Modern Warfare 2- discussion

All these people who boycott shit and try to "make a statement" by not purchasing something are just inconveniencing themselves. By whose account should it have been in the game? Certainly not IW. COD has never had clan support dude...I dont mind paying for stuff that I am going to use, and a game with clan support has MUCH longer legs than one without it.

All that being said Im not buying the game nor the hypothetical DLC. But hey, I am part of the generation that ruined gaming.:roll:

The fact that they crippled the PC version already lost much of my respect and faith in them, but when other game son consoles such as Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and SOCOM Confrontation. For shooters, it's almost expected now in the year 2009 to support clans.

But if you want to waste your money and give Activision further reason to rape your wallet, then by all means, be my guest :) I'll take my money, my $20 gift card, and buy another game.

Now, if you want to see a a developer that actually respects its fans, look no further than Criterion and Burnout Paradise.

Maybe you should read my post dude. Especially the end of it. Criterion was an exception to the rule my man. And they still nickel and dimed the shit out of the hardcore fans. $10 for a party pack with minimal content??? Yup that was the same company. Not to mention the overpriced vehicles..

The developers dont give a shit about you, why are you so concerned with them? Get over it dude, life is much bigger than video games and their respective companies. fuck em all and concentrate on shit that matters, like being HAPPY instead of getting your panties in a bunch because Activision didnt respect the PC waa waa boo hoo

[quote name='smiggity']All that being said Im not buying the game nor the hypothetical DLC. But hey, I am part of the generation that ruined gaming.:roll:[/QUOTE]Is that towards all games in general or MW2?

Actually, maybe Guerilla games should make a current day shooting game like COD and let it have some Killzone 2 quality graphics. At least give PS3 owners an option. I think that people like playing current day shooter. Actually, I think that SOCOM should revamp their series and become a FPS. They got plenty of time, before MW3, and if they can release before MW3 and after the novelty of MW2 wears off, I think that they'll have a shot at selling well and possibly selling some systems.

[quote name='smiggity']Maybe you should read my post dude. Especially the end of it. Criterion was an exception to the rule my man. And they still nickel and dimed the shit out of the hardcore fans. $10 for a party pack with minimal content??? Yup that was the same company. Not to mention the overpriced vehicles..

The developers dont give a shit about you, why are you so concerned with them? Get over it dude, life is much bigger than video games and their respective companies. fuck em all and concentrate on shit that matters, like being HAPPY instead of getting your panties in a bunch because Activision didnt respect the PC waa waa boo hoo[/QUOTE]

I need you you redact that Criterion nickel and dime comment... I'm sticking up for Criterion because they gave away a lot of content for free... Just because they put out some non-free content doesn't mean that its a nickel and dime show.

[quote name='Thomas96']Actually, maybe Guerilla games should make a current day shooting game like COD and let it have some Killzone 2 quality graphics. At least give PS3 owners an option. I think that people like playing current day shooter. Actually, I think that SOCOM should revamp their series and become a FPS. They got plenty of time, before MW3, and if they can release before MW3 and after the novelty of MW2 wears off, I think that they'll have a shot at selling well and possibly selling some systems.[/QUOTE]
Are you a real person?

[quote name='Thomas96']I need you you redact that Criterion nickel and dime comment... I'm sticking up for Criterion because they gave away a lot of content for free... Just because they put out some non-free content doesn't mean that its a nickel and dime show.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Serously, they released Bikes when they could have EASILY gotten away with making that paid DLC. They added trophy support when they didn't have to. The support they've shown for their game is amazing, especially when they could have just moved on to the next burnout and left it at that.

That 3rd person video looks way better than how I've heard it described. Looking forward to playing a lot of that.

Also it's cool to hear Gaz doing the voiceover again. Let's do dis!

[quote name='SynGamer']QFT. Serously, they released Bikes when they could have EASILY gotten away with making that paid DLC. They added trophy support when they didn't have to. The support they've shown for their game is amazing, especially when they could have just moved on to the next burnout and left it at that.[/QUOTE]I know, I at least give Criterion respect for all that free content. Most devs/publishers wouldn't do it. I have a feeling Criterion would loved to have made more content free, but you better bet EA wanted some of their money back.
[quote name='smiggity']They certainly could but they are money hungry so its doubtful...I was thinking they should do like a $10 DLC pack with Clan Support, Ladders and so on[/QUOTE]It's IW, they are one of the worst devs when it comes to supporting old games (CoD4 never got trophy support, no rumble added, and only one map pack. Also very few updates fixing actual issues. CoD2 was the same way on 360. CoD: WaW and CoD3 even got more map packs if I'm not mistaken). Once the first map pack is done, IW will move right onto CoD8.

[quote name='Thomas96']Actually, maybe Guerilla games should make a current day shooting game like COD and let it have some Killzone 2 quality graphics. At least give PS3 owners an option. I think that people like playing current day shooter. Actually, I think that SOCOM should revamp their series and become a FPS. They got plenty of time, before MW3, and if they can release before MW3 and after the novelty of MW2 wears off, I think that they'll have a shot at selling well and possibly selling some systems.[/QUOTE]

Are you drunk?

[quote name='SynGamer']QFT. Serously, they released Bikes when they could have EASILY gotten away with making that paid DLC. They added trophy support when they didn't have to. The support they've shown for their game is amazing, especially when they could have just moved on to the next burnout and left it at that.[/QUOTE]

my point exactly, the bikes, the extra island, and the cops and robbers could have been a BP 2. I don't usually stick up for developers but that's pure bullshit if anyone wants to say that Criterion wanted to nickel and dime people with this release. Maybe down the line they may nickel and dime with another title, but with BP, they did a great job with free content, and paid content.

[quote name='smiggity']Are you drunk?[/QUOTE]

SOCOM is a good game, but whose playing it.. might as well ... doing a version of Socom where its a first person shooter; I was drunk when I posted previously, and that's how I forgot to tell you STFU. poser.

Me too??? I'm confused

Also, EVERY Socom before /6 got a hold of it had First Person View, and Im sure Socom 4 will have FPV as well

[quote name='D_Icon']Quick question, does this game have 4-player split screen like CoD:WaW?[/QUOTE]

No. And I'm assuming you posted in the wrong thread too :)

[quote name='SynGamer']No. And I'm assuming you posted in the wrong thread too :)[/QUOTE]

Are you serious, no 4-player split screen?

What a letdown, me and three guys played 4-player split screen with War at War on a weekly basis.

I though this was the CoD:MW2 thread???

[quote name='D_Icon']Are you serious, no 4-player split screen?

What a letdown, me and three guys played 4-player split screen with War at War on a weekly basis.

I though this was the CoD:MW2 thread???[/QUOTE]

Well time for them to get their own PS3 yeah? lol

Anyway there is no Campaign 4 Players Co-op but there is a Spec-Ops (Objective based missions) where you can do 2 player Splitscreen or Online. They're tad fun.

[quote name='smiggity']Me too??? I'm confused

Also, EVERY Socom before /6 got a hold of it had First Person View, and Im sure Socom 4 will have FPV as well[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info, I didn't know that previous SOCOM(s) had an First person view;
I didn't know previous games have FPS view, but you know the game was meant to be played in third person view. I was suggesting that they should focus on making the game a FPS shooter first and not focus on the thrid person aspect anymore. The purpose of this would be to make the game more mainstream. Just an idea.

Hope this clears up the confusion from my previous statement.

[quote name='gindias']I played for about an hour when I realized there were no trophies, I expect bugs from this game anyway they treat the PS3 like crap.[/QUOTE]

apparently the fix is to not install the patch or delete the gamedata and restart the game. I saw that people on ps3trophies.org figured out that the patch disables the trophies. I haven't seen an official word on this yet.

Ive played this game for a few hours and can already tell its complete garbage compared to the first.

Wont go into single player much but from what I have played so far its alot worse than MW1

Online is solid but the fact that you cant play with any of your friends atm is the reason why I refuse to play it. Atleast with socom you could find a room and tell your friends to join even if the game was a buggy pile of crap on day 1.

and ya trophies are bugged due to the patch so I imagine if you want em you will have to delete your save data and start over or they wont unlock because they dont want people using other peoples saves (similar to uncharted 1 when they released the trophy patch).

and IDK how ign gave this game a 10 for graphics. they are exactly the same as MW1. They gave this a 10 but KZ2 a 9.5. go figure. The graphics are good but they are far from a 10.

@ Danny - they have a mode called "spec ops" where you play missions based on the Single Player & it feature support for solo play or for 2 people. But the "multiplayer" is restricted to 1 person.

[quote name='Thomas96']thanks for the info, I didn't know that previous SOCOM(s) had an First person view;
I didn't know previous games have FPS view, but you know the game was meant to be played in third person view. I was suggesting that they should focus on making the game a FPS shooter first and not focus on the thrid person aspect anymore. The purpose of this would be to make the game more mainstream. Just an idea.

Hope this clears up the confusion from my previous statement.[/QUOTE]

Its called MAG

[quote name='gindias']I played for about an hour when I realized there were no trophies, I expect bugs from this game anyway they treat the PS3 like crap.[/QUOTE]

Typical. COD4 had a lot of problems on the PS3 as well. They better fix this shit.

So the whole "Game session is no longer valid" message popping up when you try to invite a friend and vice versa is an issue on IW's end? I wasted a half hr or so trying to join my friends lobby. Christ.

[quote name='blader16']@ Danny - they have a mode called "spec ops" where you play missions based on the Single Player & it feature support for solo play or for 2 people. But the "multiplayer" is restricted to 1 person.[/QUOTE]

That was what I was afraid of :roll:

thanks ^^

[quote name='D_Icon']Quick question, does this game have 4-player split screen like CoD:WaW?[/QUOTE]

It has 4 player split screen, my kids were playing today and I thought they took that out. Unless you mean split screen online then I dont know I deleted the day 1 patch for the trophies and it wont allow me online until I patch it.

[quote name='gindias']It has 4 player split screen, my kids were playing today and I thought they took that out. Unless you mean split screen online then I dont know I deleted the day 1 patch for the trophies and it wont allow me online until I patch it.[/QUOTE]

No I don't care for split screen online, 4-players split screen offline is satisfying enough. Thanks for confirming it.

[quote name='manthing']How long does the 1.0.1 Update take to download/install?[/QUOTE]
a minute or 2 tops

bread's done
Back