MLB 2010 Discussion Thread

[quote name='shosh']He's back on the HGH?[/QUOTE]

If so, he must have gotten some from Big Papi after that show he put on during the All Star break.

another nut shot from the sorry excuse of an offense. Tak gives us a GREAT performance and to only give up 2 runs...and lose...i can't blame Tak at all.....Everyone on the offense SUCKS.

Well season will be officially over after the impending sweep by the dodgers because they cant even hit Hiroki Kuroda...what makes me think they can hit Kershaw or Billingsly. They might as well lick their chops for a no hitter or a perfect game. I think this is what 14 straight games with 4 runs or less. SNY just put up numbers which just shows how much more the Mets Suck. Since june 28.....6-15 .286 Win Pct.

I shouldve used this streak as an advatage for my fantasy team. Any pitcher available to play the Mets..pick them up..its an impending shut out.

edit:
Thats enough ranting from me. I probably annoyed the hell out of everyone here with my ranting. I apologize for that mates. Im just pissed. i will resume normal baseball talk in oncoming posts.

[quote name='integralsmatic']edit:
Thats enough ranting from me. I probably annoyed the hell out of everyone here with my ranting. I apologize for that mates. Im just pissed. i will resume normal baseball talk in oncoming posts.[/QUOTE]
You should work in more about how you hate the SF Giants. That always makes me feel better.

Not to pour salt, but

LOS ANGELES (AP)—New York Mets general manager Omar Minaya says Jerry Manuel’s job is safe despite the team’s 8-16 record in its last 24 games.

The Mets opened a four-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday night having lost three in a row. They were second in the NL East, seven games behind Atlanta.

Slumping badly at the plate, New York entered 1-6 on its 11-game road trip and has had only one winning trip this season, from June 11-20 at Baltimore, Cleveland and the Yankees.

Minaya said he’s very happy with the job Manuel is doing, and that it’s not right to discuss the manager’s status after a losing streak.
So, uh, when would it be right to discuss a manager's status if not after a losing streak that all but eviscerates any chance to get into the playoffs?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkEkPZXKwoZ7218GkpuheDARvLYF?slug=ap-mets-manuel

[quote name='JoeJohn']The yanks need to get Roy Oswalt.[/QUOTE]

Roy wants his 2012 option of 16 million picked up. He also wants to go to St Louis.

Yankees are rumored to be the favorites for Dan Haren.

[quote name='wildcpac']Roy wants his 2012 option of 16 million picked up. He also wants to go to St Louis.

Yankees are rumored to be the favorites for Dan Haren.[/QUOTE]

:drool: I would lose my shit if the Yanks got Haren. He's one of my favorite pitchers and is obviously just having an off year. Dude is the real deal, and was pretty damn good with Oakland also. With a good offense, he'd win a lot of games.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']:drool: I would lose my shit if the Yanks got Haren. He's one of my favorite pitchers and is obviously just having an off year. Dude is the real deal, and was pretty damn good with Oakland also. With a good offense, he'd win a lot of games.[/QUOTE]

He gives up far too many homeruns for my personal liking. 23 so far this year, 13 at home, 10 away. 27 HR's last year. He is also signed til 2013 I believe. Yankees should be going after Lee in the off season. So next year is a potential of CC, Hughes, Lee, AJ and Haren. I would hate to see Pettitte retire after this year. He still has it can easily go a couple of more years.

[quote name='wildcpac']He gives up far too many homeruns for my personal liking. 23 so far this year, 13 at home, 10 away. 27 HR's last year. He is also signed til 2013 I believe. Yankees should be going after Lee in the off season. So next year is a potential of CC, Hughes, Lee, AJ and Haren. I would hate to see Pettitte retire after this year. He still has it can easily go a couple of more years.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I doubt that rotation is happening. I really don't even think they'll land Haren. It seems the Dodgers are interested as well. That would give Haren a chance to go back to CA, be closer to his buddy Barry Zito, and he'd get to stay in the NL. It might be surprising for the Dbacks to trade him in the division, but it's not like they're contending for a playoff spot. I'd trade them AJ for Haren straight up though, lol. :)

I don't know, for some reason I just don't like Cliff Lee. Maybe it was his attitude during Game 1 of the World Series last year when he acted like he was a god, and the Phillies were just going to roll right through the Yanks. He just comes off as a dick to me. Doesn't really seem to care who he plays for as long as he gets paid.

Rumors are still going that the Dodgers do not have money for anyone. Torre is rumored to be gone after this year because the Dodgers do not have money for him.

[quote name='wildcpac']Interesting.

Yankees are rumored to be offering Joba and Ivan Nova for Haren. I will personally help Joba pack his bags and drive him to Arizona if it's true.[/QUOTE]

I'd do it, aside from the fact that it doesn't help the bullpen any. But keeping Joba in it doesn't really help it either. It's ridiculous how much the hype seemed to go to his head. I like to refer to it as "Melky Cabrera Syndrome". He got way too comfortable with "his place" on the team way too quickly, and basically stopped working to improve.

I don't think he's a bust, but I think he needs a wake up call like the one Melky got when they sent him down to AAA to finish the season. If he's not traded, I'd like to see that happen. The offer does sound exactly like what Arizona is rumored to be looking for though.

Dammit! Another blown save by Wagner, after Diaz takes a pitch off the hand with the bases loaded to give the Braves a 1 run lead in the top of the 9th. Gave up a run with a passed ball after Wagner loaded the bases.

6-6 now, Marlins have runners second and third, 2-out.

And as I hit submit, blooper up the middle, Marlins win.

Wagner needs to get out of this funk ASAP!

Wagner is never going to get out of his funk. Guy folds like a cheap suit under pressure.

Yankee fans hate him because he used Enter Sandman as his intro music even though he isn't 1/1000000000000000000000000 of Rivera. Mets, Astros and Phillies fans hate him because he blew games all of the time. His post season ERA is 10.32.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I would LOVE for the Philles to land Haren. I really like that dude.[/QUOTE]

You really want a guy who has given up 50 HR's in the last 2 years to pitch half of his games at Citizens? That is a recipe for disaster.

[quote name='wildcpac']You really want a guy who has given up 50 HR's in the last 2 years to pitch half of his games at Citizens? That is a recipe for disaster.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention that the D'Backs are trying to fleece any team that has interest in him. I don't think he will be traded because they are going to ask for too much from most teams.

I better read that Sergio Meatsuck got his sorrry ass DFA'ed after todays games. Guy flat out sucks and couldn't even crack the Orioles rotation or the DBack's bullpen. What an utter fucking embarrassment to the pinstripes.

Wagner's used Metallica his entire career, not that big a deal.

But even last year he looked cooked, I couldn't believe Atlanta signed him. They had to give the Sox the 20th pick of the draft as compensation, which ended up being Kolbrin Vitek.

[quote name='wildcpac']I better read that Sergio Meatsuck got his sorrry ass DFA'ed after todays games. Guy flat out sucks and couldn't even crack the Orioles rotation or the DBack's bullpen. What an utter fucking embarrassment to the pinstripes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Yanks gotta do something with that spot. If it were 2-3 starts, I could live with Mitre. But for 6-7, they either need to call somebody up who might actually have a chance of helping the team (ie. Nova) or make a trade.

[quote name='JoeJohn']Yanks are running away from the pack. I rather see chan ho park start today.

What's up with Seattle Mariners?[/QUOTE]

Chan Ho Park is not a starter anymore. What don't you understand? The guy can barely go 2 innings. It would take a full month at the very least to get his arm stretched out to go 5 innings minimum. Like N8 said, I rather see Nova or some other rookie get a chance. Mitre has almost 400 innings in the MLB with an ERA well over 5 and that was in the NL, he flat out sucks.

Mariners? Team cannot hit for anything. Their team Batting Average is .235 and that is with Ichiro batting .315. Take away Ichiro and the rest of the team is hitting .220ish. One albatross after another in their lineup and they will be lucky to break 600 runs scored for the season.

Integ, let it out. You will feel better. I suggest buying a punching bag.

Mets now have 12 walkoff loses so far this year as Ollie Perez gives up a James Loney homerun in the 13th inning.

You've been on this board too long when your team smashes a game winning homer in the 13th and your first thought is god, I hope integral didn't see that.

Joba the Hutt comes in and gives up runs immediately. To think that 2007 was only 3 years ago.

Yankees need to pull a Cliff Lee/Roy Halladay with him and send him all the way down to A Ball. Learn how to pitch/reinvent himself without being a run fairy for the other team with each outing.

[quote name='yukine']Haren traded to the Angels for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafale Rodriquez and a player to be named later.[/QUOTE]

How do you like the trade? DBacks realized that Joba blows and I rather see the Yankees send him down to A Ball and work his way up.

I am thankful that the Yankees didn't trade for him. Guy is a homerun machine and I rather have the Yankees use the money for Cliff Lee.

[quote name='yukine']It depends on who the player to be named is, first reaction is we just got robbed.[/QUOTE]

Yup because Saunders is nowhere close to Haren's level.

Mets lose another game 1-0 to the Dodgers. Road trip from hell and now they have to play the Cardinals.

Ownership has got to fire Omar and Jerry and make a couple of big trades. Only players I would keep if I were the Mets are Johan, Pelfrey, Pagan, Davis and Thole.

DMaul, you know Philadelphia is within striking distance now and knocking on the Braves door.

Fantastic bottom of the 8th for the Mariners to beat up on Chokajima and the Roid Sox.

Jon Heyman of SI is reporting that the Yankees made the Royals a big offer for Soria. Anybody but Montero and I will be fine with the offer if it comes to fruition.

In a piece that incorrectly labels the July trade market as one for the buyers, Jon Heyman leads with some Yankee dirt. He says the team is looking to be in on some big names this week and writes that the team has made “a big proposal” to the Royals for Joakim Soria. The Yanks want to upgrade their bullpen this week, but Soria won’t come cheap. He’s emerged as one of the game’s best relievers, non-Mariano division, and is under contract through 2011 with three club options with innings pitched escalators that total $22.75 million. Heyman also notes that the Bombers “have been in touch” with Washington over Adam Dunn but have so far found the price to be “prohibitive.”

11:23am: The Yankees dangled Jesus Montero in talks for Joakim Soria, reports ESPN's Jayson Stark, but the Royals weren't interested.

Royals are holding onto a closer that they never use, lol.

the d-backs, nats and the white sox are in talks for a 3 way trade.
edwin jackson to the nats, dunn to the sox, and a shipload of pitchers to the diamondbacks. god i hope chris sale or hudson isn't going to arizona.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Dunn will be what Jim Thome was... but younger. Solid move by the Sox if it happens. Guillen will probably manage to screw it up somehow, though.[/QUOTE]
yea, thats the problem though, like thome, dunn would be a snail on the basepath.

Horrible trade for the Nats if that happens. Dunn is one of the best power hitters in baseball and walks a ton as well. I am pretty sure I read recently that the players on the team begged Mgmt to keep him.

Baseball needs instant replay ASAP! I am so sick of these stupid dumb fat ugly umpires screwing over the Yankees time and time and time and time again.

BASEBALL NEEDS INSTANT REPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees have been screwed out of 3 outs in 2 innings now due to inept, stupid, blind, fat, umps. I am so fucking sick of this shit.

[quote name='wildcpac']Should we do a wellness check on Integ? He hasn't posted in awhile. I hope everything is ok.[/QUOTE]
The only Mets fan that cares and we happen to know him.

Speaking of, the Mets are making big changes. Word is they're going to shit can Howard Johnson as hitting coach.

[quote name='wildcpac']Baseball needs instant replay ASAP! I am so sick of these stupid dumb fat ugly umpires screwing over the Yankees time and time and time and time again.[/QUOTE]

I think this might be my favorite wildcpac post ever.

[quote name='speedracer']The only Mets fan that cares and we happen to know him.

Speaking of, the Mets are making big changes. Word is they're going to shit can Howard Johnson as hitting coach.[/QUOTE]

I heard differently on WFan today that everybody was safe and no moves would be made. Where did you hear that from?

Matt Garza with a no hitter through 7 innings.

bread's done
Back