Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

I was just at the store in Bailey's Crossroads, VA and watched a father and his son get denied trying to trade in a perfectly fine, boxed 20GB launch console. She said the UPC wasn't showing up in the system and wouldn't budge about it, saying "they won't accept first generation 360s.." I felt bad for them because the manager was clearly just being a jerk about it. They said they would just go down the road to GameStop to trade it in, but don't bother if you are trying anything on the shady side of things at this store.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the best place to trade-in a Xbox 360 S 250gb? These are what I found out so far:

Gamestop + 30% = $91

Amazon = $80.12

Best Buy = $100

Any more? I rather not use Ebay or Craiglist.

Just traded in my old 60gb Xbox 360 (system, HD, controller, cables and power brick included) and 11 super old games for the 100% bonus trade in boost, and walked away with a $134 gift card. :) Going to trade in for kindle gift cards so I can use as Amazon credit instead. Super excited! I had mine like-new in the box, so they didn't even bother turning it on or hooking it up. *shrug* This was at the Best Buy on the west side of Madison, WI. The employee told me they had dozens of these things traded in just today, this deal is catching on fast.

Saw this thread and decided its time to part ways with my arcade edition 360. Trade in value was a whopping $1 . They had no idea about the promotion. I had to tell the employees myself. Went through fine without a hitch. Shame that some douchebags are trading in broken consoles though. Please don't ruin this for the honest people out there. Thank you very much for the heads up! After this and the 200 credit for my gen 1 iPad that I got at target I'm always loving CAG.

What's the best place to trade-in a Xbox 360 S 250gb? These are what I found out so far:

Gamestop + 30% = $91

Amazon = $80.12

Best Buy = $100

50% at GameStop with a coupon. PS4 Steal of the Week this week or XBox One next week.

Gamestop + 30% = $91

Amazon = $80.12

Best Buy = $100

I was considering using Amazon a few days ago, but all I've read are horror stories about how people get their system rejected for no reason, and returned in horrible condition; missing cables or controllers they sent, cracked cases, defective systems, and even returns where the system serial numbers are different. I've had a few issues with trade-ins at Amazon this year involving them returning games they broke to me. If they broke the console, not only would I be losing the trade-in value, but also I would be unable to play the games I have, and would have to buy a new one.

I'd really recommend Best Buy or Gamestop, since it's in person, and if they refuse you should get 'your' system back in the condition you brought it in.

poweruprewards.com
Ok thanks.

----

Also I'm pretty new with Best Buy and their trade-ins. Would anyone mind answering:

1. What do I need for the Xbox 360 trade in?
  2. Could I use the $100 BB gift card and just buy a Amazon GC for $100 with it?
  3. How does the 100% bonus trade-in work for games? Just anything listed on their site is automatically 100% bonus added?

Sweet, traded in my 360 minus controller and HD for the $100 giftcard. It was a MW2 LE, but I needed the HD for (hopefully) the 360 I'll be grabbing from Walmart on BF. They ended up entering it as a generic model after some encouragement from me to just run it as a generic elite, and I was able to keep the controller (they dock your initial amount received, but it bumps back up to $100 regardless). The only issue is models that are so low in value that the lack of a controller will negate the entire trade (example - launch 360 minus controller won't work)

Ok thanks.

----

Also I'm pretty new with Best Buy and their trade-ins. Would anyone mind answering:

3. How does the 100% bonus trade-in work for games? Just anything listed on their site is automatically 100% bonus added?

1. It really depends, some people have said they just traded in the console and power brick.

2. Yes

3. It basically doubles the base value.

If the item is worth a 5$ trade-in it becomes 10$.

Ok thanks.

----

1. Most CAGs don't do any Best Buy console trade-ins and they all vary, so no real answer. Console + necessities like controller, cables, and power brick, I guess.

2. Yes.

3. It should work automatically, but always ask before signing. They've removed bonuses for a few hours at a time and people have lost a good amount of gift credit that way. Everything in the search gets that base + that base times percentage.

Just came back from successfully trading a 20GB Arcade. They needed everything from me: power cord, AVs, controller, HDD, and system. Base was $10 and promo added $90.

The only issue is models that are so low in value that the lack of a controller will negate the entire trade (example - launch 360 minus controller won't work)
I was regretting parting with a controller I didn't need to but seeing this makes me feel better as my system was worth $10.

Anyone have any clue what possessed BB to do something like this? Seems like a huge loss for them.

I was regretting parting with a controller I didn't need to but seeing this makes me feel better as my system was worth $10.

Anyone have any clue what possessed BB to do something like this? Seems like a huge loss for them.
lol They were actually trying to ruin GameStop.

Backfired.

Two questions:

1. If I have one without an HDD and one with, should I just keep the HDD and trade it in to Gamestop/does it require a HDD.

2. This value I assume does not stack in any way with the Unlocked Membership and it is $100 for anyone regardless and that is it?

If it stacks, then you get like sixty cents at most.

I think it only applies to games anyway.

Two questions:

1. If I have one without an HDD and one with, should I just keep the HDD and trade it in to Gamestop/does it require a HDD.

2. This value I assume does not stack in any way with the Unlocked Membership and it is $100 for anyone regardless and that is it?
I can't answer the second question, but as to the first:

It varies by employee. There's nothing in the terms that states the console must have a HDD, but some employees may require it.

What I did is I brought the HDD but left it in the car in case they required it. They didn't in my case. It was an antique 360 Core that didn't come with one, and they didn't ask for it.

lol They were actually trying to ruin GameStop.

Backfired.
lol well, I mean this promotion specifically.

It definitely depends on the employee/store for the HD. I traded mine in without however I think they would have took it as part of the system if I brought it. Best defense is 'I didn't get a HD with the system', which, in my case, is true.

This has been mentioned something like 20 times already in this thread.
Well there was this:

I think I'll take advantage of this. I still have a 120GB HDD that i'll trade in elsewhere...
Does anyone know if you have an old Core, do you need to include a HDD with it?
They both had no responses, but then this was posted:

Two questions:

It varies by employee. There's nothing in the terms that states the console must have a HDD, but some employees may require it.

What I did is I brought the HDD but left it in the car in case they required it. They didn't in my case. It was an antique 360 Core that didn't come with one, and they didn't ask for it.
but it would be very YMMV.

------------------------------------------
How about instead of being a jackass you try and actually help.

There has been multiple people saying they traded it in without and people saying they traded it with. So I'm not sure why you would be asking for a definite answer when obviously there isn't one.

I have a 250GB XBOX Slim (2nd model, not the newest).  $100 seems nice and easy, but I could probably get more on EBAY if  Iwant to go through the hassle.

Thanks for the info, thread.  Just got back from BB and I no longer have my (purchased in ) 2008 arcade 360.  It was a bundle pack that came with a game and a xbox 256 MB memory card.  I  gave them:

system

AV cable

power brick

controller

memory card (I had literally no use for it since newer models cant use it)

I tried to get them to not take the controller, but my trade in value was only a whopping $0.60 pre-promo.  The gentleman said that the promo would not work without a controller because the value was so low.  I figured it was BS, but there was literally no reason to push it because the deal was still very good.  So i went out to my car and grabbed the controller I was willing to part with.  No I did not need a HD, but I did have a model that did not come with one. (I did have a 20g HD with me just in case because it is almost totally worthless too, but I got to keep it).  I picked up $100 worth in amazon cards and plan to get the walmart 360 on BF.

i feel sorry for people buying ps3, and xbox 360 buying off cowboom now. it is going to be tons of modded, banned, disc-tray stuck, consoles for sale.

anyone know if they test it out with games because i have one that turns on but it has trouble reading games

Traded in my 120GB PS3. Only needed hdmi, power adapter, and controller. They did take some time to check to see if the system worked with a game. Bought some Kindle cards from it.

Waiting for Amazon to get some PS4s in stock :)

I don't understand why everyone is asking if they take RROD or broken systems. They take your information down. If you trade in fuck-ed up systems, THEY HAVE YOUR INFORMATION! I wouldn't even want to chance it. But that's just me I guess.

No way I ditch my 320 slim Mw3 for $100, I dont see how so many people have old arcades and such.

And unless the console is garbage, you wont get a system for $100 anytime soon that you know works. Ive still got 30+ games to play, if you dump the system you probably should dump all your 360 stuff

No way I ditch my 320 slim Mw3 for $100, I dont see how so many people have old arcades and such.

And unless the console is garbage, you wont get a system for $100 anytime soon that you know works. Ive still got 30+ games to play, if you dump the system you probably should dump all your 360 stuff
Well, I bought a 360 about a year after the launch. Had one RROD, and sent it in for replacement. Got an old white Xbox back, and never had problems, so never felt the need to upgrade.

But, now...seeing it next to my PS4/PS3, I definitely want to upgrade to a black 360.

Well lets see I have a 120GB Xbox 360 that I no longer use its an older model and still have some faceplates for it like Final Fantasy XIII, Blue Dragon and Star Ocean: The Last Hope also have an 80GB Limited BC Playstation 3 that I had thought didn't work but it managed to do so since I hardly use it since I have got the PS3 Slim. I definitely will trade these two in so I can get $200 so I can use it at the store on Black Friday. With this money I have a plan but need some opinions about it first. On one hand I can try to get that 500GB PS3 that has Batman Arkham Origins and The Last Of Us for $199 on Black Friday and on the other hand there is the 250GB Xbox 360 BF Bundle that includes Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham City, Halo 4 and Darksiders 2 for $189. Decisions, Decisions. 

They take your info, but what are they going to do with it? I traded in a phat PS3 with a faulty vid card. I talked to the guy. He said they REFURB them before reselling them.

This is what i know

Power on+Controller+Power cable=easy $100. My Xbox 360 had RROD'ed last week, but has been working since. I didn't want to chance it and traded it in before it broke again.

Took about 20 mins and i had 2x$100 GC

bread's done
Back