Modern Warfare 2- discussion

Why is everyone upset over no Zombie mode?? This is Modern Warfare not Nazi Germany garbage. It has the coop special ops shit which is essentially the same thing except its not endless

[quote name='smiggity']Why is everyone upset over no Zombie mode?? This is Modern Warfare not Nazi Germany garbage. It has the coop special ops shit which is essentially the same thing except its not endless[/QUOTE]

Not really. Survival mode(s) are a blast with friends because nothing is ever the same. Seeing how far you can make it/survive, all the way until that last guy...a blast. I wouldn't mind seeing a mode where you and 3 friends have to make it to the end of the map/level while avoid bombs and enemies, not quite the sit and shoot survival mode but a straight up 1 person (at least) needs to make it to the end of the level alive in order to make it on to the next round. And I'm not talking sit and snipe your way through, no, I'm talking bombs exploding randomly all around you (and possibly on you) forcing you to keep movie.

@ Kurokubushi (OP) - Can you please update the thread title to say: "Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out 11/10/09" Since that's how most game discussion threads are posted.

Also, check out this funny video. Notice the sound of the suppressed/silenced sniper.

[quote name='SynGamer']Not really. Survival mode(s) are a blast with friends because nothing is ever the same. Seeing how far you can make it/survive, all the way until that last guy...a blast. I wouldn't mind seeing a mode where you and 3 friends have to make it to the end of the map/level while avoid bombs and enemies, not quite the sit and shoot survival mode but a straight up 1 person (at least) needs to make it to the end of the level alive in order to make it on to the next round. And I'm not talking sit and snipe your way through, no, I'm talking bombs exploding randomly all around you (and possibly on you) forcing you to keep movie.[/QUOTE]

Um thats in the game bro. SPECIAL OPS

[quote name='smiggity']Um thats in the game bro. SPECIAL OPS[/QUOTE]

Just read about the wave of 50 enemies at one, didn't know about that part. All I had heard previously was that it was missions, snowmobile race, air support, etc.

[quote name='SynGamer']Just read about the wave of 50 enemies at one, didn't know about that part. All I had heard previously was that it was missions, snowmobile race, air support, etc.[/QUOTE]

Hmm news to me...I thought it was just killing people moving from point to point, much like coop in Uncharted. WTF Snowmobile races?? Seriously?? Thats lame as hell

[quote name='smiggity']Hmm news to me...I thought it was just killing people moving from point to point, much like coop in Uncharted. WTF Snowmobile races?? Seriously?? Thats lame as hell[/QUOTE]

Races may have been the wrong word. More like surviving while driving a snowmobile, similar to driving and shooting in order to get from point A to B.

I'll admit that if a few of my co-workers do end up getting this (I know one who is), it may push me over the edge and buy this, although I said I'd never buy a FPS again.

[quote name='blader16']I just cam a little:oops:....

But WTF was that space scene:???:....?[/QUOTE]

Alien Invasion Survival Mode :cool:

Joke aside I guess we'll have to wait til the 10th to find out. Only a few days away now.

I'm really liking how they are gonna be adding more vehicle sequences in the SP:
AC130, Snowmobile, Boat, Helicopter Sentry Gun, & maybe a gat on a humvee.

Also, the new terrains look badass:
Forests, deserts, downtown slums (Favela), underwater scuba-diving, river chases, & maybe space....?

Time to blaze through the SP and be ready for MP when everyone else gets it.
See y'all online.

wspvs8.jpg

Oh yeah, to the CAGs with both a 360 and PS3, what was the deciding factor that lead you to choosing one version over the other? I just went with the PS3 because my 360 is super loud but others may have better reasons.

mis0 there won't be any significant different on what version you choose. I am unsure that MW2 will be keeping Dedicated Servers for PS3 version as they did with COD4 (since they took off dedicated servers on PC version). But I myself for sure getting this on my PS3 because I know I can play it online anytime I want without paying. I played COD4 so much on my Xbox 360 (I'm at lvl 50 on my 7th prestige) then bam my xbox live ran out and I just loose all my hardwork because I can't certainly make myself renew my XBL because I am getting the same service on my PS3. So this time around I'm making the brighter choice by going with PS3 version. So yeah the online is the decide factor for me.

Fingers crossed for a clan system. Not just the retarded "Clan tags"

Man, if only all games had a sick party/clan system like "Resistance 2"

[quote name='Trakan']They would have said something if there was going to be a clan system beyond the tags.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was expecting that, but I still have a small amount of hope that they might pack it in for an extra treat.

[quote name='blader16']Man, if only all games had a sick party/clan system like "Resistance 2"[/QUOTE]

QFT, loved "Resistance 2"'s party system. Made CAG nights a breeze once things were going.

The game I've been waiting for since WAW came out.

I'm getting on PS3 because I feel more comfortable with the PS3 controller. Also, I know more people that play on PS3 than 360.

[quote name='Spookie']
To quell a few rumours here is the playlist:

MW2playlists.png

The stars means you can use party chat in them.

Domination unlocks at Lv4
Ground War Lv4
Demolition Lv7
Sabotage Lv10
Headquaters Pro Lv10
S&D Lv13
CTF Lv16
3rd Person Teams Lv19
Hardcore: SD Lv19
Hardcore TDM Lv19
3rd Person Cage Match Lv19

Incase you're wondering only 4.3k players online. :p
[/quote]

Source

4,300 people on eh? Gotta love IW and their whole stopping hackers/pirates idea.

About 2000 players on PS3 last night at one point.

Sold my copy though. I didn't think I was going to get offered that much for it so I had to go for it. I'll just wait for my copy on Tuesday that I had pre-ordered.

We should play together Luan. ;)

How are there copies of MW2 out in the public right now? I saw some fool trying to sell his copy on Craigslist for $110. Haha.

[quote name='idkblah00']i was playing this last night on sp and bam i got the ylod. FML[/QUOTE]Ouch, what do you plan on doing now?

[quote name='mis0']We should play together Luan. ;)

How are there copies of MW2 out in the public right now? I saw some fool trying to sell his copy on Craigslist for $110. Haha.[/QUOTE]Sold mine on Craigslist for $125. :) I was expecting people to offer $70 at most, but I'll take it!

[quote name='Thomas96']has there been any word on how the PS3 version of online would be for the PS3....[/QUOTE]What do you mean?
It's pretty much just like the first one with some better UI tweaks.

[quote name='mis0']We should play together Luan. ;)

How are there copies of MW2 out in the public right now? I saw some fool trying to sell his copy on Craigslist for $110. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I can pick it up soon. I'm thinking about waiting for it to be put up in the trading section for around $45 lol. I might just get it from Sams Club for $55 since my mom gave me a Gift card for $65 lol. I really having hard time though because I'm also trying to find a used bundle of DJ hero from Gamestop since I really want to play that game too. Too many good games too little money >.

[quote name='dallow']
What do you mean?
It's pretty much just like the first one with some better UI tweaks.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's some profit lol. Anyway I think he meant the online connectivity. Do they still use dedicated servers for the PS3 version? I sure hope they do.

I can't believe they took out the G36c, that's so disappointing it was easily my favorite gun in COD4. Guess I will have to find another gun to use.

[quote name='MisterBee']I can't believe they took out the G36c, that's so disappointing it was easily my favorite gun in COD4. Guess I will have to find another gun to use.[/QUOTE]

Sucks. I was looking at this weapons list and at least there are a lot of new guns since CoD4. Maybe I'll find a replacement for the G36C.
Never!

Also it's weird that the M16 and AK-47 take so long to unlock. AK-47 at level 70, really?

[quote name='metaly']Sucks. I was looking at this weapons list and at least there are a lot of new guns since CoD4. Maybe I'll find a replacement for the G36C.
Never!

Also it's weird that the M16 and AK-47 take so long to unlock. AK-47 at level 70, really?[/QUOTE]

It sort of makes sense to me because, AK-74 and M-16 were really good guns in CoD4 and when you went into prestige mode you started out with them, so you could basically use the best guns from the beginning all the way up to max prestige

[quote name='dallow']
What do you mean?
It's pretty much just like the first one with some better UI tweaks.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about the system by which you invite friends, would there be cross game invites (like Tekken) and how would the clan system work, would it be as good as Killzone 2, or Warkhawk; something more than just I make my TAG look like yours. That's what I mean.

No clan support=Lame as hell...It boggles my mind that the #1 mainstream online FPS has no clan support still after 3 iterations

Yeah, I'm baffled at it also. That is probably gonna be my only negative about this game.

I doubt they would, but could they issue it in a patch?

They certainly could but they are money hungry so its doubtful...I was thinking they should do like a $10 DLC pack with Clan Support, Ladders and so on

[quote name='smiggity']They certainly could but they are money hungry so its doubtful...I was thinking they should do like a $10 DLC pack with Clan Support, Ladders and so on[/QUOTE]

What? Are you serious? You would pay $10 for something that SHOULD have been in the game, something as glaring as clan support and ladders? No wonder this generation is ruining gaming...

bread's done
Back