Minimum $100 Gift Card for PS3 or XBOX @ BB

I really want to trade in my original 360 elite 120gb even though its banned and I haven't even played it in 2 years but my gf who is now my wife gave it to me on valentines day.should I or should I not trade it in?

I'm tempted to do this but actually would like to upgrade my old launch console for a newer one. My console is SO loud and I have an Ethernet cable running through the floor to the router- would be nice to have that wifi.

Think it's worth it?

If you're planning to upgrade anyways, I think it's definitely worth it. That's why I didn't hesitate in trading in my phat 60gb 360. If I do want another 360 in the future, there's much better options now.

Also, it looks like the 100% trade in bonus for games is over, it's been bumped down to 50%.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does this run? Would like to upgrade older xboxes to the newer models with wifi, etc.

Found it on the website, looks like the 23rd.

Guys, just go to the online trade in estimator, and find your xbox there, and after you finish calculating the value with the options given.

(power brick, seals, controller, etc) they will tell you the old amount.

If it says zero, you won´t get the $100 giftcard, anything over and you get it.

(in store they use the same calculator)

Out of the bat, launch 20gb pro NEED the controller. 

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculator.cfm?category=gaming-hardware

Backlog too big and this generation is too new to warrant a console trade in.

and I'm a gamer. I keep my hardware. In 40 years you'll wish you had kept your ancient Wii and ps3 around to show little Johnny grandson. But no...you whored it away to some retailer for weed money.

my theory is that if you have to sell property just to get a measly $100 towards something, then you shouldn't be spending that kind of money in the first place. The only exception here is if you wanna upgrade the same console or if you have the basic crappy version of a console and it's worth $20 everywhere else or something

Guys, just go to the online trade in estimator, and find your xbox there, and after you finish calculating the value with the options given.

(power brick, seals, controller, etc) they will tell you the old amount.

If it says zero, you won´t get the $100 giftcard, anything over and you get it.

(in store they use the same calculator)

Out of the bat, launch 20gb pro NEED the controller.

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculator.cfm?category=gaming-hardware
Says 40 cents. This will be interesting.

Is it just me or is $100 trade in for 360/ps3 gone from the trade-in page? Best Buy also brought down the trade-in bonus for games down to 50%.

Are they being picky on condition of controller? I have one GameStop rejected because my one year old teethed on an analog... think Best Buy would like it more?

Are they being picky on condition of controller? I have one GameStop rejected because my one year old teethed on an analog... think Best Buy would like it more?
sorry to say, but that's not being picky. Why would someone want a blatant blemish like that? Turning away a minor scratch hidden on the bottom of a battery pack is being picky. Might be ebay/craigslist/CAG trade for you. Or just keep it :) or just get another controller.

wanna be cheap and do it unethically but effectively?

buy used controller from Gamestop. Go back the next day and return your teethed controller and put it back in the packaging and say "wtf, I just noticed this teeth mark in my controller" and get yo money back. They can't argue all that much.

buy used controller from Gamestop. Go back the next day and return your teethed controller and put it back in the packaging and say "wtf, I just noticed this teeth mark in my controller" and get yo money back. They can't argue all that much.
We don't condone return fraud here.

I find it odd that they'll turn down a RRoD but won't check to see if the disc drive will actually read a disc. Seems like if you check one, you'd check the other. Both make the system non-functional, really.

Backlog too big and this generation is too new to warrant a console trade in.

and I'm a gamer. I keep my hardware. In 40 years you'll wish you had kept your ancient Wii and ps3 around to show little Johnny grandson. But no...you whored it away to some retailer for weed money.

my theory is that if you have to sell property just to get a measly $100 towards something, then you shouldn't be spending that kind of money in the first place. The only exception here is if you wanna upgrade the same console or if you have the basic crappy version of a console and it's worth $20 everywhere else or something
Not everyone wants to "keep" old hardware. The only system I've sold was my SNES and a bunch of games with mint boxes, but I probably SHOULD have traded in my PS1/PS2/Gamecube by now. They just sit there, and value wise for the most part they aren't worth anything (and won't be anytime soon). My NES is broken, so I have no idea why it's not in a landfill...

$100 is 25% the price of a PS4. If I didn't have a backlog, I'd be all over the trade-in. Hell I'd probably trade in BOTH my 360 and PS3 for $200. I actually wish I didn't have a "backlog" of games either. The best thing to do would obviously be to not establish a huge backlog of games, and then be able to do whatever I wanted with the console. I do know, from past experience, that the moment I buy a PS4 I might as well just eliminate any "backlog" I have on old consoles anyway...however I'm going to force myself to wait a bit for the PS4 and try to finish as much as I can of these 360 and PS3 games.

And that's why I don't buy used consoles. A lot of people with low ethical standards in here.

I always find it funny when people on here bash SD and then proceed to inform us that they look at that site. How are they any better?
it is because tons of cag members are also sd members, playing both sides. the person who ported this thread over to sd is a cag member/poster.

you whored it away to some retailer for weed money.
You can get gift cards for weed now? Sweet, I never knew that. I wonder if my local drug dealer accepts debit cards? Worth a shot, I guess. Yes, because the only reason you'd ever want to make money is for drugs. That's the only reason anyone has a job, and the only reason why people would look to profit. It's not like some posters here are still in high school, either.

I love how you contradict yourself at the end by saying it's okay as long as you have a "crappy base model worth $20 or something," which is the only version people would consider buying and reselling to maximize profit.

Everyone is missing the fact that the systems get REFURBISHED, either by factory or BB, before being sold again. Cowboom also has a rating scale of 1-10 and describes the defects and scratches the system has that they didn't fix. This new trend called "thinking" is really going to help you guys out someday.

You can get gift cards for weed now? Sweet, I never knew that. I wonder if my local drug dealer accepts debit cards? Worth a shot, I guess. Yes, because the only reason you'd ever want to make money is for drugs. That's the only reason anyone has a job, and the only reason why people would look to profit. It's not like some posters here are still in high school, either.

I love how you contradict yourself at the end by saying it's okay as long as you have a "crappy base model worth $20 or something," which is the only version people would consider buying and reselling to maximize profit.

Everyone is missing the fact that the systems get REFURBISHED, either by factory or BB, before being sold again. Cowboom also has a rating scale of 1-10 and describes the defects and scratches the system has that they didn't fix. This new trend called "thinking" is really going to help you guys out someday.
you can fix banned console?

Systems down here apparently, been trying for a half hour. This is the Roseville, MI store and apparently other stores in the area are having the same issue.

Off to Best Buy now. My console is in working order and has everything. Hope nothing goes wrong.

Looked at their trade-in value, and normally, they would have given me $8 for this. Woah.

Thanks OP!

I just got back from doing my trade in. They checked out the 360 console to see if any seals were broken, but didn't even turn it on to test it out. Got my $100 GC and was out the door in about 15 mins.

Just traded in my Xbox 360 Slim (No HDD), but with AV Cords/Power Brick/Wireless Controller. I got the $100 no problem and used it on Amazon gift-cards. Also flipped a couple games and it still promoted the 100% trade-in value.Had a $5 off coupon and got some Microsoft Points on top of that.

2ix0MYu.jpg

Later went to Gamestop and flipped my 250gb Slim HDD and got $50 with their 30% bonus right now, plus some older 360 accessories I had. Got my Xbox One version of CoD for $10 and paid off Titanfall in full. Overall it was a good day.

Just traded in my Xbox 360 Slim (No HDD), but with AV Cords/Power Brick/Wireless Controller. I got the $100 no problem. Also flipped a couple games and it still promoted the 100% trade-in value.Had a $5 off coupon and got some Microsoft Points on top of that.
Is the pic really necessary?

Why highlight something that we do Not want to loose?

Bragging crap never ceases to amaze me.

Why would anything he just did/said make us lose anything?

Also, since when does Best Buy open at 11 on Sundays? Myself and the four other cars in the parking lot were rather unhappy.

I know they're giving 100% extra trade in credit this week, are they doing it on consoles too? I would trade in my 3DS XL if I could get $150 for it. 

It didn't mean to come off as bragging, just talking about my success I've had (like many have posted). I'm sure we won't lose it.

How are people having success with this ?

3 best buys in NY are saying they wont take it, one even said "theyre not allowed to buy used stuff because they dont have a pawn license?"

Wtf?

How are people having success with this ?

3 best buys in NY are saying they wont take it, one even said "theyre not allowed to buy used stuff because they dont have a pawn license?"

Wtf?
Might be true, not all BBY stores can do trade ins and then even less of those can take hardware. If you look on their website and look up the store it will tell.

bread's done
Back