Microsoft Point contest(and other prizes)!

[quote name='Tsel']No it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
It has worked flawlessly for me. Are you sure you used a real address? A quick google search in your area will give you a ton.

[quote name='USD']It has worked flawlessly for me. Are you sure you used a real address? A quick google search in your area will give you a ton.[/QUOTE]

My parent's address didn't work. Won nothing with that.

Aren't you guys afraid of getting banned on XBL?

[quote name='Tsel']My parent's address didn't work. Won nothing with that.

Aren't you guys afraid of getting banned on XBL?[/QUOTE]

From what i recall, a bing 100 msp exploit that gave many users thousand of msp were perma banned for marketplace theft..

[quote name='USD']Pro Tips: Using actual addresses guarantees a win. Never use the same street more than twice.[/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm. Thx dude!

[quote name='Pwny']as anyone won who isnt from us?[/QUOTE]

I have not been able to, despite using google maps to get multiple address with all the corresponding info.

[quote name='emwearz']I have not been able to, despite using google maps to get multiple address with all the corresponding info.[/QUOTE]

Indeed im also doing same thing using a real alabama address and i believe that they may track IP to see county so those ouside us cant win?

[quote name='USD']Pro Tips: Using actual addresses guarantees a win. Never use the same street more than twice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but seems like people already snatched msp's. I won only songs from 10 tries. It's not worth my time.

[quote name='Sath666']Yeah, but seems like people already snatched msp's. I won only songs from 10 tries. It's not worth my time.[/QUOTE]

Winning a 'song' is winning MSP. Check your email, there is a code.

I honestly think they give 160 msp per each email and nothing more. I mean it's an email controlled thing rather than a luck based gig.

[quote name='Pwny']Indeed im also doing same thing using a real alabama address and i believe that they may track IP to see county so those ouside us cant win?[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I'm not from US but I've filled the form with a random address of a New York City McDonald's... game played, code received, no harm done :)

Now, I'll let you know if they'll serve me a Big Ban with fries and a drink :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo I'm outside the confort zone If I may refer to it this way from Romania specifically. I received a couple of codes and they all work. Make sure you input them using your xbox not the online xbox.com service.

[quote name='CartofRosu']Yo I'm outside the confort zone If I may refer to it this way from Romania specifically. I received a couple of codes and they all work. Make sure you input them using your xbox not the online xbox.com service.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've typed the code into my Xbox.com profile and it worked flawlessly, so I can confirm that this method is valid... dunno what problem these malfunctioning codes reported here have...

In the past, I saw some support guys over Xbox.com forums offer their help to solve issues with unusable codes obtained through other promotions, so maybe legal residents could seek help to redeem their points...

[quote name='Aerc']I've got about 4k from this and I won 1600 from the John Carter dashboard contest[/QUOTE]

I won in the John Carter sweepstakes also (1200 points) but I have a question for you. How did you win 1600 points when the prizes were only 1200 points? They only gave away 333 grand prizes at 1200 points each. Just curious how you won 1600 in this contest?

Source: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/disneys-john-carter-sweeps

Three hundred thirty three (333) Grand Prizes: 1,200 Microsoft Points. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize is $15. Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $4,995.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Finally figured out how to work this promo. I'm winning every entry now :)[/QUOTE]

Share?

[quote name='Pwny']From what i recall, a bing 100 msp exploit that gave many users thousand of msp were perma banned for marketplace theft..[/QUOTE]

Trying to find evidence of this somewhere around the interwebs and coming up short. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Until I'm told otherwise I hesitate to use any more of my emails.

[quote name='Markew001']Trying to find evidence of this somewhere around the interwebs and coming up short. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Until I'm told otherwise I hesitate to use any more of my emails.[/QUOTE]

There are point exploits every few months. Noone ever gets banned. :roll:

[quote name='aspower']I won, but my code doesn't work. Very odd.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. It said an error occurred during the transaction.

I won 160MP the other day. Also the code won't work on xbox.com, but it works when you enter it on the dashboard redeem. That's the only thing I won since playing. So far been winless.

Where can you enter your winning codes?
xbox.com doesnt work,
I tried going to the redeem code under settings on dashboard, wont work.
Also, hitting xbox button and going to redeem code doesnt work.
Edit: Giving 5 160 MSP codes (800 MSP) to first person who can tell me how to properly redeem them.
Edit 2: When entering I get status code 80153417: I found "The above mentioned Error Code do indicate that you have passed the maximum limit of promotional PPCs on the affected account. Also its frequent when you have added more than 10.000 microsoft points in the previous 6 Months."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Artrigis']Where can you enter your winning codes?
xbox.com doesnt work,
Edit: Giving 5 160 MSP codes (800 MSP) to first person who can tell me how to properly redeem them.
Edit 2: When entering I get status code 80153417: I found "The above mentioned Error Code do indicate that you have passed the maximum limit of promotional PPCs on the affected account. Also its frequent when you have added more than 10.000 microsoft points in the previous 6 Months."[/QUOTE]

try on another gamertag, if some code works there - you obviously have reached some limit for promo codes.

[quote name='Artrigis']Where can you enter your winning codes?
xbox.com doesnt work,
Edit 2: When entering I get status code 80153417: I found "The above mentioned Error Code do indicate that you have passed the maximum limit of promotional PPCs on the affected account. Also its frequent when you have added more than 10.000 microsoft points in the previous 6 Months."[/QUOTE]

thanks dude

We're sorry...
An error has occurred. Click below to learn how Windows Phones makes everyday faster.

anyone else get this?

Thanks for the info and the web link.

Just did this on my 2 Xbox live accounts and each won on 1st entries only. Attempted to email friends to get more entries but that did not work so not gonna post to Face to see if that would work.

Will try the contest tomorrow but if there are no wins, might mean that each account only gets 1 song for the contest. Anyone able to confirm if there are multiple wins on same accounts?

entering code on xbox.com worked fine for me - if you are copy/pasting from email, make sure there are no extra spaces before or after the code.

So I managed to hit that error code and that makes me a sad panda :(
Does that mean I can never use promotional codes (like this contest and Bing) ever again?

Oh well, I can still use these codes as currency to trade.

[quote name='Cipher Peon']So I managed to hit that error code and that makes me a sad panda :(
Does that mean I can never use promotional codes (like this contest and Bing) ever again?

Oh well, I can still use these codes as currency to trade.[/QUOTE]

How many points did it take for you to "hit the wall?"

bread's done
Back