MGS HD, Silent Hill HD, UMvC3 (PS3/360?) $17.99 each Best Buy B&M + New Return Policy

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!
dunno if it's a clearance price or just at my store (Wilmington, DE) but this was for the PS3...not sure if it's also the same for x360. Lowest I've seen it in stores...pre-owned price online is $24.99.

I just checked BesyBuy online. Seems they aren't even listing UMvC 3 as available anymore. Now this makes me want to rush out to my nearby store and see if they have one

[quote name='needler420']I could care less if they do now. IMO they fully deserve to follow the path of circuit city which I always prefered anyway.[/QUOTE]You might want to think that one through.

If Best Buy is gone, you lose the last national retailer of TVs of all price ranges, PCs of all price ranges, plus software and other electronics.

You'll end up with for Target, Walmart, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples for national chains and MicroCenter and Frys for more local chains.

As much as people may not like Best Buy, they do have a place in retail. Without them, there's less reason for other chains to compete, same for Amazon.

[quote name='shrike4242']You might want to think that one through.

If Best Buy is gone, you lose the last national retailer of TVs of all price ranges, PCs of all price ranges, plus software and other electronics.

You'll end up with for Target, Walmart, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples for national chains and MicroCenter and Frys for more local chains.

As much as people may not like Best Buy, they do have a place in retail. Without them, there's less reason for other chains to compete, same for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah I get that. If best buy does go they will need to be replaced by a universal electronics company or else all the competition is gone and the monopoly starts. It's like giving them park place and board walk and putting hotels on it from the start.

I wish we had circuit city still instead of best buy. IMO the company was 10X better I didn't realize it till it was too late.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but here goes:

Will Best Buy allow you to PM and use an @Gamer coupon? I was looking on Amazon.com and Doom 3 BFG is at least $10 cheaper on all platforms for this game. If possible, I would like to PM that and use the coupon and potentially get the PC version for *Free? Let me know if I'm wrong before I try to drive out there and try it.

Thanks!

[quote name='BigK_201']Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but here goes:

Will Best Buy allow you to PM and use an @Gamer coupon? I was looking on Amazon.com and Doom 3 BFG is at least $10 cheaper on all platforms for this game. If possible, I would like to PM that and use the coupon and potentially get the PC version for *Free? Let me know if I'm wrong before I try to drive out there and try it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]Not unless you get a dumb rep, it won't work.

A PM is the "other deals" that the coupon says it won't work it, and usually when you do a PM, coupons tend to get locked out of the computer.

If you get a dumb rep that does a manual price adjustment to match the PM + coupon'd price, then that's the only way I could see it working.

[quote name='daver16']Anyone mind posting a picture of their receipt for these deals so I can try to PM at Target or Walmart?[/QUOTE]

This^
But would they PM from that?

For everyone expecting to get these because they'll turn into rare collector's items soon, think again. We're talking about titles from Konami and Capcom. Two companies notorious for re-releases and also beginning production on stuff that was out of print because there's a new demand for it.

I don't get why BB is getting so much hate all of a sudden. Because they now only offer 15 days PM?

Sorry, but I feel Best Buy has been nothing but great, to me at least. I've scored more deals through them in the last 2 years than any other retailer, even Amazon (though Amazon was pretty awesome this past BF).

I definitely do not want BB to disappear. Having them stick around is good for consumers, as more competition means better prices for us.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Really want to pull the trigger on UMvC 3 but being able to pay rent out weights this. Which is a sad state to be in. But I suppose when I have extra income, the game will just be cheaper[/QUOTE]

Cheaper, maybe not. It's been flirting with the $20 mark for more than a year since it wasn't overproduced and isn't widely available. But at the same time it's not like the price is going up either so waiting on it definitely wont hurt:)

[quote name='shrike4242']Not unless you get a dumb rep, it won't work.

A PM is the "other deals" that the coupon says it won't work it, and usually when you do a PM, coupons tend to get locked out of the computer.

If you get a dumb rep that does a manual price adjustment to match the PM + coupon'd price, then that's the only way I could see it working.[/QUOTE]

Hah bummer, I don't think I have any dumb reps at my local BB.

Thanks for the quick reply!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']

Also, their new return policy is in effect: 15 days to return for regular customers (was 30 days). That also means 15 days to price match. Premier Silver still get 60 days as usual.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you can only PM other competitors at the time of purchase. You have 15 days to PM only Best Buy if their price drops within that period.

The grace period for silver members-is that PM BB only till April 18 or PM competitors as well till April 18? Want to know if I can PM GS Crysis 3 price now or are after-the-fact PMs of competitors already toast for all?

I picked up the last two copies of MGS HD at the second BB I checked in San Diego area (one is going to a friend, so don't ask). Also found a copy of Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition for $20.

I just returned a new game with reciept and they took my DL number. WTF is up with that? I thought they only did that if you didn't have a reciept.

[quote name='spamfree2']I just returned a new game with reciept and they took my DL number. WTF is up with that? I thought they only did that if you didn't have a reciept.[/QUOTE]They've been doing that for months in needing your DL # for returns. It's to track people doing too many returns and barring them from returns if they do too many in a certain period of time.

[quote name='shrike4242']They've been doing that for months in needing your DL # for returns. It's to track people doing too many returns and barring them from returns if they do too many in a certain period of time.[/QUOTE]

I think its dumb even if you pay in cash and you have proof of the receipt.
Bb is geeting out of hand and now with their new 15 day price match policy :roll:

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Really want to pull the trigger on UMvC 3 but being able to pay rent out weights this. Which is a sad state to be in. But I suppose when I have extra income, the game will just be cheaper[/QUOTE]

I feel you man. Live to fight another day....

May I ask, what do you do? At least you have a job.

[quote name='KryllFood']For everyone expecting to get these because they'll turn into rare collector's items soon, think again. We're talking about titles from Konami and Capcom. Two companies notorious for re-releases and also beginning production on stuff that was out of print because there's a new demand for it.[/QUOTE]

It's a risk either way, no one knows what they will do. The thing that really fouls up the mix is that for the first time we are in an era of digital distribution and that may make a publisher think a reprint isn't necessary, especially in the system's final days.

[quote name='KryllFood']For everyone expecting to get these because they'll turn into rare collector's items soon, think again. We're talking about titles from Konami and Capcom. Two companies notorious for re-releases and also beginning production on stuff that was out of print because there's a new demand for it.[/QUOTE]

The Twin Snakes re-release on Wii U? I HOPE SO :drool:

Just picked up the last copy of MGS at my local store, but couldn't find any others. I've been itching to play MGS so it doesn't matter to me if it becomes rare or not.

[quote name='The Punisher']I think its dumb even if you pay in cash and you have proof of the receipt.
Bb is geeting out of hand and now with their new 15 day price match policy :roll:[/QUOTE]
I don't see how paying in cash and having a receipt makes return tracking via DL# "dumb", return abusers all have receipts, and may use cash.

Grrrrrr, No MGS HD at the 3 BB's near work. Might just end up going for the pre-owned with GCU 10% and an RZ facebook cert and hope it comes complete.

what I don't get is sometimes the id/driver's license is scanned (or if the store is old they type the info) while other times they just look at it.

[quote name='TooPoor']I don't see how paying in cash and having a receipt makes return tracking via DL# "dumb", return abusers all have receipts, and may use cash.[/QUOTE]

What's dumb is that they not only find people abusing the system (returning an item for another item, for another item, and so on, turning Best Buy into an electronics rental), but they sometimes just flag you if you bought a game, changed your mind a couple of days later and brought it back or if you bought something that simply didn't work (I've had to legitimately return a web cam that had known software issues and wouldn't install/work and a network device that apparently only works under certain conditions but isn't stated in any form on the box and I don't have those conditions). I get it, but it seems overreaching still. I am glad they stopped taking ID for price adjustments though, that was just bogus.

Pflugerville TX best buy had 3 MGS for xbox when I just left. Picked one up for myself. They were tagged at 29.99 but rung up 17.99.

[quote name='abouldin07']Pflugerville TX best buy had 3 MGS for xbox when I just left. Picked one up for myself. They were tagged at 29.99 but rung up 17.99.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

finally someone delivered.....

NOw to see if the silent hill hd collection is turning up for the 360.

(though ps3 version is better, I'm in it for collecting).

[quote name='The Punisher']I feel you man. Live to fight another day....

May I ask, what do you do? At least you have a job.[/QUOTE]

Sure. I moved down to LA on New Year's Eve to pursue a childhood dream of being a film actor. Graduated college with a BS in Marketing. I balance 3 day jobs: 1 as a waiter, 2 doing internet forum moderation, all at minimum wage. It's amazing at how difficult it is just surviving in this town, let alone work as an actor.

But my name is from my love for cooking.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 3 MGS HD collections at the BB in Crystal Lake, IL. I bought one. I had gotten a UMvC3 at the same store about 2 weeks ago when you still could get it for $17.99 from BB.com.

Unfortunately, I was really looking for the Silent Hill HD collection, of which they had none.

[quote name='lude21']Grabbed the last MGS HD PS3 at the Scranton PA store.[/QUOTE]
That's funny, I grabbed the second to last PS3 MGS HD yesterday at that store.

[quote name='JMClarkent']No luck @ Springfield PA or Plymouth Meeting.

...sad face![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, have you tried the KOP BB yet? I'm looking for the PS3 version.

Anyone know if it's still possible to check stock online for a new copy? If so what it the SKU? Do I need that?

I can't seem to be able to search for it online. Might just call them tomorrow.

[quote name='needler420']Anyone know if it's still possible to check stock online for a new copy? If so what it the SKU? Do I need that?

I can't seem to be able to search for it online. Might just call them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You can't check yourself, but an employee can in rss or whatever they use.

Silent Hill is priced at 17.99 for ps3. I couldn't find any, but I saw the price on their computer. They offered me a used one for 24.99 though...

[quote name='BudzMcGee']What's dumb is that they not only find people abusing the system (returning an item for another item, for another item, and so on, turning Best Buy into an electronics rental), but they sometimes just flag you if you bought a game, changed your mind a couple of days later and brought it back or if you bought something that simply didn't work (I've had to legitimately return a web cam that had known software issues and wouldn't install/work and a network device that apparently only works under certain conditions but isn't stated in any form on the box and I don't have those conditions). I get it, but it seems overreaching still. I am glad they stopped taking ID for price adjustments though, that was just bogus.[/QUOTE]
I agree its not a perfect system. But I wasn't referring to the return abuse prevention system itself, but the logic of thinking return tracking shouldn't be performed when one has a receipt and used cash to pay.

Are you buying Silent Hill HD just to be able to play it on 360/PS3? I thought it made the games a lot worse than their originals.

[quote name='J7.']Are you buying Silent Hill HD just to be able to play it on 360/PS3? I thought it made the games a lot worse than their originals.[/QUOTE]

They're still worse than the originals, as they were developed from beta code, but apparently fully playable if you aren't that particular (after applying the patch on ps3 version). I would rather track down the original versions as I have a backwards compatible ps3, but the HD collection is cheaper.

[quote name='IRHari']Thanks for letting me know, have you tried the KOP BB yet? I'm looking for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a chance yet, sadly.

bread's done
Back