Metroid Trilogy $20 at BB.com is live

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metroid+Prime+Trilogy+-+Nintendo+Wii/9424205.p?skuId=9424205&productCategoryId=pcmcat147400050000&id=1218102963486&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FMetroid%2BPrime%2BTrilogy%2B-%2BNintendo%2BWii%2F9424205.p%3FskuId%3D9424205%26productCategoryId%3Dpcmcat147400050000%26id%3D1218102963486&ref=39&loc=01

*sigh*

I wasted the last of my GS credit on this when it launched and have yet to touch anything beyond MP1. Damn impulse buys.

MP1 is good, BTW.

BTW, I didn't post the deal databuild did. I have no idea why it put my name on the top, I was actually the first reply to his thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy I Ordered on Sunday morning when it was in stock. Best $2.99 I've spent. I went by my local BB yesterday to pick up SR2 and they were cleared out. Even though it said it was in stock online.

[quote name='Justin42']Wow, my "backordered" copy from Bestbuy.com just showed up, shipped overnight for free (Premier Silver). Pretty amazing service.[/QUOTE]

What's that? Like Amazon Prime for Best Buy? I didn't think people ordered enough stuff from BB for that to be worthwhile. What do they charge?

[quote name='Vegan']What's that? Like Amazon Prime for Best Buy? I didn't think people ordered enough stuff from BB for that to be worthwhile. What do they charge?[/QUOTE]
Premium Sliver doesn't cost extra. You just have to spend $2,500 a year for it.

[quote name='Justin42']Wow, my "backordered" copy from Bestbuy.com just showed up, shipped overnight for free (Premier Silver). Pretty amazing service.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm in the same boat, so maybe mine will show up sometime soon. ^^

[quote name='Vegan']What's that? Like Amazon Prime for Best Buy? I didn't think people ordered enough stuff from BB for that to be worthwhile. What do they charge?[/QUOTE]

Here's a page with the benefits on it:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=2863

I, for one, only have it because I have the RZ Mastercard. It's helpful for the few times that I do go into Best Buy though since I swear that they treat you better if you have the Premier Silver membership.

Just got mine today and this packaging is so nice. :drool:

Makes me feel better about double dipping on the trilogy.

[quote name='eau']Premium Sliver doesn't cost extra. You just have to spend $2,500 a year for it.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I barely spend 25 a year at Best Buy, much less 25 hundred.

[quote name='Vegan']Ah. I barely spend 25 a year at Best Buy, much less 25 hundred.[/QUOTE]

If you have the RZ mastercard you can spend the amount to qualify pretty easily as you get credit from any purchases you make, anywhere.

I got mine a couple of days ago and still haven't opened it. I got way too many games going on right now. I was just wondering if the savegames are the same for Corruption, I already have that and have played it just not all the way through yet. If the savegames are the same I might get rid of it.

So I read that someone PM'd this for wal-mart. Is there anything besides the internet add that you need to do this? This is the perfect gift for my boyfriend.

[quote name='tea_green']So I read that someone PM'd this for wal-mart. Is there anything besides the internet add that you need to do this? This is the perfect gift for my boyfriend.[/QUOTE]

I just took the newspaper ad that came this past Sunday and showed Walmart that. I guess you can also print out the online ad which will say backordered, which may or may not make a difference.

If you people who actually wanted the game to play would stop sitting on the internet and complaining about hoarders and instead use that effort to make it to the store early then you could get what you want. Stop complaining if you don't put the effort into it.

Hell, I was able to buy it online without a problem.

I received the free overnight shipping, even though my RewardZone membership is not silver. It was nice, but doesn't mean much for me since this went right into my backlog anyway.

my BB was was out of stock. So I had target pricematch. Just make sure u bring in a BB add, the printout of the site wasnt sufficient for them.

Grabbed another copy for yankee swap. Pricematched at Sears again, $18.05 total with tax. I don't think it's going to be any easier to pricematch this game than today. Maybe the 26th too because of all the return traffic. If you don't have it yet, go to Best Buy for the flyer, and take it to Target, Walmart, or Sears for pricematch!

[quote name='Mike Toole']Grabbed another copy for yankee swap. Pricematched at Sears again, $18.05 total with tax. I don't think it's going to be any easier to pricematch this game than today. Maybe the 26th too because of all the return traffic. If you don't have it yet, go to Best Buy for the flyer, and take it to Target, Walmart, or Sears for pricematch![/QUOTE]

I just did this - stopped at Best Buy to pick up the flyer (Best Buy didn't have the game - they didn't have many Wii games at all), then drove to Target. The pricematch was really easy. No problems at all. One of the clerks already knew about the price, so I definitely wasn't the first one.

Just popping in, haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it has been suggested...but you can definitely have bestbuy write you a raincheck for this...
just remember rainchecks only guarantee price not availability ;)
but bby should be able to fulfill them

[quote name='kylem785']Just popping in, haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it has been suggested...but you can definitely have bestbuy write you a raincheck for this...
but bby should be able to fulfill them[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will try that from now on.

[quote name='yruluis']Thanks, will try that from now on.[/QUOTE]

yeah, as a bestbuy employee i know other employees might not always offer to write a raincheck but if it is in the ad (and even sometimes if it isn't) and as long as it doesnt specify no rainchecks you should be good

[quote name='kylem785']Just popping in, haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if it has been suggested...but you can definitely have bestbuy write you a raincheck for this...
but bby should be able to fulfill them[/QUOTE]

Why not just price match it at Walmart/Target/Sears and get the game right away instead of waiting? Plus you dont know if you will get the game after rain check at BB as this game is supposedly OOP now.

I was going to try price matching but miraculously it just came back in stock at one of my local stores so I ordered one last night. Glad I did cause now it's sold out again.

wish i wouldve jumped on this deal when the ad came out, i had to go to great lengths and make several trips just to get Target to PM this deal.

...got rejected at Walmart on the price match. Shocked.

Lady said they don't match any Best Buy deal that says "After Savings" because that means Best Buy got a kickback from the manufacturer.

The state of things to come or a bs line this particular Walmart feeds customers?

[quote name='trip1eX']...got rejected at Walmart on the price match. Shocked.

Lady said they don't match any Best Buy deal that says "After Savings" because that means Best Buy got a kickback from the manufacturer.

The state of things to come or a bs line this particular Walmart feeds customers?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like BS. I would have talked to a CSM. My Walmart doesnt even check if the item is in stock at the place of the ad. They just pm instantly (well they have to get a CSM to use their key and approve the transaction).

[quote name='addicted2games']Sounds like BS. I would have talked to a CSM. My Walmart doesnt even check if the item is in stock at the place of the ad. They just pm instantly (well they have to get a CSM to use their key and approve the transaction).[/QUOTE]

CSM came and rejected it. Cashier was going to ring me up.

Yeah it is bs. 90% of the stuff on sale in the Best Buy ad says "after savings." Ah well. I tried. I already nabbed a copy earlier in the week from Best Buy. Just happened to be at a Walmart to grab some sundries with the wife and kids and the ad was in my car from that earlier visit.

[quote name='trip1eX']CSM came and rejected it. Cashier was going to ring me up.

Yeah it is bs. 90% of the stuff on sale in the Best Buy ad says "after savings." Ah well. I tried. I already nabbed a copy earlier in the week from Best Buy. Just happened to be at a Walmart to grab some sundries with the wife and kids and the ad was in my car from that earlier visit.[/QUOTE]

That's very weird that Walmart would give you a tough time about it. Try your luck at Target, seems like no one has a problem PM'ing there.

[quote name='trip1eX']
Lady said they don't match any Best Buy deal that says "After Savings" becau[/QUOTE]

That's almost exactly what Target tried to feed me. They claimed that "After Savings" implied something... what "something" was, was a multitude of things they kept making up as I kept shooting them down. I couldn't account for why some items said "After Savings" while others didn't; in their minds, it had to mean something. "Oh, you have to buy other stuff with it, sooooo we can't do it." "You see how it says 'Limit 6 per customer' at the bottom? Yeah, this means we can't do it, that means you gotta buy other stuff." "See this credit card offer at the bottom of the page? Yeahhhhh, "After Savings' means it's that price if you sign up for this credit card.'

By the end of it, there must have been five Target employees crowded around, being wasted on me when they could've just done the damn pricematch. None of what they said even made sense, but I was persistent for at least half an hour and finally they gave it to me.

I think they just wanted to get rid of me, and did it thinking they were getting scammed.

[quote name='Vegan']That's almost exactly what Target tried to feed me. They claimed that "After Savings" implied something... what "something" was, was a multitude of things they kept making up as I kept shooting them down. I couldn't account for why some items said "After Savings" while others didn't; in their minds, it had to mean something. "Oh, you have to buy other stuff with it, sooooo we can't do it." "You see how it says 'Limit 6 per customer' at the bottom? Yeah, this means we can't do it, that means you gotta buy other stuff." "See this credit card offer at the bottom of the page? Yeahhhhh, "After Savings' means it's that price if you sign up for this credit card.'

By the end of it, there must have been five Target employees crowded around, being wasted on me when they could've just done the damn pricematch. None of what they said even made sense, but I was persistent for at least half an hour and finally they gave it to me.

I think they just wanted to get rid of me, and did it thinking they were getting scammed.[/QUOTE]

If you ask me I think Best Buy added the "after savings" text to make it harder for people to price match their ads. I admit, when I price matched mine at Target they gave it a second look and the cashier had to talk to CSM for advice, but eventually they gave it to me.

Crap, my online order is backordered. I hope these things aren't really out of print; otherwise, my order will be canceled. However, my local Best Buy claims that they're going to get 12 in the next few days (at full price now)... Weird.

bread's done
Back