MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!
dunno if it's a clearance price or just at my store (Wilmington, DE) but this was for the PS3...not sure if it's also the same for x360. Lowest I've seen it in stores...pre-owned price online is $24.99.

[quote name='needler420']You still can't go by third party retailers. A perfect example is play Asia has MGS4 GH US version OOP. Once it's offiical from Konami then it's safe to say OOP.

The reason they probably list it now is because they don't know when another printing or greatest hits version will happen and it's probably easier to do that then to completely remove the product from their system.

Look how long Konami took to bring trophies to MGS4 and remake yet another version of it.

Lately there has been a lot of games starting to go OOP and get reprinted again later on.

I'm not jumping the gun in till an official statement is released. Not some guy at gamestop and best buy saying so because they saw it OOP on the same site you did.

The fact that you can still find new copies for less then MSRP price makes me think they are in the process or about to be reprinting/greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

Problem is publishers do not make official statements regarding their titles going OOP/end of manufacturing on their part. They just do it and move on. So you'll be waiting for a loooong time for that official statement.

Also, Play-Asia didn't just list the games yesterday as going OOP. MGS HD was listed as such over 3 months ago. The reason they are selling cheap at retailers that still happen to have some stock is to clear their inventory on a product they know they will no longer carry. Amazon quickly sold out of MGS HD 3 months ago for $19.99, no new inventory from them since. Same with Newegg, BB, Gamestop, etc. The fact both of these titles are no longer available from most of the top retail chains (both online and in-store) makes it relatively easy to deduce that the titles are, more likely than not, OOP.

Again, if anything, they could possibly release yet another compilation that includes 1-4 in one package a la GOW: Saga. But who knows? I'm pretty sure though that MGS4 and MGS HD Collection, in their own right, are done as individual retail SKU's.

[quote name='merchie89']so does that mean the 360 version was $18 too?[/QUOTE]

Nah I picked up a copy a while back at retail price. Was hoping to swap with someone

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (all for PS3) are $17.99 each at all Best Buys. Unconfirmed for 360.

Also, their new return policy is in effect: 15 days to return for regular customers (was 30 days). That also means 15 days to price match. Premier Silver still get 60 days as usual.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Silent Hill HD Collection, and Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (all for PS3) are $17.99 each at all Best Buys. Unconfirmed for 360.

Also, their new return policy is in effect: 15 days to return for regular customers (was 30 days). That also means 15 days to price match. Premier Silver still get 60 days as usual.[/QUOTE]

And can only PM at time of purchase if PMing another retailer. And then 15 days if BBY has the price drop. Silver has 60 days up until April 18th after that even silver only has a 15 day PM window and a 60 day return window.
The quote below is for silver members only:

"As a courtesy, for purchases made between March 3, 2013 and April 18, 2013, Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day price match period if Best buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store). The 15 day price match period will apply for purchases made on or after April 19, 2013."

The rest of the details can be found here:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Return-amp-Exchange-Policy-Low-Price-Guarantee-FAQs/td-p/662050

[quote name='CaoPi']another reason why Worstbuy will got out of business, 30 days to 15 days for the return policy?[/QUOTE]

Honestly their policy was TOO good for so long. I literally was getting new releases for $20 after RZGCU and PMs. Let alone selling the DLC on fleabay almost assured me I got the game day 1 for $10 or less. Then pure profit when trading the game in a few weeks later for $30-$40.

Honestly their system was way, way too good. But yet you come on and knock them for bringing it in line with virtually every other electronics retailer.

I'll check tomorrow but not expecting any miracles for MGS HD.

[quote name='CaoPi']another reason why Worstbuy will got out of business, 30 days to 15 days for the return policy?[/QUOTE]

This actually makes GameStop look good, crazy huh?

[quote name='spamfree2']Which is the better version? Looks like my BBY has both.[/QUOTE]

Consensus seems to be it plays better (graphics/frame rate) on the Xbox, but Xbox doesn't have the pressure sensitive controls. Meaning the controls are wonky as the original MGS was built with half pressing in mind (ie sighting gun with half press and firing when full pressed etc).

So toss up if you own both systems. Choose what suits you better.

Yeah, really gonna miss being able to do all those post buy PM's. Now I'll just start shopping around at more retailers likely, even Walmart has a better PM policy now

How does this make GameStop look good?
Because of the 30 days return?

GameStop does NOT price match...
They rarely have sales on NEW titles, sure you can return unopened items in 30 days. (it's worse if compared to 60 days for Silver)
If you spend enough money with GameStop you still return in 30 days....

I still think BestBuy return/PM policy was way too good, It resembled CircuitCity, and we all know what happened to CircuitCity (The Sony Trucks made U turns)
http://gizmodo.com/5072782/sony-trucks-literally-turn-around-to-stop-circuit-city-shipments

I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one

[quote name='Scorch']I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one[/QUOTE]

it prevents pming the gcu $20 pre order deal and probably other stuff we dont know of

[quote name='alexbhp']How does this make GameStop look good?
Because of the 30 days return?

GameStop does NOT price match...
They rarely have sales on NEW titles, sure you can return unopened items in 30 days. (it's worse if compared to 60 days for Silver)
If you spend enough money with GameStop you still return in 30 days....

I still think BestBuy return/PM policy was way too good, It resembled CircuitCity, and we all know what happened to CircuitCity (The Sony Trucks made U turns)
http://gizmodo.com/5072782/sony-trucks-literally-turn-around-to-stop-circuit-city-shipments[/QUOTE]

GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude

[quote name='Confidance']GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude[/QUOTE]
Are we all talking about the same store?

[quote name='Confidance']GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude[/QUOTE]

GameStop has never PMed...

Also the 60 day silver return is more for non gaming items.

Don't forget that BBY does have TRE in place and once you return an undisclosed amount, you will be banned from returns for 90 days.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']GameStop has never PMed...

Also the 60 day silver return is more for non gaming items.

Don't forget that BBY does have TRE in place and once you return an undisclosed amount, you will be banned from returns for 90 days.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so I'll just completely forget that I price match per policy ads that come in and email my DM when I do it at my store.
I'm just sayin it is possible

[quote name='Confidance']Okay, so I'll just completely forget that I price match per policy ads that come in and email my DM when I do it at my store.
I'm just sayin it is possible[/QUOTE]
Verrrrry YMMV though. I shop at GS all the time and have only got one store to ever PM.

[quote name='mitch079']Anyone got a working stock locator since none of these are on the website?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if there is one for any of them. Employees couldn't even find a stock locator for MGS HD in store for me, I just lucked out and got the last one.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not sure if there is one for any of them. Employees couldn't even find a stock locator for MGS HD in store for me, I just lucked out and got the last one.[/QUOTE]

They snagged a sku off their system and did a sku search in my area to all stores within the district. Don't know if that helps anyone or I just got a person that knew what he was doing.

Sure makes me miss Circuit Shitty even more

Yeah, The employees are so ignorant at my store. They just look up the item on the site and tell me it's not available anymore because they can't find a listing. I could have already told them that. I obviously need to find someone who can find the sku and search by store.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one[/QUOTE]

Yeah they'll be able to do that all of three or four times until they get flagged for excessive returns and lose their ability to return items...

You need to go in-store and find an employee who knows how to locate the discontinued sku and search by store in your area. A lot of them will just look on the site and says it's no longer available. The gaming advisor at my store didn't even know how to do it, so good luck finding a knowledgable one.

You can call and give them the SKU too. I have gotten employees who know how to do it. I usually just ask if they could check if a game is in stock, then tell them I have the SKU to make it easier.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, The employees are so ignorant at my store. They just look up the item on the site and tell me it's not available anymore because they can't find a listing. I could have already told them that. I obviously need to find someone who can find the sku and search by store.[/QUOTE]

while it's not difficult, most employees don't bother. however, you can just ask a sales associate to search RSS for the district. that's all an associate can check. takes a manager to check stores outside of the district. so unless there is a copy at the store, or you're willing to wait for a transfer from another store (don't get your hopes up, a transfer will only happen if the other store has 5 or more copies) you're SOL.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Honestly their policy was TOO good for so long. I literally was getting new releases for $20 after RZGCU and PMs. Let alone selling the DLC on fleabay almost assured me I got the game day 1 for $10 or less. Then pure profit when trading the game in a few weeks later for $30-$40.

Honestly their system was way, way too good. But yet you come on and knock them for bringing it in line with virtually every other electronics retailer.[/QUOTE]Their flaws are simple, they should keep restock fees for non silver, limit the total amount of open box returns & make big ticket items have to have the fee.
As for GCU, had they added the silver tier faster, made online coupons faster, added more coupons to the mag, got more exclusives & fixed the damn glitches GCU would be really strong by now. I have seveal ideax that are under review but they've been there for a while. Most would've brough high sales/profit plus a bigger subscription base which would've supported the deals.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, really gonna miss being able to do all those post buy PM's. Now I'll just start shopping around at more retailers likely, even Walmart has a better PM policy now[/QUOTE]I tried walmart not that long ago ^ they suck. Kept saying I needed the ad even though the signs at each register said "customer doesn't need the ad". Outta 5 stores 1 did it correctly & another would've but the item wasn't in-stock their. All the managers were clueless as I showed them their own policy. I'll stick with BB but just pm the deal I want on the spot. I have enuf games to wait them out but over the waiting will hurt them in the long run since people kow game generally aren't worth $60. Won't be surprised if they policy changes again for silver by end of summer.

[quote name='Confidance']GameStop does price match, GameStop does have sales on newer titles... I.e. Wwe 13, Boederlands 2, Dead Space 3, I could go on..... And its premier silver, u gotta spend 2 freaking thousand ffs..... Seriously dude[/QUOTE]Or you could spend just $77.35 & get silver instead. 13 $200 pre-paid visa cards used to pay your bills or buy elsewhere will get you silver. 13 $5.95 fees which when combined with silver bonus gets you $5 back in RZ pts. Also, spending $1500 in 2 straight yrs will get you silver too.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']while it's not difficult, most employees don't bother. however, you can just ask a sales associate to search RSS for the district. that's all an associate can check. takes a manager to check stores outside of the district. so unless there is a copy at the store, or you're willing to wait for a transfer from another store (don't get your hopes up, a transfer will only happen if the other store has 5 or more copies) you're SOL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah I remember now that an associate searched RSS before for me. I'll try again next time I go.

[quote name='Enuf']

Or you could spend just $77.35 & get silver instead. 13 $200 pre-paid visa cards used to pay your bills or buy elsewhere will get you silver. 13 $5.95 fees which when combined with silver bonus gets you $5 back in RZ pts. Also, spending $1500 in 2 straight yrs will get you silver too.[/QUOTE]

Actually you get points on the $200 card itself as well.

Lets use my recent purchase of 1 VISA prepaid card as an example.

Purchases 205
Premier 25% Bonus 51
Reward Zone Credit Card Premier Silver Bonus 51

307 total points earned
Granted the 102 bonus points are related to the fact that I am already silver and used my BBY store card to pay, but everyone will get at least 205 points when buying a prepaid VISA card

Now say i do that 13 times as in your example

Total fees paid 5.95*13 = 77.35

Total base points earned 205 * 13 = 2,665
Total bonus points earned 102 * 13 = 1,326
Total points earned 307 * 13 = 3,991 (aprox 4,000)

4,000/250 = 16 $5 RZ certificates = $80

I would have gotten even more points had i not used promo financing due to other items in the order. Even without a bonus you will get at least $50 in RZ Certificate points back without already being a Silver member and be free to pay using anything other than another gift card. Heck, you could pair up the $50 of base reward certificates with a payment method of a typical 1% cashback credit card to get $26.77 back (2,677.35 * 1%) in addition to the $50 RZ certs. If done right, getting and maintaining RZ silver is not difficult to do.

I have never played a Silent Hill game and was thinking about getting the HD version for ps3. Have never playing this game does it hold its value and worth the buy at 18???

Hopefully Amazon matches because BB's customer service at the store near me is a complete waste of time. They won't do anything other than look on the site. It even takes 3-4 different employees to look at the computer to PM themselves. I can't stand that store.

[quote name='gldoorii']Hopefully Amazon matches because BB's customer service at the store near me is a complete waste of time. They won't do anything other than look on the site. It even takes 3-4 different employees to look at the computer to PM themselves. I can't stand that store.[/QUOTE]

That's how my best buy is. The one time I ever tried to price match I made sure I was within policy and still got turned down by some young girl manager. Basically just because it's at her discretion. This was also two years ago now so the price matching policy has probably taken better effect. Still not worth wasting my time, which is why I almost never attempt to price match. I had another incident with this same manager and I think I even reported her to corporate. It was the only time I ever decided to escalate a situation and nothing ever happened. In the end I ended up screwd out of money at best buys fault.

[quote name='needler420']That's how my best buy is. The one time I ever tried to price match I made sure I was within policy and still got turned down by some young girl manager. Basically just because it's at her discretion. This was also two years ago now so the price matching policy has probably taken better effect. Still not worth wasting my time, which is why I almost never attempt to price match. I had another incident with this same manager and I think I even reported her to corporate. It was the only time I ever decided to escalate a situation and nothing ever happened. In the end I ended up screwd out of money at best buys fault.[/QUOTE]
If you never PMed then you missed out on the previous golden ages, where you get paid handsomely to play day one releases. Should have just gone to another store.

Just came back from the local BB and they didn't have any of the games. A bit disappointed would of liked to grab a couple of them. I didn't realize BB pulls some games off the shelf quickly while they leave others up forever (saw Sing It High School Musical, really wtf).

[quote name='thebob101']Just came back from the local BB and they didn't have any of the games. A bit disappointed would of liked to grab a couple of them. I didn't realize BB pulls some games off the shelf quickly while they leave others up forever (saw Sing It High School Musical, really wtf).[/QUOTE]

This is why I call before going to the store. Hopefully you're trip didn't cost you more then $10 bucks in gas or you had errands to do through your commutes. Otherwise between that and sales tax you could have got in on amazon for the same price.

[quote name='TooPoor']If you never PMed then you missed out on the previous golden ages, where you get paid handsomely to play day one releases. Should have just gone to another store.[/QUOTE]

The next closest best buy to me is not worth driving to. The gas would out weigh the deal online.

I have price matched a few things in the past just not with best buy. No matter the policy price matching is very YMMV.

I don't have the time to watch three stooges standing at the cash register for 15 minutes trying to do a override. Rather pay a bit extra and get the fuck out lol.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't understand what they're going for w/ having the return period 60 days for silver members.. people will just buy the item again at the sale price and return the original one[/QUOTE]Remember they track returns and if you do too many in a short enough timeframe, they'll bar you from making returns to any Best Buy.

It's a two-step process to try and keep them from losing money on PMs and returns.

Best Buy will inevitably go out of business at some point, so if this policy change helps them not lose as much money right now, I'm all for it. I want them around as long as possible, and I don't do PMs, trade-ins, or returns. I just want them around for $5-$10 blu-rays, $8 CDs, and $10-$20 video games.

[quote name='illennium']Best Buy will inevitably go out of business at some point, so if this policy change helps them not lose as much money right now, I'm all for it. I want them around as long as possible, and I don't do PMs, trade-ins, or returns. I just want them around for $5-$10 blu-rays, $8 CDs, and $10-$20 video games.[/QUOTE]
+1for this. We lost Circuit City a couple years ago. Id hate to think of Gamestop as the only shop in town...

[quote name='illennium']Best Buy will inevitably go out of business at some point, so if this policy change helps them not lose as much money right now, I'm all for it. I want them around as long as possible, and I don't do PMs, trade-ins, or returns. I just want them around for $5-$10 blu-rays, $8 CDs, and $10-$20 video games.[/QUOTE]

If amazon wasn't around I would care about them going out of business.

I could care less if they do now. IMO they fully deserve to follow the path of circuit city which I always prefered anyway.

Best buys and gamestop imo have the worst business practices and the worst customer service.

Right now I'm really cheap and go to where ever the deal is. So as soon as I'm in a little better position ill go from going to where the deal is to spending a small difference and support the business you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really want to pull the trigger on UMvC 3 but being able to pay rent out weights this. Which is a sad state to be in. But I suppose when I have extra income, the game will just be cheaper

[quote name='needler420']If amazon wasn't around I would care about them going out of business.[/QUOTE]

Overall, I use Amazon a lot more than Best Buy, when you take into account books, groceries, home supplies, etc. But as far as media deals go, lately Amazon has mostly been PM'ing the big box stores, specifically Best Buy. They've been a lot less proactive about deals. So what happens when Best Buy goes away...?

I agree that the customer service experience is incomparable. Send an email or chat and get your issue resolved in minutes, versus stand in line to speak to a minimum-wage employee who does not know the store's policies and can't add without a calculator.

bread's done
Back