Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='Ozium']The best deal is they have the Animal Crossing: City Folk bundle w/ Wii Speak for $10! Picked up one for myself and one for a buddy... the Wii Speak alone sells for $30 so if you are able to turn around and ebay it you will be golden...[/QUOTE]

Must have been a mistake (lucky you!) as it's $42 and not in that section.

[quote name='gfshurts']Yes it was at the MoA Best Buy. I was taking a look at the clearance games, he came up and made mention of the great deals on them. Then he asked what system I had, I said PS3 and he right away looked at the shelf and said, "we had some Resistance 2 copies for $20...hmmm...don't see any... let me check the back room." I said that'd be great.

One of the few times I've had great service at any store, let alone a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I bought two copies; you can buy one at cost if you want to pick it up. I'm in Northeast near campus.

Of course, this is provided you're not going to resell...

RE to Animal Crossing stuff... those flew of the shelf like crazy... I just bought 3 two days ago, and there were like 6 left after that. Should've just bought all of them like my gut told me to. Good trade bait/ unemployment supplemental.

Weird. Like I said, when I was there a few days ago they were $42 in the normal Wii area. So they cleaned out some copies but not all? *shrug*

EDIT: Success! Made them take the one they had in a plastic box bundled with the guide (as they like to do there) and sell it to me for $10. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I called yesterday and they said they had 0 in stock, so I have no idea. Maybe someone convinced them to sell the regularly priced copies for 10$? Regardless, the whole thing is different from the typical BB clearance rack... all manager overrides... so they could theoretically do it with any game they're overstocked with. The manager there told me they do it cause they get 5x the volume of games due to MoA traffic - she also said to look back in like October.

FYI, Kmart in Minnetonka that is closing has games at 25% off (nothing too noteable, just lots of them). Systems and accessories at 20% off. They had 1 blue ds, a few xbox 360's and PS3's. They also had 3 4000 pt MS cards. So $40 for those after discount.

BB @ M0A had over twenty Animal Crossing City Folk bundles for $10 and about 10 + or so Resistance 2 CE for $20. As soon as it was posted here, they were gone within 2 days. Just saying it was not a mistake, just a clearance. I am aware of many BB's that clearance some copies of a title and leave some copies full price. Edina is an example of the Animal Crossing bundle. They had about 14 copies and only 3 were 50% off.

I have a :360: Street Fighter 4 from when they were $20 at Gamestop that I am not keeping since I finally tracked down the :ps3: version for the same price. If any local CAG wants it for cost+tax PM me or else I'll just return it.

I've found it for $30 at Shingle Creek. Had about 4 left on monday. They also had tons of ps3 and xbox games.

Off the top of my head,

:ps3: GRAW2, Shaun White Snowboarding (Target Edition - LIKE 15 COPIES, oooh, aaah!!!,lol) Motorstorm: PR, TC: HAWX.

:360: Wheelman, NCAA 09, Mass Effect, Legends of Wrestlemania (new one) and a couple other games that slip my mind)

Not sure I want to keep my $41 rock band full band kit from the kmart clearance. If anyone wants it at cost just let me know. Anyone that wants it and wants a pacific rift I can grab that at cost if still available. I can meet in Eagan friday-sun. or columbia hts mon-thurs.

[quote name='rmb']Not sure I want to keep my $41 rock band full band kit from the kmart clearance. If anyone wants it at cost just let me know. Anyone that wants it and wants a pacific rift I can grab that at cost if still available. I can meet in Eagan friday-sun. or columbia hts mon-thurs.[/QUOTE]
I just returned a 360 version yesterday :lol:. There were still 2 PS3 versions there. They just can't get rid of these. Maybe at < $20.

[quote name='rmb']Not sure I want to keep my $41 rock band full band kit from the kmart clearance. If anyone wants it at cost just let me know. Anyone that wants it and wants a pacific rift I can grab that at cost if still available. I can meet in Eagan friday-sun. or columbia hts mon-thurs.[/QUOTE]
Could I just meet you in Eagan for Pacific Rift sometime this weekend? I don't want Rock Band though :(. $20 for Pacific Rift?

[quote name='One4Deuce']Could I just meet you in Eagan for Pacific Rift sometime this weekend? I don't want Rock Band though :(. $20 for Pacific Rift?[/QUOTE]
just went today to check on more and they were wiped out. So no more at $15 for now.

[quote name='rmb']just went today to check on more and they were wiped out. So no more at $15 for now.[/QUOTE]
Damn, thanks for looking though... I appreciate it.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Damn, thanks for looking though... I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

No problem. If they would have had any in stock I'd have bought the rest. I didn't know so many were looking to grab this one, plus the fact that it seems to be a slower drop.

For everyone that doesn't pay attention to the dvd/br deals... get in there for a smoking deal. Only local besides myself I have seen is manthing. On another note anyone that would want that 360 rb bundle let me know asap as I have decided to return it.

I can check today at the Shingle Creek Target for any MS:pR. I know they still had like 3 or 4 yesterday, but they were still $30.

[quote name='MAGfuz']I can check today at the Shingle Creek Target for any MS:pR. I know they still had like 3 or 4 yesterday, but they were still $30.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm like 4+ copies of m:pr are now down to 15.00 at shingle creek...

Nothing much else, snagged 2 battlestation pacifics (360) for 15 each. 2 left as of about 2 pm

no more mass effect though. Own the regular, wanting to catch the 2 disc for cheap though.

Which brings me to minnetonka kmart. Games are now 30% off with a great selection still. They had mass effect for 14, should've bit. But did get the last 4000pt. Live card for 25% off
37.50 I believe...

SOB! I bought it like 2 weeks ago, at $30. Would I be able to have them PM it or not? I did have intentions to stop and look at target, but forgot!

So can I PM it, even if I bought it when it was on clearance, and now it's marked down even more?

Uh... wish I could get one of those copies of M:pR, don't have the time tomorrow and not willing to make the drive if I can't know for sure the game will be there :(.

[quote name='MAGfuz']SOB! I bought it like 2 weeks ago, at $30. Would I be able to have them PM it or not? I did have intentions to stop and look at target, but forgot!

So can I PM it, even if I bought it when it was on clearance, and now it's marked down even more?[/QUOTE]
Some have been successful returning and buying in one transaction. It is worth a shot.

Picked up a :ps3: Rock Band 1 bundle today for $15 at a KMart

I also saw a :360: RB1 bundle, but I didn't bother to get it PC'd at a different KMart.

Also saw a :360: Rock Revo bundle at a third KMart, but it rang up at $37, NOT $7.

Also, if you're looking for any of those TVs from Kmart, don't bother. There aren't any at any KMart within 50 miles

[quote name='One4Deuce']Uh... wish I could get one of those copies of M:pR, don't have the time tomorrow and not willing to make the drive if I can't know for sure the game will be there :(.[/QUOTE]

I doubt I'll be back out that way - but if I spot one at another Target tomorrow for that price point, I'll grab you one...got a trade list? (edit:::next time, check the signature first, noob....) or straight cost is fine with me. I knew I should of gotten some for the local CAGers...

...now I know for next time.... ;)

Picked up my :ps3: version for $15 after the Chica who claimed to be the only one to be able to activate the price did so for me (It was $38 when I asked at the register). Bought back the :360: version I returned when a friend balked @ $38. He likes it @ $15, go figure....

[quote name='PapaSmerf']Some have been successful returning and buying in one transaction. It is worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Only thing is I opened my M:pR already. Ciuld a reciept work? Otherwise I'll just let this slide.

if anyone has a spare guitar for the 360 (that is compatible with GH and RB) I'm definitely interested, also would like to get the metallica game for dirt cheap.

[quote name='One4Deuce']Uh... wish I could get one of those copies of M:pR, don't have the time tomorrow and not willing to make the drive if I can't know for sure the game will be there :(.[/QUOTE]

Picked up a copy if you would like it...I dont have a PS3 so no use to me...

I also got Dead Space for PS3 for 15. If anyone has Dead Space (360) and wants to trade, let me know...it doesnt have to be sealed, just in great shape, and complete...

Found both with plenty of each left for those prices (15 each) at the Target Midway (Hamline and University in St. Paul)...also I think they had Socom Confrontation with mic for 29.xx - it was either there or Lake Street Target in Minneapolis...I can't remember...

got a couple extra pacific rift. Looking for a copy of left4dead if anyone has one for trade. Possibly other 360 stuff as well. Will sell at cost if you need it as well.

they went fast. only 1 left and if your looking for it I would trade for L4D

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone happens to find a Star Wars: TFU for :ps3: for cheap (heard Target has it clearanced to $15, but that was on a 360 message board) could you pm me? thanks

[quote name='MAGfuz']Anyone happens to find a Star Wars: TFU for :ps3: for cheap (heard Target has it clearanced to $15, but that was on a 360 message board) could you pm me? thanks[/QUOTE]

Every Hollywood Video without a GameCrazy attached has it for $15, and they all had it in stock last I saw.

[quote name='Idx86']NCAA '09 for the 360 is $14.98 at Target in the Quarry. There were 4 copies left after I grabbed one.[/QUOTE]

Same thing at several Target locations I was at yesterday. Heck I almost walked into the Favre jerseys displayer on the way into the Northtown location that was next to the entrance. Damn Favre... can't escape the bastard. :lol:

Pretty kick ass. I walked into the GC on 55 and 24th (out in Plymouth) and walked away with a rand new copy of SW:TFU for $15.

Saw a hoarder this morning at the Best Buy in Minnetonka - cleaned out the clearance rack that was just stocked this morning. Left nothing but shovelware.

I got there right before he did so I picked out what I wanted but there was nothing left for other gamers.

If the hoarder is reading this: Go fuck yourself!

[quote name='no_exit']Saw a hoarder this morning at the Best Buy in Minnetonka - cleaned out the clearance rack that was just stocked this morning. Left nothing but shovelware.

I got there right before he did so I picked out what I wanted but there was nothing left for other gamers.

If the hoarder is reading this: Go fuck yourself![/QUOTE]
What did we miss? I believe they usually post 50% off on the more popular titles. Does not seem like it would make a hoarder/seller much of a profit if any.

I was just at the Columbia Heights(Hilltop), MN Target and they had only one 1600 Microsoft Points card left for $9.98. I've called other Targets around the area and it seems that either the employees don't know how to do a SKU search or what the 1600 points card are. I'm going to attempt a price match with one of the $19.99 Microsoft Points card with my receipt tomorrow. If it works, I'll scan my copy of the receipt for everyone else, and let you know which stores it worked at.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I was just at the Columbia Heights(Hilltop), MN Target and they had only one 1600 Microsoft Points card left for $9.98. I've called other Targets around the area and it seems that either the employees don't know how to do a SKU search or what the 1600 points card are. I'm going to attempt a price match with one of the $19.99 Microsoft Points card with my receipt tomorrow. If it works, I'll scan my copy of the receipt for everyone else, and let you know which stores it worked at.[/QUOTE]

There were about 60-70 cards left when I checked late on Saturday. I'm heading back over there tonight and will post what I find.

[quote name='graft']There were about 60-70 cards left when I checked late on Saturday. I'm heading back over there tonight and will post what I find.[/QUOTE]

The cards are still there; they're up at the checkout lanes. I believe they were to the right of lanes 22 and 23. I've been keeping an eye on them, waiting for the price to drop once more. I believe they will drop to ~$5 next week sometime, if they last.

Good luck with the price matching -- the last I heard was that each store is allowed to clearance out items at their own volition.

Saw 3 :ps3: GH: Metallica's last night at Shingle Creek Target for $42 on clearance. Still got about 10 :ps3: SW:Snowboarding as well.

[quote name='graft']The cards are still there; they're up at the checkout lanes. I believe they were to the right of lanes 22 and 23. I've been keeping an eye on them, waiting for the price to drop once more. I believe they will drop to ~$5 next week sometime, if they last.

Good luck with the price matching -- the last I heard was that each store is allowed to clearance out items at their own volition.[/QUOTE]

I was holding back mentioning the cards myself because I was hoping they'd go to $5 next week as well. Now I just hope they'll be some left next week at all.

Also, Target does not pricematch clearance items.

[quote name='importguyr34']Why do you guys think they will drop to 5? Did someone say that?[/QUOTE]

Because it has followed the standard clearance price drops. Two weeks ago they were at 13.98, Last week to 50% off, so it's possible that next week it will go to 75%. It's not 100% confirmed that next week they'll be $5, but it's certainly possible if it continues to drop like everything else on clearance.

bread's done
Back