Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

If anyone wants to feel sorry for me, the ONLY television I watch is the Vikings games (as TV eats up valuable gaming time). I don't mind having Brad Johnson back at the helm (not that he will do us any good), as I was sad when we traded him back in 1998. For some reason, we traded him in favor of such MVP quarterbacks as Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham. And four years later, Johnson won a Superbowl. And the Vikings . . . well, at least they can still be contenders in Madden 98.

Anyone seen any locations that carry Pheonix Wright or Trauma Center for DS near Edina/Minneapolis? I have yet to see either in stores, and I want both.

(preferablly best buy so i can use gamer gift card)

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Anyone seen any locations that carry Pheonix Wright or Trauma Center for DS near Edina/Minneapolis? I have yet to see either in stores, and I want both.

(preferablly best buy so i can use gamer gift card)[/QUOTE]

A poster in another thread claimed that Best Buy won't be carrying Phoenix Wright.

Can anyone verify seeing a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters in either a Best Buy or Circuit City in the Twin Cities area? I was hoping to pick up a copy with the Best Buy 2 for $30 deal, but no one at Best Buy had any idea what that game even was, if it ever was in stock, or ever would be in stock.

One more thing . . . hooray for the Vikings! Six yards of total offense in the first half and they still win.

Yes, go Vikes, but the worst possible scenario is that we win enough games to keep Mike Tice.

I was thinking of picking up a 360 Snoop. I see that the flagship BB by the headquarters in Richfield is getting about 180 of them. Other BBs around here are getting 60-70. If I get that urge to pick one up, I'll just try walking in at opening.

[quote name='inubu']Can anyone verify seeing a copy of Fable: The Lost Chapters in either a Best Buy or Circuit City in the Twin Cities area? I was hoping to pick up a copy with the Best Buy 2 for $30 deal, but no one at Best Buy had any idea what that game even was, if it ever was in stock, or ever would be in stock.[/QUOTE]

I swear I have seen it at my CC but don't quote me as I've been gone since last Friday.

Man, you guys need to stop going to GameStop. FuncoLand was of course a locally owned company, which is why MN has so many GameStops now (since Funcoland sold out to the company that owns GameStop), but it's rare to see even a decent deal there.

GameCrazy is the place to go. There's one in Roseville off of Snelling, South of the mall area, across the street from the HarMar theater. The guys that work there are pretty cool and laid back. They're usually more on-top of new realeases than all of the other stores around here too.

I went there and picked up Gunstar Super Heroes (no other stores had it in), and I talked to the guys a while about the new Katamari game. I said that I didn't want to pay $30 for it. They looked around, and they didn't have any used copies, so the guy was cool enough to offer me $5 off. I think they liked the fact that I could talk to them about old NES games, too. Anyway, if you're cool, you might be able to get stuff for cheaper than usual there. Don't pressure them to give you a discount though, I don't want to lose my discounts D:

[quote name='graft']Man, you guys need to stop going to GameStop. FuncoLand was of course a locally owned company, which is why MN has so many GameStops now (since Funcoland sold out to the company that owns GameStop), but it's rare to see even a decent deal there.

GameCrazy is the place to go. There's one in Roseville off of Snelling, South of the mall area, across the street from the HarMar theater. The guys that work there are pretty cool and laid back. They're usually more on-top of new realeases than all of the other stores around here too.

I went there and picked up Gunstar Super Heroes (no other stores had it in), and I talked to the guys a while about the new Katamari game. I said that I didn't want to pay $30 for it. They looked around, and they didn't have any used copies, so the guy was cool enough to offer me $5 off. I think they liked the fact that I could talk to them about old NES games, too. Anyway, if you're cool, you might be able to get stuff for cheaper than usual there. Don't pressure them to give you a discount though, I don't want to lose my discounts D:[/QUOTE]

I can testify that the Roseville Gamecrazy is awesome (that's where I ordered my Suikoden 2!) but the Gamecrazy in St. Cloud here is probably one of the worst video game stores I've ever been in. If your buying anything other than Nintendo in there, they WILL heckle you and talk down to you. Their fanboyishness is just sickening and the biggest reason why I refused to renew my MVP membership this month.

The Gamestop up here though, for the most part, is a awesome. There's a few employees who's heads are way up their asses. But the manager of the store is awesome and definetly makes it the best video game store of the 3 (eb, gamestop, gamecrazy) up here.

Edit- BTW, I believe Gamestop's headquarters are still in MN, so while it is a huge company, it could still be considered locally owned.

Yeah, I'd have to agree 100% about the St. Cloud/Waite Park GC. It is by far the worst game store I've ever been in ever! I actually had one of the crappy employees there tell me he hoped the game I went in there to reserve (an Xbox title) would never come into that store. So I took my $50 over to Gamestop and spent it there. Although I'd also agree other then the manager at GS the rest of the crew is a bunch of crap. EB...I won't even go into that one in this post but our EB is the crap as well. I make it easy on myself and shop at Target ;)

I pretty much have given up on Gamestop a long time ago... well at least the Northtown location (or locations for now as we got TWO of them across from each other). One time I called looking for the Pelican System Selector Pro and the guy said "yeah we got it." So I go on in but it turns out that he mistook the Gamestop cheapy componet selector for the Pelican one. Easy mistake but his stupidity afterwards is what pissed me off when he claimed that "the Pelican got recalled" after he admitted a moment prior to not knowing the difference between the two.

[quote name='demomanTNA']I pretty much have given up on Gamestop a long time ago... well at least the Northtown location (or locations for now as we got TWO of them across from each other). One time I called looking for the Pelican System Selector Pro and the guy said "yeah we got it." So I go on in but it turns out that he mistook the Gamestop cheapy componet selector for the Pelican one. Easy mistake but his stupidity afterwards is what pissed me off when he claimed that "the Pelican got recalled" after he admitted a moment prior to not knowing the difference between the two.[/QUOTE]
pelican is the company that actually makes the accessories with the gamestop name on them. any of the old "pelican" packaging did get recalled. pelican is still the brand that makes it though

I just want to say that I love the GameCrazy over in Blaine. The people there are friendly and don't hassle you as bad as the GameStop employees over at Northtown.

They just need to stock up more on games. =(

[quote name='jdirtybird32']Yeah, I'd have to agree 100% about the St. Cloud/Waite Park GC. It is by far the worst game store I've ever been in ever! I actually had one of the crappy employees there tell me he hoped the game I went in there to reserve (an Xbox title) would never come into that store. So I took my $50 over to Gamestop and spent it there. Although I'd also agree other then the manager at GS the rest of the crew is a bunch of crap. EB...I won't even go into that one in this post but our EB is the crap as well. I make it easy on myself and shop at Target ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep, sounds like something they would do. One time I was in there one of the fanboys was reading an EGM that was talking about some big name XBox game coming out (I can't remember which one cause it was probably 8 months ago). Anyway he's talking to one of his fellow fanboy/coworkers saying, "This is fucking bullshit, why doesn't EGM just admit they're on Microsoft's payroll? This game is garbage, how can they give it such a high score, its so obvious that Microsoft is just fuckin paying them off"

Now I don't mind swearing, its highly unprofessional but I'm not gonna get in a hissy fit over it. HOWEVER, I was not the only person in the store, in fact, there were children in there as he's spouting all this off? WTF? Furthermore, how could he know if the game was garbage? For one, he's probably never touched anything that isn't nintendo in his life and THE GAME WASN'T EVENE RELEASED! I'm not a big fan of one company owning all the game stores in town but I'd be happy if gamecrazy closed.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']I just want to say that I love the GameCrazy over in Blaine. The people there are friendly and don't hassle you as bad as the GameStop employees over at Northtown.

They just need to stock up more on games. =([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got into an argument with them too. Maybe its better that I don't shop at gamecrazy anymore.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']I just want to say that I love the GameCrazy over in Blaine. The people there are friendly and don't hassle you as bad as the GameStop employees over at Northtown.

which gamestop at northtown? how do they hassle you?

[quote name='Daz9402']Cold out there, ain't it? Anyone waiting in line for a 360?[/QUOTE]
it's freezing outside. if your going to wait in line for a 360, don't do it at wallmart. most wallmarts are only getting 6. best buy or circuit city is a much better bet

[quote name='toastapley']it's freezing outside. if your going to wait in line for a 360, don't do it at wallmart. most wallmarts are only getting 6. best buy or circuit city is a much better bet[/QUOTE]

Actually one advantage to 24 hour walmarts is that they usually let you wait inside. My friends were able to wait inside when they waited in line for the Gamecube.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Actually one advantage to 24 hour walmarts is that they usually let you wait inside. My friends were able to wait inside when they waited in line for the Gamecube.[/QUOTE]
i just don't wanna try and fight over six 360's at a walmart. i think i'll have a better chance at best buy. most are getting at least 40

I would rather do it at BB just because I'd get $15 in RZ certificates. Plus, I need to pick up an iPod nano for my GF.

Is this 360 really worth $500? I just can't decide.

I really don't think the 360 is worth $500. I don't it's worth that much to me. But hey I'm a Nintendo fan so I don't think my say would count as anything. I played it at Walmart and it's well I'm not an avid Xbox player so I just think the controls are smoother? Graphics are nice whatever. But I do think you should wait for a price drop on the 360. I thought there was going to be one later on anyways.

Yea the GC in Roseville is pretty friendly. Maplewood is all right. Eden Prarie is pretty nice too, although I've been there once. GC in Eagan is really nice. This dude gave me free rentals coupons over there when I didn't buy any systems.

Gamestop is fine. I only take advantage of the GC on University. As I said they have that everlasting Buy 2 Used Get 1 Free deal.

[quote name='graft']GameCrazy is the place to go. There's one in Roseville off of Snelling, South of the mall area, across the street from the HarMar theater. The guys that work there are pretty cool and laid back. They're usually more on-top of new realeases than all of the other stores around here too.[/QUOTE]

So true. They are awesome, know their games, and are very nice to boot. That GS in Roseville off Cty Rd B2...that's a freakin' nightmare.

Being a totally CAG, I am now getting the bug to purchase an Xbox. That's right - not a 360, but a good ol' fashioned, what do we do with these in about 6 mo. Xbox. He, he, he.

Finally, the Vikes will win enough games to get a lousy draft pick (definitely not Leinhart) but I don't think Tice will be asked back next year. And the freaking Wild also need to let loose those purse strings a little bit, otherwise they will never compete with Vancouver or Colorado.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep, sounds like something they would do. One time I was in there one of the fanboys was reading an EGM that was talking about some big name XBox game coming out (I can't remember which one cause it was probably 8 months ago). Anyway he's talking to one of his fellow fanboy/coworkers saying, "This is fucking bullshit, why doesn't EGM just admit they're on Microsoft's payroll? This game is garbage, how can they give it such a high score, its so obvious that Microsoft is just fuckin paying them off"

Now I don't mind swearing, its highly unprofessional but I'm not gonna get in a hissy fit over it. HOWEVER, I was not the only person in the store, in fact, there were children in there as he's spouting all this off? WTF? Furthermore, how could he know if the game was garbage? For one, he's probably never touched anything that isn't nintendo in his life and THE GAME WASN'T EVENE RELEASED! I'm not a big fan of one company owning all the game stores in town but I'd be happy if gamecrazy closed.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I know the exact guy your talking about too, his name is Gully. He's a total Nintendo mark, and a bad one at that. The guy hates anything that's not made from the Big N.

Far as the 360 goes, most stores should be getting a good shippment of them with Wal-marts, BBs, and the crappy video game stores in each town, they shouldn't be really hard to find. Plus if you're in St. Cloud, you could just line up at like Shopko, nobody goes there. Plus whats a good time to start camping out if you're not going to Walmart?

I work in the GS in Shakopee. I think we have a used guilty gear, and guilty gear 2, but they both dont have boxes. And the Walmart next to us has a sealed Fatal Frame 2 (at least they did from last Saturday). I heard those games are uncommon so i decided to mention them. Oh, and also the GS in Savage has really old Strategy Guides (back to PS1 games) so stop by there. But I'm not sure if they still have them, b/c the district manager has been coming down lately and telling us (Shakopee and Savage) to get rid of crap and switch everything around for the 360 launch, so it's been hell lately. In the Cub Foods in Bloomington, you can sometimes get a $2.00 off used DVD's and Games $10.00 and up on the back of your reciept for Discland (btw Discland rules). I kinda cheat by buying a pack of kool aid for like 15 cents and then sometimes i get the coupon. It doesnt always work because you know, chance and propibility and what not. Anyways, hopes that helps someone.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']I'm pretty sure I know the exact guy your talking about too, his name is Gully. He's a total Nintendo mark, and a bad one at that. The guy hates anything that's not made from the Big N.

Far as the 360 goes, most stores should be getting a good shippment of them with Wal-marts, BBs, and the crappy video game stores in each town, they shouldn't be really hard to find. Plus if you're in St. Cloud, you could just line up at like Shopko, nobody goes there. Plus whats a good time to start camping out if you're not going to Walmart?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the guy's name is but he is frickin annoying. He's kinda tall and skinny and talks with this real know-it-all attitude. I've been tempted to go in there lately for the classic 3 for $15 but I don't feel like dealing with their fanboy bullshit.

Yeah my friends and I were out this afternoon and we saw 360 stuff at Target and EBGames (yeah I know but we were walking around the mall bored). I haven't been to Best Buy lately so I'm not sure what they've gotten in.

As far as the 360 goes, I'll definetly be getting it at Target because I can still use my mom's employee discount (with that and free health insurance till I'm 25, Target is definetly my favorite company!) So its gonna end up saving me $50 when I end up getting a premium bundle, extra wireless controller, and perfect dark zero. Your definetly right about Shopko, both of them are ALWAYS dead, the wast side one does better than the east side but still, there isn't much to 'em. Since I live pretty close to the east end target I'm just gonna stay up all night and drive up there every so often and get in line as soon as I see one forming.

I haven't been to Game Crazy yet, but eventually I'll make my way there. Of course now I love the fact that we got TWO fucking Gamestops in the Northtown Mall area. Of course that might lead to a better potential of finding better DVDs during the buy 2 get 1 free sales (that's if they ever get what I'm looking for, which never happens).

[quote name='toastapley']pelican is the company that actually makes the accessories with the gamestop name on them. any of the old "pelican" packaging did get recalled. pelican is still the brand that makes it though[/QUOTE]

That makes better sense then the idiot saying that "they were defective." Oh well, that's retail for you in general. For every one even semi intelligent person you'll have at least five idiot employees. Not to sound mean about it but yeah some people are just not meant for retail.

(And further no offense but some people are not meant to be out in public period on either working or being the customer for that matter - but I'll save my customer sucks rants for another forum all together)

[quote name='demomanTNA']I haven't been to Game Crazy yet, but eventually I'll make my way there. Of course now I love the fact that we got TWO fucking Gamestops in the Northtown Mall area. Of course that might lead to a better potential of finding better DVDs during the buy 2 get 1 free sales (that's if they ever get what I'm looking for, which never happens).[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. They're like starbucks proximity closeness. I'm thinking that since the newer Gamestop was supposed to be an EB at one point that when Gamestop bought them out the owner wouldn't let Gamestop out of EB's lease obligation so now Gamestop is stuck with two locations less than a block apart.

[quote name='toastapley']which gamestop at northtown? how do they hassle you?[/QUOTE]

The old one. Preorders. They push it as bad as CompUSA in Fridley. ^_^

I had settled on NOT getting the 360 on Tuesday, but then I saw the PGR3 commercial on HDNET last night and I couldn't believe the graphics. It looks so good. I should hold out until next year though because I'm sure it'll drop at least $50 when the PS3 debuts.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']The old one. Preorders. They push it as bad as CompUSA in Fridley. ^_^[/QUOTE]

There's a compusa in fridley? When/where did this happen?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm not sure what the guy's name is but he is frickin annoying. He's kinda tall and skinny and talks with this real know-it-all attitude. I've been tempted to go in there lately for the classic 3 for $15 but I don't feel like dealing with their fanboy bullshit.

Yeah my friends and I were out this afternoon and we saw 360 stuff at Target and EBGames (yeah I know but we were walking around the mall bored). I haven't been to Best Buy lately so I'm not sure what they've gotten in.

As far as the 360 goes, I'll definetly be getting it at Target because I can still use my mom's employee discount (with that and free health insurance till I'm 25, Target is definetly my favorite company!) So its gonna end up saving me $50 when I end up getting a premium bundle, extra wireless controller, and perfect dark zero. Your definetly right about Shopko, both of them are ALWAYS dead, the wast side one does better than the east side but still, there isn't much to 'em. Since I live pretty close to the east end target I'm just gonna stay up all night and drive up there every so often and get in line as soon as I see one forming.[/QUOTE]

Now I've got someone to watch for in line, darn. My wife works at the east side Target. I just don't know what time I want to start waiting. My fingers are crossed since I used to work there myself too I can convince the elec's manager to put 1 on hold just incase ;)

But yeah that guy you described at GC is the one I was talking about. He thinks he knows everything about video games but loves the Nintendo more then life itself. Oh well, just a few more days til I can play the 360. I picked up the Battery Charger kit thing, Call of Duty 2 and Madden. Now I just need them to get PDZ which is the only game they don't have in yet.

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']The old one. Preorders. They push it as bad as CompUSA in Fridley. ^_^[/QUOTE]
ya i know, but that's there job so i don't get mad at them. i think they are pretty cool but i like the guys at the newer store better. they had some pretty hard to find psx games and the manager is really cool about not letting employees hold all the good stuff

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There's a compusa in fridley? When/where did this happen?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd like to know when this happened too. Speaking of which is there any good PC store in the Anoka area by any chance? The CPU fan on my box is going out and there is no way I'm paying $20 for a freakin CPU fan/heat sink kit when all I need is the $5 fan.

So hey what the hell is this on reprints of Rhapsody and Gitaroo Man? I guess it's cool and all. But I saw Rhapsody at the MOA GS. I'm going on a guess here if they had this at the University St. GS you guys could get a pretty good deal for that buy 2 used games and get 1 free.

Just a note.. A lot of Ace Combat 5 at TRU in Bloomington and I thought Sam Goody? at the MOA had some okay $8.99 games (just old games that you wait for a price drop on -- Onimusha 2,3, Clock Tower 3, Whiplash, around that level).

[quote name='demomanTNA']I pretty much have given up on Gamestop a long time ago... well at least the Northtown location (or locations for now as we got TWO of them across from each other). One time I called looking for the Pelican System Selector Pro and the guy said "yeah we got it." So I go on in but it turns out that he mistook the Gamestop cheapy componet selector for the Pelican one. Easy mistake but his stupidity afterwards is what pissed me off when he claimed that "the Pelican got recalled" after he admitted a moment prior to not knowing the difference between the two.[/QUOTE]

Northtown area, eh? What city do you live in? I used to live over by that area.

There's a Games 'N Go in Brooklyn Park also. It's a decent place, they have stuff from pretty much all generations. Prices are a bit high though. I don't think this one will be lasting very long as a big new Gamestop moved in down the road just a while ago.

Did anyone here go out early for Black Friday? (I sorta wanted to, but I was out of town earlier today) Maybe I'll do a little shopping tomorrow though.

Didn't leave the house. Sadly, there was nothing I needed today. Might try for the DS @ Target this weekend tho.

I went to the BB by Ridgedale on BF. Picked up an iPod nano for my GF w/ a $25 iTunes giftcard for free. I also got the new War of the Worlds DVD, which was supposed to be $14.99, but when I checked my receipt, it rang as $19.99. Would it be possible to go get the $5 do you think?

[quote name='Daz9402']I went to the BB by Ridgedale on BF. Picked up an iPod nano for my GF w/ a $25 iTunes giftcard for free. I also got the new War of the Worlds DVD, which was supposed to be $14.99, but when I checked my receipt, it rang as $19.99. Would it be possible to go get the $5 do you think?[/QUOTE]

BBY's $14.99 price on WotW ended on Wednesday that week.

bread's done
Back