(Mini-Con)test: Win Transformers (PS2) from CheapAssGamer! [CONTEST OVER]

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is your chance to win the new PS2 Transformers game that comes out May 11, 2004.

To enter, post your entry in this thread and tell us who is your favorite Transformer and why.
It can be from any Transformers series.
The winning entry will be chose at random.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Monday, April 19th at 11:59PM.

Check out my hands-on preview here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117325#117325

Optimus-Prime_400.jpg

my favorite transformer is optimus prime or megatron, but probably optimus since all my cousins liked him. They got me into transformers and GI joes when I was little.

My first choice would be Jazz or Blaster. Jazz looked the coolest in the car form back then, and blaster for the same reasons people liked Soundwave, those little casettes.

It's funny to see how one of those cassette transformers (Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, etc) can always hold off an autobot 5 times it's size by themselves.

Of course it has to be the hardest transformer of them all, Optimus Prime, he had it all, the smarts, the courage. In the transformers movie he nearly whipped all the decepticons by himself if not for Hot Rod interfering. Then in the episode the return of optimus prime, he saves the whole world from that alien plague. I mean what other transformer does it like O Prime, thats right none of em, O Prime was definitely the best.

My favorite transformer was Razorclaw of the Predacons. As the de facto leader if the band he was one of the more fomridable deceptions to come along and his sonic sword made him a force to be reackoned with.

My favorite transformer is that red and yellow car one. I have no idea what it was called but I remember changing from car to person and back again over and over when I was little.

Jazz was my favorite. He always said cool little rhymes, he was a Porche, and he had the grappling in his right arm that he always used to rescue people. I'm just sad that I never got his toy [sob, sob]. Maybe getting the Transformers Game will make up for it. :lol:

Dont know if I can say that I have a favorite Transformer, but I did so love AutoBot Jazz, voiced by Scatman Crothers. He was so cool.

Voltron!! Nothing cooler than 1 giant robot splitting into 5 big robot tigers!!.....

Umm..... Starscream, because he was such a backstabbing brownnoser... the only one with a believable personality.

Super Fire Convoy

This guy was a jpn exlusive a few years back but thanks to TF being more popular in the states they braught him over, along with The new ultra Maqnus. They can hook up together and make an even bigger guy. The ultra magnus and combined TF isn't as cool as just Super Fire Convoy. I got SFC the first time I saw him at TRU. I was so glad they brought him state side. Other wise I would have had to spend at least 80 bucks on him.

Optimus Prime because I had the truck with 3 different buttons and I used to rap mix the "I'm Optimus Prime" button and think I was all cool when I was like ten, my parents would want to kill me by the end.

My favorite has got to be Omega Supreme. He's the biggest and baddest of all the autobots, plus he had a really cool background story as well.

My pick would have to be Cheetor! He was so awesome in that he never took anything seriously (even when Optimus yelled at him), but he always knew what he was doing. He was also kinda cocky (like me), and only really fought when he felt he had to. Cheetor is my pick because he is the Transformer I related to most when I was a kid, so winning the Transformers game would be a really nice, and nostalgic experience.

The WildWop Transformer CHAMP Award goes to:

Starscream.

-voiced by Cobra Commander, how can you beat that?
-killed numerous autobots in the movie [I remember seeing it when I was little, jaw dropping to the floor, since up until then the lasers everyone shot would only put a burn mark on their chest, not a GAPING HOLE]
-went out like a champ, with a crown on his head
-"spark" came back to wreak havoc in Beast Wars

The WildWop Transformer CHUMP Award goes to:

Rodimus Prime.

-Was so lame as the leader, they had to go retrieve those four-faced tentacle things to rebuild Optimus
-Looked like a minivan with flames painted on it
-Used to be cool as Hot Rod, then just a tool

Unicron, though technically not a transformer per se, he was the coolest bot out there. The transformers movie is probably one of my favorite movies, and the transformer makes it so. Behind him would probably be silverbolt. Beast Wars was a great show, and silverbolt just added to the greatness.

barieuph ^_^

Rodimus Prime has to be my alltime favoite. I didnt quite care for him as simple old hotrod, but when he became rodimus prime it was a different story. He had a certain human element to him when he became leader. He didnt always know what would be best for the autobots, he had a lot of internal conflicts..... in other words he seemed to fall to what we call "human error" even as a robot.

Starscream from Gen 1, cause he's a nasty double crosser. Also cause he's voiced by Chris Latta, the same as Cobra Commander. He's got such a scraggaly voice.

Has to be Starscream. The most plotting and truly evil of all the characters on the show. Starscream not only was involved in trying to bring down the Autobots, he also had plans of his own to one day bring down the evil Megatron. Megatron was a badass that didn't care who or what got in his way, he just plowed through everyone with his brute force. Starscream though was conniving and smart about his plans. There was that element which Megatron never had. Secondly, his voice work was great. Chris Latta brought a very unique personality to all his characters on the show but none more than the obvioulsy different voice of Starscream.

Aaron Soule

soundwave. you cant top his cool voice, the fact that he was a boombox and the tapes that popped out of his chest and were also able to transform...

If i have to say one it'll be Optimus, but the only real reason for watching the show was to hear the transformation noise.

Starscream - He was a two faced liar that would double cross anyone to achieve his goals. He always made the storyline interesting.

Soundwave is my favorite, no doubt. Why? Because he's a blue boombox and was the first transformer I ever got! On top of that, he's a loyal follower, shows no emotion, and kicks some serious butt. Not only did he have those cool cassettes that could pop out of his chest but he also have a lil flip and 50 cent cassettes too WHAT? I got a S on my chest WHAT?

Soundwave is my favorite, no doubt. Why? Because he's a blue boombox On top of that, he's a loyal follower, shows no emotion, and kicks some serious butt. Back when it was all getting started, who didn't want that blue boom-box bot with the cassettes that transformed into a cheetah & hawk!
Tossing cassettes outta his chest and bringin the beats to tha street! Man .Not only did he have those cool cassettes that could pop out of his chest but he is a good dancer too

Soundwave had the coolest toy as a kid--I loved that it looked just like a tape player *and* they had the really cool mini-Decepticons that were tapes that transformed into a warbird and a panther. I spent hours with those. Next on the list would be the construction crew ones that all built up into one big Transformer....

I was always partial to the insecticons. They didn't get a lot of face time but I had Venom and he was cool as hell. Who needs to go outside when you can kick some imaginary ass in the comfort of your own home?

Ive always been partial to the combaticons/Bruticus. I had an army career in the early to mid 90s and my fiancee, as a gag, got me the entire group from ebay. scores of memories from my childhood came back. I was always fascinated by military toys and the combaticons were no exception. I liked the fact that the combaticons were just bit more stronger than Devastator and much more brutal than megatron. plus, the fact that they were sprung from a decepticon prison speaks volumes. the decepticons were a warrior race, right? well then..what the hell did they do to merit being locked up in a prison? something that mustve really freaked megatron id wager.

Starscream!!!!....the only Transformer who actually succeded at doing what he wanted taking over the Decepticons yeah for all but 5 minuets but still.

Also the other big transformers where kinda embarassing. He's far better then the 2 leaders

Prime...Heroic Leader...more like Robotic Punching Bag. Every big fight with megatron he got his ass handed to him, even at one point literally. (remeber when the decepticons scatered primes parts all over the city). He got his ass handed to him in the final battle. Megatron Still "functioned" prime died.

Megatron...yeah he killed prime but all he did was bitch and moan, trying to be sneaky.(40 or so ft robots being sneaky?!) I never understood or how a 40 or so ft robot turns into a gun that sometimes fits in the hand of a human or Starscream. Yeah tunr into a gun and go into the hands of the one person who wants to kill you.

My favorite was Starscream. He was more of a badass than Megatron, although even a bigger dumbass. He was always trying to figure out how to not only beat the Autobots, but how to overthrow Megatron in the process. He was always in it for himself and no one else.

Wheeljack has to be my all time favorite because his often crazy contraptions and ideas have saved all of the Autobots asses on multiple occasions. Come on now, he helped create the dinobots and helped activate the replicator for the anti-rust stuff that was created.

All the Transformers were awesome! The originals, 2nd Gen, and Dinobots. From the cartoon, I'd pick Grimlock. Grimlock was just too funny! Soundwave was cool too, with all his little minons. I had Jazz and RedAlert as a kid. From a collector's perspective, I'd pick Megatron. I hope Atari makes it available on the Cube later; maybe as a two-disc collector's edition, thanks!

I've read like every post & I'm amazed no one has mentioned this guy,

Shockwave.JPG

shockwave is so freaking cool. Just not as cool as Super Fire convy. Close though

My favorite would have to be Starscream.He just stood out because no plan was Starscream proof and if you think about it he had no real loyalty to anybody but himself.I also like him because he even screwed up in other Transformer shows like Beast Wars.He is hands down the greatest Transformer ever.

bread's done
Back