Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Well here's some random stuff that I've found nearby -

Games 'N Go at Southdale in Edina has a complete in box SEGA Genesis sports package that was some bundle way back when with two random sports games. The Genny is model 2. For $25 I thought it was a good deal, if it's still there and some of you want to crack into the Genesis scene this would be a good oprotunity.

Also Barnes and Noble in Edina has a handful of old PSX RPG guides which I can onjly assume would be worth a little bit, considering anything RPG in the PSX era manages a few pennies.

Video Plus in Crosslake Minnesota (30 minutes north of Brainard I think) has a good deal of boxed NES games for $3 a pop. I'm not into that stuff so I have no idea which titles are worth anything, but most were non-sports so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Places are so far from St. Paul.. but I went to Midway area and Joko Games are selling used DS for $94.99 and used PSP for $199 if that's anything for people. Also GameStop over there changed their deal to the regular? Buy 3 Get 1 free used DVD and Games. I saw Rhapsody for $29.99. I remember at the MOA I saw it for $39.99.

Does anyone here work at Gamestop even? I hear it sucks to work at any retail store.. but anyone's personal experience in MN?

I just finished my seasonal workings at the Sam Goody in the MoA, sucks just like any other retail job. I don't know if this has been posted anywhere yet, but we got a new set of clearance lists for games about a week ago, and some are frickin dirt cheap. Silent Hill 3 for $1.88, new. Actually, a lot of stuff went on clearance...

I just discovered a few days ago that the Northtown Sam Goody closed and now there is a half baked arcade in its place. The only thing I miss about that Sam Goody was that it was the ONLY place I could find the yearly Pink Floyd calendar at. The store that sells calendars in the same mall never picks it up... yet they'll have at least 10 different Beatles ones guaranteeded.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just discovered a few days ago that the Northtown Sam Goody closed and now there is a half baked arcade in its place. The only thing I miss about that Sam Goody was that it was the ONLY place I could find the yearly Pink Floyd calendar at. The store that sells calendars in the same mall never picks it up... yet they'll have at least 10 different Beatles ones guaranteeded.[/QUOTE]

There's an arcade there now? I might have to go check that out.

MN arcades are notorious for just plain sucking. I wouldn't waste my time going to check it out. Gee, let me guess what's there: Time Crisis 2, Crisis Zone, NBA Jam, Blitz 2003, only new games possibly Initial D (which get crammed up with Asian wannabe racers and kills the scene) and Tekken 5, which is already out on console and no one cares to meet up at arcades for tournaments anymore like in the late 90s with Tekken 3.

[quote name='nintendokid']MN arcades are notorious for just plain sucking. I wouldn't waste my time going to check it out. Gee, let me guess what's there: Time Crisis 2, Crisis Zone, NBA Jam, Blitz 2003, only new games possibly Initial D (which get crammed up with Asian wannabe racers and kills the scene) and Tekken 5, which is already out on console and no one cares to meet up at arcades for tournaments anymore like in the late 90s with Tekken 3.[/QUOTE]

I really like Gameworks in Minneapolis. It's a really nice two-story place. I'm usually there on Thursdays from 9pm-1am. It's $11 and you get to play all night. It's expensive if you go and buy the credits and play games because they run out fast. I think that place is awesome to go to for arcades. Depends what you like though.

[quote name='alberts']I really like Gameworks in Minneapolis. It's a really nice two-story place. I'm usually there on Thursdays from 9pm-1am. It's $11 and you get to play all night. It's expensive if you go and buy the credits and play games because they run out fast. I think that place is awesome to go to for arcades. Depends what you like though.[/QUOTE]

yeah and they have a bar :D been there a few times pretty fun place

The Toys R US in Duluth is closing its so sad. I was looking forward to the next Buy 1 get 1 Free deal that we have over the summer. Plus they always tended to have games that sold out everywhere else. I bought Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy Tactics, and the River City Ransom there about two months ago after they were sold out of them just about everyplace else plus they were all on green tag clearance.

They still had a couple of ten dollar games left when I went for the first day of the clearance sale so I picked up . a couple there Doom 3, Conflict Desert Storm 2, Transformers, and Metal Slug 4 and 5. They sold out of some games some of which were weird since they were cheaper at Best Buy even with the clearance discount.

[quote name='nintendokid']MN arcades are notorious for just plain sucking. I wouldn't waste my time going to check it out. Gee, let me guess what's there: Time Crisis 2, Crisis Zone, NBA Jam, Blitz 2003, only new games possibly Initial D (which get crammed up with Asian wannabe racers and kills the scene) and Tekken 5, which is already out on console and no one cares to meet up at arcades for tournaments anymore like in the late 90s with Tekken 3.[/QUOTE]

Actually there is some river rowing game (that I suck at), some snowboarding game (that I really suck at), Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (which I really really suck at), some carnival gun game (that i don't suck at), a few other gun games (that I own at), and a few stuffed animal claw thingies.

Yeah, that Arcade in Northtown mall isn't that amazing. I was suprised to see it though.

I think arcades are just dying all together. I have not seen an arcade with a good selection of games for a while since I was younger.

The arcade located in Roseville mall was pretty decent for a while but it closed down too.

Yeah arcades have really died off since the hardcore arcade gamers can now play most of their beloved favorites at home either on the game systems or the classics via MAME. Without the hardcore arcade gamers (which is where a HUGE amount of money came from), you aren't going to see the variety at the arcades like you used to.

The only way arcades will make a comeback is *IF* something like virtual reality (ala holodeck) makes a big splash in the arcades first. Heck I would almost EXPECT that to be a hit in the arcades first as the technology behind it would be beyond the reach of Joe Sixpack to buy outright.

The Duluth Tru store got more stock in good deals are Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls and Digital Devil Saga $10 before 10% off closing down clearance. Got em both thought about getting all the DDS copies but I've never liked people who do that so didn't.

The Duluth TRU now has 20% off games and 40% off accessories stuff is clearing out so if you want to take advantage you better get here fast they had a lot of 360 games in stock so you can pick them up for $12 off because of clearance if you hit them up this week.

Damnit! Duluth is just too far. I think I'll wait for 40-50% off, in hopes of landing some of the newer games, like Battalion Wars. How's the damn weather in Duluth? It's cold here so it must be cold as heck up there. And to think I use to go fishing for smelt during the spawn season up there when I was a kid...

[quote name='nintendokid']Damnit! Duluth is just too far. I think I'll wait for 40-50% off, in hopes of landing some of the newer games, like Battalion Wars. How's the damn weather in Duluth? It's cold here so it must be cold as heck up there. And to think I use to go fishing for smelt during the spawn season up there when I was a kid...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty cold up here but that stuff could start going once it reaches 30 percent I have my eye on Spartan total warrior once it reaches 40-50 and Fire Emblem for the Cube.

I did pick up advance wars for the DS this past sunday and been putting a lot of time into it its a good.

You can always check out the Blaine TRU to since I think that's the other one closing down.

Did you smelt on the Lester river or someplace else.

[quote name='Teodoric79']It's pretty cold up here but that stuff could start going once it reaches 30 percent I have my eye on Spartan total warrior once it reaches 40-50 and Fire Emblem for the Cube.

I did pick up advance wars for the DS this past sunday and been putting a lot of time into it its a good.

You can always check out the Blaine TRU to since I think that's the other one closing down.

Did you smelt on the Lester river or someplace else.[/QUOTE]

Woodbury is closing, not Blaine.

[quote name='Teodoric79']You can always check out the Blaine TRU to since I think that's the other one closing down.[/QUOTE]

No its the Woodbury. I have confirmed myself that the Blaine one is NOT closing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']No its the Woodbury. I have confirmed myself that the Blaine one is NOT closing.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks, your right now that I remember it sorry everyone.

Went back to Duluth Tru today they still had PSP's and the other systems in stock if anyone wants to pick one up.

I got Castlevania and Final Tactics Advance for GBA today both for friends. The selection is beginning to slim down though FFTA was a new addition and they had some new DS stuff nothing quality though.

I'll probably hit it up again Sunday and take advantage of 30 percent off on anything left that I wanted since then the 20 titles will be cheaper than the 2 for 30 specials a lot of stores have through the year.

Hey guys Games 'n Go at Southdale is actually a really great place, the store owner is a great guy who knows what hes talking about.

For all of you SNES collectors they have a bunch of old RPG's too, if you won't mind paying a little more to get it locally then go for it. I got a complete copy of Final Fantasy III for $50 there, and they still have a complete one of FFII. They had over a half a dozen copies of Chrono Trigger, a few Breath of Fires and some loose copies of Final Fantasy II, III and Mystic Quest.

They also have sealed copies of non-GH of FFVII, VIII, IX, Antholigies, Chronicals and some other random PSX games.

How much are they selling Chrono Trigger for? I wouldn't mind revisiting that one myself... unless a GBA or DS port is coming (which I'm really hoping for).

They Also had Battalion Wars in stock still at the DUluth TRU though they only had two left so good luck if you can get up here.

[quote name='Demolition Man']How much are they selling Chrono Trigger for? I wouldn't mind revisiting that one myself... unless a GBA or DS port is coming (which I'm really hoping for).[/QUOTE]

Hmm I think $60.

Hey if anyone wants a Mario Kart DS also for $24.00 aside from Target, I know the Walmart in Midway has it .. an FYI. I'm not sure if this is a "ALL WALMARTS NATION WIDE deal".

Wal-Mart in general is pretty much YMMV on deals. I've seen one Wal-Mart not have a deal mentioned on CAG yet another Wal-Mart within a few miles have it. But as far as I am concerned I'd rather buy from Target anyways. At least Target doesn't leave me with that cheap hooker taste in my mouth like Wallyworld does. :rofl:

[quote name='Demolition Man']At least Target doesn't leave me with that cheap hooker taste in my mouth like Wallyworld does. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Nicely put.

just to let everyone know, Electro Plankton might be in Games n Go at Southdale. I heard the manager talking about getting it in his store.

[quote name='Rxneo']just to let everyone know, Electro Plankton might be in Games n Go at Southdale. I heard the manager talking about getting it in his store.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Too bad I live too far away to go there. :cry:

i just found out that the new gamestop in lino lakes will have 360's in the day it opens (wed or thurs) if anyone is interested

[quote name='toastapley']i just found out that the new gamestop in lino lakes will have 360's in the day it opens (wed or thurs) if anyone is interested[/QUOTE]

Where in Lino Lakes is there a new Gamestop? This is the first I have heard about this, and I'm within spiting distance of Lino Lakes myself.

Went to the Toys R Us in Blaine today. They still have some $9.99 games - not much but if anyone is looking for a cheap copy of "Doom 3" XBox or "Final Fantasy 1 & 2" GBA there were a few there now that weren't there a few weeks ago. I also saw a TON of XBox Live kits that are supposed to be 70% off since they were green stickered but I didn't find out how much they were (as I couldn't find an employee... as usual).

[quote name='Demolition Man']Where in Lino Lakes is there a new Gamestop? This is the first I have heard about this, and I'm within spiting distance of Lino Lakes myself.[/QUOTE]

it's right off of county rd 23 and 35 w. about 5 miles north of where 35w meets highway 10

Duluth MN is now 30% off games and Systems, and 50% off accessories. They were no more GBA Players though they had Game Boy Micros in stock.

I picked up the last Fire Emblem but the pickings are pretty slim and they repriced a lot of theten dollar games in the Duluth store back up to 20,

[quote name='Rxneo']just to let everyone know, Electro Plankton might be in Games n Go at Southdale. I heard the manager talking about getting it in his store.[/QUOTE]

I called them today, they only have a few DS games, none of which are Elektroplankton.

My sister just came back from , and she just told me a store is going out of business FOR SURE and signs have been verified (she knows I'm always on the lookout for cheap sales). I will be checking the store later tonight and will verify what is being clearanced. I will then fill in the sometime this weekend (don't try looking for it, it's pretty far from Saint Paul). Sorry, but I gotta get first dibs :)

I'm not surprised. Like I said earlier the only customers I ever see in Suncoast I swear are people who are too stupid to realize that other places sell DVDs besides K-Mart.... or people in the retirement home age.

AW MAN! IT'S THE WRONG STORE! My sister said Sam Goody, I automatically thought Sam's "CLUB" aw shucks! me = feeling like an a$$ right now :) since I already knew Goody's were closing all over the nation.

Minnesota Public Announcement: THe newly opened, 2-3 year old Sam Goody located in Maplewood Mall in Maplewood, MN is closing. Nothing new, but there's a lot of good games to be had if it goes to 40-50% off...

bread's done
Back