Michael Jackson Memorial 8/29/58 - 6/25/09

[quote name='Rocko']Didn't he lose Neverland Ranch years ago? I'm pretty sure that's another house in LA.[/QUOTE]
Yes, you are right. I'm in LA and so every news station is placed right outside his house. Little absurd.

[quote name='antlp89']Wow. I really am speechless.[/QUOTE]

oh wait til Best Buy puts whatever MJ stuff they have on a table near the entrance. They do this every fucking time someone famous dies and they have their music/movies in stock.

So what's the report cause of death? I've heard sleeping pill overdose... isn't that what killed Heath Ledger last year?

This news really caught me off guard today. As someone else said MJ was a philanthropist who did a lot of good in his lifetime. RIP to a great artist and even though I didn't know him personally, I believe he was a great man as well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']why are people DANCING outside of the Apollo theater in NY?[/QUOTE]

And then, the real ITDEFX shows up again...Are you daft? They're showing off their MJ dance moves, and bonding with other MJ fans. It's a release from their grief, you idiot.

[quote name='Strell']And Bea Arthur.

One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_quXnUa2bc[/QUOTE]

i used to like this song alot until my dad bought a new entertainment system that came with that video. hed play it every time he brought some ghetto chick over for some bootie.......that and the madonna vogue song........

[quote name='Rocko']Actually, yes, that's what Kotaku does.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll be damned. I just started visiting the site recently. I had no idea.

RIP Michael Jackson. May the King of Pop's music live on to inspire and entertain for generations to come.

And since I'm sure there will be those who will gripe over the oddities, eccentricities, or whatever you want to call it, of his more recent days, I think the AVGN put it best...

"As Dave Chapelle once said: He made Thriller. Thriller."

Some other favorites of mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex30DYwQlHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGOiS75Lwk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFcFsVJ0nsM

i wonder if that chick who supposedly gave birth to those kids will get custody now? theres gonna be a hell of an acution now too since last i heard he had alot of debt. maybe paul mcartney will finally get the rights to those beatles songs back.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I bet the Moonwalker game for Sega Genesis is gonna sky rocket in value now for collectors. Possible?[/QUOTE]

Yes, not to mention the Arcade Unit. Damn that 4 player co-op was awesome.

[quote name='lokizz'] maybe paul mcartney will finally get the rights to those beatles songs back.[/QUOTE]

If Michael had any heart, hopefully he willed the rights back to Paul, or at least the Beatles estate, which I guess is Apple Corp.

[quote name='keithp']If Michael had any heart, hopefully he willed the rights back to Paul, or at least the Beatles estate, which I guess is Apple Corp.[/QUOTE]
No, if he had any heart, he'd will them to the public domain.

[quote name='Liquid 2']No, if he had any heart, he'd will them to the public domain.[/QUOTE]

No, he should give them back to Paul, after the contentious way he out-bid him in the 80's. A creator should have the rights to his own music. The songs will be public-domain soon enough anyway.

[quote name='keithp']No, he should give them back to Paul, after the contentious way he out-bid him in the 80's. A creator should have the rights to his own music. The songs will be public-domain soon enough anyway.[/QUOTE]

how's that? doesn't the UK have similar copyright law to ours?

[quote name='keithp']No, he should give them back to Paul, after the contentious way he out-bid him in the 80's. A creator should have the rights to his own music. The songs will be public-domain soon enough anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think heard on the news that he actually willed the rights to Paul.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I think heard on the news that he actually willed the rights to Paul.[/QUOTE]

:applause: if true then!

Man... I feel bad for his kids. They have been sheltered by him all their lives and now Dad is gone. Their world has been turned upside down and is crumbling from underneath them. R.I.P. MJ and my heart goes to the kids.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Man... I feel bad for his kids. They have been sheltered by him all their lives and now Dad is gone. Their world has been turned upside down and is crumbling from underneath them. R.I.P. MJ and my heart goes to the kids.[/QUOTE]

Yea you gotta feel sorry for the kids...who we may never see what they look like in real life even after his father's death. They may come out in 10 or 15 years and admit that MJ was their father.

Think also about OJ's kids...yea a lot of people think he killed his ex-wife and her friend and got a lot of flack for years for it and now he's going to jail for that whole Vegas fiasco..but think about his kids... Poor kids having to grow up with a father who was once famous for his works, but now only remembered as a temperamental accused killer and now off to prison.

[quote name='ITDEFX']You know as much as you fucktards bitch about "Good, another child molester is dead.." type ..you have to look at a LOT of the good stuff he has done in his life. He was taken advantaged of by fucktard parents and kids who just wanted to abuse his generosity and love. Stuff like that destroyed his career and caused him to make some strange changes in his life and apperance. He gave a lot during his amazing career in the 70's and 80's... The media trashed him as well. To be hated by the world you love was really tough on him..then to loose everything including his NLR... Its sad to see this legend spend his last few years labeled as a freak and hurt by the world he once loved. Will anyone care when the fucktards who destroyed his career dies? No.. So let the man finally have his peace in his white suit and white fedora hat up in the sky being remembered for his music, his dance and the love he gave the world.[/QUOTE]
So...as long as you have some excuses, it's okay to molest kids? Good to know!

[quote name='MisterModest']So...as long as you have some excuses, it's okay to molest kids? Good to know![/QUOTE]

Proof or gtfo.

[quote name='Darrith']Proof or gtfo.[/QUOTE]
ITDEFX is not saying anything about proof. It seems he's implying that as long as you have excuses, it's okay to molest kids.

Wow! just wow I'm still in shock truly he was the Elvis of my generation. I completely wore out my thriller tape and even bought "Number 1's" when it came out. He was an amazing talent and will certainly be missed. I remember the first time I saw the video for "Thriller" I thought at first it was a preview for a new horror movie. Always will be one of the best videos of all time. There has been not another like it in history. Synchronized zombie dancing FTW! I remember back in Elementary school a friend of mine did a performance of "man in the mirror" for a talent show. Michael Jackson was portrayed as larger then life but was just as mortal as us all. RIP King of Pop

RIP MJ.

and WTF Google.

twittera.jpg

Man some of his music was so freakin great, "Beat it" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I kind of wish I was alive when Thriller came out (born in 1984). It's crazy, when 2 huge celebrities die you always tell yourself that the celebrities die in three's thing is crap but then it happens every single time.

I stuck with the NBA coverage and Shaq unsurprisingly stuck his huge foot in his mouth.

They asked him about the deal sending him to Cleveland right off the bat and (I'm going to paraphrase this best I can)

"First off I'd like to send out my condolences to the Jackson family on their loss and .... it's a big day for those kids out there."

Now, he obviously meant for that second portion to be about the Cavs but he didn't use any kind of transition. It made me LOL. Big dummy.

It's unfortunate to hear of Michael's passing. I hoped he would be able to do his recent tour. And that would motivate him to do a Jackson 5 tour also. Or even a stint in Vegas. R.I.P. King of Pop.

[quote name='cgarb84']Man some of his music was so freakin great, "Beat it" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I kind of wish I was alive when Thriller came out (born in 1984). It's crazy, when 2 huge celebrities die you always tell yourself that the celebrities die in three's thing is crap but then it happens every single time.[/QUOTE]

No. No, it doesn't.

bread's done
Back