MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!
dunno if it's a clearance price or just at my store (Wilmington, DE) but this was for the PS3...not sure if it's also the same for x360. Lowest I've seen it in stores...pre-owned price online is $24.99.

[quote name='merchie89']so does that mean the 360 version was $18 too?[/QUOTE]

Im wondering this too. I should be able to call tomorrow afternoon, will report findings if its still unknown.

I just happened to catch the deal browsing through the gaming section. Luck, I guess. I originally, was just buying some hoodies at the mall in the next parking lot and figured I's stop in to check and see if they had any $5 classic rock albums in their value section. I was happy enough that I saw Iggy Pop's "lust for Life", then I saw this and did a triple take before I went to the register. I remember Target had at least the 360 version on clearance but the PS3 version was still at MSRP. I think Gamestop was still pricing it at $39.99. I'm happy since this is probably the last year of the PS3 era. Prices for these games are either going to jump or plummet. If this is OOP, then in 6 months who knows what amazon will be charging.

The ps3 version is currently harder to find than the 360 version. I see the 360 version everywhere (just waiting for a cheaper price). I picked up the ps3 version when I noticed it wasn't as readily available.

Got this a few months ago for $19.99 during an Amazon sale no less.

Back then I gave a heads-up to those that wanted it should get it...as play-asia listed the game as, out-of-print) and out-of-stock.

This was actually a very well made port. Good luck to everyone on their hunt!

Yeah, I remember that you were warning everyone to buy it to be safe (that turned out to be good foresight). That's when I started putting it on my radar, to make sure that I at least got a ps3 copy.

I know this is not the For Sale Section but I was able to get 2 PS3 copies of it today. I would be willing to ship them within the US for $25. With tax they were $19.xx, shipping is $3.xx. I am making like $2.00 on it. I am not trying to gouge anybody. Just PM me if you are interested.

edit: Deals pending for both copies. I will keep this updated

Last edited by a moderator:
My bestbuy has a few with the price listed as $29.99 but they ring up $17.99, stopping by there again tomorrow probably so I may just get myself one

All the Best Buys in the Philly area are sold out of them I think. The Pottstown one had a tag for the $18 price in the PS3 section, but I think that people took the last copies of it within the last few days or so.

I have a feeling In a month or two this game will be fetching a price a lot higher than the $32 its going for on amazon right now. I think I'm gonna bite

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I have a feeling In a month or two this game will be fetching a price a lot higher than the $32 its going for on amazon right now. I think I'm gonna bite[/QUOTE]

Yeah this game is just gonna get more expensive. Now I regret not getting it when amazon had it for 20 bucks. Now i'm worried about Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Fingers crossed for some good gamestop spring break sale or something.

updated second post with a few other places you can grab it online new, unfortunately its in the $30-32 range. Post if you find it anywhere else reputable and I will add it.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Yeah this game is just gonna get more expensive. Now I regret not getting it when amazon had it for 20 bucks. Now i'm worried about Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Fingers crossed for some good gamestop spring break sale or something.[/QUOTE]

Is UMvC3 going up in price too? Which versions? I still have my PS3 version, maybe I need to grab the Vita one too

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is UMvC3 going up in price too? Which versions? I still have my PS3 version, maybe I need to grab the Vita one too[/QUOTE]

Not at the moment, but the dream of finding it lower than 20 bucks is almost dead lol. Amazon has the xbox version for 20 right now tho, ps3 is 24, the vita version is like 30 at gamestop. Most of my local best buys don't carry UMVC3 anymore. In fact none of the stores do and all 5 gamestops nearby are low in stock @25 bucks for the ps3 version. Just gonna give in before it pulls a metal gear.

[quote name='VenomA7X']Not at the moment, but the dream of finding it lower than 20 bucks is almost dead lol. Amazon has the xbox version for 20 right now tho, ps3 is 24, the vita version is like 30 at gamestop. Most of my local best buys don't carry UMVC3 anymore. In fact none of the stores do and all 5 gamestops nearby are low in stock @25 bucks for the ps3 version. Just gonna give in before it pulls a metal gear.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah lol, been waiting on the Vita version to fall in price for a while too. Might just bite on the digital version for 20$ on PSN while its on sale and can get 10$ back.

[quote name='Olengie']Why is MGS HD Collection going up if you don't mind me asking.[/QUOTE]
It appears to have gone out of print on PS3, as it is rapidly disappearing from most online stores and B&M stores.

Grabbed 2 copies at my store. Might grab another at a store like 15 mins away. Great deal along with MGS4 < $10 and already got the Vita version for like 20-25

Saw this in my Target for $20 on the 360. It's on clearance at 30% now. Once it drops to 70%, I'll get a $9 one.

Thanks OP! Finally found PS3 copies at the 3rd Best Buy that I went to. I bought 2 out of the 3 copies they had(1 for me and 1 for my nephew as a gift). So there's 1 copy left at the Columbia, MD store up for grabs as of 7:30 tonight.

No MGS HD at my BB, but they did have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and I grabbed the last copy of Silent Hill HD at $17.99 each. Also of note was Fist of the Northstar at $10.33 and White Knight Chronicles II at $11.99.

Haven't read through the whole thread so this may have already been mentioned, but guy at GS confirmed that MGS HD is discontinued and you will only find used copies. And they are charging $28 for used copies. :bomb:

[quote name='aznhero913']Ps4 is coming soon, ps3 is eventually gonna faded out.

Makes perfect sense that game print is being halted.[/QUOTE]

PS4 is going to have little effect on the printing. If the game hits a certain amount of sales it will get a greatest hits version just like mgs4.

If anything I would say it's a greater chance of the black labels being gone. I can't see the vanilla version becoming rare or expensive but you never know.

I know this isn't the first game where people notice supply shorts before another printing or greatest hits version. I think people are jumping the gun early with it.

totally out at my Best Buy. regretting not getting this way earlier now that people are saying it's out of print.

[quote name='Invicta 61']No MGS HD at my BB, but they did have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and I grabbed the last copy of Silent Hill HD at $17.99 each. Also of note was Fist of the Northstar at $10.33 and White Knight Chronicles II at $11.99.

Haven't read through the whole thread so this may have already been mentioned, but guy at GS confirmed that MGS HD is discontinued and you will only find used copies. And they are charging $28 for used copies. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Dang, I should drop by my local BB and see if they have any copies. >

[quote name='Invicta 61']No MGS HD at my BB, but they did have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom and I grabbed the last copy of Silent Hill HD at $17.99 each. Also of note was Fist of the Northstar at $10.33 and White Knight Chronicles II at $11.99.

Haven't read through the whole thread so this may have already been mentioned, but guy at GS confirmed that MGS HD is discontinued and you will only find used copies. And they are charging $28 for used copies. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Can anyone confirm Silent Hill HD for $17.99 at their BB?

Both of the copies that I posted about earlier have been sold to different members here for $25 shipped. They will be mailed out tomorrow. I will also be checking another store tomorrow so I may come up with more copies of the game. Please PM me if you are interested in a copy so I have an idea of how many to try and secure.

edit: I checked another store that I thought might have had them but no luck. I know of one store near me that has one copy but it is about 45 minutes each direction. I like the people here but that is not worth it for $3.00

Went to two Best Buys while I "tried" to pick up my Brother. And I got...wait for it....nothing. :lol: Seems like they didn't have a restock in quite a while. One Best Buy didn't even have Metal Gear Rising on the floor for the PS3.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Both of the copies that I posted about earlier have been sold to different members here for $25 shipped. They will be mailed out tomorrow. I will also be checking another store tomorrow so I may come up with more copies of the game. Please PM me if you are interested in a copy so I have an idea of how many to try and secure.[/QUOTE]

sent! Didn't have any luck finding one myself.

[quote name='steveomac1015']went to mines in mays landing, nj. no luck. i still have a sealed ps3 collectors edition though.[/QUOTE]

eBay it for $$$$$

I was able to secure a copy of UMvC3 for PS3 last night for $17.99. Couldn't believe my closest BB actually had a few left...as no other store within 100 miles (or more) had any. Having a spare $10 GC on hand made the deal even sweeter! :D

[quote name='needler420']PS4 is going to have little effect on the printing. If the game hits a certain amount of sales it will get a greatest hits version just like mgs4.

If anything I would say it's a greater chance of the black labels being gone. I can't see the vanilla version becoming rare or expensive but you never know.

I know this isn't the first game where people notice supply shorts before another printing or greatest hits version. I think people are jumping the gun early with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but even the possibility of red label would cause some individuals (myself included) to run out and get it now :)

got the last copy at best buy today, sales associate said they aren't making anymore. was trying to score a 2nd copy for a CAG too :(

[quote name='RPGamer246'] sales associate said they aren't making anymore.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I mean, he may not be completely wrong, but it's a guess either way.

They will absolutely make more, but they could be GH. Personally I don't think it will go GH, I think Konami's distributor just hasn't realized they need more copies yet.

[quote name='Flowstance']LOL. I mean, he may not be completely wrong, but it's a guess either way.

They will absolutely make more, but they could be GH. Personally I don't think it will go GH, I think Konami's distributor just hasn't realized they need more copies yet.[/QUOTE]

yeah I take what he said with a grain of salt, just found it interesting its what he said immediately when he saw the game in my hand

I pointed this out a few months ago when Amazon had MGS HD for $19.99.

Play-Asia is pretty reliable too, and they had it listed OOP/OOS back then.

http://www.play-asia.com/Metal_Gear_Solid_HD_Collection/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-49r0.html

Most often when a game becomes a GH, it just simply transitions into it, they don't list the black-labeled game as OOP at all. Not saying it couldn't ever happen, just that it hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge.

Which is why I mentioned back then it would be a good idea to jump on the game while it's still available for the low prices. Since then it's been OOS at Amazon, Newegg, Play-Asia, Gamestop (available in-store in very limited areas and in low stock), Best Buy, etc.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this particular collection going GH. It could, or Konami could release another MGS collection that includes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Who really knows? Just sayin'.

EDIT:

On a side note, it seems MSG4 (Greatest Hits version) is also listed as OOP/OOS on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3fx3.html

And after checking out Amazon, BB, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...they too no longer have the game in stock. Perhaps maybe Konami will re-release a more complete collection...but that's just purely speculative on my part.

The listing on Amazon says its been discontinued by the manufacturer if you look at the product details. Not sure how accurate that always is though.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I pointed this out a few months ago when Amazon had MGS HD for $19.99.

Play-Asia is pretty reliable too, and they had it listed OOP/OOS back then.

http://www.play-asia.com/Metal_Gear_Solid_HD_Collection/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-49r0.html

Most often when a game becomes a GH, it just simply transitions into it, they don't list the black-labeled game as OOP at all. Not saying it couldn't ever happen, just that it hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge.

Which is why I mentioned back then it would be a good idea to jump on the game while it's still available for the low prices. Since then it's been OOS at Amazon, Newegg, Play-Asia, Gamestop (available in-store in very limited areas and in low stock), Best Buy, etc.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high on this particular collection going GH. It could, or Konami could release another MGS collection that includes 1, 2, 3, and 4. Who really knows? Just sayin'.

EDIT:

On a side note, it seems MSG4 (Greatest Hits version) is also listed as OOP/OOS on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3fx3.html

And after checking out Amazon, BB, Newegg, Gamestop, etc...they too no longer have the game in stock. Perhaps maybe Konami will re-release a more complete collection...but that's just purely speculative on my part.[/QUOTE]

You still can't go by third party retailers. A perfect example is play Asia has MGS4 GH US version OOP. Once it's offiical from Konami then it's safe to say OOP.

The reason they probably list it now is because they don't know when another printing or greatest hits version will happen and it's probably easier to do that then to completely remove the product from their system.

Look how long Konami took to bring trophies to MGS4 and remake yet another version of it.

Lately there has been a lot of games starting to go OOP and get reprinted again later on.

I'm not jumping the gun in till an official statement is released. Not some guy at gamestop and best buy saying so because they saw it OOP on the same site you did.

The fact that you can still find new copies for less then MSRP price makes me think they are in the process or about to be reprinting/greatest hits.

bread's done
Back