Metroid Trilogy $20 at BB.com is live

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metroid+Prime+Trilogy+-+Nintendo+Wii/9424205.p?skuId=9424205&productCategoryId=pcmcat147400050000&id=1218102963486&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FMetroid%2BPrime%2BTrilogy%2B-%2BNintendo%2BWii%2F9424205.p%3FskuId%3D9424205%26productCategoryId%3Dpcmcat147400050000%26id%3D1218102963486&ref=39&loc=01

*sigh*

I wasted the last of my GS credit on this when it launched and have yet to touch anything beyond MP1. Damn impulse buys.

MP1 is good, BTW.

BTW, I didn't post the deal databuild did. I have no idea why it put my name on the top, I was actually the first reply to his thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I ordered this from Amazon when it was announced. But I moved and tried to get the address changed and couldn't. Then I tried contacting the new residents of my old apartment to have them forward the package and they didn't. So I am in on this.

In for 1! Thanks OP!

Nintendo, now it's time to make the PIKMIN collection (or I'll just take Pikmin 2, thanks).

Bought one for in-store pickup. I've always loved the Prime series and the sense of exploration they give you, and this is a great price.

Now I just have to wait for the foot and a half of snow outside to melt, so Best Buy can re-open and I can actually get to my car!

I too ordered one for in-store pickup using Bing. Looks like I'll return the one I purchased from Target for $29 a few weeks back.

Does anybody know if this is a universal drop or if BB is the only store doing this? Also, if this is discontinued, won't the value of the game go up? Thx!

Heck yeah.. the price ive been waiting on to finally buy. I was up late last night and I did the buy it online and picked it up. yay. Cant wait to replay 1 & 2 w/ wii-mote capabilities..

Backordered, but at least I was able to order online. I went to two best buys and it was completely sold out.

Just got back from picking mine up. :)

I'm glad I saw this thread last night since I was able to order it then. By the time I woke up this morning, it was already showing unavailable at my local Best Buy.

Wow thank God for my inherent cheapness. Was just at BB yesterday and almost picked this up at full price. Even had the thing in my hand. I'll def bite on this. Oh, and I saw Pikmin Wii for $15 there as well and that seemed like a pretty good deal.

[quote name='ryushe']I really need to stop coming here. I always lose money when I do :/[/QUOTE]

lose or save:D

OOS at my local store. I thought about ordering one last night, but I decided to wait... :(

I'll probably try to PM this at Wal-Mart or something, even though I already own all three of the games in standalone form!

Picked up two copies, one to play and the other to keep sealed. Love the metal case but oddly, the instruction booklet had a slight tear in it from the factory?

Picked up three. Never had a gamecube and I just got the wii last week at bb with Wario. Also got okami but not that interesting.

[quote name='Miranda']Just got back from picking mine up. :)

I'm glad I saw this thread last night since I was able to order it then. By the time I woke up this morning, it was already showing unavailable at my local Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

The same is true for me. I woke up this morning and the closest Best Buy to me was sold out. Glad I was able to grab this at such a great price.

Thanks for the heads up OP! :applause:

The game is still available at all of the Best Buys around me. Lots of copies too. I guess everyone around here either already has it or don't care.lol

[quote name='evildeadjedi']This is oos at just about every store in my area going to have to try price matching.[/QUOTE]

If you can't find it, try to order for store pickup. Try to get it everyday of the week. If they don't have it by friday, search to see which stores say that they have it in stock, even if they don't. They give you 8 days from the day it was ordered to pick it. They also say that they will refund you the difference if it's on sale when you go pick it up.

I've never done it before but I'll start doing this when there are good deals like this one.

[quote name='youenvy']lose or save:D[/QUOTE]

lol ... CAG = Complete Access Gamer

You may pay but you get more games ;-)

[quote name='yruluis']If you can't find it, try to order for store pickup. Try to get it everyday of the week. If they don't have it by friday, search to see which stores say that they have it in stock, even if they don't. They give you 8 days from the day it was ordered to pick it. They also say that they will refund you the difference if it's on sale when you go pick it up.

I've never done it before but I'll start doing this when there are good deals like this one.[/QUOTE]

Cool I have done store pickup but didn't know I had that many days to pickup. Thanks for the info! :)

This is perfect for a buy and flip on Amazon.com. That or you can keep it in its plastic until demand goes up on it.

[quote name='mi.glenn']This is perfect for a buy and flip on Amazon.com. That or you can keep it in its plastic until demand goes up on it.[/QUOTE]

The TIV at Amazon is only $23.50 and it'll cost you probably just under $22.00 to buy this (including tax for most people). Hardly worth a flip to Amazon at the moment.

If Nintendo is discontinuing the steel book, then maybe the value will go up in the future, but I feel like the TIV won't because they're not going to give you a much higher TIV even if they'll turn around and sell it for triple what they gave you for it. Or you can hold it for outrageous re-sell prices like all of those $70 GameCube games on Amazon. But that's awfully speculative and you basically have to find someone with a lot of cash to burn who wants to pay ridiculous prices for a sealed game.

If anything you could flip it on Goozex. Current TIV for it is 950 points. At $5 for 100 points (if you bought your points), that's $47.50, or just over a $25 profit. Though shipping the game could be expensive if you're not careful to keep the package weight under 13 oz. to qualify for First Class mailing rates. And use an *.edu email address to get free Tokens to trade with instead of having to pay $1 a trade. - But again, this is all dependent on you liking the whole Goozex system.

I went ahead and bought one at in store pick up. The one I bought for 30 from target is on ebay and is about to sell at 40. $20 profit baby.

[quote name='buster90']All stores in the area are sold out. Looks like I will price match at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I completely forgot about the price matching. I went and ordered for store pick up. The ONE store in the area that still had it that is....

Price matching can be such a pain. I went to my local Target to PM and I had to buy the game first and then take it to CS for a refund on the difference. Once there, the cs rep said that it had to be in their ad as well before they could match a competitor's ad. She called the supervisor and she gave me the same BS and I argued that that's not stated anywhere in their policy, including online. I told her that it sounded more like a made up policy just so that they can avoid giving me the PM. She said that she'd be more than happy to print it out for me and left to go get it. After 20 minutes of waiting, she 2-wayed the CS rep to give me the PM provided that I brought this week's ad. Seemed to me like the supervisor was to chicken $hit to come back and apologize for her retardedness and admit that what she said wasn't true. Bestbuy is no different with the stuff they say to get out of PMing. If they don't want to price match, then they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Target's Low Price Promise, for anyone who gets the same BS I got: http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

Man this is so tempting, especially since all of the BB around the area have it in stock. I just think that I prefer the GC controls over the Wii, especially with B2G2 on gamecube games, or B2G1 all used.

Thanks, OP.

Thanks OP, I ordered one for in store pickup. I used my dad's credit card though, so I need to wait for him to get out of the hospital to pick it up. I do have a small issue though... When I bought the game online this morning, the game said it was available. I went to the store tonight and looked at the stock. It was listed as $20 and sold out on the shelf. When I got home, I checked the site, and it said OOS, but already charged the credit card. Is there anyway to tell if it is there without the emails? I was an idiot when I bought the game and accidentally sent the emails to my dad's old defunct email account, so I can't check to see if I even got a second email. Is there any other way to tell short of waiting for my dad to get out of the hospital? (I already tried going instore with the credit card in hand, he basically told me to **** off)

If it helps, the order status says: Inprocess

I am a Metroid fan.....but don't even have a Wii. I picked up a copy though....just in case if I buy a Wii down the road.

[quote name='garymheng']Price matching can be such a pain. I went to my local Target to PM and I had to buy the game first and then take it to CS for a refund on the difference. Once there, the cs rep said that it had to be in their ad as well before they could match a competitor's ad. She called the supervisor and she gave me the same BS and I argued that that's not stated anywhere in their policy, including online. I told her that it sounded more like a made up policy just so that they can avoid giving me the PM. She said that she'd be more than happy to print it out for me and left to go get it. After 20 minutes of waiting, she 2-wayed the CS rep to give me the PM provided that I brought this week's ad. Seemed to me like the supervisor was to chicken $hit to come back and apologize for her retardedness and admit that what she said wasn't true. Bestbuy is no different with the stuff they say to get out of PMing. If they don't want to price match, then they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Target's Low Price Promise, for anyone who gets the same BS I got: http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400[/QUOTE]

yeah hate it when a store a talks all this stuff how about price matching yet gives people a hard time

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Thanks OP, I ordered one for in store pickup. I used my dad's credit card though, so I need to wait for him to get out of the hospital to pick it up. I do have a small issue though... When I bought the game online this morning, the game said it was available. I went to the store tonight and looked at the stock. It was listed as $20 and sold out on the shelf. When I got home, I checked the site, and it said OOS, but already charged the credit card. Is there anyway to tell if it is there without the emails? I was an idiot when I bought the game and accidentally sent the emails to my dad's old defunct email account, so I can't check to see if I even got a second email. Is there any other way to tell short of waiting for my dad to get out of the hospital? (I already tried going instore with the credit card in hand, he basically told me to **** off)

If it helps, the order status says: Inprocess[/QUOTE]

Nope I believe you need to have order number or something. I had to print out an email invoice and give it to them.

[quote name='garymheng']Price matching can be such a pain. I went to my local Target to PM and I had to buy the game first and then take it to CS for a refund on the difference. Once there, the cs rep said that it had to be in their ad as well before they could match a competitor's ad. She called the supervisor and she gave me the same BS and I argued that that's not stated anywhere in their policy, including online. I told her that it sounded more like a made up policy just so that they can avoid giving me the PM. She said that she'd be more than happy to print it out for me and left to go get it. After 20 minutes of waiting, she 2-wayed the CS rep to give me the PM provided that I brought this week's ad. Seemed to me like the supervisor was to chicken $hit to come back and apologize for her retardedness and admit that what she said wasn't true. Bestbuy is no different with the stuff they say to get out of PMing. If they don't want to price match, then they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Target's Low Price Promise, for anyone who gets the same BS I got: http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400[/QUOTE]
I didn't have as obnoxious a time, but their policy has become ridiculous. As they stated it to me, you have to actually buy the item during the time the competitor's ad is valid. So even though I had a two week old receipt which is good for 3 months, I had to return that copy, go buy another copy, and take that to CS to do the price adjustment. Why make more work for both parties? I haven't a clue.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Nope I believe you need to have order number or something. I had to print out an email invoice and give it to them.[/QUOTE]

I can print out the order page, just not the email... But that wasn't really my question (On the site is says all you need is state ID and the credit card you bought it with).

What my real question is, is there anyway to tell if they even are holding a copy for me to pick up.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I can print out the order page, just not the email... But that wasn't really my question (On the site is says all you need is state ID and the credit card you bought it with).

What my real question is, is there anyway to tell if they even are holding a copy for me to pick up.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure they have a copy waiting for you. I guess you should go their and ask them since the whole point of in store pickup is to have the product ready for you to pick it up lol.

bread's done
Back