Modern Warfare 2- discussion

:bs: on your FAMAS claims. :D

the M16 & FAMAS are way too cheap since no gun should be able to one shot somebody without a headshot or sniper.

[quote name='blader16']:bs: on your FAMAS claims. :D

the M16 & FAMAS are way too cheap since no gun should be able to one shot somebody without a headshot or sniper.[/QUOTE]

I haven't unlock the M16 in this yet so I don't really know how it works. But yeah I hate the famas it sucks hardcore. It actually takes up to 2-3 burst to kill someone from mid range with stopping power PRO, and could take up to 5-6 burst to kill someone from long range. My kdr went down a lots because I was trying to unlock the silencer for this piece of crap lol. I was at 1.86 before I started using it.

I'm liking the larger maps. My k/d ratio is horrible. Though I have been in so many games with campers on my team. That plus playing sabotage doesn't help since I can't resist running after the bomb and trying to plant it.

[quote name='blader16']Sorry, it's mainly due to my really good aim, my good memorization of the maps, & my excellent true 5.1 surround sound headset.

I usually go 30 & under 7 in FFA[/QUOTE]

I'm getting better, I went 15 and 7, 12, and 9, 15 and 5. Its better than 3 and 14 which is where I was when I first got the game. It took me awhile to find the right gun and perks combo. So far so good. I'll get better as time goes on.

Just beat the campaign.

Storyline starts off okay, turns into uh what, and then turns into "Drink Drano and pound face on keyboard to write script" retarded.

Seriously, Makarov is completely absent, Shepard turns evil, Price nukes D.C. (oh, and lol, he's not dead), damn near every character you play as dies, they abandon Ramirez's storyline, and it all turns out to be about turning people into patriots and driving up recruitment numbers. And the last bit screams WE ARE MAKING MW3.

Sure, the first MW wasn't a powerhouse of storytelling, but it was competent. It made sense. Zakarov was evil. You are not. fuck yeah, Western Powers. DONE. Sure it was action shlock, but it was fun.

This story's plot holes are big enough to steer aircraft carriers through. Like the fucking airport level. You're behind them, last one to leave the elevator, armed with a big ass machine gun. Shoot them all in the back, give up your weapons, baseball, barbeque, apple pie, fuck YEAH AMERICA. But, nope.

Retarded.

I dunno about the blood on the screen, seems cheesy, but the first level was intense. Lots of fun.

[quote name='Logain8955']Just beat the campaign. [/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said.
Then they top it off with Russia invading the US because they found an American dead at the scene? Come on. You'd think Russia would at least try to get to the bottom of the matter before staging a full on invasion.

And the blood on the screen...dear god why did they do this? Enemies are hard enough to see as it is and then you get a screen full of blood after one or two hits? I'm not even sure if I want to try to beat the game on Veteran. I don't want to tear out what little hair I have left.

As for online, I finally have my kills above my deaths now but man am I getting tired of 90% of my deaths coming from getting shot in the back. It's seems to me that you're almost forced to camp because trying to run from place to place usually results in dying without ever seeing your assailant. The FAMAS is weak? One properly aimed 3-round burst and it's lights out. I guess I am used to Uncharted 2 where you can actually take a few hits then try to fight back. The only thing keeping me playing MW2 is the addictive XP/title system. If UC2 had a more expansive XP system I would drop MW2 and never look back.

Oh, and who thought it was a good idea to stick 8 people in the map Rust? I haven't seen such a chaotic, sloppy fragfest since Quake 1's first episode boss level DM map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per fourzerotwo on Twitter:

"New Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer playlists added on all platforms. Mosh Pit, 3rd Person Team Tactical, and Team Deathmatch Express!"

What, What!!:twoguns:

The more I play the game the more I realize how fuckin stupid MW2's health meter is. What was IW thinking? It's terrible. Blood is all over the screen and you can't see a damn thing, causing you to die faster.

[quote name='Blackout']The more I play the game the more I realize how fuckin stupid MW2's health meter is. What was IW thinking? It's terrible. Blood is all over the screen and you can't see a damn thing, causing you to die faster.[/QUOTE]

While I partly agree, if you think about it, bullets are penetrating your armor/clothing and blood is no doubt going to splatter a bit. It seems a bit over the top but does make sense :(

[quote name='SynGamer']While I partly agree, if you think about it, bullets are penetrating your armor/clothing and blood is no doubt going to splatter a bit. It seems a bit over the top but does make sense :([/QUOTE]

Yeah it makes sense, but from a gameplay standpoint it's awful. And a "bit"? I get shot twice and the screen is covered in blood. :) It's seriously distracting.

wow i just beat this game. I think its the best FPS single player campaign i have ever played. Really loved it. :) It was just damn short.

i have played 4 hours of MP and beat SP in 5 lol.

Never played the first MW. Not impressed with MW2. It just seems like chaos and no strategy. On one level all I did was just run to the objective and didn't even bother fighting the bad guys. I just ran for it to see if I could and I thought wow a fps where you don't have to fire your gun. The other thing that bothered me was after playing for 6 hours I am 1 level away from being done. Plus the story really makes no sense. Audio design was dodgy as there where to many instances of characters talking at once. Plus I have no idea why am supposed to care about these soldiers as there is no real stand out characters.

I don't really play multiplayer so I will probably trade it in for Assassins Creed 2 and get the trade in bonus. As a single player game I would say rent it or trade it in as soon as you are done.

[quote name='espionage']I posted this in the 360 mw2 thread but thought you guys might find it helpful too:[/QUOTE]

nice review, you should have added some nice packages (guns and perks) to get folks started.

[quote name='Thomas96']Why don't any of the guns take off limbs....[/QUOTE]
I bet if Sony developed Modern Warfare 2, limbs would be flying everywhere!

[quote name='Brak']I bet if Sony developed Modern Warfare 2, limbs would be flying everywhere![/QUOTE]and it would be exclusive for fanboys to talk about!!11!11!1!1!lmao

[quote name='Brak']I bet if Sony developed Modern Warfare 2, limbs would be flying everywhere![/QUOTE]

I'm only comparing it World at War... IW's previous work

[quote name='Thongsy']World at War wasn't made by IW.[/QUOTE]

wow... lol I thought WaW was developed by IW. IW must have had a long time to develop this game.

No need to make a new post for this! Today was a good day, went from .77 and now I'm up to .86 962 kills and 1122 deaths. went 12/2 on my last match for now! I'm getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just beat it and I have no idea what the hell the story is about. The locations are just all over the place, it doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='Viperx116']I just beat it and I have no idea what the hell the story is about. The locations are just all over the place, it doesn't make any sense.[/QUOTE]

Then you're an idiot. The game is simple to follow.

I just beat the game on Regular. Solid experience. I was kinda lost in the story but each level was a lot of fun. Seeing
Washington D.C. and the American town all trashed was really cool and eerie.

Just beat the game on hardened. Second FPS I've played on my PS3, and I've got to say I really enjoy it. I thought the "not use a keyboard and mouse" thing would get to me, but it's not all that bad. The p2p multiplayer also makes me have flashbacks of me and my friends playing quake online through heat.net on a 56K.

One question, though it must've been asked already.

I must be experiencing some sort of delay or lag. In multi, I manage to squeeze out a couple bullets before I die, but the replay doesn't reflect that. Is anyone experiencing this as well? My NAT is open.

[quote name='option.iv']One question, though it must've been asked already.

I must be experiencing some sort of delay or lag. In multi, I manage to squeeze out a couple bullets before I die, but the replay doesn't reflect that. Is anyone experiencing this as well? My NAT is open.[/QUOTE]

I've had that experience in some matches. My nat type says open as well. All I can say is that some matches are better than other.

[quote name='option.iv']One question, though it must've been asked already.

I must be experiencing some sort of delay or lag. In multi, I manage to squeeze out a couple bullets before I die, but the replay doesn't reflect that. Is anyone experiencing this as well? My NAT is open.[/QUOTE]

It pretty much happens to me in every match. My NAT is open too. I think I may have it worst since I'm in Alaska while the host will be 2-5k miles away. I wish they showed ping instead of bars. I would like to know how much I'm really lagging compared to others. On replay it seems to be close to half a second if not more.

Yeah, I think it's close to about a half second delay for me as well. This still happens even though most everyone has a full set of green bars.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed seeing as it seems like the other person sees me at least a half second sooner than I see them.

I'll try again tonight and see if I can improve my connection.

Man. I was playing Domination earlier and some dude on the other team dropped a nuke and ended the game. I was like WTF? I didn't even know that was a perk in the game. I don't think I'll ever get a 25 kill streak to be able to even use that perk but damn. It was crazy because my team was close to winning the game and then the guy goes and drop a nuke. :)

The story was pretty confusing but still cool, the only disappointment for me was in the commercial they showed the guy in space, and i was like hell yea a mission in the space station!!! Then i got to that part and all i could do was look around :(

[quote name='Thongsy']It pretty much happens to me in every match. My NAT is open too. I think I may have it worst since I'm in Alaska while the host will be 2-5k miles away. I wish they showed ping instead of bars. I would like to know how much I'm really lagging compared to others. On replay it seems to be close to half a second if not more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='option.iv']Yeah, I think it's close to about a half second delay for me as well. This still happens even though most everyone has a full set of green bars.

I'm starting to get a little annoyed seeing as it seems like the other person sees me at least a half second sooner than I see them.

I'll try again tonight and see if I can improve my connection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've tried everything to improve mine as well. I'm surprised they haven't fixed or figured a way to match up similar connection speeds.
I've NEVER gotten 4 green bars and you'll notice the top players at the end are 99% of the time 4 green bars and the
killcams show them seeing you WAY before you see them. Quite annoying really(british accent)!

[quote name='Viperx116']I just beat it and I have no idea what the hell the story is about. The locations are just all over the place, it doesn't make any sense.[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree. I know I'm the 2% that actually plays Modern Warfare mainly for the single player, but I was pretty underwhelmed with it. The thing I loved about MW1 was the pacing (going from highs to mediums back up to highs and so forth). In MW2 it almost feels like they were trying too hard to out-do themselves by making almost every level end with some faux-cinematic twist or chase scene culminating in "jump for x, x team mate catches you at the last minute (or maybe not)". Story was all over the place, too and just left me indifferent.

I still need to try out the multiplayer. I'm sure it'll be an excellent experience, but as far as single player I'll probably stick with CoD4.

I dont look at the SP campaign as a story mode, I see it as they drop you in a situation or a moment and you have to accomplish the task. Almost like a series of short stories. That sniper level in COD4 was intense and for me it'll always stand out as a great portion of the story. In the grand scheme of COD4 story I don't know where it lies, but I just look at it as a mini short story.

[quote name='Ronzilla']It's ONLY a game................LOL!

[youtube]mQpcO8x6NNY[/youtube]​
[/QUOTE]

WTF! The part he started punching that solid wall was so unexpected, bloody hell man.

Crazy fool. Craaap...

Did video games make this kid Crazy? Or was he crazy before the video games? I see this boy being the poster child for every video game study for the next ten years.

well finally finished the campaign for the first time, and multi-player seems to go so fast like people are on Crack, but its a bit uneven when your level 1 -2 & others are on 30 & 40,
I do like campaign modes on FPS it should act as a way to get familiar with the settings, & story but this game is Friggin' Crazy.. Are the folks at IW BiPolar?

If they want to create a mult-player only focused game get inline with Warhawk & MAG, this game isn't worth all the cost & hype because it fails to deliver [At least in my opnion]

The game matching system should have more filters, it would be so nice to find games with others close to your skill level to be able to at least live 25 seconds or maybe fire the gun I picked out
at least keep people in 1-10 level games, 20-30 level or unlimited games, what ever way they make teams is not working very well. (the other night 3 people under level 5 where on my team and that was 50% the other team where all over level 30. c'mon dying on respawn sucks after 10 times in a game

bread's done
Back