Modern Warfare 2- discussion

In hindsight, I'm pretty disappointed I opened my copy. I was already on the fence about this game, beforehand. Maybe it'll grow on me.

[quote name='Darknyss']So invite requests aren't working and neither are trophies. Could they have screwed this up any more??!! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like COD4, a patch won't come for weeks, and when it does, it still won't fix the problem.

Delete the game data (aka the 1.01 patch) and decline to download it when you boot up the game. Trophies work.

Also, I sold my copy of CoD Classic for $19.99 on eBay so about $17.50 after fees and such.

Weird, I got some trophies, but nothing from Takedown forward. Guess i'll try deleting the game data once I play again.

What exactly is you guys' problems with the trophies? I don't see any problem with mine. If you play it before release they did warn you that there will be a reset in leaderboard. And I was actually able to invite a friend to a Spec Ops game. Haven't try inviting to MP games as not many of my friends got this on PS3 >.> anyway I still love the game. May be you guys should forget about your head starts and restart the game from scratch like many people that did not get the game until release day.

[quote name='dizee']Ive played this game for a few hours and can already tell its complete garbage compared to the first.

Wont go into single player much but from what I have played so far its alot worse than MW1

Online is solid but the fact that you cant play with any of your friends atm is the reason why I refuse to play it. Atleast with socom you could find a room and tell your friends to join even if the game was a buggy pile of crap on day 1.

and ya trophies are bugged due to the patch so I imagine if you want em you will have to delete your save data and start over or they wont unlock because they dont want people using other peoples saves (similar to uncharted 1 when they released the trophy patch).

and IDK how ign gave this game a 10 for graphics. they are exactly the same as MW1. They gave this a 10 but KZ2 a 9.5. go figure. The graphics are good but they are far from a 10.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing! But to add, they used the same textures, from COD4. This game is like COD4 Remix. The invite system has the SAME problem that COD4 had, (doesn't work). I'll give it credit that it may work once in a blue moon; however for me it hasn't worked yet. I think the game is good, its fun, I love it for what it is. But if you're going to judge the whole package, graphics, gameplay, online gameplay, online features, etc. I don't see how this game can be considered GOTY.
IGN giving this game a 10 in graphics is ludicrous. The only graphical improvements that I see are mostly with the guns; they are more detailed and they have more accents in the stage (i.e. sparks flying, moving objects, dust, etc). All I know is if Sony were to make a SOCOM game with KZ2 graphics in FPS Mode I'd never play this again. Also, the blood splatter is great in MW2, but what's surprising is that you don't get the effect of limbs falling off that you get in World at War. [if I'm wrong please let me know... because I havent seen it yet, online or offline]

Does anyone know if you have to re-play the missions that didn't give you trophies after the patch? Would kinda suck if so. I'm not really enjoying the SP that much. It could be because I'm playing on Veteran though.

yes the graphics are a huge let down since this is one of the selling points of various reviews. After playing Uncharted 2 CODmw2 looks like crap.

I cant believe I see people at level 40 already in multiplayer. The game is definately not as good as I thought it would be. I know it hasn't been out that long but I believe resistance 2 and killzone 2 have better multiplayer. I really like some of the maps, but some are trash. Also the whole helicopter thing is total bs and some guy kept poisoning me or something without shooting me, I don't know what that was about. I hold r1 to shoot and I got killed about 10 times cause bullets were coming out of my gun with major lag. Single player is not as good as call of duty 1 through the first 3 missions, so I am hoping spec ops is really good. Uncharted 2 has a much more fun tdm imo. The way way people move around in this game feels kind of robotic like the first call of duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is not at full HD, I know its not in full 720p. Also, the online gets you into a room, but the problem is I've gotten killed dozens of times and when I see the kill replay, I don't see myself firing back; I know that I at least hit the person, but from the other player's online perspective I've fired no shots. That makes me feel that something much be broken. This game makes me appreciate SOCOM so much more as its clearly the better game, but this is more popular. Also, the perks are system is totally garbage. But... I do like the game, its just more arcadey than its given credit for. There's enough realism to make people forget about the video game that lies beneath. Overall, MW2 is an Xbox 360 game, but we were able to get it on our system. I would hope that for the next one, they would optimize it for the PS3.

[quote name='Snake2715']Wow, so hands on reviews or comments have not been that great....

Maybe I will wait to order my copy?[/QUOTE]

The "wow" factor of the game just isn't there anymore. It's still a great game, don't get me wrong, but it feels just like the original MW. The original MW was something else but since then, we've seen some other incredible games which have stolen its spotlight.

[quote name='Thomas96']This game is not at full HD, I know its not in full 720p. Also, the online gets you into a room, but the problem is I've gotten killed dozens of times and when I see the kill replay, I don't see myself firing back; I know that I at least hit the person, but from the other player's online perspective I've fired no shots. That makes me feel that something much be broken. This game makes me appreciate SOCOM so much more as its clearly the better game, but this is more popular. Also, the perks are system is totally garbage. But... I do like the game, its just more arcadey than its given credit for. There's enough realism to make people forget about the video game that lies beneath. Overall, MW2 is an Xbox 360 game, but we were able to get it on our system. I would hope that for the next one, they would optimize it for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Confrontation is garbage. I consistently see blood spurting out of a guys head yet I die and he walks away.

[quote name='Shizim']can anyone get on? i keep getting this fetching playlists error[/QUOTE]

I cant either. I have been having the same problem all day.

Just in case this hasn't been posted yet:
Randolph d’Amore of Activision stated that the there was a server outage and he doesn’t know when will the server will be back. There is no ETA but currently, they are adding more PS3 servers to meet the MP demand.

FFS this is ridiculous...

Updated to 1.02. Trophies won't sync. Can't play online.

Just deleted my game data and will play offline till these assholes get their shit together.

Play it on PC and you'll see how good the graphics actually are. They are much better than MW1. At least on the PC. Seems like the PS3 got screwed again. :/

Online is back! The trophies work now except you can't compare trophies....The single player is pretty good. I was pretty surprised by some of the outcomes.

Can somebody confirm if you still lose your kills if you leave right after the game ends & it says Victory/defeat but before thr scores come up & the game goes to the lobby.

If anybody can do this for me that would be great, since I'm away from my PS3. All you would have to do is check your kills before you join a game, then leave your next game before it goes to the lobby.

Overall I think Uncharted 2 is still the game of the year. Where Uncharted 2 started amazing and finished pretty good, Modern Warfare 2 starts pretty good and ends amazingly. And personally while I prefer a strong finish to a strong start, I just preferred the gameplay for Uncharted 2 a bit more. Definitely proud to have both games in my library.

Thanks Vinny....

I am wrapped up for just a few more days and will look into this and other threads throughout the week. i will probably pick it up... but man sounds like a disappointment.

Anyone know if KZ2 Multiplayer has completely fallen off... I loved that.

[quote name='SynGamer']Confrontation is garbage. I consistently see blood spurting out of a guys head yet I die and he walks away.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt help the few times I played with you you were lagging all over the place. I consistently kill people from 100+meters away with no scope. But right Confrontation is garbage, it cant be you:roll:

[quote name='smiggity']It doesnt help the few times I played with you you were lagging all over the place. I consistently kill people from 100+meters away with no scope. But right Confrontation is garbage, it cant be you:roll:[/QUOTE]

I have a damn good connection, TMC hates me because I call them at least once every few months to make sure my signal is strong (changing seasons can affect it up here). I'm not saying I lag but I know I have a good connection, I just don't get why Slant 6 allows such high pings (lag).

I didnt have any problems getting trophies. Beat the game last night and I think that it was well worth the 40 dollars I paid ($20.00 promotional credit ) Took about 10 hours on veteran. Now im going through cleaning up the single player trophies. Man, doing the obstacle course in 30 seconds is hard. The online is great. only played for an hour so far but I had no problems getting into a game. Is it more of the same old. Yes! Is It pretty much COD 4.5? yeah. Do I care. Hell No! I played COD4 up until I got This game and I forsee myself playing MW2 for a while also. Cant wait to see how Price and Soap get themelves out of this situation.

Is anyone having problems with voice chat in the game with friends? For some reason it always cuts out for me and my friends when we play. And in spec. ops it drives me mad. trying to give orders on what to do, where people are at and whatnot when the mic cuts off!

I'm so glad to not be the only one who thinks this game is not worthy of $60 & all the hype
Luckily I did manage to get the game at a discount, less $20 which eases the kick in the ass a bit,
but when you see weigh the cons vs. pros the Cons come out on top. (at least according to my views)
Cons:
The Blood - I hate it.. interferes with gameplay (fine when dead or a 1-shot head kill)
Mini-map not visible on single player (at least not on my game)
Compass - not enought contrast/small , hard to read in the heat of action
Trophies not registering / able to sync
Short Playing times

Pros:
Looks Pretty (but hate to say but COD:MW & COD:WaW, seem to play better)
Large Multiplayer areas
unique co-op mode

hate to say it but Cons beat Pros.. and I predict we'll continue to see sales on this game for awhile maybe even until christmas

Does anyone have the Hardened edition? If so how does COD:1 play ? I haven't played it in a long time and was wondering how well it stood up/ if the trophies are easy.

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates this. Good thing my copy was freeish. Since it's actually my brothers copy. Yea, I have CoD1 installed on my ps3. I played the original on the PC way back, it was actually what cause to start messing with upgrading graphics card and whatnot. Graphics are PS2ish. The controls are different from the current CoD so it's weird having a different control scheme when I don't think it was ever released on the consoles. It might be fun if you have never played it before, but for somebody who has, I don't think it has held up too great. There has just been so much that has evolve in the genre since than.

Yeah i am one who bit on the 20 e-card from wal-mart. Needless to say i still am not playing the game. After taxes and shipping its like a 15 card then when i use that card it will be like a 10 card from taxes and shipping. Whatever you live and learn this will be the last time. I just cant beleive for the life of me that they cant get me the game quicker. They need to figure out something cause not to many gamers are going to deal with this.

[quote name='blader16']Anybody beating my 1.42 (and growing) K : D ratio? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I need some tips, how are you surviving these matches... I'm at .73 K:D ratio and I know that's bad.

[quote name='Thomas96']I need some tips, how are you surviving these matches... I'm at .73 K:D ratio and I know that's bad.[/QUOTE]Sorry, it's mainly due to my really good aim, my good memorization of the maps, & my excellent true 5.1 surround sound headset.

I usually go 30 & under 7 in FFA

[quote name='blader16']Sorry, it's mainly due to my really good aim, my good memorization of the maps, & my excellent true 5.1 surround sound headset.

I usually go 30 & under 7 in FFA[/QUOTE]

Good to hear ya got the PRO's. How ya like dem now?:lol:. I call the PRO's my
4th PERK LOL.

Feel free to add me if any of you need more people to play with. I could actually use a few more, doesn't matter if you're pro or not. Not many people on my friend's list have this game yet. PSN is "Uracat". I'm on the west coast if that matters.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Good to hear ya got the PRO's. How ya like dem now?:lol:. I call the PRO's my
4th PERK LOL.[/QUOTE]HOLY SHIT! My ears won't accept anything else now. They are beyond god-like. I swear that my K : D ration went up quite a few just because of them.

Thanks for the recommendation again.

[quote name='Uracat']Feel free to add me if any of you need more people to play with. I could actually use a few more, doesn't matter if you're pro or not. Not many people on my friend's list have this game yet. PSN is "Uracat". I'm on the west coast if that matters.[/QUOTE]Feel free to drop a post in the PS3 MW2 CAG clan & I'll be sure to add you.

[quote name='blader16']HOLY SHIT! My ears won't accept anything else now. They are beyond god-like. I swear that my K : D ration went up quite a few just because of them.

Thanks for the recommendation again.[/QUOTE]

Nice K : D Ratio:applause:! I'm about .88 or something. I pretty much Run N Gun, so I get taken out a lot but I still have fun wit it.
I definitely noticed my Stats improved after I got the headset on COD4 & W@W. Glad you like the headset.
I definitely don't have any regrets dropping a buck and a half on it. Plus I'm in the process of changing the headset covers to Neon Blue instead of the orange :cool:.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Plus I'm in the process of changing the headset covers to Neon Blue instead of the orange :cool:.[/QUOTE]I'm still thinking if I should get a custom one that has the CAG logo with a black background, so I could represent.:D

[quote name='blader16']Anybody beating my 1.42 (and growing) K : D ratio? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Check mine from your friend list :cool: It actually went down a bit just now because I was using the Famas trying to unlock everything for it and god does that gun suck or what? lol I freaking hate it, it's so weak, slow inaccurate, I wish they would have put an option to switch it to full auto like it is in real life. Very disappointed with MW2 Famas.

Talking about gun does anyone else but me think that the M4 in this fires way too fast? lol. I swear it's like twice as fast a COD4 M4.

bread's done
Back