Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='demomanTNA']BBY's $14.99 price on WotW ended on Wednesday that week.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that, but they still had the sign up on the display. I'd never be able to convince them of that though.

There's no Gamerush in Minnesota? I read the deal with the automataic $10 off any new game ($49.99) and tried looking for a Gamerush but can't find any. Do we even have one?

thought others might be interested -

timesplitters: future perfect is $9.99 for gc and ps2 in the clearance at the maplewood toys r us, and there are still a few copies left. xbox rang up at $49.99.

If only there would be a good deal in Minnesota, I would love to post it. I was hoping the local Costcos would get in a shipment of Xbox 360s like on the East/West coast, but no such luck. I frequent the pawn shops, EB games, and Toys 'R Us in the area, and there hasn't been anything worth buying or even talking about for a long time.

[quote name='inubu']If only there would be a good deal in Minnesota, I would love to post it. I was hoping the local Costcos would get in a shipment of Xbox 360s like on the East/West coast, but no such luck. I frequent the pawn shops, EB games, and Toys 'R Us in the area, and there hasn't been anything worth buying or even talking about for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I agree. It takes a lot of hunting for us MN CAGers to get a great deal. Also, when the fuck do we get a Gamerush!?!?

RvB: Have you checked out the Media Play in St Cloud yet? If so, anything to speak of?
I am tempted to drive up there and check out the store closing sales. That wont be happening for awhile with this damn snow storm!

My cousin lives in Freeport, MN, just north of St Cloud and he was telling me about the Media Play closing. If I lived as close as him, I would be checking there for deals all the time.

[quote name='Snoozer']RvB: Have you checked out the Media Play in St Cloud yet? If so, anything to speak of?
I am tempted to drive up there and check out the store closing sales. That wont be happening for awhile with this damn snow storm![/QUOTE]

Don't bother, there's plenty of other better deals out there right now. Video games are only 10% at this point which means that the $10 off best buy coupon is still a better deal. The DVDs are only 20% off and that doesn't make up for Media Play's already high markup.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep, I agree. It takes a lot of hunting for us MN CAGers to get a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. However it feels pretty sweet whenever I can find a deal. Speaking of which I was at the Northtown Toys R Us last Friday. They had some pretty good deals going on including some good games marked down to $9.99 including "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals" for the GC and "Atari Retro Collection" for the DS.

I also periodically check the Half Price Books by Northtown at least once a week. Seems like as of lately I always find at least one good deal per visit. Best deal I've gotten is the rare Pink Floyd CD "The Early Singles" which only got released with the ubber leet "Shine On" boxset and a copy of Bucker And Garcia's "Pac-Man Fever" CD.

Speaking of which I think I need to make a stop by over there very soon... :D

[quote name='Demolition Man'] Best deal I've gotten is the rare Pink Floyd CD "The Early Singles" which only got released with the ubber leet "Shine On" boxset and a copy of Bucker And Garcia's "Pac-Man Fever" CD.[/QUOTE]

Never thought I would see the day that Pink Floyd and Pac-Man Fever would be mentioned in the same breath.

Gotta go to the Maplewood shopping uber urban sprawl this weekend and do the ol' EB -> TRU -> Half-Price Books run. I gotta agree with you guys about the lack of places to purchase cag's, and with the eventual merger and downsizing of the GameStop / EBGames monster, our choices will be further limited. Maybe Best Buy will change their ways and offer more in the way of discounts to bring back the "devil customers". We may purchase games for cheap, but if they kept them cheap, they would probably recover their margin since we would definitely keep the shelves empty! Either that, or hell freezes over.

[quote name='tickdude']Never thought I would see the day that Pink Floyd and Pac-Man Fever would be mentioned in one paragraph.

Gotta go to the Maplewood shopping uber urban sprawl this weekend and do the ol' EB -> TRU -> Half-Price Books run.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the Gamestop and that independent video game store over by Noodles and IHOP. I love going out to Maplewood, only I also add Shinders to my trip also to see about comics. So much good stuff right there in that little area. Maybe I'll go out there this weekend when I'm at my parents house.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Speaking of which I think I need to make a stop by over there very soon... :D[/QUOTE]
Meh, don't bother. I was there last weekend and they didn't have squat.

BTW, I keep forgetting to ask. Was it someone from here that got that Valkyrie Profile strategy guide they had there a few months ago? I saw it one day and passed, then that night I looked for it on Ebay and when I came back the next day the guide was gone.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Don't forget about the Gamestop and that independent video game store over by Noodles and IHOP. I love going out to Maplewood, only I also add Shinders to my trip also to see about comics. So much good stuff right there in that little area. Maybe I'll go out there this weekend when I'm at my parents house.[/QUOTE]

WHAT...there's a store by the IHOP?!?!? I have to add that to the itinerary. Guess that will another hour to the search....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Meh, don't bother. I was there last weekend and they didn't have squat.[/QUOTE]

Its hit and miss with that HPB. There has been times when I would go one day and find not a thing yet show up the next day and easily find a few things within a few minutes that weren't there the day before. Then again it depends on what you are looking for too. Me... its usually CDs, DVDs, and (gasp) Laserdiscs.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Its hit and miss with that HPB. There has been times when I would go one day and find not a thing yet show up the next day and easily find a few things within a few minutes that weren't there the day before. Then again it depends on what you are looking for too. Me... its usually CDs, DVDs, and (gasp) Laserdiscs.[/QUOTE]

I almost bought a Jurassic Park Laserdisc there not too long ago. I don't have a Laserdisc player but JP is like a childhood nostalgia thing for me (I think I was about 10 or 11 when it came out).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I almost bought a Jurassic Park Laserdisc there not too long ago. I don't have a Laserdisc player but JP is like a childhood nostalgia thing for me (I think I was about 10 or 11 when it came out).[/QUOTE]

I almost grabbed that one myself but since it has nothing on it that isn't on the current DVD I passed. Last LD I grabbed there was "Bambi" since it has the sound effect track that is NOT on the DVD release. Worth the $7 I paid for it right there just for that alone. :D

The independent game store by Noodles & Company is Toyriffic - they're pretty good people, and they pay cash (albeit little) for games. They also have virtually every rare game I'm aware of... for a pretty hefty fee. Twice a year they do a half-off sale that's pretty well frequented, but they pull all the systems and rare stuff. Still worth checking out; I'll post it here the next time one comes around.

any one near the bloomington area? the only good places i know of is Discland and Games n Go, i heard there's a cool place in Eagan that sells a bunch of rare games but i cant find it! im a video game and dvd collector so if you guys know of any where thats close and sells rare stuff please let me know. oh and btw im really looking for the X files DVD's, i just starting getting into that show and have been searching for a month but no luck, and all i find on ebay is bootleg versions. please help, thanks.

[quote name='Rxneo']any one near the bloomington area? the only good places i know of is Discland and Games n Go, i heard there's a cool place in Eagan that sells a bunch of rare games but i cant find it! im a video game and dvd collector so if you guys know of any where thats close and sells rare stuff please let me know. oh and btw im really looking for the X files DVD's, i just starting getting into that show and have been searching for a month but no luck, and all i find on ebay is bootleg versions. please help, thanks.[/QUOTE]

That place in Eagan is probably Cedar Cliff Collectables. I know how you feel about the X-Files DVDs, I just got a set that I bought off Ebay for somebody as a christmas gift and it was a bootleg even though the auction said it was the US release. A lot of sites like Deep Discount DVD list some X-Files seasons for around $35 shipping at the end of January so they may be getting a re-release at prices that aren't insane.

awesome, thanks for the site, and hopefully youre right about the x files re release, thated be awesome! thanks again

[quote name='SDMeslow']The independent game store by Noodles & Company is Toyriffic - they're pretty good people, and they pay cash (albeit little) for games. Twice a year they do a half-off sale that's pretty well frequented, but they pull all the systems and rare stuff. Still worth checking out; I'll post it here the next time one comes around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks SD! That sounds awesome.

[quote name='iflabs']Anyone planning to stop by TRU tomorrow for the markdowns?

I call TRU Blaine! -_-[/QUOTE]

Just leave me one copy of RE 4, that's all I ask.

[quote name='iflabs']Anyone planning to stop by TRU tomorrow for the markdowns?

I call TRU Blaine! -_-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you, Demolition Man, and at least 1-2 others as well... Hence the reason I'm glad there's only one other CAG in St. Cloud and he doesn't post/visit very often.

[quote name='starman9000']Anybody in Moorhead gonna go to the Fargo store? Maybe I should post in the ND thread, if there is one.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there

Everyone seems far from the Twin Cities. I'd call Roseville or Burnsville, but I'm broke atm.

I don't think anyone knows what I'm talking about.. but what's that game store that's near 94E it's around the border of MN and WI. It has Sonic on the front window? But I think I'll check that store out one day.. if it's worth checking.

edit: There is no Roseville. I completely forgot.

[quote name='1SwtDeception']Everyone seems far from the Twin Cities. I'd call Roseville or Burnsville, but I'm broke atm.

I don't think anyone knows what I'm talking about.. but what's that game store that's near 94E it's around the border of MN and WI. It has Sonic on the front window? But I think I'll check that store out one day.. if it's worth checking.[/QUOTE]

Your probably thinking of Toyriffic in Hudson. I don't know if they have a Sonic in the window, but thats the only thing I can think of.

I checked the store last night and made sure they had everything...

I'm assuming you are the one that walked in about 10 after 8.

I grabbed

RE4 x2
Pikmin 2 x2
Psychonauts
Golden Sun 2 (Lots of these left)

[quote name='Rihan']I checked the store last night and made sure they had everything...

I'm assuming you are the one that walked in about 10 after 8.

I grabbed

RE4 x2
Pikmin 2 x2
Psychonauts
Golden Sun 2 (Lots of these left)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for leaving that last RE4.

I went back a little bit later for Pirates, and about 3 employees were looking for games for themselves.

FYI if anyone wants pirates the tag is on the top row, with no case around it.

[quote name='iflabs']Well, I went in at roughly 3:00 PM today and came out with nothing. I just wanted Transformers. :([/QUOTE]

There was a copy of Transformers at the Ridgedale TRU at 8am this morning. It wasn't on the shelf but was in with some of their other low priced games near the R-Zone counter.

Did really well at Ridgedale. RE4, Tekken 5, DDS, Halo 2, Doom 3, FF DoS were all there. Plenty of Tekken but I got the last two RE4's, DDS, and FF DoS. No other CAG's, just two guys with lists printed from Fat Wallet where there. Otherwise empty of pretty much any other customer.

[quote name='starman9000']Thanks for leaving that last RE4.

I went back a little bit later for Pirates, and about 3 employees were looking for games for themselves.

FYI if anyone wants pirates the tag is on the top row, with no case around it.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I just needed 2, no sense hoarding games I don't need :D

[quote name='iflabs']Well, I went in at roughly 3:00 PM today and came out with nothing. I just wanted Transformers. :([/QUOTE]

There was also at least one copy of Transformers at Burnsville when I went in today around 4. Surprisingly, it didn't seem like many people around there knew about the sale at all. The employess had no idea that there even WAS a sale.

I picked up Metal Slug Advance, F-Zero GX, Dark Cloud 2, & Romance of the Three Kingdoms X.

There were a lot of copies of Pariah, Predator, Project Snowblind, Blood Rayne 2 and at least one copy of FF I&II that I can remember off the top of my head. But if you go in, I would look around yourself because I asked the guy working there if he had seen any copies of Metal Slug Advance and he said he'd never seen it...while standing right in front of it.

Did any CAGs hit the Maplewood TRU? That's where I would've been, but I'm visiting family in Texas right now (and did well at the local TRU - RE4, Psychonauts, Killer 7, FF DOS). Just curious how their stock ended up being!

[quote name='SDMeslow']Did any CAGs hit the Maplewood TRU? That's where I would've been, but I'm visiting family in Texas right now (and did well at the local TRU - RE4, Psychonauts, Killer 7, FF DOS). Just curious how their stock ended up being![/QUOTE]

I didn't have a chance to go yesterday. I'm gonna give it a try today, but I'm not too optimistic.

I went to the TRU in Burnsville to check out the sale and noticed the Mario cart + ultimate Spiderman bundle + Starter kit for 149.99 deal. I went up to the guy working and of course they were out, but he told me I could build my own bundle including a DS + game of my choice + started kit for 129.99. Not a bad deal if you need a DS and want the new Castlevania game.

Went to Maplewood TRU and there were $9.98 titles available, and the salesperson working there was AWESOME - he went through and told me which titles were on sale and available. I picked up titles for the GC...

Fight Night 2 (several available)
Def Jam 2 (avail)
Wario Ware (I think I got the last one)
Madden 05
Pokemon Channel (for the little kids...)

They also had Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, Virtua Quest, and others I can't think of right now. However, the salesman told me someone came in last night and picked all 4 RE4...

No Mario Parties (4, 5) were in stock, either....

Went to Blaine this morning. They had a bin setup that was a complete clusterfuck. I had to dig to find what I was looking for. I eventually found Madden 05 DS and Ninja Gaiden XBox - and somehow I didn't even notice Gaiden on the list at all until I got home. I had my hands on Doom 3 XBox but put it back. Stupid me as I realize I should of gotten it so I went back this afternoon. They were all gone. They did have the "limited" edition for $30, which I passed on. I'll wait for a good sale on the LE at this point, as I see many stores with FLOODS of them so I suspect some big markdowns soon on em.

No RE4 or anything else I was looking for. However if anyone is looking for the Texas Hold Em GBA game the Blaine location had at least 30 of them.

Oh, and for anyone who visited after 4:30 PM today you might notice that clusterfuck bin is a bit cleaner since I organized it while praying to find a Doom 3.... yeah I really feel pwned to have missed out.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Went to Blaine this morning. They had a bin setup that was a complete clusterfuck. I had to dig to find what I was looking for. I eventually found Madden 05 DS and Ninja Gaiden XBox - and somehow I didn't even notice Gaiden on the list at all until I got home. I had my hands on Doom 3 XBox but put it back. Stupid me as I realize I should of gotten it so I went back this afternoon. They were all gone. They did have the "limited" edition for $30, which I passed on. I'll wait for a good sale on the LE at this point, as I see many stores with FLOODS of them so I suspect some big markdowns soon on em.

No RE4 or anything else I was looking for. However if anyone is looking for the Texas Hold Em GBA game the Blaine location had at least 30 of them.

Oh, and for anyone who visited after 4:30 PM today you might notice that clusterfuck bin is a bit cleaner since I organized it while praying to find a Doom 3.... yeah I really feel pwned to have missed out.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. In went in there on Thursaday at 3:00 PM; took a skim over the top of the pile of games and didn't bother any further. They didn't even have the ML11 action figures I were looking for. Argggghh matey.

[quote name='iflabs']LMAO. In went in there on Thursaday at 3:00 PM; took a skim over the top of the pile of games and didn't bother any further. They didn't even have the ML11 action figures I were looking for. Argggghh matey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that TRU is bad for being absolutely slow at getting new product. Took them forever just to get the TNA Series 2 line, but I finally grabbed the Christopher Daniels figure (and might go back to get Ron Killings). Hope they don't take forever getting Series 3 as there is a new Raven figure amongst it. :D

bread's done
Back