MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ExeterBlue']Is anyone out there watching WEC 46: Varner vs. Henderson on Versus? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

i hope bendo smashes varner, i cant stand that guy.

[quote name='paz9x']i hope bendo smashes varner, i cant stand that guy.[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. If Varner has been truly hurt this whole time, that's fine, but the guy is cocky to the max. He just needs to grow up.

Well...

WOO! War Henderson -- Varner tapped like a pansy after just seconds in the choke and then bitched about it after the fight. Ass.

[quote name='ExeterBlue']Well...

WOO! War Henderson -- Varner tapped like a pansy after just seconds in the choke and then bitched about it after the fight. Ass.
[/QUOTE]

Right? Don't like that guy at all. Good night of fights.

[quote name='ExeterBlue']Well...

[/QUOTE]

yeah, the guys just a douche. well done bendo. now maybe we can get the cerrone/varner rematch.

"The Best of PRIDE" premiered last night.Since I didn't become a fan of MMA till around the end of PRIDE's existence, I have not really seen any fights from the organization. I watched this show and it's really cool to see guys like Rampage, Liddell, Shogun Silva, etc. compete against unfamiliar (to me) opposition as well as under the Japanese rules, which I know from watching DREAM and Sengoku events.

I've got the series set to record. Who else is watching?

[quote name='Maklershed']I just saw Public Enemies and was surprised to see Don Frye. I wonder if he was jealous of Oleg Taktarov's acting career.[/QUOTE]

He's quite the renaissance man. For any "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" fans, he was also in the episode from last season where the guys put on a wrestling event. He was the guy getting beaten on by Roddy Piper in the beginning when the guys watch him wrestle.

Dream and Sengoku don't use PRIDE rules. Pride allowed soccer kicks/knees to the head of a downed opponent, but no elbows.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Dream and Sengoku don't use PRIDE rules. Pride allowed soccer kicks/knees to the head of a downed opponent, but no elbows.[/QUOTE]

i miss those.
can you imagine how epic it would be if we were getting pride events free on hdnet like dream.

[quote name='ExeterBlue']He's quite the renaissance man. For any "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" fans, he was also in the episode from last season where the guys put on a wrestling event. He was the guy getting beaten on by Roddy Piper in the beginning when the guys watch him wrestle.[/QUOTE]

He also plays a Neo Nazi in Big Stan. Randy Couture is in it too, Bob Sapp as well, but Frye has a fairly large role.

[quote name='Pavel6969']He also plays a Neo Nazi in Big Stan. Randy Couture is in it too, Bob Sapp as well, but Frye has a fairly large role.[/QUOTE]

Ha, sounds pretty brilliant. :)

Oh hell yeah! Can that card be real? I look at that card and all I see are knockouts, haha. Man, I'd love to see Paul Daley smack the arrogance right out of Kos. And if Kimbo can't beat Mitrione, he needs to lose his "street fighter" cred. There's no way we get to May with all those fighters still being healthy is there?

i like that card except davis/goulet. goulet gets a free ride for being gsp's buddy perhaps? davis keeps getting easy fights and plays up his lame-o irish angle all the time.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']i like that card except davis/goulet. goulet gets a free ride for being gsp's buddy perhaps? davis keeps getting easy fights and plays up his lame-o irish angle all the time.[/QUOTE]

that is the most sure KO ive seen in a while.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Man, I'd love to see Paul Daley smack the arrogance right out of Kos.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']goulet gets a free ride for being gsp's buddy perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Also agreed. I think Goulet is a decent fighter, but the UFC has cut him some extra slack because he's popular in Canada and it might upset some fans to dump him. With the losses he's had (including being knocked out in "unofficial" record-time), any other fighter probably would have been dropped by now.

really, dont you guys like seeing some ko's?
i see goulet on a card with a decent striker and it makes me smile because
im probably going to see a nice one hit ko.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/19/1260766/rashad-evans-vs-rampage-jackson

I figured this would happen when Kos and Daley kept on saying their the co-main event.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking at mmamania's rumored card for 113 this morning and it didn't have Evans/Rampage on it. It really makes more sense because that fight is a main event, and the UFC needs those kind of fights when they don't have a title fight to put on a card. Oh well. Different event, but May is still going to be a badass month for fights.

Strikeforce: Miami this weekend. Can't wait to see Manhoef destroy Lawler. Also keeping my fingers crossed that Zaromskis kicks Diaz's head into the third row.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Strikeforce: Miami this weekend. Can't wait to see Manhoef destroy Lawler.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well that didn't happen. Manhoef has to remember, even when you're winning...KEEP YOUR fuckING HANDS UP!!!

Anybody else watching tonight? Not surprised to see Wes Sims get destroyed. I seriously question if he has a mental deficit. I swear he sounds dumber and fights dumber every time he's on television. Looking forward to seeing Herschel Walker fight. Not expecting much. Just hoping he doesn't embarrass himself.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Herschel owned that kid completely, it was just a matter of time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was impressed by Herschel's extreme fundamental style. My only gripe is that I'm not sure if he has any legitimate tools. He's obviously too new to know any submissions, and it didn't really seem like he hits that hard. He's a guy who would outsmart people and win by positioning. That's impressive enough for a guy who's 47, but against anybody with even one tool, he'd probably get beaten. I'm even fairly confident that Kimbo Slice could beat him.

Now we get to watch the tranny beat up another woman. Love that Strikeforce is actually trying to make Cyborg look "attractive" now that Carano is out of the picture. Note to Scott Coker: NOT WORKING.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Now we get to watch the tranny beat up another woman. Love that Strikeforce is actually trying to make Cyborg look "attractive" now that Carano is out of the picture. Note to Scott Coker: NOT WORKING.[/QUOTE]

LOL:applause:

Wow, just when I think it can't get any worse, looking at Cyborg's fat interpretor standing next to her, I feel like I'm looking at Scarlett Johansen. She must love walking around with Cyborg and being referred to as "the hot one".

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, just when I think it can't get any worse, looking at Cyborg's fat interpretor standing next to her, I feel like I'm looking at Scarlett Johansen. She must love walking around with Cyborg and being referred to as "the hot one".[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Man, Manhoef isn't ever going to learn to fight smarter. You can't drop your hands and throw your chin in the air no matter how the fucking fight is going.

Nice fight from Nick Diaz! Some of those punches at the end looked like video game style, lol, but he knew he had all day to land them. Also, great interview. "I'm just ready to go get something to eat." Not a bad night of fights overall.

the manhoef fight had me out of my seat yelling. i love watching him fight.

So is the strikeforce annoucing crew not the worst? seriously the comment about cyborgs toenail polish was fucking retarded.

[quote name='paz9x']the manhoef fight had me out of my seat yelling. i love watching him fight.

So is the strikeforce annoucing crew not the worst? seriously the comment about cyborgs toenail polish was fucking retarded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as lame as some of the things are that Mike Goldberg says, Mauro Ranallo is far worse. I actually thought that nail polish comment came off kinda sexist. Just the delivery of it and the way all three of them laughed afterward...like they had never seen a foot stomp before. If any feminist groups catch wind of it, there could be hell to pay.

Interesting fights this evening. Lashley continues to show he is 1-dimensional even against a much weaker opponent instead of trying to throw some punches. I'd say KO of the night was Lawler in my book as he was clearly losing until the final punch. Hershel was boring to watch and doesn't have anywhere to really go except fight newbies. Diaz as usual came to fight and put on a show. Finally the woman vs man bout for the Women 145lb Championship was to be expected. Santos is bad for the sport IMO as she could probably take out Urijah Faber; also as its been said I wonder if she is a man....

4314670407_7728c25e50.jpg

4315406494_3ef4ff1ff1.jpg

...Whats up with Strikeforce and the crew of 10 prominently blond girls, I noticed them everywhere during the fights too (trashy cheerleaders anyone?).

no not really, a lot of uninteresting matchups. marquardt f ight is the only potentially exciting fight IMO.

for those that watched the prelims, were you impressed with ronys torres? hes a guy id really like to see more of.

I dislike Matt Hughes--but at least Hughes finished some of his opponents. I like Chael's commentary for Sherdog's Pros Pick but am not a fan of his lay-and-pray tactics.

[quote name='Chase']I like Chael's commentary for Sherdog's Pros Pick but am not a fan of his lay-and-pray tactics.[/QUOTE]

Umm, I guess you haven't seen Jake Shields fight before. Chael was the more active and dominant fighter, while Nate was exposed with no ground defense on his back.

[quote name='PocariSweat']"fuck you, Tito... anytime, douchebag." The high light of the night.[/QUOTE]

that exchange did a lot for people liking coleman and really disliking tito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back