Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am now obsessed with hunting for these guys, but there's only a few I actually want to buy. Since last week I've gotten Wolverine (my first one, a gift for the wife), Symbiote Spider-Man, Optimus Prime, and an Indiana Jones that will probably end up being repainted into something else. If anyone wants Moff Tarkin the Toys R Us here seems to have stockpiled all of them, along with about a dozen Punishers.

[quote name='emg28']One of the Targets in my area put out all their SW MMs on the floor. They had all the "Target exclusive" MMs on the shelves by the registers.

Deadpool. :drool:[/quote]

I was just about to post this too.

Check by the registers guys, they have an endcap full of the new SW Exclusive Muggs.

My local Target just put out a new batch of the 'exclusive' Star Wars muggs (Bossk, Teebo, Biggs, etc)

Didn't have much money on me so I got my Shock Trooper which I regret passing up during the 8.99 sale, and also grabbed Bossk. Should I go back and grab Teebo and Biggs? Are those the 'rare' ones? Or should I have a relatively easy time finding them to complete my wave collection sometime down the road?

Picked up Megatron from the Wilsonville, OR store today after work. They also had Bumble Bee, but the box was a little too beat up for my taste. Someone else must've bought Optimus and Soundwave. They also had 9 Punishers and 3 Jigsaws.

[quote name='ryosnk']I hope toys r us doesn't become the exclusive might mugg seller. I prefer target since I have two near by me and the tru always have weak supply of mighty muggs and its abit far from me.[/quote]

You can all be graciously happy about one thing: the exclusive retailer didn't end up being Urban Outfitters. That would have been a $20 bullet right between the eyes of MM collecting as we know it.

[quote name='Kerig']You can all be graciously happy about one thing: the exclusive retailer didn't end up being Urban Outfitters. That would have been a $20 bullet right between the eyes of MM collecting as we know it.[/QUOTE]

You have a valid point, but still, I think I'd rather pay more if every store carried all the different lines of Muggs. I've called every TRU within 10 miles of my house and none of them carry Marvel Muggs (the only ones I collect), so I'll be boned if they don't have every store carry them.

If Muggs become exclusive, wouldn't it make sense that we will see a dramatic increase in the number carried at Toys R Us? People are freaking out about not being able to find them, but as the only place they're sold I would assume that the shelf space dedicated to them, as well as the variety at each store will also improve. Unless this is Hasbro's polite way of killing off the line without causing the small group of die-hard Mugg fans to riot and burn down their HQ ...

The fact they'll be "exclusive" at TRU and online and the fact that it's apparent the GI Joe line and Transformer lines already are lifelined, I can assume that Muggs are coming to meet their unfortunate demise.

The majority of the new Star Wars ones, if not all, are online exclusive, and that is definitely not good news for the future of this line. I think we got another year for them but it doesn't look that good for the longevity. Marvel and SW sell awesomely to collectors, but I don't know how long they'll keep catering to them exclusively.

[quote name='dg7md']The fact they'll be "exclusive" at TRU and online and the fact that it's apparent the GI Joe line and Transformer lines already are lifelined, I can assume that Muggs are coming to meet their unfortunate demise.

The majority of the new Star Wars ones, if not all, are online exclusive, and that is definitely not good news for the future of this line. I think we got another year for them but it doesn't look that good for the longevity. Marvel and SW sell awesomely to collectors, but I don't know how long they'll keep catering to them exclusively.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much covers it.

Sucks, but I'll get all of my precious Marvel ones while I can.

[quote name='dg7md']The fact they'll be "exclusive" at TRU and online and the fact that it's apparent the GI Joe line and Transformer lines already are lifelined, I can assume that Muggs are coming to meet their unfortunate demise.

The majority of the new Star Wars ones, if not all, are online exclusive, and that is definitely not good news for the future of this line. I think we got another year for them but it doesn't look that good for the longevity. Marvel and SW sell awesomely to collectors, but I don't know how long they'll keep catering to them exclusively.[/quote]

Agreed! ON the other hand that's fine with me also it has become to much of an obsession with me lately. I was out of collecting (well figures of any kind) for some time until the muggs started.

the ONLY thing we can hope for (and this is a big hope) is that the muggs can survive through the rest of this year.

next year, hasbro won't be as aggressive with toys for the joe movie, transformers movie and wolverine movie. so if muggs can survive as exclusives or online-only through this product-packed time period, a low-cost line like muggs might be an easy thing for them to resurrect in stores.

but it's certainly more likely that muggs won't survive as exclusives or online-only product and nobody at hasbro will ever revisit them.

[quote name='HydroX']
Didn't have much money on me so I got my Shock Trooper which I regret passing up during the 8.99 sale, and also grabbed Bossk. Should I go back and grab Teebo and Biggs? Are those the 'rare' ones? Or should I have a relatively easy time finding them to complete my wave collection sometime down the road?[/quote]

I've been wondering the same thing. I've only been able to find biggs at one store so far, but there were about 10 of them at that one store, so I passed.

Huzzah! My Peter Parker arrived in the mail today, and I just got word that the new Marvel Wave just shipped from HasbroToyShop. With them, my Marvel collection is complete!....until the new ones come out, and I begin the hunt anew.

[quote name='kitlink']I've been wondering the same thing. I've only been able to find biggs at one store so far, but there were about 10 of them at that one store, so I passed.[/quote]

Yea I've seen Biggs at a few stores by me but the only time I saw a Teebo is when I grabbed him up, I had a feeling it was then or never and his paint job was nearly perfect.

Walmart had Indiana Jones series 2 for $6.00. Don't remeber names sorry but the only two they had were (some crazy lookin guy with horns) and (some arabic ninja lookin guy, kinda assassin creed in all black).

If anyone wants me to pick these up, PM me. Otherwise check the 'forever moving around the store' toy clearance section.

I'm getting upset I still cant find any destro, barraness, and tf muggs within Chicago. Has anyone in Chicago been able to find them and if so where? Also, any hasbro codes?

[quote name='ryosnk']I'm getting upset I still cant find any destro, barraness, and tf muggs within Chicago. Has anyone in Chicago been able to find them and if so where? Also, any hasbro codes?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the TF have moved east yet. I have yet to find them anywhere in Michigan.

Stopped by my local Target by work to do my daily Monday rounds, and I found it funny somebody put 2 Duke muggs with the Tarkin/Hoth Solo ones (have been there forever), leaving Cobra Commander all by his lonesome self.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I don't know if the TF have moved east yet. I have yet to find them anywhere in Michigan.[/quote]

They've come to NY though. Picked up a lone Bumblebee at my local TRU. I haven't checked KMart though since they jack up their Mugg prices.

I got my Soundwave today from K-mart. They had an empty spot on the shelf tagged for Transformers MMs, but nothing was there. I finally realized they were probably too lazy to put the stock out they received, so I called them on it today.

Waited about 15 minutes after finally getting an employee at all, and he finally came out from the back with one of each in his hands. They're stocked on the shelf now, sans Soundwave :)

My MM quest is now complete at 3 for the foreseeable future unless I stumble upon a Venom.

[quote name='Hostile']I know they're unbelievably cute/awesome but are they actually useful?[/QUOTE]

This might just be me, but what use do any non-electric toys have?

They're just awesome is all.

[quote name='Hostile']I know they're unbelievably cute/awesome but are they actually useful?[/quote]

Uh, toys have to be "useful"? I'd say to anybody over 12 years old that no toys are "useful".

Let me rephrase the question. Are they good to use to drink out of or can I put stuff in the mugs (like money)? or is all you're using it for is to collect it on a shelf?

[quote name='Hostile']Let me rephrase the question. Are they good to use to drink out of or can I put stuff in the mugs (like money)? or is all you're using it for is to collect it on a shelf?[/QUOTE]

Collecting.

These things aren't mugs. They're "muggs". They don't open up or anything to hold my warm coffee, They just stand there, looking bad ass like a pimp.

[quote name='advanced']Collecting.

These things aren't mugs. They're "muggs". They don't open up or anything to hold my warm coffee, They just stand there, looking bad ass like a pimp.[/quote]

Tell that to Grand Moff Tarkin, my chicken-noodle soup bowl of the gods. Just have to get over the foul stench he produces.

[quote name='Wooten']Tell that to Grand Moff Tarkin, my chicken-noodle soup bowl of the gods. Just have to get over the foul stench he produces.[/QUOTE]

Correction:

Wooten has the only mugg that is a mug.
:D

Thinkin about gettin out of the collecting business. If anyone is interested in getting them, I will probably sell them for $8 not including shipping. They are all mint and I will have a list up

[quote name='yukafls']Thinkin about gettin out of the collecting business. If anyone is interested in getting them, I will probably sell them for $8 not including shipping. They are all mint and I will have a list up[/QUOTE]

I'm game for some Marvel Muggs. I'm probably missing 1/3 of them.

Do you guys leave them all unopened?

I open all of mine and display them. But I do save the boxes.

[quote name='Rodimus']Do all you guys leave them all unopened?

I open all of mine and display them. But I do save the boxes.[/quote]

I started out opening them as soon as I got them home, but I quickly ran out of room to display them in. Now, I stack the others like Unassuming does.

I have Thor, (My favorite Mugg) OG Captain America, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine out in the open while the others are trapped in their boxes.

kdk_0005.jpg

[quote name='Rodimus']Do you guys leave them all unopened?

I open all of mine and display them. But I do save the boxes.[/QUOTE]

I open all of mine, only display a few. The rest get packed in the boxes nice and neat. I'm buying a shelf soon for 'em to be under my (soon to be new) TV.

Edit: Just got my Jigsaw/Punisher set from Darthjer, Thanks Darthjer!, so that isn't entirely true. I might wait to open them, but the urge is hard to resist!

bread's done
Back