MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

Yeah... that really sucked for me. You hit the hell out of the ball at the beginning, then the freakin' stutter when I was fielding screwed me royally several times, and I just started swinging at anything if there was only slight lag, cuz otherwise I had no chance whatsoever. I cannot believe this shit keeps happening.
GG though...

Keith, is it just me? Or are you experiencing this with others too? I had lag on my end too, not sure if it was as bad as yours, but I couldn't hit much after that first inning.

And yeah, it sent me back to the lobby too. Which leads me to beleive Sports Connect is fucked up.

[quote name='Wpark83']Keith, is it just me? Or are you experiencing this with others too? I had lag on my end too, not sure if it was as bad as yours, but I couldn't hit much after that first inning.

And yeah, it sent me back to the lobby too. Which leads me to beleive Sports Connect is fucked up.[/quote]

It (lag) has varied - this was the worst for me. Did you notice when I couldn't turn the double play? Or the fiasco w/that triple? Forget about trying to hit... I think that SC is definitely not equipped to deal with any volume of games being played. What is frustrating, as N8 has clearly expressed before, is that it's really a beautiful game that they have ruined w/the online problems, and insane issues w/the league stuff.

It's sad, because it is almost like, if you score first, you have a great chance of winning b/c something's gonna go wrong. Then, if you're on the losing end of a lag game, you feel ripped off, and if you win, you lose a little satisfaction knowing that the other person is upset. I've been on both sides, and generally try to avoid the "venting" post - but it does make me feel better to bitch a little. Do you think this is something that could still be corrected w/this version?

Anyway, good game Wpark, good luck the rest of the way!

Well forget about what I said earlier, I can't play tonight, I've been trying to play a game for the past 20 minutes and when I go to pitch the other person gets disconnected. This has happened 5 times in a row now, which is weird because I've never had any connectivity problems playing with other people online.

I just don't want to start a league game and have it disconnect, giving myself or another player the win.

You too. Tough game, I thought you had me when Pena doubled, and then the next inning when I screwed up the throw on that grounder back to the pitcher.

lol it was a good game. The past two games i've had have had some silly bugs, like when I threw to second and the second baseman missed it and it rolled to first, but no one was there.

I'm free to play my league games today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Available pretty much anytime.

I have NoNova, Basketcase, and Ivan left to play for league games. Sent them all PMs on Saturday, only got a reply back from NoNova so far and our game should be done by Wednesday.

[quote name='m_d_amore']only d/c i everr got was playing wpark
every other game was lag free

i dunno im connected with a wire[/quote]

I'm in a similar situation - also using a wire b/c wireless was flaky - been on a wire for entire season.
Keith
Not sure how wpark's could read great connection, yet be the problem, but who knows...

Keltonian,
Great game - one that neither of us deserved to lose. Can't believe Kazmir pitched a perfect game. I'm still shaking. lol. I was lucky to get the sac fly in the bottom of the 9th.

No lag to speak of on my end.

[quote name='melokeith']Not sure how wpark's could read great connection, yet be the problem, but who knows...[/quote]

Same thing I'm thinkin man...the only thing is maybe cause I'm on wireless? But I really have no way of getting wired, my router is in the room directly above me in my house. So it's not like I'm far away, and the speed is pretty high....but maybe the wireless is just flaky. But I do read see green for my connection speed when I play, and at the beginning of the game during team select, the connection speed says Great!...so I don't know. Congrats on the perfect gem!

Holy cow that was fun. Every strike Kaz got from the 7th on had me yelling. I SO wanted to ruin the perfect game. LOL. And that sac fly in the bottom of the 9th - I'm still kicking myself. I was all set to pitch four wide outside to set up the double play, when I decided on pitch three to be clever and sneak a strike in to see if I could get you swinging on the high outsides - maybe squeeze in an out. And so I drop one in high and BAM - perfect sac fly for the run and the 1-0 win. Man!

Great game. I had a blast.

No lag on my end either. Smooth the whole time.

[quote name='melokeith']Keltonian,
Great game - one that neither of us deserved to lose. Can't believe Kazmir pitched a perfect game. I'm still shaking. lol. I was lucky to get the sac fly in the bottom of the 9th.

No lag to speak of on my end.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard from ICT (Ivan)? I need to play him and Talon. I've seen Talon on quite a bit, so I know we'll sync up eventually, but I haven't heard from ICT, and I did pm him yesterday, I think.

Keith

[quote name='melokeith']Has anyone heard from ICT (Ivan)? I need to play him and Talon. I've seen Talon on quite a bit, so I know we'll sync up eventually, but I haven't heard from ICT, and I did pm him yesterday, I think.

Keith[/quote]

I e-mailed Ivan on 4/13 and he replied saying he could play me that night after 10 PM, but I didn't see him online that night.

I also sent him a PM on 4/18 and haven't heard back from him yet. I also sent a PM that day to BasketCase who I also need to play, haven't heard from him yet either.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']hey, never got a pm from anyone... but best of contact would be aim if you want an instant game

AIM: steggermeister[/quote]

ok, I'll add you on AIM, my AIM is GenDV138. I'm free tonight if you're around, otherwise I'll talk to you on AIM sometime.

I wanna get some games in tomorrow nite afterwork. Please email me or add me on twitter twitter.com/ivanctorres so we can get our ducks in a row.

sorry I have been awol but I have been caught up in a few things but I'm ready to get my game on.

All right, I updated the standings and emailed ivanctorres. I'm hoping some games get played tonight and we can unlock the next batch of games. I would strongly advise you guys to contact your series one opponent directly and try to get that game played. That is more than likely what's holding us up.

Ivan - I'm getting on for our 9pm game in just a few minutes - just confirming in case you check here.
cusemankeith

edit -
No show, no pm reply or twitter reply and it's heading toward 9:30... did I get the day wrong? My pm to you confirmed Thursday at 9 pm EST... let me know if I messed up.

edit #2 -
I'm gonna go do something else - if you get on and wanna play, send me a psn message. Not sure my twitter message got to you, as I just signed up special to message you, and don't know if you would see my post or not... but you definitely have a couple of pm's in your box from me...

Last edited by a moderator:
All right guys, we're basically at a point where the entire league is being held up by two people. ivanctorres hasn't played a single game and BasketCase1080 has played one game...in a league that has been active for over two weeks. At the pace you two are going, it'll take you a full year to finish the regular season. Needless to say, that aint happening. Everybody else has played at least 3 games, so I'm giving you both one week to get at least 3 games played or you'll be kicked from the league. Anyone who is kicked out of the league will be blacklisted from participating in future CAG leagues.

Once the schedule opens up again, EVERYBODY will be required to maintain a pace of 2 games per week (if you're ahead of schedule, good for you...you can afford to miss a week). Failure to meet the 2 game per week minimum will result in a warning. Miss the minimum a second time, and you'll be kicked from the league. It's stupid that I have to do it like this, but the game won't let us continue unless something is done. Most people here haven't had any trouble getting their games played. If you're having trouble with it, you need to ask yourself what you should be doing.

CALLING ALL MLB MEMBERS

I'm home and willing to play for the next three hours. If I have a game with you, PM me through CAG, I'll get the message right away on my blackberry and we'll play.

[quote name='yukine']Good game, jza1218, despite the lag. Damn Wright! I was hoping to give you your first loss. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the lag was tough, I just got lucky on the homer and managed to time it right. With the way the lag was going though, I thought I was going to lose.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been playing, I've been house hunting and if any of you have done that you know how time consuming it is. Anyways, I will be available starting Wednesday night and every night after that and probably all weekend. So if anyone is available around those times just send me a pm and we'll get our games in!

Also I still need to play:

MrFurley
NoNova
ICT_ESQGAMER
CaptainBackslap

So if you one of you 4 wanna play tonight let me know ASAP!

EDIT: Yes it is awesome, I have a legit DH in Aaron Dunn now :O

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']EDIT: Yes it is awesome, I have a legit DH in Aaron Dunn now :O[/quote]

That must be Adam Dunn's brother?

just bustin your balls ;)

[quote name='yukine']Wow, didn't talon get like Manny and Dunn? So now he can use them? :lol:[/quote]

Yeah... that's not fair - I obviously skipped picking them on purpose, as did everyone else who used the list...
Oh well...the whole draft was messed up, so I won't complain anymore, mostly just glad to be playing... speaking of which...
Talon - let me know when you want to play Wed. night or Thurs night. The only other person I need is Ivan, and honestly, I'm gonna wait for him to pm me, since I never heard back from him last week.

Well, talon doesn't have Manny AND Dunn. BostonCollegeFan has Dunn. I get what you're saying though, but it just is what it is. The best we can do is just play it out, and have a more reliable (hopefully) 2nd league. I went back in the thread to find this, just so we know who everybody "got back".
m_d_amore: Ty Wigginton
BostonCollegeFan: Adam Dunn
Wpark83: Andy Pettitte
melokeith: Tom Gordon
talonthrawn: Manny Ramirez, Ben Sheets, Mark Grudzielanek, Juan Cruz
ivanctorres: Moises Alou, Orlando Hudson, Ivan Rodriguez, Will Ohman
NoNova: Bobby Abreu, Orlando Cabrera
DestroVega: Jason Varitek, Oliver Perez, Curt Schilling, Nomar Garciaparra
I think ivanctorres stands to benefit the most because he hasn't played a game yet, and he'll have his full roster now. Although, he may not be here in a few more days anyway. Honestly, I'd be more pissed off about that than anything: good players being drafted by people who might end up being kicked out of the league. Kinda seems like a waste.

Also, all you guys who got starters back, you'll obviously be expected to use them from here on out. Everybody has to use a 5 man rotation now.

bread's done
Back