Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yukafls']Go to wal mart and buy a visa gift card, thats how I make my online purchases[/quote]

I have never thought of that, does it work basically as a giftcard does on most other sites?

[quote name='Furashu']punisher INSTOCK at TRU.com

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20mugg&origkw=mighty%20mugg&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

go go go for all u who were hunting!

not gonna buy one myself..[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been kicking myself for missing it that last couple of times he was in stock. And I've been driving around to so many toysrus with no success. Finally nabbed one. Cool.

Oh and the Megatron looks really sick. Too bad about them cancelling Starscream and Jazz. Those really looked nice.. maybe the best Transformers MM yet. The ones from the upcoming X-Men line are meh.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I have never thought of that, does it work basically as a giftcard does on most other sites?[/quote]

Yep, just enter the 16 digit number and select visa as payment type. Works every time

[quote name='yukafls']Yep, just enter the 16 digit number and select visa as payment type. Works every time[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for letting me know about that. I always am bummed when deals are online only but now I am glad to see that I can finally have a way to get them!

Are Muggs still on sale at Target? Was it the 9th I think?

If so I am gonna check out a few to see if I can find a Baroness and Destro, those look awesome.

[quote name='dg7md']Are Muggs still on sale at Target? Was it the 9th I think?

If so I am gonna check out a few to see if I can find a Baroness and Destro, those look awesome.[/quote]

Still on sale as of today, bought a 2-faced Vader and Darth Maul for $8.99 each.

I just picked up Dr. Doom and Captain Rex from walmart online. I really have no rhyme or reason on collecting these. At first it was just GI Joes and the new transformers now I've moved to anything I think is Fly. These things are a gateway drug back into collecting !!!!

[quote name='Salamando3000']Walmart.com has a lot of muggs on clearance - many for under 8. Shipping for most can be free using site-to-store, or only 97 cents. Might be worth checking out to get extras for customs or to fill some holes in a collection.[/quote]

Why would they drop the price for Mutt and Monkey Man, but not Mola Ram? He was in stock when I check earlier, still $10.97...

I couldn't find any of the Indy Muggs on clearance localy.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']I just picked up Dr. Doom and Captain Rex from walmart online. I really have no rhyme or reason on collecting these. At first it was just GI Joes and the new transformers now I've moved to anything I think is Fly. These things are a gateway drug back into collecting !!!![/quote]

Transformers/GI Joes are the gateway drug, these are more like heroine.

[quote name='FluxDF']Why would they drop the price for Mutt and Monkey Man, but not Mola Ram? He was in stock when I check earlier, still $10.97...

I couldn't find any of the Indy Muggs on clearance localy.[/QUOTE]

mine had mola ram and cairo swordsman if you are looking for those. they are like 7-8 bucks a piece last i checked. let me know if you would me to pick them up for you.

anyone else notice that the ebay listings are getting like no hits?

Not trolling, serious question. What's the appeal of Mighty Muggs? I mean it's like having a South Park version of your favorite character... why not just get a proper looking figure?

Are the current target exclusive Muggs only available at target? Is there somewhere online that I can order them?

Neither of the 2 targets in my area have gotten them yet :bomb:

[quote name='SL4IN']Are the current target exclusive Muggs only available at target? Is there somewhere online that I can order them?

Neither of the 2 targets in my area have gotten them yet :bomb:[/QUOTE]

i have complete set of target exclusives for trade cml for the list.

also, http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10902853 is a link to 4 of them for 28.88 free site to store.
hulk, iron man, dr. doom, sybiote spiderman. not bad breaks down to 7.22 each.

Ugh...you know I check the Muggs out all the time. And I drag myself away from the toy aisle before I buy any.

And I was at Target today and I saw Cobra Commander and I literally had to drag myself away by the collar.

That thing is so damn cool, but I just can't justify paying over $10 for it then feeling obligated to buy more.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I saw Cobra Commander and I literally had to drag myself away by the collar.[/quote]

How would you feel about it if I told you doing a price-scan would have shown him to be only $8.99? They're secretly on sale at Target for at least another week (still no solid confirmation on the end date).

Don't feel obligated to buy any more than the one you love. I've had Iron Man for months and more recently Wolverine, but that's it. I look at all of them every time I'm in the store as well, but I only have my sights set out for a very select few. I carried Galactus around TRU for half an hour the one and only time I've ever seen him. I abandoned him in the electronics aisle, and have regretted it ever since...

[quote name='Kerig']How would you feel about it if I told you doing a price-scan would have shown him to be only $8.99? They're secretly on sale at Target for at least another week (still no solid confirmation on the end date).

Don't feel obligated to buy any more than the one you love. I've had Iron Man for months and more recently Wolverine, but that's it. I look at all of them every time I'm in the store as well, but I only have my sights set out for a very select few. I carried Galactus around TRU for half an hour the one and only time I've ever seen him. I abandoned him in the electronics aisle, and have regretted it ever since...[/quote]

But that's the thing, I love the lot of them.

Iron Man
Galactus
Silver Surfer
Wolverine
Hulk
Optimus Prime

If I buy one, then I would feel obligated to buy more. I just can't do that especially when I'm saving up to go back to school. In the end, I'm paying for something to just on my desk that serves no real purpose other than to feed my geekdom.

Currently I just want a Boba Fett and Soundwave. I'm hoping more of Vaders Bounty Hunters get released, since I finally found a Bossk.

i actually saw them advertised on sale the other day on an end cap with a gigantic 8.99 toy sale with a bunch of other stuff. forgot to grab the dates.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Not trolling, serious question. What's the appeal of Mighty Muggs? I mean it's like having a South Park version of your favorite character... why not just get a proper looking figure?[/quote]

Ever heard of creative aesthetic design?

[quote name='UjnHunter']Not trolling, serious question. What's the appeal of Mighty Muggs? I mean it's like having a South Park version of your favorite character... why not just get a proper looking figure?[/quote]
Same as all other collectible crap. I just like the way they look. The 'chibi' version of so many icons appeals to me.

I was into vinyl for a while but that's a harder habit to break than Muggs. I mean, have you seen the kidrobot Simpsons toys? Those things are shit hot! But...too expensive for my blood. Muggs are a good cost/product ratio for me.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got my Transformers Muggs....They're fucking sweet...I'll see if I can post pics later.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get them at?

BigBadToyStore.com

Looks like they're on backorder now till sometime in March.

Hasbrotoyshop.com has them in stock along with the new Marvel wave but also shipping in March.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Same as all other collectible crap. I just like the way they look. The 'chibi' version of so many icons appeals to me.

I was into vinyl for a while but that's a harder habit to break than Muggs. I mean, have you seen the kidrobot Simpsons toys? Those things are shit hot! But...too expensive for my blood. Muggs are a good cost/product ratio for me.[/quote]

I agree with the kidrobot Simpsons toys. Only problem is that they're randomized so you don't know what you're buying. Plus, the only place I know that has them sells them for $8 which is the same price as a Mugg and about 1/5 the size.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I agree with the kidrobot Simpsons toys. Only problem is that they're randomized so you don't know what you're buying. Plus, the only place I know that has them sells them for $8 which is the same price as a Mugg and about 1/5 the size.[/QUOTE]

THIS!

i'm a huge simpsons nut. hell, i'd even pay the $8 for one if it weren't blindboxed. but the combination of high price and blindboxing totally turned me off to these guys. i'm much happier with muggs.

my appeal is the simplicity. more realistic figures have details and articulation... and it all usually comes at the expense of the overall look or low prices. since the muggs are much more stylized and simple, the prices stay (relatively) low and the look is clean, consistent and creative.

i see muggs more as artwork than i do as toys. i'm not building realistic dioramas or anything, i'm displaying abstract representations of the things that i enjoy. plus, as i've said, my intent is to pass the little guys onto my son. muggs are more kid-friendly than your standard star wars figure. maybe not as he gets older, but i'll feel very comfortable handing muggs (sans lightsabers) over to him within a couple years.

I think the mighty muggs look awesome but I am very late to the game (I don't actually have any yet.) I am primarily interested in the Marvel ones. Any advise to someone starting out collecting them?

[quote name='blackandbluehero']the last day of the target temporary price cut is monday 2/9.[/quote]

I find it unusual they call it a "temporary price cut" and not a "sale". Whatever the case though, I am determined to find Destro and Baroness before the 9th! They've been released on BBTS.com and are shipping now but at 18 a piece, not including shipping, is completely ridiculous. None of the Joes are going to be difficult to find in stores, I've seen floods of all 4 so far and expect to see equal doses of these 2 when stores get more of them in supply.

Maybe it's just my location, but the newer Mugg waves just aren't that difficult to find anymore. Granted, as long as you get them before the next wave comes out. Not to mention they appear to be readily available at Hasbro's site aside from a few hot ones, Revan for example.

Stopped by Target yesterday and found just 1 new Mugg they didn't have two days ago, Biggs Darklighter. Granted I picked it up for my brother, since I don't collect any Muggs and only own 1 (Indy), someone else must've scooped up the others from the wave.

Is there any confirmation the Target's $8.99 price really will end on the 9th?

Not saying I dont believe you blackandblue hero, but you should know how CAGs work, we love proof! haha

I picked up the Darth Vader with the turn around mask recently.

I am looking for a General Grevious at the Target 9 dollar price.... no luck!

[quote name='RMThompson']I picked up the Darth Vader with the turn around mask recently.

I am looking for a General Grevious at the Target 9 dollar price.... no luck![/QUOTE]

i think i can find it but shipping would essentially kill it. let me know though.

[quote name='McWeen']I think the mighty muggs look awesome but I am very late to the game (I don't actually have any yet.) I am primarily interested in the Marvel ones. Any advise to someone starting out collecting them?[/quote]

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of advice. I see you're in Michigan so my best advice is - stay outta my way! :twisted:

Check out the Walmart link above, those are some pretty good prices if you can get site-to-store. Target seems to be the best for B&M shopping as far as selection and the temporary price cut. Also try Walmart/Kmart because I'm not sure how many people shop for these there. If you're willing to spend extra $$$ though, Urban Outfitters sells them in store for $20 each which is pretty much double what anyone else does, but they've also got a nice selection.

Man I've never seen a revan or general grievous in the wild. I guess it's time to hunt for those. Just got a Dr. Doom and Capt. Rex today from walmart. Man we need to get a mighty muggs trade thing going..... lol

bread's done
Back