MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Alves still didn't make weight on his second try, so he'll fight at 171.5 and lose 20% of his purse.

Also:
141498396.jpg

The reason I ask is because during wiegh-ins Joe Rogan never said the fight was on the main card. They do the under card first and he always say "for the main card". So idk just asking

UFC 117

MAIN CARD

• Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
  • Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch
  • Rafael dos Anjos vs. Clay Guida
  • Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes
  • Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson
PRELIMINARY CARD

• Dustin Hazelett vs. Rick Story
  • Phil Davis vs. Rodney Wallace
  • Tim Boetsch vs. Todd Brown
  • Charlie Brenneman vs. Johny Hendricks
  • Christian Morecraft vs. Stefan Struve
  • Dennis Hallman vs. Ben Saunders

UFC 117 Picks:

Spider by TKO
Fitch by LNP
Dos Anjos by sub
Almeida by retirement
Dos Santos by TKO

Hazelett
Davis
Boetsch
Hendricks
Struve
Saunders by 100 knees to the face and body.

Silva by submission, either guillotine or rnc. It will come after a thorough ass kicking on the feet.
Fitch by decision.
Dos Santos by TKO.
Almeida by decision.
Dos Anjos by sub.

silva triangle/armbar
alves ud (i want to see fitch win, im tired of alves missing weight)
dos santos ko (this is a potential big upset)
hughes ud
saunders tko

I'm going out on a limb here with my picks.

Silva vs. Sonnen (Via Decision)
Fitch vs. Alves (Via Decision)
Guida vs. Dos Anjos (Via TKO)
Hughes vs. Almeida (Via Submission)
Nelson vs. Dos Santos (Via KO)

I totally want to see Hazelett-Story, Davis-Wallace, and Brenneman-Hendricks. Of course, I wouldn't mind also seeing Saunders-Hallman and Boetsch-Brown.

I agree. UFC 117 is full of potential great fights. This is going to be a fun show. :)

Regarding picks:

Nelson upsets Dos Santos by TKO in Round 1
Hughes slams Almeida to the mat and finishes him for a TKO in Round 2
Guida punches his way to a Unanimous Decision
Fitch earns himself a Unanimous Decision
Silva breaks my heart by submitting Sonnen in Round 2

Hazelett submits Story in Round 1
Davis earns himself a Unanimous Decision over Wallace
Hendricks earns a TKO victory in Round 3
Saunders breaks Hallman's face with knees for a TKO in Round 1
Boetsch beats-down Brown for a TKO victory in Round 2

Best card UFC has put together in a looooong time. Kudos to Joe Silva

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen via RNC
Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch via Decision (Thiago is REALLY hungry so I don't know)
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Clay Guida via TKO
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes via Decision
Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson via KO (This fight is gonna be great!)

I'm a little late, but here are my predictions for tonight. It's actually just who I want to win:

Junior Dos Santos
Matt Hughes
Clay Guida
Jon Fitch
Chael Sonnen

I love Chael Sonnen, Clay Guida, and Matt Hughes, and I can't stand Anderson Silva or Roy Nelson.

AHAHAHA! Big Fatty got his ass handed to him for 15 minutes! That's almost better than seeing him get knocked out. He looked like a fat, slobby amateur out there. He looked like a fatter John Kruk after one too many beers, haha. Who the hell ever thought Nelson had a chance in that fight? Look at the list of who Dos Santos has beaten versus who Nelson has beaten. Junior just completely outclassed him.

Man, I really wish Cain would beat Brock now because a Dos Santos - Velasquez title fight would be AMAZING! :)

Roy has worked hard to get to the UFC. But, it seems like he'll need to work even harder to achieve his dreams in the UFC.

Wow...REALLY freaking impressed with Matt Hughes right now. It's always great to see those moments from guys who you think are near the end of their career. Pure flash of brilliance right there. Ridiculous choke!

[quote name='jaredstorm']and... that was a lame fight.[/QUOTE]

The Guida - Dos Anjos fight? How so? Guida broke Dos Anjos jaw. In most fights, that would be an easy knockout. I give Dos Anjos credit for continuing and not letting Guida know where he was hurt. That fight would have been over a lot sooner if Guida knew where to apply pressure.

.....that was a great comeback, because dude went from "better learn how to dribble a basketball!" in my mind to 15 seconds later...knocking dude out

Yeah, really nice fight from Fitch. I know some people are going to call it "lay & pray", but you really gotta have a better understanding of what that means. To me, lay & pray is gaining top position and stalling or just latching on to your opponent. Fitch was constantly working, and trying to put Alves away. It took absolutely everything Alves had to not be submitted in that fight. Anybody not impressed by a guy who's only loss ever is to GSP is nuts. Dude has won 22 out of 23 fights. Assuming GSP beats Koscheck, that should be one hell of a rematch.

Speaking of GSP. I hate that guy, I really hope he moves up to MW soon. He's cleaned out the WW division, but Dana thinks otherwise. Pfft. I just want to see A. Silva v. GSP, please!

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm a little late, but here are my predictions for tonight. It's actually just who I want to win:

Junior Dos Santos
Matt Hughes
Clay Guida
Jon Fitch
Chael Sonnen

I love Chael Sonnen, Clay Guida, and Matt Hughes, and I can't stand Anderson Silva or Roy Nelson.[/QUOTE]

You may have just called EVERY fight tonight. I HOPE you put some money down on these fights ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back