MK vs DC!!??? WTF? Update: Sub Zero Render

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm still hoping for wildstorm characters... the authority fits more with MK than JLA due to it's violence and character designs.[/QUOTE]

Possbility since the title is "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe", I guess leaving it open to things DC owns as well.

[quote name='Chacrana']The problem is that violence was the point of Mortal Kombat. It sure as hell doesn't have gameplay to back it up, so it seems like the gimmick this time around is just DC characters... which isn't particularly interesting.

The one thing this has made me want to do is go back and play some more MVC2.[/quote]

At night, and sometimes during the day - or while driving, I pray for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD Remix released on Xbox Live. :drool:

[quote name='chasemurata']At night, and sometimes during the day - or while driving, I pray for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 HD Remix released on Xbox Live. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I think it'd be more worth it to pray for MvC3

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']My reason why its fucked up is because MK thrives on violence while DC is polar opposite. It's like if you threw Micky Mouse during Vietnam. Yeah the star wars thing was pretty crazy (equal to this IMHO) but the fact that the characters work alongside the gameplay mechanics works.[/QUOTE]

25hd6ac.jpg

When the hell did Mickey Mouse ever do that?

[quote name='SMMM']
25hd6ac.jpg

When the hell did Mickey Mouse ever do that?[/QUOTE]

I phrased myself badly... I meant that the star wars characters work in soul calibur in a gameplay perspective...

micky mouse in veitnam did not.

they could have left the MK out... DC has more than enough characters for a full fighting game. People aren't that interested in MK anymore. So if Midway has a new license, use it for a new game instead of tacking it to the MK franchise. I love MK, but I think the world has seen enough MK.. move on Ed Boon... move on.

The fighting looks good, so I can't wait to play it and see the full character roster.

I really doubt this will any good. Didn't the MK guys say MK:Armageddon would be the last MK game for a really long time?

I really doubt this game will be any good. Besides who but the hardcore fans get excited about fighting games any more?

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm curious about how obscure they will get with this.

Chances are we won't be seeing anyone like Rocket Red or Blue Beetle.

Probably the core Justice Leaguers (Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter) then some people like Aquaman and Green Arrow.

I could see Darkseid and Shao Kahn as the "bosses".[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't Lobo have to be a character? I mean, that's got to be in the contract somewhere, right? It just seems too perfect.

I'm just having a hard time picturing Superman in this game. First off too damn bright to fit in with the game (even with all the gangs of multi-colored ninjas) and secondly is all I can imagine is him punching Scorpion to the sun.

Lobo though would indeed be a perfect fit in the game though. Lobo and basically The Authority from Wildstorm would make more sense then half the characters in the DC Universe.

[quote name='KingDox']Didn't the MK guys say MK:Armageddon would be the last MK game for a really long time?[/quote]

No, they said it was the last MK game on the current gen systems. The next one would be for the next-gen systems (PS3, X360)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I think it'd be more worth it to pray for MvC3[/quote]
Not gonna happen. EA bought the rights to any more "Marvel vs." titles, so unless you really want to see "Marvel vs Madden" or "Marvel vs James Bond" this might be your best bet...that is to say, let's never play another superhero fighting game ever again. ever.

I was wondering how they were going to handle fatalities since Batman doesnt kill. Also Superman wouldn't be that tough since he is vulnerable to magic based attacks as well as kryptonite :D

I hate to say it but I actually want to try this game when it comes out. Not going to buy it, but I would love to rent it :lol:

[quote name='SeanNOLA']Not gonna happen. EA bought the rights to any more "Marvel vs." titles, so unless you really want to see "Marvel vs Madden" or "Marvel vs James Bond" this might be your best bet...that is to say, let's never play another superhero fighting game ever again. ever.[/quote]
Uh, no. That was dissolved a few months ago. And to add to the breaking news, EA hasn't had the Bond license since I believe two E3s ago.

Don't forget that Vertigo characters are DC characters. V or Hellblazer anyone?? I don't think you could get much cooler then a Hellblazer vs Scorpion fight.

Wow,...just WOW. Like Communism, it sounds good on paper but blows in practice. MK with no fatalities is like having a gun and no bullets. Only way that this would even REMOTELY work is if they took the fighting mechanics of Tekken or similar and put in there. Either way, no fatalities? fuck that. I thought it was bad enough that MK:DA only had 1 fatality per person....

Hell, I refuse pretty much to buy Gran Tourismo games because Sony won't shell out for model damage. So much for a "racing simulator" :roll:

I have almost never enjoyed the MK series. Sure, when I was younger, it was cool to see a Fatality. But to me, it's a boring fighting game in general (even before the more recent garbage).

That being said, I love comic book characters, and a well done DC game would be awesome. But not paired with MK. Blech.

That trailer to me already looks to be off to a bad start. When Batman gets pushed out of the building, he gets hit with two generic (looking) punches, and then counters with what look like two more generic punches.

I'm betting that every character will have the same punch (and maybe kicks or something) attack as they fall out of a building/window, etc.) Lame to me if true.

All of this is IMO (and my own speculation), of course.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently "there will be blood" in the game. go to noob.com for proof.

http://noob.com/[/quote]

I thought I saw some blood in the trailer. Unless that is referencing something else.

[quote name='primetime']I thought I saw some blood in the trailer. Unless that is referencing something else.[/quote]

Yes its referencing the fact that there will be milkshakes in the game!:hot:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']apparently "there will be blood" in the game. go to noob.com for proof.

http://noob.com/[/QUOTE]

If you hold the left mouse button and drag below the picture, you will see the text

In case you were wondering....

I'm just curious if they're going to redesign Superman in someway or form because I still can't imagine him as he is appearing in the game. Unless they decide to go with the story and give him something like "Kryptonian Armor."

[quote name='Trakan']That Scorpion render looks terrible.[/quote]

Really? I kinda dig it.

I also like the fact that they redesign the costumes for every sequel instead of doing a higher-res version of what was done before. Must be tough to redesign the same character over an over and still have it look new, but still be immediately recognizable as the same character.

[quote name='Trakan']That Scorpion render looks terrible.[/QUOTE]

Too plain, not sure how I feel about this game, reserving judgment for now.

I agree, scorpion's yellow drape thing looks like its made out of those old pillows you'd find at your grandparents house when you were like 6.

Whats up with all the frozen arm sub zero's in the recent MK's, that just looks stupid! You don't see a dragon coming out of liu kang's ass do you!?

Fatalities are back!

http://forums.midway.com/mortal_kombat_vs_dc_universe/b10806/28631438/p1/

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6192868

Tells what theyll be showing at E3, and other stuff.
This stood out:

GS: Have you made any more headway on the fatality versus finishing moves?

EB: Yes we have. All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities. The DC heroes who don't kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don't actually kill the opponent.

EB: Going into this, we've had a number of conversations with DC about what people's reactions will be. We have been pleasantly surprised as to how cooperative DC has been with us. They understand that their universe isn't as violent as Mortal Kombat's and that there would be a lot of assumptions that the game would be a "watered-down MK." So from that standpoint, we know that is where a lot of player's concerns would be. With that, our discussions with DC are mainly based on individual items that may or may not be too violent or are not in brand with their characters. Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope.

Woot this game just did a 360 and now i'm waiting to see how it turns out.

bread's done
Back