MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

Good, even if m_d_amore gets his PS3 back tomorrow, I'm thinking that would be a good day because it'll give me time to get everything set up...and give you guys time to set your picks up.

I have Grad class on Tuesday after work, but will be home around 8pm EST - of course I can autodraft if it takes place earlier on Tuesday.

keith

I guess Tuesday is ok, I have a story to cover at 4, and have to write it by 11 the next morning, so I would have preferred another day. But since no one else has a problem with it, thats fine.

While we're waiting on m_d_amore to get his PS3 back, I just thought I'd post this again. It's the custom music for player walk ups that I helped make with some of the guys at Operation Sports. The Show only allows you to have 240 songs in your playlist, but by grouping the clips into 3's (since you can set 3 starting markers per file), this pack allows you to cover 720 players. It's a really cool feature and works awesome in the game. You guys should check them out if you're into that sort of thing.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...layer-walk-up-music-amplified-grouped-3s.html

seems like my ps3 is in Connecticut so im hopeful to get it tomorrow
tuesday may not work for me. i just have to find out if my job is sending me away next week i will know for sure tommorow . bear with me fellas .

[quote name='m_d_amore']seems like my ps3 is in Connecticut so im hopeful to get it tomorrow
tuesday may not work for me. i just have to find out if my job is sending me away next week i will know for sure tommorow . bear with me fellas .[/QUOTE]

Your location is my moms box? That sucks, all I found in there was some stale chicken nuggets.

I'm waiting on word from m_d_amore. I have to choose the draft day when I set up the league, and I'd hate to lock it in for Tuesday and have him not get his PS3 for some stupid reason. The thing is, I have to choose day of the week and time (ie. Tuesday, 9 PM), but the exact date isn't confirmed until everybody signs up. If I lock it in for Tuesday, and we're not able to do it this Tuesday (3/31), then we'd have to wait a whole week before it would let us do it again.

I'm not totally sure how to handle it, but my gut tells me to just wait till m_d_amore lets us know he's got his PS3..or at least gives us an estimated delivery date. I definitely do want to have a few days before the draft though to give people time to organize their choices...especially guys who can't be there. Should we push it back a day or two to give us extra time, or is that just going to screw up everybody's availability? Opinions?

Well people can start deciding on who they want to draft now, they don't have to wait until the league is up or anything. I think the date and time you have decided on is fine. We just need to make sure everyone is able to join the league and "auto" their draft picks or whatever before the draft day since amore has said he probably can't even make the draft day anyway.

By the way, do you pick pitchers individually in this or is it like fantasy baseball where you get the starting rotation of the team you pick?

[quote name='yukine']Well people can start deciding on who they want to draft now, they don't have to wait until the league is up or anything. I think the date and time you have decided on is fine. We just need to make sure everyone is able to join the league and "auto" their draft picks or whatever before the draft day since amore has said he probably can't even make the draft day anyway.
[/QUOTE]

No offense, but if I have a day to set up a queue, thats ridiculous. People should at least get a few days to set up a queue if they're not going to be there.

im doing an away job on wed-fri so i should be around for tuesday and should have ps3 mon night . i cant join the league then if you set it up? or is it you cant get to that draft order stuff til you initiate it?

[quote name='m_d_amore']im doing an away job on wed-fri so i should be around for tuesday and should have ps3 mon night . i cant join the league then if you set it up? or is it you cant get to that draft order stuff til you initiate it?[/QUOTE]

I think you can join the league via the web, but I dont think you can do any draft order stuff until you have the game.

[quote name='jza1218']No offense, but if I have a day to set up a queue, thats ridiculous. People should at least get a few days to set up a queue if they're not going to be there.[/quote]
You do have a few days... my point is why can't you decide your picks now, before the league is up? Make a fantasy team on MLB.com and decide your players ahead of time. Unless MLB 09 is radically different than your standard list style draft format?

[quote name='yukine']You do have a few days... my point is why can't you decide your picks now, before the league is up? Make a fantasy team on MLB.com and decide your players ahead of time. Unless MLB 09 is radically different than your standard list style draft format?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I still have to go into the show and do it is my point. I'm going to be busy all day Tuesday, so if the league isnt set up until late Monday night, that puts me at an extreme disadvantage.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, but I still have to go into the show and do it is my point. I'm going to be busy all day Tuesday, so if the league isnt set up until late Monday night, that puts me at an extreme disadvantage.[/quote]

Which is why I said this 7 posts above you:

I definitely do want to have a few days before the draft though to give people time to organize their choices...especially guys who can't be there. Should we push it back a day or two to give us extra time, or is that just going to screw up everybody's availability? Opinions?

Can we try not to fly off the handle guys? That's what got us into all that shit in the first place. I'm trying to do a balancing act here keeping things fair to everybody. If m_d_amore isn't getting his PS3 until Monday, but I set the draft up for Tuesday...then that gives HIM one day to get his picks figured out. Looking at it that way, doing it on Tuesday doesn't seem like a great idea. Now, you just said you'll be gone from Wed - Fri...so do we do the draft Saturday night (4/4)? Would that pose a problem for anybody?

Rather than complaining, can we try to get some constructive ideas flowing in here. I doubt we'll ever find a day when everybody can be there, but I do feel it is important to make sure everybody has time to organize their picks. I could go set up the league right now and schedule the draft for a Tuesday at 9 PM EST, but that would put some pressure on m_d_amore to get his picks ready in little over 24 hours. If he's cool with it, it's fine with me. Like I said, I just want to be fair to everybody.

I'll be working on Saturday, but I wouldn't have a problem if the draft is on that day. I should have enough time before then to set up my picks.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Which is why I said this 7 posts above you:

Can we try not to fly off the handle guys? That's what got us into all that shit in the first place. I'm trying to do a balancing act here keeping things fair to everybody. If m_d_amore isn't getting his PS3 until Monday, but I set the draft up for Tuesday...then that gives HIM one day to get his picks figured out. Looking at it that way, doing it on Tuesday doesn't seem like a great idea. Now, you just said you'll be gone from Wed - Fri...so do we do the draft Saturday night (4/4)? Would that pose a problem for anybody?

Rather than complaining, can we try to get some constructive ideas flowing in here. I doubt we'll ever find a day when everybody can be there, but I do feel it is important to make sure everybody has time to organize their picks. I could go set up the league right now and schedule the draft for a Tuesday at 9 PM EST, but that would put some pressure on m_d_amore to get his picks ready in little over 24 hours. If he's cool with it, it's fine with me. Like I said, I just want to be fair to everybody.[/QUOTE]

I'm not flying off the handle or complaining, I was calmly explaining to Yukine why Tuesday might not work at this juncture. Saturday night works fine.

[quote name='jza1218']Yeah, but I still have to go into the show and do it is my point. I'm going to be busy all day Tuesday, so if the league isnt set up until late Monday night, that puts me at an extreme disadvantage.[/quote]
Ok, that is understandable. You didn't say you were not going to be available all day Tuesday, just that you would not have enough time to decide picks.

Saturday is fine with me. Are you going to create the league now and lock-in the draft date?

I'm waiting on a few more responses to see what everybody's feeling is for Saturday night (4/4). So far, it looks all right, but I just want to make sure nobody freaks out or anything.

I haven't heard anything from m_d_amore on if THIS Tuesday would be ok for him (since he won't even have his PS3 back till sometime on Monday). He'd have about 24 hours to organize his picks. However, since people seem to be fond of Tuesday, I'm going to go create the league now, and set up the draft for Tuesday at 9 PM EST. Whether that means Tuesday 3/31, or Tuesday 4/7 remains to be seen. But if we have to wait another week to do the draft, that's just how it will have to be.

[quote name='m_d_amore']is it a live draft or auto only?[/quote]

It can be either. You don't have to be there, but you would have to have your picks set up.

I'll have the league set up some time tonight. As I should have known (I guess), you have to play 10 games online before you can create a league, and I need like 4 more, so I'll be doing that after my wife goes to sleep.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It can be either. You don't have to be there, but you would have to have your picks set up.

I'll have the league set up some time tonight. As I should have known (I guess), you have to play 10 games online before you can create a league, and I need like 4 more, so I'll be doing that after my wife goes to sleep.[/QUOTE]

You need a 4 star rating too I think. Or 3, I'm not 100% sure.

[quote name='jza1218']You need a 4 star rating too I think. Or 3, I'm not 100% sure.[/quote]

Well, when I attempted to create it earlier, it only mentioned the 10 games. I guess I'll find out here in a few hours.

Ok...WTF? Is anybody else having problems getting online in The Show right now? I know my PS3 is online because I'm signed in and can move around the PSN Store no problem. But I can't connect in MLB. It just gives me a blank screen and keeps cycling my music.

Wow...I swear to God, whoever is in charge of SCEA's online gameplay department is a fucking retard. I spent about 3 1/2 hours playing the 4 games I needed to get my 10 games. I won 3 of them easily, and the only game I was losing, I asked to concede the game. Not a "friendly quit" mind you, but a concession...I had no problem giving the guy the win, since I was in a hurry to get these games finished up anyway. I just didn't want to be given a quit. But this idiot says "No" to me conceding the game. WTF sense does that make??? Why does the other guy have to approve me giving him a quick win? So after he says no, I make a few more pitches, he scores a few more runs, and I just quit.

Now, here's the problem, jza1218 is right. You have to have a 3 star rating...in addition to your 10 games played to be allowed to create a league. I have a 7-3 record (with 2 DC's...from a night when my internet was crapping out, and the 1 Quit) Of course those people are going to give me a shitty rating, but how many times do you play somebody, beat them legitimately, and they give you a crap rating anyway??? One guy I played was winning 1-0 going into the top of the 9th. I get a man on to lead off the inning. Get him to 3rd with 2 outs, and then hit a go ahead home run. I close it out in the bottom half for the win. And what rating does the guy give me? 1 star - Pulls/Disconnects. This is bullshit.

So, now I have a rating of a 2, and I can't create the league until I raise it to a 3. This feels like fucking grade school man...like my GPA isn't good enough or something. I'm so pissed right now. I stayed up playing till after 4 AM because I wanted to get the league finally created...and now this. I really want to kick Sony's head of online play in the nuts. This is straight up full retard.

I've been reading this thread and you guys seem like the people who play mlb 09 the show. How is online play for this game? Laggy?

(sorry this post is not related to the league but you guys seem like the right group of ppl to ask)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...I swear to God, whoever is in charge of SCEA's online gameplay department is a fucking retard. I spent about 3 1/2 hours playing the 4 games I needed to get my 10 games. I won 3 of them easily, and the only game I was losing, I asked to concede the game. Not a "friendly quit" mind you, but a concession...I had no problem giving the guy the win, since I was in a hurry to get these games finished up anyway. I just didn't want to be given a quit. But this idiot says "No" to me conceding the game. WTF sense does that make??? Why does the other guy have to approve me giving him a quick win? So after he says no, I make a few more pitches, he scores a few more runs, and I just quit.

Now, here's the problem, jza1218 is right. You have to have a 3 star rating...in addition to your 10 games played to be allowed to create a league. I have a 7-3 record (with 2 DC's...from a night when my internet was crapping out, and the 1 Quit) Of course those people are going to give me a shitty rating, but how many times do you play somebody, beat them legitimately, and they give you a crap rating anyway??? One guy I played was winning 1-0 going into the top of the 9th. I get a man on to lead off the inning. Get him to 3rd with 2 outs, and then hit a go ahead home run. I close it out in the bottom half for the win. And what rating does the guy give me? 1 star - Pulls/Disconnects. This is bullshit.

So, now I have a rating of a 2, and I can't create the league until I raise it to a 3. This feels like fucking grade school man...like my GPA isn't good enough or something. I'm so pissed right now. I stayed up playing till after 4 AM because I wanted to get the league finally created...and now this. I really want to kick Sony's head of online play in the nuts. This is straight up full retard.[/QUOTE]

Add me to your SportsConnect friends list, and I'll try to play you tonight and get that rating up.

[quote name='jza1218']Add me to your SportsConnect friends list, and I'll try to play you tonight and get that rating up.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't even feel comfortable playing randoms now because there's no telling what they'll do. I could play a fair game and get screwed...or I could let them win and still get screwed.

Playing you guys is the only way to guarantee a good rating...well, in theory anyway. I just played a game with ivanctorres for the purpose of him giving me 5 stars to get my rating up (I asked him before we played to do so). According to both the in game and the website...he didn't rate me. So, that was pointless.

I'm hoping he just pressed the wrong button accidentally. Otherwise, that was a waste of time. I mean, I guess the practice is always good, but I'd really like to get this damn league created. This is becoming way harder than it ever should be.

n8, if you are available we can play a game right now so I can rate you 5 stars.

I'll be busy later so give me a PM if you are online right now.

Well, I've got about 20 minutes before I gotta leave, but I wonder...can you rate somebody if you do a friendly quit? Or does it just abort all the end game stuff?

n8 I did rate you. I gave you a 5 star rating. I'm not sure why it did register. GG by the way. sorry you felt it was a waste of time.

[quote name='ivanctorres']n8 I did rate you. I gave you a 5 star rating. I'm not sure why it did register. GG by the way. sorry you felt it was a waste of time.[/quote]

No, I didn't mean the game was a waste of time. I could always use the practice. I just meant if there was no rating for it, it wasn't really helping us get anywhere. I don't know why it's not showing up. You pressed square to lock in the rating right?

Sorry, I'm just frustrated because I feel like Sony is making me jump through all these ridiculous hoops just to set a freaking league up. Giving your opponents the authority to decide whether you should be allowed to set up a league is retarded. As I said, I don't even feel comfortable playing randoms now because I could let them win 10-0, and they could give me 1 star. I'm starting to think the whole team in charge of the online for this game needs to be fired.

Yeah, apparently it does. The PS3 version of games online are usually laggy and have various connectivity problems, when the 360 version usually does not.

Not trying to get into a system wars thing with you, I'm just lamenting about the poor online play we have to endure.

bread's done
Back