Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

gonna go send mine in tomorrow will my price go down with no controller?
As said in the thread, some have traded in controllers for $100, some have traded NO controller for $100, some have traded NO controller for $90., some wont have it go through at all with NO controller. Complete crap shoot on your part.

I may have gotten less scrutiny because I ran in 15 minutes before they closed, but the entire transaction with my 2010 Arcade took about 5 minutes. I was asked if I had a HD, but once I pointed out that it had onboard memory and the rep took a look at the machine, he proceeded without any further questions. I handed over everything I had left - the white controller, Microsoft HDMI and ethernet cables, and the power brick. No one even so much as plugged it into a display or any power source, but they have nothing to worry about from me; that machine was in pristine condition without so much as a single external scratch or dust in the fans.

As said in the thread, some have traded in controllers for $100, some have traded NO controller for $100, some have traded NO controller for $90., some wont have it go through at all with NO controller. Complete crap shoot on your part.
That was the only item the rep was insistent about - I HAD TO have a controller in order to get the promo price.

I'm too damn self conscious to try trading in my xbox without a Hard drive or controller.. Like if I tell them I don't have it and they won't take it, I feel like it's gonna be weird as hell going in later with one that I just "Magically" found.. Might just be the good guy and trade in everything they want, no questions asked..

They take your info, but what are they going to do with it? I traded in a phat PS3 with a faulty vid card. I talked to the guy. He said they REFURB them before reselling them.

This is what i know

Power on+Controller+Power cable=easy $100. My Xbox 360 had RROD'ed last week, but has been working since. I didn't want to chance it and traded it in before it broke again.

Took about 20 mins and i had 2x$100 GC

Cream of the crop here, folks.

Seems like they wouldn't be bright enough to check that. I'd love to take advantage of this with my banned 360, but that's a pretty big dick move and I don't think I could do it. I'm just gonna sell it to my brother for $50 once I clear out my digital 360 backlog.
I was thinking of getting a slim, but I was banned for literally no reason, so I'm thinking this is an invitation to just hack the console. Either that or take this opportunity and get the slim for half off.

I was thinking of getting a slim, but I was banned for literally no reason, so I'm thinking this is an invitation to just hack the console. Either that or take this opportunity and get the slim for half off.
Considering the content you post, I don't believe that there was no reason.

Traded in my Fat 360 console tonight.....funny part was that it was so old they were shocked it didn't have an HDMI port and a supervisor had to do the trade-In because it wasn't popping up in their system right

Awesome part was he let me keep the 120g hard drive and Controller so overall very happy......Even spent some of the gift card on Batman Arkham Origins with Steelbook Case (Why didn't I know about The Steelbook Case .....I'm on CAG everyday) but I'll probably return it since it will be half price on BF plus NO XBOX lol

Considering the content you post, I don't believe that there was no reason.
I hadn't used the console for anything except checking messages for well over two months (got bored with it). It happened right after my gold subscription ran out. They didn't send an email about it or anything. Hell, they won't even respond to me on the forums. I was just randomly banned. I was thinking of getting an original Xbox to modify to download SNES roms and stuff onto, but if I don't get unbanned, I may just do it with this, but also get 360 games and whatnot. I don't see any reason not to now. I mean... I'm already banned.

By the way, I highly doubt they check for bans with this deal, so on another note, anyone know if you'd get the $90 if you keep your hard drive? I'd hate to trade that in without transferring my 60+ games, and I don't plan on getting a new system until black Friday at the soonest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since I don't need a controller, I guess I will scour some pawn shops for 2 bricks and 1 av cable since I have 1 already. I have $200 dollars sitting right here.
these are both mine, I never get rid of them because I got more money just selling the cables and brick. One was manufactured on 11/30/05 and the other 3/27/06. Old pieces of shit. One is banned and the other freezes after playing a game for like 15 minutes. If BB wants to give me $200 for that crap, by all means take it.

Well since I don't need a controller, I guess I will scour some pawn shops for 2 bricks and 1 av cable since I have 1 already. I have $200 dollars sitting right here.
these are both mine, I never get rid of them because I got more money just selling the cables and brick. One was manufactured on 11/30/05 and the other 3/27/06. Old pieces of shit. One is banned and the other freezes after playing a game for like 15 minutes. If BB wants to give me $200 for that crap, by all means take it.
when is the last time you turned those on?

when is the last time you turned those on?
4 yrs ago lol. They turn on, I can guarantee that. I just have to find the stuff to turn it on. They don't have the RROD or anything. Just banned and the othere freezes but only while playing a game.

4 yrs ago lol. They turn on, I can guarantee that. I just have to find the stuff to turn it on. They don't have the RROD or anything. Just banned and the othere freezes but only while playing a game.
i would suggest turning it on before going to bestbuy, or you might end up like those on SD, who found out their system console would not turn on at bestbuy. while processing the trade ins. LOL

i would suggest turning it on before going to bestbuy, or you might end up like those on SD, who found out their system console would not turn on at bestbuy. while processing the trade ins. LOL
definitely will. After I get the cables and stuff, I was going to reset everything on it anyways.

They did not even test mine....not that it wasn't working anyway.

i traded my launch 60gb fat PS3. The initial value was only $10......yeah right ;)

Had to go to 3 different Best Buys but i was able to trade in my 80GB FAT PS3 successfully (first 2 best buys i went to didn't do console trade ins). Ps3 kept getting the YLOD and i had to keep fixing it so it's been sitting in my closet for a few months so i was glad to get $100 for it. I found it very funny that the original trade in value was only $6.

I'll be attempting to take in a banned 360, not expecting it to get through.

I will also try a 360 that I repaired. Do they honestly check to see if that warranty sticker is still there?

I will also try a 360 that I repaired. Do they honestly check to see if that warranty sticker is still there?
I doubt you will have any problem trading in the banned 360. All they did was power on the console when i traded mine in and that was it. I was worried they would deny me the trade in when they saw that the warranty sticker was messed with but the girl looked right at it and didn't say anything.

I wonder how many of those trading in broken/red ringed/banned 360 units remember that Best Buy has ALL of your information on file from the trade in, tied to that unit's serial number. It may not affect them for this transaction, but I would love to see them flagged for any future attempts at trading in anything else.

I wonder how many of those trading in broken/red ringed/banned 360 units remember that Best Buy has ALL of your information on file from the trade in, tied to that unit's serial number. It may not affect them for this transaction, but I would love to see them flagged for any future attempts at trading in anything else.
I used to work at their cowboom/dealtree facility, all the consoles end up on pallets and re-tested by workers. The ones that work are then processed and sold on the cowboom website and the others are sent away to be salvaged. Even if you trade in a banned xbox, there is so many that they get lost in the mix so i wouldn't worry too much about it to be honest.

My 360 has a faulty disc drive and doesn't open properly. Think they will still take it? Also when I checked online it said a very low trade in value but this supposedly is different when I take it in store?

My 360 has a faulty disc drive and doesn't open properly. Think they will still take it? Also when I checked online it said a very low trade in value but this supposedly is different when I take it in store?
Correct. As long as you pass their tests (if they even test it), you will be issued a $100 gc.

Banned 360=no problem

No Warranty sticker=they won't notice. If there is residue from a removed one, remove the residue.

They didn't even test the drives at the best buy i went to. I'd definitely say it's tradeable

My 60 GB YLOD'd the other day (PS4 launch day, ironically). I got it working again using hair dryer trick, but afraid that fix won't last long.
I'm sure it works well enough to pass BB's test, but I don't think I can ethically trade it in, even though that money would go directly to a Black Friday PS3 bundle. But man is it tempting!

Traded in PS3 Slim 120gb with some old games and got $113 (This was at Chino,Ca BB btw). Just incase people were wondering, I tried to trade it in without controller and they werent having it, so I had to let it go. Hopefully they don't shut down this deal, I wanna take in my old/extra 360 tomorrow and get another $100.

You guys can bash on SD all you want but there's more than enough assholes in this thread to ruin this deal without that sites help.
I always find it funny when people on here bash SD and then proceed to inform us that they look at that site. How are they any better?

You guys can bash on SD all you want but there's more than enough assholes in this thread to ruin this deal without that sites help.
Even sadder is that if these same people were to buy one of these broken, defective, and/or banned 360s they'd post about how bad of a company Best Buy is, and then wonder how they could allow something like that to be sold.

It's CheapAssGamer, not JackAssGamer.

I don't think those people hate SD. I think it's more of a 'follower's' thing to 'act' like they do.

Hmm, I have an old 20gb, that works fine and everything. Its just missing the USB cover in the front. Wonder if that's enough to deny?

Hmm, I have an old 20gb, that works fine and everything. Its just missing the USB cover in the front. Wonder if that's enough to deny?
Do you mean the whole front face plate, or just that small flip tab? I assume you mean the small flip tap, but just to be sure.

It probably shouldn't be any issue, as that shouldn't affect the performance or ability of the system.

I thought about trading my Elite console, but I always use it as my traveling Xbox for Rock Band/Guitar Hero parties. It works perfectly fine so I'll just keep it. On a side note, I was doing a trade in and this guy never updated his system. He had the original interface with the blades. Brought back so many memories.

Would anyone happen to know if I can buy Walmart gift cards with in-store credit at Best Buy? Thinking about trading in my 20 GB XBox 360 since I never use it anymore, but would rather have the credit in Walmart gift cards.

Thanks in advance. :)

Would anyone happen to know if I can buy Walmart gift cards with in-store credit at Best Buy? Thinking about trading in my 20 GB XBox 360 since I never use it anymore, but would rather have the credit in Walmart gift cards.

Thanks in advance. :)
If your store has Visa giftcards then you can buy those instead. I have yet to see a Best Buy with Walmart giftcards.

Did anyone try trading in 2 systems at once?

Also, what's the cheapest used XBox at Gamestop? I see ones for $120 (none available in my area) and $130. I thought I saw someone say a launch system could be had for $100.

Edit: And was anyone planning on testing to see if this promo is still active. I don't see mention of it on the trade in site

I have a Halo Reach edition 360 that has a faulty disc drive, and no HDD. But that shouldn't matter if powers on, which it does, so it 'works'. However, the factory seal is broken. Not sure whether or not to even bother going to Best Buy to try...

bread's done
Back