Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

If anyone's still looking for some cheap Prince of Persia 360, the Brooklyn Center Target had a bunch of copies (around a dozen, I'd guess) for 14.98 when I was there earlier today.

PoP hasn't dropped below $10 yet, huh? I've seen dozens of copies across the Metro at various Targets. I'm waiting for that last drop.

[quote name='manthing']Target at Lake&Hiawatha had copies of Lips for $12.48 last night, unmarked.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the last 2 if anyone is interested in one, PM me, else I'm just gonna sell it online for some profit

I might end up grabbing PoP tomorrow even if its still $14.98 or so. I remember trying to play the waiting game on the 10+ copies of Endless Ocean for the Wii to drop... then one day all the copies were gone.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I might end up grabbing PoP tomorrow even if its still $14.98 or so. I remember trying to play the waiting game on the 10+ copies of Endless Ocean for the Wii to drop... then one day all the copies were gone.[/QUOTE]
You will miss out on a ton of clearance games if you wait for a price to drop below 75% off (which PoP is @ $14.98). I have never seen a price lower and only a small number of CAGs have. Target is more likely to pull a stack of 75% off games and sell/donate them to Goodwill if they don't sell than to drop the price further.

If anyone can pick me up a copy of POP for $15 or something near that, I would gladly pay you. I live down by Rochester and Haven't been able to get all that many deals over the past couple months. Also what has everyone seen as far as shooters and newly released price drops.

FYI: Richfield Best Buy has a pretty good clearance table at the front of the store. I'm just going off of memory so this may not be completely accurate but:
:ps3: RB Track Pack V2 for $14.99 (On the racks they had more marked at $29.99?)
:ps3: Disney sing-it games with mics for $15
A bunch of other PS3 and 360 games for $10-25.
Off brand guitar controllers for PS2 for $4
A bunch of game guides for $5 and $10 (PoP, Gears of War, etc.)

As mentioned earlier by me, discount 70 on central ave in columbia heights has LE fable 2. Picked 1 up yesterday when I saw the price at $18. 1-2 left as of yesterday.

Also of note for those that wanted a streetfighter te fightstick I know of a couple stores that have them 1 in stock pm if interested

[quote name='PapaSmerf']You will miss out on a ton of clearance games if you wait for a price to drop below 75% off (which PoP is @ $14.98). I have never seen a price lower and only a small number of CAGs have. Target is more likely to pull a stack of 75% off games and sell/donate them to Goodwill if they don't sell than to drop the price further.[/QUOTE]

Donate for tax write off in this case. You are right on never getting them at the 75% off mark. I dunno but the cheap ass in me always has hopes of getting that extra percent off. Maybe I just need to learn that $14.98 is still better than $59.99 or so. :)

Dammit, who is the one who bought the copy of Fable II LE I had on hold in the back at Discount 70!?!? Had to be someone from here (or another similar site if there is one) since they were specifically looking for it. I was so pissed when I drove all the way there to pick it up and then wait 30 minutes until the employee I talked to was done helping a customer just to be told that an employee sold the one put in back for me! I know its first come first serve, but thats just rude bullshit taking a held item.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Dammit, who is the one who bought the copy of Fable II LE I had on hold in the back at Discount 70!?!? Had to be someone from here (or another similar site if there is one) since they were specifically looking for it. I was so pissed when I drove all the way there to pick it up and then wait 30 minutes until the employee I talked to was done helping a customer just to be told that an employee sold the one put in back for me! I know its first come first serve, but thats just rude bullshit taking a held item.[/QUOTE]
This is why I ask to be pm'd for specific details on the better items found. Sorry for the headache. I'll let you know if I am not keeping the copy I bought.

Yeah, I left for work early today to check out Discount 70, what a shithole that place is, some deals but its a cramped store. Did not see the Fable II, but oh well...I did find that Wal-Mart in Stillwater (a.k.a. Oak Park Heights) has the Red 360 play and charge controller for $46 on clearance, they also sell rotton chicken, I would go and get the controller if I where you....

I went to the Apple Valley Target last night, and they had 12 copies (11 counting the one I bought) of Prince of Persia for the 360. They had a bunch of other decent stuff too.. but for the life of me, I can't remember all of it...

I think there were about 6 copies of Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena for $30.. and 4 or 5 some PS3 Clancy game with a bluetooth headset for $42 (or so).

[quote name='manthing']The Blaine TRU had over a dozen 360 VGA adapters that ring up @ $3.20 with the 20% clearance sale[/QUOTE]

Too bad the official one doesn't allow 1920x1080, glad I have that pelican add on fan thing (I know that part isn't needed), its lets me do the full resolution.

If anyone wanted a streetfighter4 TE stick for $360 I'll sell the new sealed one I have at a discount. Will provide reciept as well. pm if interested.

booyah! ... for PapaSmerf. Got some zombie love on the cheap because he was looking out for fellow CAG's. Really a standup guy - Thank you sir!

Just after I caution Idx86 and Demolition Man about games not dropping below 75%, I find some. PoP and GHIII (yeah, I know) were at 85% off today at $7.54 and $3.74 respectively. Also found FEAR2 for $12.48. PM me for locations. I need to return my $14.98 copy of PoP.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Just after I caution Idx86 and Demolition Man about games not dropping below 75%, I find some. PoP and GHIII (yeah, I know) were at 85% off today at $7.54 and $3.74 respectively. Also found FEAR2 for $12.48. PM me for locations. I need to return my $14.98 copy of PoP.[/QUOTE]

Your caution was justified. It's pretty rare for them to drop below 75% off. However, with the 20-30 copies some stores have of these games - I can understand the further reduction.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Don't go to the Plymouth GameStop if you plan to return anything, I think they are run differently or something because the employees all wear uniforms and they only would give Store Credit for the returns I made. Not sure if it was just my luck, but I wouldn't trust em.

Another note, the GameStop in Brooklyn Center takes manuals out of the cases, so always check before passing on a game because of nothing in the case.[/QUOTE]

were the items new or used? who did you deal with? don't deal with the jerk with the shaved head and tattoos, the manager kristina is very nice tho

Not a MN specific deal, but I took advantage of the $10 Eat Lead: Legend of Matt Hazard deal at Best Buy (Reward Zone $20 off coupon) at the Richfield location. They had about 6-7 copies left.

If you don't like the game, the GS value is $8 so it would be like a cheap or free rental (if you have other games and can get the 40%+10% Edge card bump).

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Just after I caution Idx86 and Demolition Man about games not dropping below 75%, I find some. PoP and GHIII (yeah, I know) were at 85% off today at $7.54 and $3.74 respectively. Also found FEAR2 for $12.48. PM me for locations. I need to return my $14.98 copy of PoP.[/QUOTE]

Can you please PM me where I can get PoP. I'm only on my PS3 and can't seem to PM you. Thanks

[quote name='SePhoBroth']Can you please PM me where I can get PoP. I'm only on my PS3 and can't seem to PM you. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry to not post earlier, but the remaining copies of PoP were gone within 24 hours.

Forgot to post this last week. The Eden Prairie Walmart has a couple Gamecubes on clearance for $40. Not sure if they are still there...

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Sorry to not post earlier, but the remaining copies of PoP were gone within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

That sucks! Thanks anyway.

[quote name='gfshurts']Forgot to post this last week. The Eden Prairie Walmart has a couple Gamecubes on clearance for $40. Not sure if they are still there...[/QUOTE]

Gamecubes are also $40 with the 20% off TRU Clearance, but I don't remember which store I saw them at last weekend.

:oops:

I haven't been to the Rogers BB in a few weeks, but they had a new clearance section near the registers I hadn't seen before. I got:

:ps3: Afro Samurai $19.99 (had 1 left after mine)
:ps3: Tomb Raider Underworld $19.99 (also 1 left)
:ps3: GTA4 Collector's Edition $19.99 (ditto)
:ps3: Lair $29.99 (only one, might return since I'm not sure what this goes for online)

They had some other stuff, like the Endwar pack you see everywhere for ~$35, Prince of Persia PS3 for $20, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand for $25, not much to speak of for 360.

There were also a few copies of Eat Lead left that can be had for $10 with the RZ coupon.

[quote name='manthing']As of last night Maplewood BB had 4-5 copies of Eat Lead.

Even for $10, I couldn't buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. The RPG level boss was great. For Achievement whores you can unlock 700-800 points easily the first time through.

I had no problem returning and repurchasing my copy of PoP at the Apple Valley Target.

Mine was still sealed, though.. I got it a few days before the drop.

[quote name='toastapley']were the items new or used? who did you deal with? don't deal with the jerk with the shaved head and tattoos, the manager kristina is very nice tho[/QUOTE]

Kristina, Brandon and Noel(if he's still there) are pretty good about things, the assistant manager Todd(bald with tats) comes off as a bit of an ass, he'd have to really know you to cut you any slack. I've known him about two years, he's not really as bad as he comes off as.

I just got back from Richfield Bestbuy. All clearance games on the table near the cashiers are now 4.99. On the top of my head, as of 2:00 pm

Tom Clancy's End War(PS3) : 1 left
Singstar Vol.2(PS3): 1 left
American Idol Encore 2(PS3): 3 left
and many more

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, Kmart in Minnetonka is closing. 20% off games, 10% off systems. They still had lots of ps3's and xboxes. I picked up a lcd tv for a steal.

I picked up Shaun White Snowboarding for the PS3 fo4 $5 and Mortal Combat vs DC Universe for $7 yesterday at the Eagan Sam's Club. Both were for the PS3. They had Shaun White for the PSP for the same price and I also got Resistance for the PSP for $18. The checkout woman said she had just done the mark down 2 hours before I got there so maybe others did mark downs yesterday too.

[quote name='One4Deuce']By the way, has anyone picked up any games from Sam's at a good price?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228811

I saw a report in that thread of Prototype for $27.81![/QUOTE]

Man, looking for some deals. Found a few Radioshacks that had GTA: IV for $12 a couple of months back and want to try and hunt some more.

Anything out there?

Anyone having any luck at Hollywood Video?
If you're willing to help a fellow CAG out and have extras of any of these I'd gladly pay an extra buck or two per game:
Fable II
Nuts & Bolts
Dirt
Army of Two
Brother’s in Arms – Hell’s Highway
Halo Wars
Bullet Witch
Crackdown
GTA IV
CSI
Fight Night 3
Eternal Sonata
Tales of Vesperia
Kane & Lynch
Mirror’s Edge
Operation Darkness
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
King Kong
Star Ocean
Godfather
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Simpsons
Top Spin 3
Trivia Pursuit
Velvet Assassin
Wanted: Weapons of Fate
X-Blades

All on 360

So 2 things...
1. Anyone who lives near the Elk River GameStop please PM me.
2. Any luck with the HWV deal? The one near Lake Calhoun didn't have it or know about it.

No luck with the HV deal here...checked Elk River. I could swing by the GS in ER if needed, just need a day or two notice.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']So 2 things...
1. Anyone who lives near the Elk River GameStop please PM me.
2. Any luck with the HWV deal? The one near Lake Calhoun didn't have it or know about it.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back