry: If I were to clean this up a bit, (keep in mind once it's at 72dpi I probably can't make it higher res without recreating the entire thing or loosing clarity/increasing noise) how many would actually want to house the MP trilogy in there?

However,

Etc?[/quote]
Some very nice people have already sort of done this on PC. SM64 is done, OoT isn't AFAIK. I'd link directly but most places that have this have info how to do it, AKA insta-ban. No 16:9 upgrades AFAIK.
bomb1.png

OoT:
oot.jpg

I see very big money for me if I recreate that cover and buy Nintendo's rereleases and a 3 DVD case. :lol:

[quote name='Doomed']http://www.vgboxart.com/viewfullbox.php?boxid=19073&boxloc=%2Fboxes%2FWii%2F19073_metroid_prime_trilogy-orig.png

It's 72dpi, (much lower resolution than The Cover Project's 300dpi covers) not formatted properly, and there's a ~3px border. :cry: If I were to clean this up a bit, (keep in mind once it's at 72dpi I probably can't make it higher res without recreating the entire thing or loosing clarity/increasing noise) how many would actually want to house the MP trilogy in there?

I see very big money for me if I recreate that cover and buy Nintendo's rereleases and a 3 DVD case. :lol:[/quote]

I would.... maybe... You'd have to get a white case and a good printer and I would buy it :applause:

Really it would be funny to repackage one, you could easily sell it with the games for well more than what it costs and say that Nintendo released only a "few".... as a collector series.

ha.

[quote name='Doomed']Not terrible... still pretty bad. I wonder if wasa-bi will ever post the final cover.
19073_metroid_prime_trilogy-orig_ve.png
[/quote]

That gorgeous cover just makes me sad that, we the fans who appreciate games beyond the glitz and glamor, have such a small share of the market now.

[quote name='QiG']That gorgeous cover just makes me sad that, we the fans who appreciate games beyond the glitz and glamor, have such a small share of the market now.[/QUOTE]

No, we still are the majority. Nintendo realizes we will buy anything, so they don't aim it at us; they just target others.

:(

Sweet jesus I just read the user comment at that link.

"i played pikmin when i was just 8 on the game cube and it was a great! the time leaght was preatty long [depends on much you play everyday] but there were also some sad parts."

First of all, how does the amount of time you spend each day playing affect the length of the game? So if you spend 8 hours a day for 3 days the game is shorter than if you spend 4 hours a day for 6 days?

I also don't recall any sad parts. Although, to an 8 year old, watching a pikmin get eaten by one of the big bugs as your spaceship launches may be sad.

[quote name='Zing']
I also don't recall any sad parts. Although, to an 8 year old, watching a pikmin get eaten by one of the big bugs as your spaceship launches may be sad.[/quote]
That eight year old was a pussy. The only sad part of Pikmin is if you were so fucking stupid you got the bad ending, because that means all of your work was a waste. Pikmin 2 could be kinda scary though with all of the shit that pops out of the ground and falls from the sky. That and the
Titan Dweebil

[quote name='Zing']Sweet jesus I just read the user comment at that link.

"i played pikmin when i was just 8 on the game cube and it was a great! the time leaght was preatty long [depends on much you play everyday] but there were also some sad parts."

First of all, how does the amount of time you spend each day playing affect the length of the game? So if you spend 8 hours a day for 3 days the game is shorter than if you spend 4 hours a day for 6 days?

I also don't recall any sad parts. Although, to an 8 year old, watching a pikmin get eaten by one of the big bugs as your spaceship launches may be sad.[/quote]

The game is divided up into days, ya know? I imagine the kid was referring to the in-game days.

[quote name='foltzie']His last blog post was certainly colorful.[/quote]
What the difference from silenced and temporary banned? I never been silenced before. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hero101']What the difference from silenced and temporary banned? I never been silenced before. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I know you can't post when silenced, but you can still log in.

I imagine with tempbans you can't log in.

[quote name='Persona7']I would go for both Primes and Chibi Robo. That prime box set would be so awesome. :(

The perfect price for these would be $19.99.[/quote]

Chibi Robo was excellent, but I just really don't see how waggle can improve the game. It was such a busy little platformer, I just wouldn't want to take the time to waggle about for a bit to accomplish a simple objective.

Pikmin I can see benefiting from the Wii a little, but really, does pointer over analog stick add that great a difference? I guess it doesn't really matter...didn't someone say the games would come with both Wii and standard controller options? I hope so.

I think the $29.99 price is fair. $19.99 just seems too much like giving the game away. And while, indeed, these "new" games are not new games, odds are for a large percentage of Wii-adopters, it'll be their first time playing some of the released titles, especially Chibi-Robo and Pikmin, which are not generally popular fare, such as Mario and Zelda.

[quote name='Strell']I know you can't post when silenced, but you can still log in.

I imagine with tempbans you can't log in.[/QUOTE]

Intriguing... Still curious as to what would have earned this particular time-out... Nothing stands out...

Man that box art is ugly. It's like the 360 platinum hits.

[quote name='bmulligan']I'm waiting for the Rogue Squardon/Rebel Strike re-deux. I might actually buy this after I finish my shit sandwich.[/quote]

They'll have to fix the Rebel Strike SP campaign first.

Rogue Squadron/Rebel Strike? That sounds... I dunno, less-important. Not that I probably wouldn't bite, but they already did make a release with the two together. They called it Rebel Strike.

I'd still go for it again if they made Rebel Strike's better parts co-op.

[quote name='bmulligan']I'm waiting for the Rogue Squardon/Rebel Strike re-deux. I might actually buy this after I finish my shit sandwich.[/quote]
There's a rumor from EGM that all 3 Rogue Squadrons are being remade for the Wii.

[quote name='foltzie']Silenced? What did liboo do?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, what the hell? Lilboo wouldn't say anything crazy to get himself silenced.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I'm not allowed to discuss. Talking about your infractions is actually infractable :rofl:.. (well, to one mod)

Nice to be back :wave: :cool:

I think Pikmin is actually my next Wii purchase. :whistle2:? I don't know how I feel about that.

[quote name='pete5883']Wouldn't that require Factor 5 to still be in business?[/quote]
The rumor says they licensed out the series to a different publisher (maybe they mean developer? Lucas Arts doesn't have any internal developers anymore).

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: I'm not allowed to discuss. Talking about your infractions is actually infractable :rofl:.. (well, to one mod)[/QUOTE]

So can anyone else talk about it?

It's anyone's guess, but he was silenced shortly after writing a really gross blag post. But if it was that, then why is the post still there? :whistle2:k

It wasn't the blog, and ITS NOT GROSS! :nottalking:

It was about a mod deleting a post I made, then bringing it back later to infract :)

[quote name='lilboo']It wasn't the blog, and ITS NOT GROSS! :nottalking:

It was about a mod deleting a post I made, then bringing it back later to infract :)[/quote]

So you're discussing it now? Isn't that infractionable? :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']!!!!!
021.gif

I am so excited to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption controls.[/quote]

You have no idea how excited I am. I'm ready to import a Japanese Wii and games for the right if they don't bring them out here.

[quote name='lilboo']
It was about a mod deleting a post I made, then bringing it back later to infract [/QUOTE]

Wow. Talk about abuse of power.

[quote name='Strell']Wow. Talk about abuse of power.[/QUOTE]

I agree, removing bongos support from Jungle Beat is an abuse of power.

[quote name='lilboo']!!!!!
021.gif

I am so excited to play Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption controls.[/quote]
I can't tell you how excited I am for this. I am incapable of playing FPS with non-Wii controls.

And to stick with the double theme of "Wii-rereleases/lilboo infractions", if you can't talk about an infraction, how can others learn from your mistakes? Or even know what the rules are?

bread's done
Back