Michael Jackson Memorial 8/29/58 - 6/25/09

Reporter on CNN was saying he actually died this morning(?) and the family gathered before calling the ambulance. The dude wasn't looking too good in recent footage.

Rest in Peace Michael

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']ESPN just reported it too before cutting to the draft coverage. So it's getting all around. [/QUOTE]

fun fact. the super bowl half time show for michael jackson was the first time that ratings went up during half time.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Lemme guess, you nabbed that from Fark?[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's from jj.am, but I got it from the other board I post at.

[quote name='lorne']It's a hard world when both Michael Jackson and Ed Mcmahon die broke.[/QUOTE]

No sympathy for people who are irresponsible with that much money.

Matt fact: In 1995, I wanted to dress as Michael Jackson for Halloween. My mom said I was too fat. In retrospect, that was one of the few times being a fat kid benefited me in the long run.

Lilboo, did you ever dress as Bea Arthur for Halloween, or just for shits and giggles, even? ;)

[quote name='FallMoon']Wow, my comment on Kotaku about MJ was disemvoweled, and I was taken off the invite list. But yeah, his music is good![/QUOTE]

Disemvoweled? Like they edited it to remove a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes y? ;)

[quote name='keithp']You're not a little boy, are you?

Apologies in advance..[/QUOTE]

Now now, he was never convicted of that, we need to keep all that paparazzi smear campaign trash out of this thread, it's supposed to be about how great of a human being he was.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']
To everyone:

if you have Moonwalker, play it.

If not, play Space Channel 5 instead.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a good idea. I could use some Space Michael!

[quote name='docvinh']Now now, he was never convicted of that, we need to keep all that paparazzi smear campaign trash out of this thread, it's supposed to be about how great of a human being he was.[/QUOTE]

i see a hint of sarcasm. I can't make a judgement on how great he was personally, I didn't know him. But there is no denying the fact he was one of the most influential people pretty much ever.

R.I.P Michael Jackson.

Now whats the bet of iTunes and Amazon MP3 crashing due to billions of downloads of thriller?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']On FOX at 7 they will have an interview with MJ's house...[/QUOTE]

Neverland Ranch is going to speak?

You know as much as you fucktards bitch about "Good, another child molester is dead.." type ..you have to look at a LOT of the good stuff he has done in his life. He was taken advantaged of by fucktard parents and kids who just wanted to abuse his generosity and love. Stuff like that destroyed his career and caused him to make some strange changes in his life and apperance. He gave a lot during his amazing career in the 70's and 80's... The media trashed him as well. To be hated by the world you love was really tough on him..then to loose everything including his NLR... Its sad to see this legend spend his last few years labeled as a freak and hurt by the world he once loved. Will anyone care when the fucktards who destroyed his career dies? No.. So let the man finally have his peace in his white suit and white fedora hat up in the sky being remembered for his music, his dance and the love he gave the world.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You know as much as you fucktards bitch about "Good, another child molester is dead.." type ..you have to look at a LOT of the good stuff he has done in his life. He was taken advantaged of by fucktard parents and kids who just wanted to abuse his generosity and love. Stuff like that destroyed his career and caused him to make some strange changes in his life and apperance. He gave a lot during his amazing career in the 70's and 80's... The media trashed him as well. To be hated by the world you love was really tough on him..then to loose everything including his NLR... Its sad to see this legend spend his last few years labeled as a freak and hurt by the world he once loved. Will anyone care when the fucktards who destroyed his career dies? No.. So let the man finally have his peace in his white suit and white fedora hat up in the sky being remembered for his music, his dance and the love he gave the world.[/QUOTE]
Good post

Beyond his generous philanthropy, financial and otherwise, his music was always positive and unifying

He was an asset to society in that regard, regardless of whether or not you believe certain allegations (which I encourage everyone to research, wikipedia is your friend, those allegations came from very shady sources)

RIP MJ

Got the announcement in class. People kept talking and the professor gave us a 15 minute break to calm down. LOL.

[quote name='keithp']Neverland Ranch is going to speak?[/QUOTE]
All the news stations are surely acting like it will. They're just filming the outside of his house for the bast few hours...

I agree with ITDEFX

He did a lot for the world musically and with his charity.

Although in the last 5-10 years he may have gone off his rocker a bit, he will be missed.

Now to make some crazy $$$ on some of the MJ stuff I have, j/k

[quote name='Matt Young']Disemvoweled? Like they edited it to remove a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes y? ;)[/QUOTE]
Actually, yes, that's what Kotaku does.

Its sad to see this legend spend his last few years labeled as a freak and hurt by the world he once loved. Will anyone care when the fucktards who destroyed his career dies? No.. So let the man finally have his peace in his white suit and white fedora hat up in the sky being remembered for his music, his dance and the love he gave the world.

I can't believe this statement came from ITDEFX. Well said, dude.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']All the news stations are surely acting like it will. They're just filming the outside of his house for the bast few hours...[/QUOTE]
Didn't he lose Neverland Ranch years ago? I'm pretty sure that's another house in LA.

bread's done
Back