MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I'm going to try to play one more online game and see how it runs for me. It didn't go so good the first time around.[/quote]

Have you had a chance to play any more online? How's your lag? I've got a 10mbps connection and played a game last night...while downloading, and had zero lag. This never would have worked last year. I'm starting to believe lag problems are individual. Are you still in?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Room to join league? Would have asked earlier, but my wifi wasn't working for a while. New router and its fine now.[/quote]

If you're still interested in joining, send me a message. Right now we have 20 teams, but something MAY be opening up.

[quote name='m_d_amore']my coffin should be here on monday hopefully ill have my baby back by the following monday[/quote]

So you're just getting your coffin today...a one week turnaround (which seems ridiculously fast to me) would be the 23rd.

[quote name='Matt Young']If that card comes today, Monday, or Tuesday, I will have the TV by the 17th.[/quote]

And now it seems likely that you'll have your new TV before m_d_amore gets his PS3 back.

All right guys, I need some feedback on what everybody thinks of having the draft somewhere around the 23rd and starting games shortly thereafter. I still want to choose teams before then though. archibishopthedoge STILL hasn't been on CAG since 3/3 (I'm hoping he's just been on spring break and hasn't either A) died or B) been neglecting CAG.

Since most schools are back in session today, I sent him one last message and gave him 24 hours to respond. I'd really like a confirmed number of players by tomorrow, so I can set up the team selection lottery, and we can begin picking our teams. At least then, we'd be moving forward to have the draft around the 23rd. What does everybody think?

Well, fuck me running. Best Buy only gave me a $500 credit line for their card, so I can't even do the payment plan for a new TV. Thus, the PS3 goes back since it's (sadly) useless, and I'm getting a Wii.

Sorry guys. No baseball for me this season. :(

[quote name='Matt Young']Well, fuck me running. Best Buy only gave me a $500 credit line for their card, so I can't even do the payment plan for a new TV. Thus, the PS3 goes back since it's (sadly) useless, and I'm getting a Wii.

Sorry guys. No baseball for me this season. :([/quote]

So, not only are you not playing baseball, but you also have shitty credit..lol. WINNER!!! Just get a girl pregnant and you'll have the trifecta. Just make sure she's no older than 17, hahaha.

In all seriousness, that sucks Matt. Have fun Matt Youngin It with your Wii...wait...ewwwwww :puke:

All right, so we've officially lost Matt, and I'm about to extend the boot to archibishopthedoge. He hasn't been on CAG since March 3rd, and I understand all you college kids just had spring break, but if he's been on a two week vacation, then I'm kicking him out of sheer resentment, haha. Not all of us get to go to Cabo San Lucas and get wasted for a week anymore. That knocks us down to 18 guys, and I'm still waiting to hear from PureApathy to see if his connection is strong enough to support this game. Hopefully we'll have a final head count in the next day or two.

I forgot to sign up, if there is still room I'll join in. Regarding the draft, does it allow List style? I don't know if I can make it for a Live draft since I'm participating in two other tournaments that begin on the 23rd. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']I forgot to sign up, if there is still room I'll join in. Regarding the draft, does it allow List style? I don't know if I can make it for a Live draft since I'm participating in two other tournaments that begin on the 23rd. :lol:[/quote]

Well, I just contacted one person who expressed interest a few days ago regarding the opening created by PureApathy. If he joins, we'll have 18. You would make 19...which would mean we'd need one more. I'll definitely let you know if he decides to not join though.

And yeah, you don't have to be there for the live draft. You can arrange your choices ahead of time.

[quote name='ReturnofBoltz']I think I'm going to have to drop out. The lag has been unbearable for me lately.[/quote]

All right, thanks for being upfront about it.

yukine, you still want in?

Played a game tonight...great connection man...I had to swing a bit late to time up but, it was pretty solid the whole game.

All right, I'm officially cutting off the sign ups. With ReturnofBoltz dropping, that gives us 16 guys. My apologies to yukine, who had expressed interest in joining, but I sent you a PM yesterday at 2:24 PM, and haven't gotten a response. I know you've logged on since then and have even viewed this thread. Since you already mentioned having two tournaments coming up, my gut tells me you won't be in need of any MLB action.

I also never heard back from V4oLDbOY who mentioned once about being interested in joining. He has also signed into CAG since I PM'd him, and frankly, I'm just getting tired of waiting. So, we will stand pat at 16 teams. I'm preparing the lottery for team selection now, but I'm hoping I can do something really cool to get everybody really excited about this league, so just bear with me.

In the meantime (and while m_d_amore waits on his PS3), I want you guys to vote one more time on the number of games. Having 16 teams really gives us some flexibility because if we NOW went with the 3 games against your division/2 games against non-division format, it would give us a total of 37 games. If we did the 2/1 format, we'd have 22 games.

I don't know about the rest of you, but 37 is a number I can definitely commit to, and I think it would give us a good measure of who the best teams are. It would even give non-divisional rivals a chance for retribution, rather than being one and done. But to even consider that as a possibility, I want everybody to be committed to it. If you think 22 games is enough, then by all means, say so. That's all for now. Things should really start moving along this coming week!

[quote name='yukine']...I thought I replied to your PM. :wall:

Oh well, if someone has to drop out I could always be a backup?[/quote]

Haha, sorry man. I saw you sign on a couple times and I was like "Ok...waiting...waiting..." Plus, at this point, you'd just make 17. If you can find a reliable 18th person, I'll let you in. I just don't feel like trying to hunt anybody down. As far as anybody else dropping...if they think they might, they better do it in the next couple days. If they drop after I get everything rolling, I'll fucking kill somebody.

I don't know anyone else, it's fine since I could use some practice playing other aspects of the game... like hitting (I like playing my RTTS Pitcher a lot.) :lol:

I could go either way 37 or 22. im down for either one . my ps3 is in transt still so they should have it tommorow . hopefully they just send a replacement instead of repairing. sorry for impeding the leauges progress. i do look foward to playing with you guys. the little i was able to play online when it was working was flawless

I don't mind either. I'll commit to 22 or 37, I'm ready to get this bitch started. I'm glad we got a little practice window I think my hitting has gotten better but I'm sure I'm still going to get killed. I have really enjoyed this game so far so I can't wait to get started.

Oh man, I played two loooong games the other night. First one was a 20 inning game that I lost, second was a 10 inning game that I lost. Ugh.

The bugs in this game are terrible, Ive had about 4 games lost because for some reason my fielders wont catch a ball (ground or fly) hit directly to them, also if a runners on base and the batter strikes out but the catcher doesn't catch the ball the batter doesn't have the option of running to first, which is ridiculous because if no one is on base that isnt a problem.

[quote name='hhhdx4']The bugs in this game are terrible, Ive had about 4 games lost because for some reason my fielders wont catch a ball (ground or fly) hit directly to them, also if a runners on base and the batter strikes out but the catcher doesn't catch the ball the batter doesn't have the option of running to first, which is ridiculous because if no one is on base that isnt a problem.[/quote]

Wow...thanks for cluttering up our league thread with your whining. Not to mention, you don't even know the rules of baseball.

Rules 6.05 and 6.09 of the Official Baseball Rules,[1] under which Major League Baseball is played.
On an uncaught third strike with no runner on first base (or with two outs, regardless of whether there is a runner on first), the batter immediately becomes a runner. The strike is called, but the umpire does not call the batter out. The umpire may also actively signal that there is "no catch" of the pitch. The batter may then attempt to reach first base, and must be tagged or thrown out.

Note that if, at the time of the strike three pitch, first base is occupied with fewer than two outs, the batter is automatically out and cannot become a runner. This is to prevent the defense from deliberately dropping a third strike pitch and getting a double or triple play as a result, because of the possible force play at second or third base in this situation.
Way to make yourself look like a dumbass who just sucks at this game. Now do me a favor and delete your post.

37 games scares me based on people not sticking with it, and these games can be an hour long or more... I'd like to do 22 games and then another league with the people who are the real diehards, it took us two tries to get the right mix in the NHL league (for the most part)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...thanks for cluttering up our league thread with your whining. Not to mention, you don't even know the rules of baseball.

Way to make yourself look like a dumbass who just sucks at this game. Now do me a favor and delete your post.[/quote]

You're right, I totally forgot about that rule. I also thought this was the MLB 09 thread I didnt see the other one, sorry guys.

[quote name='hhhdx4']You're right, I totally forgot about that rule. I also thought this was the MLB 09 thread I didnt see the other one, sorry guys.[/quote]

It's cool man. Sorry to bite your head off for it. It just kinda came off as though you were flaming. The offer stands though. Delete that post, I'll delete mine, and we can pretend this never happened ;)

I'll commit to either amount of games. If everyone else is gonna stick with it, then 37's the way to go. If there is any fear of people flaking out, then go w/22 and we can do another one w/diehards like Destro said.

maybe a silly question but does the league work like a madden one does like if you see a guy on you can play your game? or is it a set schedule?

[quote name='m_d_amore']maybe a silly question but does the league work like a madden one does like if you see a guy on you can play your game? or is it a set schedule?[/quote]

No, it's got a flex schedule like Madden. Anyone that you've got a game against, you can play at any time.

I've got my "special project" for the team selection lottery almost finished. I should have that up sometime tonight (more than likely after midnight as it is hockey night tonight). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh good that makes me more inclined to say 37 games.

also since it seems the 16 players is it possible to do like 2 of your team lotteries and let you choose between them if you know what i mean. im sure there would be duplicates but a fair game of rock scissor paper can be played for the name rights .

All right, the team selection lottery is now up! I had a couple interesting problems with it last night, but I finally got them sorted out. You can find it in the OP. The way team selection will now work is the #1 pick will post his team choice and we'll go right down the list. DO NOT post your team choice until the person ahead of you in the draft has made theirs. With that said...

Team #1, you are on the clock! :)

I'm having an issue where if I access the Buddy List in MLB, I get booted from SportsConnect...anyone else have that problem? cause I'm trying to add everyone to the list.

[quote name='Wpark83']Holy shit Nate...waaaaaayyy too much time, haha.

I like it though. Let's get this shit started.[/quote]

Just trying to make it as exciting as possible so people will WANT to play their games. Plus, I'd really like to do 37 games, so I want to keep people interested.

[quote name='NoNova']I'm picking San Diego as my team[/quote]

And we're off! Great job getting your pick in right away!

Team #2...you are on the clock! :)

bread's done
Back