Metroid Trilogy $20 at BB.com is live

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metroid+Prime+Trilogy+-+Nintendo+Wii/9424205.p?skuId=9424205&productCategoryId=pcmcat147400050000&id=1218102963486&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FMetroid%2BPrime%2BTrilogy%2B-%2BNintendo%2BWii%2F9424205.p%3FskuId%3D9424205%26productCategoryId%3Dpcmcat147400050000%26id%3D1218102963486&ref=39&loc=01

*sigh*

I wasted the last of my GS credit on this when it launched and have yet to touch anything beyond MP1. Damn impulse buys.

MP1 is good, BTW.

BTW, I didn't post the deal databuild did. I have no idea why it put my name on the top, I was actually the first reply to his thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pandanaut']I haven't plugged my Wii in for months, and probably won't for a while, but I have never played any of these games and decided to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are in for a treat.

I went down to BestBuy today (without a pick up order). Wow, the traffic/parking lot was madness. I parked about 100 yards away and was lucky to do so when someone pulled out. I walked to the Wii section getting nervous as the Wii shelf in general was looking bare. But miraculously one copy was sitting there. Then there was just a long line checking out and getting out of the parking lot.

I should have just spent the $3 for shipping.

I made the trip worthwhile by picking up supplies at Costco. Costco had random 360 game 2-packs that are $24.xx now with a $5 instant rebate.

None of my local stores had this. Bestbuy.com let me order it for the $20 price on backorder (ships in 7-14 days). Shipping was free with RewardZone.

Got 2 of these today. Both times the person said ok and went in the back behind the counter and sifted through piles of shit to find my item. I can't believe that a place this big does this.

The BB I work at has 8 copies still, and that's with me grabbing one for myself and one for a friend. YMMV if it's around. Worth the $3 shipping if you don't want to deal with the holiday insanity.

[quote name='maingon']Great games, but it seems I am one who didnt like the motion control in these games.[/QUOTE]

I love the motion controls, I just feel it made the game less challenging, especially against Chykka, Emperor Ing, Thardus, and a few other bosses (I'm looking at your Metroid Prime).

Got my copy today too. It looked they were rummaging through garbage and pulled my in-store pick-up from a pile of crap lol.

[quote name='UjnHunter']@aeri: NO to classic GC controls! This is the reason that I haven't bought this set. I really would love to replay MP1 & 2 over again with nice widescreen and sharper graphics, but without the option to use the GC controls I can't enjoy it.

I'm left handed and can't get used to the MP3 controls :([/QUOTE]

just switch hands....:applause:

Update, my local stores were sold out so I ordered it online ($19.99 + free shipping with RewardZone) and I just got a shipping confirmation and UPS tracking #.

Yep, my "backordered for 1-2 weeks" copy ordered online yesterday shipped today via UPS; looks like they shipped it to arrive by Christmas, hopefully..! (Not that it REALLY matters since this is for me but pretty cool if it happens)

[quote name='kart007k']I never played Metroid game before can someone tell me what is it about?[/QUOTE]

it's 3 of the highest rated games ever for $20. Just buy it.

Picked this up, well worth it since I own the first for GC but neither Echoes or Corruption.
And I love good BB deals that don't involve coupons, overrides, or manager discretion haha.

It's rare (for me) to get a great deal at BB, but I was able to get one of these! I'm a huge Metroid fan but haven't played Prime 2-3. Should be amazing.

I'm going to try and find a copy near my local BB even though it says it isn't in stock. If not then I'm gonna try my luck at price matching this deal at Target.

[quote name='beerme']It's about a space girl who fights space monsters with her laser hand.[/QUOTE]

That's the original video game twist lol :lol: After defeating Motherbrain you find out the character you're controlling is female.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it took 30-45 minutes of arguing at Target, but I got my price match. They simply WOULD NOT believe that Best Buy had it on sale for $20, despite showing them the ad. Kept trying to tell me it's only $20 if you buy something else, or sign up for a credit card, all sorts of stuff. "See, it says "$19.99 After Savings. That means you have to buy other stuff." They were so in denial that BB simply had a good Christmas sale going on.

[quote name='Vegan']Well, it took 30-45 minutes of arguing at Target, but I got my price match. They simply WOULD NOT believe that Best Buy had it on sale for $20, despite showing them the ad. Kept trying to tell me it's only $20 if you buy something else, or sign up for a credit card, all sorts of stuff. "See, it says "$19.99 After Savings. That means you have to buy other stuff." They were so in denial that BB simply had a good Christmas sale going on.[/QUOTE]
Should have reminded them that they themselves had it on sale for only $9 more two weeks ago. I'm fairly certain that Target implemented that policy with the hopes that no one would ever actually use it.

[quote name='Vegan']"See, it says "$19.99 After Savings. That means you have to buy other stuff." They were so in denial that BB simply had a good Christmas sale going on.[/QUOTE]

"See, it says '$19.99 Over My Dead Body.'"

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm freaking pissed I can't find this damn game.[/QUOTE]

Have you gotten the print ad and tried competitor stores? Sometimes they're anal about calling around to see if Best Buy has stock, but oftentimes they just shrug and match the price on the flyer. It's what happened to me at Sears yesterday. Sears, Walmart and Target definitely pricematch (and Sears does the WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU 10% CHEAPER!! so it's $18), don't know if the other chains do.

[quote name='Mike Toole']Sears does the WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU 10% CHEAPER!! so it's $18.[/QUOTE]
I got told last week that they don't do the 10% anymore. after the kid took 10 min trying to figure out how to do a price match. good to know they still do.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']That's the original video game twist lol :lol: After defeating Motherbrain you find out the character you're controlling is female.[/QUOTE]

Damn it now you ruined it for everybody!! :lol:

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm freaking pissed I can't find this damn game.[/QUOTE]

My Walmart doesn't even carry it, which is sad because they do carry crap-loads of Wii games.

I price matched at Walmart today. No problem at all. I love having Walmart 1 mile from the house as I can price match tons of stuff there. Last time I got the PS3 red and blue DS3 controllers for $29.99 each. Walmart comes through for me everytime.

went back to my BB because I got another email saying its ready for pickup AND the customer service agent I called said it was ready to pickup. And once again when I got there they said they didn't have it. Got a $20 gift card for my troubles, though.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']Technically, I believe they are encouraged (if not required) to call and confirm the item is in stock. All of the price matching policies of which I'm aware have a stipulation that the competing store has to have the item in stock for the price match to go through.

If you strike out at Target, I'd suggest Wal-Mart. I've never had anyone call to check a competing store's inventory. I will say having the original add in hand helps out immensely.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a guy in Wal-Mart ask me if the game I was price matching was sold out at the other store, as he was ringing it up for me. They're a simple folk, and I like that about them. :D

[quote name='addicted2games']I price matched at Walmart today. No problem at all. I love having Walmart 1 mile from the house as I can price match tons of stuff there. Last time I got the PS3 red and blue DS3 controllers for $29.99 each. Walmart comes through for me everytime.[/QUOTE]

It is handy to have one that close mine is around 2 miles and gs is in the same strip mall.

[quote name='Vegan']Well, it took 30-45 minutes of arguing at Target, but I got my price match. They simply WOULD NOT believe that Best Buy had it on sale for $20, despite showing them the ad. Kept trying to tell me it's only $20 if you buy something else, or sign up for a credit card, all sorts of stuff. "See, it says "$19.99 After Savings. That means you have to buy other stuff." They were so in denial that BB simply had a good Christmas sale going on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah see it's stuff like this which makes it such that I never price match. I'll give my business to the place that has the guts to give a good price to begin with. Other stores want to leech on the sales? Then man up and offer a good price too.

Ruahrc

Wow it was sold out at every BB in my area except for the one closest to me. I am so lucky. I saw that someone else had one ready of pick up too.

Awesome deal. Thanks guys.

I went to my local BB and as I expected they were sold out. I grabbed their ad and head over next door to Target and they had 1 copy left! I went over to customer service and price matched it no problem.

It went without a hitch, however Target right now is utter chaos. There are so many last minute shoppers in the store buying gifts. The electronics area was shoulder to shoulder crowded. Customer service area was worst. They had customers yelling and screaming profanities at the employees. Thank God I got out of there quick.

[quote name='yruluis']I feel like getting a fourth copy.[/QUOTE]

I feel like blaming hoarders/flippers like yourself for every Best Buy in Los Angeles being sold out. How about saving some copies for people who actually want this game?

[quote name='Vegan']I feel like blaming hoarders/flippers like yourself for every Best Buy in Los Angeles being sold out. How about saving some copies for people who actually want this game?[/QUOTE]

Its still available online.. shipping is $2.99.. Its cheaper than driving from one side of LA to the other if you factor in gas.

[quote name='Vegan']I feel like blaming hoarders/flippers like yourself for every Best Buy in Los Angeles being sold out. How about saving some copies for people who actually want this game?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is why gamers miss out on good deals.

[quote name='jah2004']Agreed. This is why gamers miss out on good deals.[/QUOTE]

As much as you want to get all pissy at hoarders, they have just as much right to buy the games as do people that just want to play the game, unfortunately.

All I can say is that you should buy early and get a price adjustment or do a return/rebuy, or wake up early and go at opening.

Aw, man, I heard you can't use classic Gamecube controls. Is this true for all 3 games? I can live with it if not, but that seems like a real poor oversight. I suppose it would just enhance any excitement over playing the first couple games again, assuming the Wii controls are solid. 16:9 mode kinda trumps any control issues though.

[quote name='MasterSun1']As much as you want to get all pissy at hoarders, they have just as much right to buy the games as do people that just want to play the game, unfortunately.

All I can say is that you should buy early and get a price adjustment or do a return/rebuy, or wake up early and go at opening.[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting pissy, and I realize anyone has the right to buy video games. Just saying that it sucks for others in that area that really want the games at that price. Been there before. So glad I found one and can't wait to play it, but unfortunately it looks like I won't have the time to for a while.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Aw, man, I heard you can't use classic Gamecube controls. Is this true for all 3 games? I can live with it if not, but that seems like a real poor oversight. I suppose it would just enhance any excitement over playing the first couple games again, assuming the Wii controls are solid. 16:9 mode kinda trumps any control issues though.[/QUOTE]

The controls are more than solid - they are phenomenal.

Man, I'm picking this up but I worry it'll collect a lot of dust before I get to it. I still haven't touched the Metal Gear Solid collection I bought months back. Oh well, such a great buy that I can't pass this up.

bread's done
Back