MLB 09: The Show CAG League - WEEK 7 STANDINGS! READ POST #1065!!!

[quote name='melokeith']Also - question, sorry if I missed it, as I did see the rotations on the original post - but are we all using our rotations according to what we drafted? In other words, if someone drafted (not computer picks) 5 starters, they use all 5 then start again, but if you only chose 3, you cycle through just those? I'm fine with whatever, just want to know before I get to my 4th and 5th games played, just in case.[/quote]

Well, I just put the rotations in how they were drafted. Obviously, because of the free agent glitch, some guys (Destro) only have 3 pitchers they can use. Then there are others who got autodrafted the last 1-2 spots in their rotation with pitchers they could use.

Whether we actually WANT to use those guys or not is a different story. I was given Jeff Francis for my 5th spot, and I had no intention of picking him. I don't know if you guys want to just run a rotation of the guys we actually picked (that way most everybody is using a 3-4 man rotation) or go with the full thing if you can.

[quote name='DestroVega']ok so we have to play guys who are what color?[/quote]

It will only let you play teams that in red or blue on your schedule, which is basically your first 8 games. Then, when you play one, it makes your next game (9, 10, 11, etc.) available. Yes, I don't know how that qualifies as flex scheduling. It's not THAT flexible. It's more like "stretchy scheduling", lol.

It's 2:30 pm EST, and I'm gonna jump on SC if anyone wants to play. If you want to play and I'm not in the game, shoot me a message on PSN at cusemanKeith.

yo, anyone wanna play a league game anytime after 4pm cst? Let me know soon... sittin at work/checkin here. After ill either go for a run or jump online, let me know who wants a game.

[quote name='yukine']I love doing the squeeze online, people never suspect it. I've won a couple of games using it late in a game. :lol:[/quote]

I had a guy try to squeeze on me the other day. He had guys on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. His batter ended up fouling the bunt backward, but got enough air under it that my catcher just turned around and grabbed it. Then I threw to 3rd and doubled him up to end the inning. It was hilarious. :lol:

[quote name='DestroVega']I hate bunts and steals online. grrrr.[/quote]

I hate that there's virtually no check swings, and also no hit and run. I don't understand the logic there.

Hey guys, just wanted to try to motivate people to start playing their games. We've got 6 out of 16 people that have played so far. There's a counter counting down to 4/13 at 9 PM EST. Nobody is quite sure what it's for, but some have speculated that you have to play one game by that time. I think it would be better to just not find out. It took us a hell of a long time to get this league started. Let's enjoy it now!

On that note, I'll be around this afternoon for ivan, Supreme, m_d_amore, Wpark, yukine, DestroVega, stewie75, or GenDV138, if any of you guys want to play. I think those are the only games that are available to me right now. Just let me know.

I'm at work until midnight, but will be on around 12:40 AM if anyone's on to play. Otherwise, I'll be available Sunday through Wednesday almost anytime.

Here's who I have to play still:

mrfurley
GenDV
statnut
NoNova
ratzombie

You guys get in contact with me someone cause im free all day to play the game :D

OK BCF, I'd rather play you first then n8. :lol:

Will you be available at say... 7:00 (PST) tonight? I'd play right now but I'm going to have to play my rounds in the Smash Bros tournament soon.

Ha...wow, sorry about that totally bullshit message I posted earlier guys. Literally two minutes after I pressed "post", my freaking internet died and was down for about 5 hours (EAT A DICK CHARTER!!!). It seems to be running ok now though, so if any of my available opponents are up for a game, just let me know.

[quote name='m_d_amore']nice Grand slam by Pedroia

btw I pitched D Lowe my 1st game[/quote]

Heh, thanks.

Good game, kelton. If it weren't for that grand slam, I think we'd still be playing. I thought that Rios home run was going to haunt me later on. Your lineup is pretty nice.

So how are we doing the pitching rotations since we can play games ahead of schedule? So for Game 6 should I use Webb?

Just want to make sure we are on the same page since I don't want to be pitching Scherzer against Lincecum or something.

Man, that grand slam just killed me. Nice playing, though - enjoyed the game.

[quote name='Supreme']Heh, thanks.

Good game, kelton. If it weren't for that grand slam, I think we'd still be playing. I thought that Rios home run was going to haunt me later on. Your lineup is pretty nice.[/quote]

[quote name='yukine']So how are we doing the pitching rotations since we can play games ahead of schedule? So for Game 6 should I use Webb?

Just want to make sure we are on the same page since I don't want to be pitching Scherzer against Lincecum or something.[/quote]

Well, honestly, it COULD end up that way. I think the way we decided (at least the way I've been doing it) is just you going through your rotation for each game you play. Therefore, if you're on your 3rd game, but your opponent is on their 6th game, (assuming they've got a 5 man rotation) you'd have your #3 going up against their ace. With the way off days and stuff are in real MLB, this isn't that uncommon. It's probably the easiest way to keep up with it too, because all you've got to do is remember who you pitched last, and move on to the next guy.

As far as what Keith and I had been discussing earlier, do you guys want to use the full rotations (including pitchers that may have been autodrafted), or do you want to just use the guys that we chose? Even though I'm not a fan of Jeff Francis, I kinda think it would be interesting to use a guy who wasn't my pick. It might force me to be a little creative with how I play the game. I could go either way though.

Also, good game to m_d_amore! I'm lucky that I jumped on Johan early and got a few runs. He settled in for the middle innings, but then I tacked on a few more late in the game. I really felt like the game could have been closer than the score showed. md probably had the same feeling I get whenever using a big "stud" pitcher. Bloop hits seem to just drop in like rain. I hit one in particular with Winn that had to fall about 6 inches inside the right field line. When stuff like that happens, there's nothing you can do. You gave it a solid effort though md, and I appreciate the game, man. We will meet again! :)

Damn, alright. I used Scherzer since it was Game 5 on the schedule. Scherzer/Beckett worked out not too bad though even if I got the loss. :lol:

Yeah good game, was confused on the rotation thing, but since it was my second game I used my second in my line (not in the games line though, which would've been Joba). That's another thing, do you want us to use custom rotations or the games rotation?

Also I feel kinda dirty warming up Wake in the pen, with knowing full well I plan on using his knuckleball haha. I hope I keep this shutout streak going, so I never have to resort to him (although he'd make a beautiful closer since Fuentes keeps almost making me lose games that fucker).

Good game, Keith. That inside cutter was really pissing me off all game long lol. Really competitive game though, I look foward to our next game. Thanks for playing.

That game between n8 and yukine sounded good. I thought it was gonna go much longer than it did.

This is who I have left to play:

mrfurley
GenDV
statnut
NoNova

So one of you four hit me up so we can play, specifically mrfurley incase that timer wants us to do the first series in that time limit.

[quote name='yukine']Damn, alright. I used Scherzer since it was Game 5 on the schedule. Scherzer/Beckett worked out not too bad though even if I got the loss. :lol:[/quote]

It's cool. I think Destro was the one that suggested we just keep it simple and go through our rotations as we play...and basically just adhere to an honor system. It works for me.

Also, good game yukine! You had me sweating bullets. Once we got to the middle innings, I thought for sure I was going to lose because Webb became unhittable. You were painting like fucking Da Vinci. That HR I hit with Doumit was basically luck. I paused the game before that pitch in part because I felt a little bit of lag coming on, and in part because I just needed to compose myself, lol. Luckily, it paid off. Glad I won't have to play you again! haha :)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Yeah good game, was confused on the rotation thing, but since it was my second game I used my second in my line (not in the games line though, which would've been Joba). That's another thing, do you want us to use custom rotations or the games rotation?[/quote]

Yeah, not many people weighed in on the rotation issue, and Destro's solution was simplest, so I just went with it. You don't have to use your rotation as drafted/ranked though. If you want a different 1-5 other than what I've got posted in the OP, just let me know and I'll fix it. For example, Jeff Francis is technically rated higher than Joe Saunders, but there's no way in hell I'm letting him be my 4th starter. So, I gave the ball to Saunders in my game against yukine.

Also sportscast live is one of the best inventions ever, as I can listen to Gens game with Captain while they're playing. Just heard someone had an injry :(

No problem, Boston, I'll be around most of Sunday through Wednesday to play you.

Good game, Supreme. Lost 5-9 but it was a fun game. For some reason, the sweet spot region release point disappeared on me for several innings, not sure if that's a glitch or just part of the game since I've never had it happen before.

Here's my pitching rotation:

Harden
Santana
Meche
Jurrjens
Schmidt

[quote name='jza1218']CaptainBackSlap,
That game was epic. I was wiped at the end.[/quote]

Yeah man, I was pissed. Teagarden, out of all people, to hit a walk off HR. WTF? Good game nonetheless. It's too bad that was our only league game.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Also sportscast live is one of the best inventions ever, as I can listen to Gens game with Captain while they're playing. Just heard someone had an injry :([/quote]

Yeah, Tim Hudson got injured in the 3rd. I don't really have any long relievers, but I got Masterson to eat up some innings for me.

[quote name='GenDV138']Good game, Supreme. Lost 5-9 but it was a fun game. For some reason, the sweet spot region release point disappeared on me for several innings, not sure if that's a glitch or just part of the game since I've never had it happen before.
[/quote]

Yeah, good game. Those rallies you had kept me on my toes.

Ah, didn't know that, guess that's what happened. Thanks for the info, this is the first baseball game I've played in awhile but I've been enjoying it so far.

I believe it depends on how much confidence your pitcher has, which fluctuates depending on how well they have been pitching in the game.

You can check where his confidence is at by pressing select, it is labeled as CFD.

bread's done
Back