Metroid Trilogy $20 at BB.com is live

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metroid+Prime+Trilogy+-+Nintendo+Wii/9424205.p?skuId=9424205&productCategoryId=pcmcat147400050000&id=1218102963486&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FMetroid%2BPrime%2BTrilogy%2B-%2BNintendo%2BWii%2F9424205.p%3FskuId%3D9424205%26productCategoryId%3Dpcmcat147400050000%26id%3D1218102963486&ref=39&loc=01

*sigh*

I wasted the last of my GS credit on this when it launched and have yet to touch anything beyond MP1. Damn impulse buys.

MP1 is good, BTW.

BTW, I didn't post the deal databuild did. I have no idea why it put my name on the top, I was actually the first reply to his thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I just picked mine up from BB this evening. I'm not sure if I'll open it or see if I can flip it for New Mario Bros. Wii or Wii Sports Resort.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']I am pretty sure they have a copy waiting for you. I guess you should go their and ask them since the whole point of in store pickup is to have the product ready for you to pick it up lol.[/QUOTE]

They refused to tell me even when I brought the order page and the the credit card. My ID didn't match the card, so they wouldn't even tell me the status. I guess I'll just have to wait. >_

[quote name='SuperSonic128']They refused to tell me even when I brought the order page and the the credit card. My ID didn't match the card, so they wouldn't even tell me the status. I guess I'll just have to wait. >_

Well I'm officially at a new low. Bought this even though I don't own a wii, and also already own an unplayed copy of MP2 for the GC. I figures I'd hold it at least and still give me the option to return it.

I just got back from BB and picked it up!

The guy working there told me they had none but he really wanted a copy, my brother found one laying around and he didn't want me to have it haha

I actually decided to look around the account pages and order status pages some more and found on the tracking page that it said:
spacer.gif

Maybe they are holding it for me? I don't know, but it makes me more hopeful lol.

I don't have a Wii (yet) but I'm sold on this.

I'll try looking for it at my local BB, and if not, I'll try PMing at Sears, and if all else fails, I'll just order it online.

Oh man! That dropped really fast. I never even touched my standalone copy of Metroid Prime 3. Oh well, that is how all my gaming goes, especially on the Wii.

Guess I won't be Sears PM, just read their policy, since they'll more than likely check the website and find it backordered/OOS and won't PM as a result. =P

I'll check BB, and if no dice, online ordering time.

Snagged 2 copies. One for me and one for my nephew's Christmas present. Sure do wish they weren't out of Animal Crossing though. $15 would've been a steal.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I actually decided to look around the account pages and order status pages some more and found on the tracking page that it said:
spacer.gif

Maybe they are holding it for me? I don't know, but it makes me more hopeful lol.[/QUOTE]

This is how my email is worded----

To pick up your order, please bring:
Yourself! (Only the person who placed the order and is listed on the purchasing credit card may pick it up)
A state-issued photo ID or driver's license.
The purchasing credit card: Visa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The order number (listed above - please bring a copy of this e-mail to the store)
When you get to the store:
Use the reserved parking for in-store pickup customers (available at select stores).
Present this e-mail to the employee at the entrance, who will direct you to Customer Service.
Locate the sign that says "BestBuy.com In-store Pickup." Wait in this line to expedite the pickup of your order.

Be aware that they swiped my credit card in the store and I had to sign the receipt. If it isn't your name on the card, that is the thing that might give you trouble.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']They refused to tell me even when I brought the order page and the the credit card. My ID didn't match the card, so they wouldn't even tell me the status. I guess I'll just have to wait. >_

I might just go and pick it up. I played and completed MP and MP3, and chances are I won't play this collection, but c'mon! $20 for three of the best games of all time?

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Get this shit: I bought it, and then they said it's not available at the store. So I'm fucked![/QUOTE]
Retarded. They said my refund will take 7 days.

Yeah, that happened to me with another product, when they let me order it for instore pickup, but they ended up having no stock. Did your email give you the option to call in and have them send you one?

[quote name='acyw13']i suppose this won't get any lower.... is it ?[/QUOTE]

seems to be sold out at a lot of best buys and is listed as "discontinued" on amazon...

Great games. Thanks for the post OP! I've only ever played the first one on the GC way back when and the motion controls are taking me a while to get used to. I barely escaped the pirate station at the beginning of the game with 2 or so seconds left on the clock. >_

Has anyone had any luck with price matching at WalMart? I see that people can do it at Target, but it seems like a pain. Guess I'm just hoping WalMart won't be too anal about it.

[quote name='phantom2k2']Has anyone had any luck with price matching at WalMart? I see that people can do it at Target, but it seems like a pain. Guess I'm just hoping WalMart won't be too anal about it.[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed at Walmart at yesterday though they took a long time looking over the flyer making sure the price was actually 19.99. In the end, however, they accepted it without any argument from me. Of course, YMMV.

[quote name='Miro']I PM'ed at Walmart at yesterday though they took a long time looking over the flyer making sure the price was actually 19.99. In the end, however, they accepted it without any argument from me. Of course, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Miro. I'll give it a go tomorrow (12-21) at my local WalMart and let you guys no how it goes.

[quote name='Miro']I PM'ed at Walmart at yesterday though they took a long time looking over the flyer making sure the price was actually 19.99. In the end, however, they accepted it without any argument from me. Of course, YMMV.[/QUOTE]
do they still have the ad in store at best buy?

Walmart has been extremely easy on PM around here. GL!

I bought a copy from Amazon a while a go and I ended up getting a MP3T poster with it. :)

Well BB, this was your chance to get some of my green. Alas, you screwed up and this is the last time I'm putting up with your non-existent ad items, especially when I'm there the minute you open Sunday morning.

Welp, I'd rather not deal with cluttered, backordered shipping so I'll just wait until this game gets cheap used since the Primes do get pretty cheap. Congratulations to everyone who was able to get the game and have BBs with a selection of games expanding beyond the Guitar Heroes and Call of Duties.

How do you go about price matching? Did you print out the online ad?

[quote name='driftmr2']Walmart has been extremely easy on PM around here. GL!

I bought a copy from Amazon a while a go and I ended up getting a MP3T poster with it. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Interstella 5555']How do you go about price matching? Did you print out the online ad?[/QUOTE]

Do that, or grab a copy of the ad from Best Buy. They'll have no shortage of the ads. It should work.

Found a few at my Best Buy in Elizabethtown, KY, so I snag a copy, it was soooooo worth it! Thanks for the news on the deal!

@aeri: NO to classic GC controls! This is the reason that I haven't bought this set. I really would love to replay MP1 & 2 over again with nice widescreen and sharper graphics, but without the option to use the GC controls I can't enjoy it.

I'm left handed and can't get used to the MP3 controls :(

I'm holding out for a re-release of MP3 Corruption with the GC controls ;)

Adapting 1 and 2 to the motion controller seems like a great way to ruin two of my favorite games ever.

I loved 1 and 2 on the GC but really disliked what little I played of 3 on the Wii.

[quote name='Vegan']What's Target's pricematch policy? I have 2 Best Buys with Targets right next to them.[/QUOTE]

Target should match Metrioid Prime Trilogy as long as you take the Best Buy flyer with you and show it to them. They might try and give you excuses, just have them look up their price match policy online.

I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy at the good deal of 20 bucks with in store pick-up. Went to pick it up today and they couldnt find it. The lady went to the back, checked all the bins and went to the warehouse. She comes back and says that she couldn't find it and they'll have to cancel the order. I ask her if she checked this other pile of stuff that I saw on the side, and of course it was in there. The manager saw all of this and gave me a 20$ giftcard for my trouble! Was very excited. Ready to kick Ridley's candy@$$ and buy something later. Woo

Sweet, one of the Best Buy stores near me still has a copy left. I already own all three individual games (anybody want them?) but I admit the new play control for MP1 and MP2 has suckered me in. Thanks OP.

I price matched at Target (took the BB ad with me) no problem, got two copies. I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with the old guy who runs the department.

Target's price match policy is below. For what it's worth, they also had signage in the store boasting their "low price promise."

http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400

My Scumbag Flipper's intuition tells me for $20 these are a good investment. I'm considering going back and trying to pricematch their remaining copies and hitting up Wal-Marts in the area... I'd be pretty shocked if I couldn't at least double my investment in a couple of years. The non-standard packaging really makes me think they won't reissue this, either.

$24.59 shipped for me; since I have no BB close to me. It's back-ordered as well (I was going to order it when the deal went live, but had to rush to work - got home the other night, and it was already back-ordered, so figured I'd wait). Not sure I need it or am going to play it (since I already beat MP on GCN, and though MP2 was only alright, and hated MP3), but I'll give the 2nd and 3rd a second chance.

Wow I had bought it online for store pick-up but when I went there today they didn't have it... I got the email saying it was ready to pick up and everything and never got another email saying it wasn't there.

Surely I should get some type of compensation, right?

Great deal considering I got one of these at $46 with A Boy and His Blob during Amazon's "buy $80 worth get $40 credit" a month and half ago and sold it on half.com for $42 a couple weeks ago.

I went in for one using store pickup and then called that BB and a guy was nice enough to take my order number and grab a copy/send the confirmation e-mail while he was on the phone/hold with me.

In-store pickup is good for eight days, if that helps anyone. I chose a BB that's in my hometown, where I'm going for Christmas, because none of the nearby ones to me had it in stock.

Also: I had 890 or so Reward Zone points at the 1,000 threshold, so I went to the RZ site and requested a certificate for $15 (750 points) right while I had this unconfirmed purchase up in another tab. It immediately produced a coupon with a coupon code for bestbuy.com and worked, so the whole thing was $5.30. I mention it because it might help someone else who also has some RZ points saved up.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Wow I had bought it online for store pick-up but when I went there today they didn't have it... I got the email saying it was ready to pick up and everything and never got another email saying it wasn't there.

Surely I should get some type of compensation, right?[/QUOTE]

You should, cuz that's lame, but it's still a live deal so I'd order it with pickup at whatever store is closest that you can get to in eight days and then call that store and make sure they save it for you. Paying $2.99 for shipping isn't bad either.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']Wow I had bought it online for store pick-up but when I went there today they didn't have it... I got the email saying it was ready to pick up and everything and never got another email saying it wasn't there.

Surely I should get some type of compensation, right?[/QUOTE]
You also might be able to call and have them send it to you. That option is usually availble when the item is not availble after you order it for pickup.

I haven't plugged my Wii in for months, and probably won't for a while, but I have never played any of these games and decided to take the plunge.

[quote name='pandanaut']I haven't plugged my Wii in for months, and probably won't for a while, but I have never played any of these games and decided to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

We're on the opposite side of the fence! I've been having a blast playing the Wii this year compared to it's first two years of release. I bought MP3:Corruption during the Wii's first year as there was a dearth of good titles that year. So I won't be picking this up as I already have MP3 and MP1&2 via gamecube and I don't believe in re-buying games I already own!

I did the pricematch at Sears. $16.99+tax for the game, brilliant. Love the Wii's control scheme, it's a bit weird but way more immersive. Never played the first two before so this is a great value for me.

bread's done
Back