Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Ed. 360/PS3 $79.99 NEW @ GS B&M/OOS Online

Okay, sorry; I've read all the posts in this thread and am still a tad confused; as looking on eBay, it seems "Elite" codes have the "founder" symbol on them. I'm hopeful I can offload some credit, and buy one and:
1) Sell Elite code for ~$40
2) Sell Founder code for ~$50
3) Sell Game for ~$35-$40
4) Sell extra junk for a few bucks
Will I have any problem doing that? Thank you! Just looking for some clarification.

[quote name='mattcube64']Okay, sorry; I've read all the posts in this thread and am still a tad confused; as looking on eBay, it seems "Elite" codes have the "founder" symbol on them. I'm hopeful I can offload some credit, and buy one and:
1) Sell Elite code for ~$40
2) Sell Founder code for ~$50
3) Sell Game for ~$35-$40
4) Sell extra junk for a few bucks
Will I have any problem doing that? Thank you! Just looking for some clarification.[/QUOTE]
The elite code is on the back of the founder book but that doesn't include the founder code. That is on a different card.

[quote name='jfuze']Can the Founder code be sold to people who already have Call of Duty Elite? I really dont care about Founder status. Just want to make sure there wont be any problems...[/QUOTE]
You need to have the elite premium subscription to redeem it. If selling on eBay be sure to add that in your listing.

[quote name='Brother Daz']The elite code is on the back of the founder book but that doesn't include the founder code. That is on a different card.

You need to have the elite premium subscription to redeem it. If selling on eBay be sure to add that in your listing.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic! Thank you :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']You need to have the elite premium subscription to redeem it. If selling on eBay be sure to add that in your listing.[/QUOTE]

Is that correct? If so, thanks for that info! I'll definitely put that in my listing.

Does anyone know how long GS will hold a game? I put in a hold yesterday, but didn't get a chance to pick it up. Will it still be on hold for me tonight?

EDIT: Never mind - I see it in the hold email - they will hold it up to two days, so I should be good.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']How much do they give you for trade in on mw3?[/QUOTE]

$23 base, $34.50 after current 40% promo.

You can look it up Gamestop tiv's here.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']???[/QUOTE]

Theres a whole thread for this already. All he had to do was scroll down 3 seconds to find the right link.

[quote name='Donut2922']Theres a whole thread for this already. All he had to do was scroll down 3 seconds to find the right link.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok gotcha, wasn't really sure who you were referring to.

I picked mine up tonight. Traded in my existing HE (just the case, game and manual) no problem. The guy did say, "What's that?", obviously wondering why I was trading in an HE to buy an HE, so I just said I'd gotten a used copy without the Elite and Founders code and wanted those. He seemed appeased by that. :) It was just over $50 with tax and after the trade-in. Already put my old Founders Card up on ebay. We'll see if I can get $50 for it, but I think so - some are getting over $60! I'm going to put the new Founders Card up as well, but haven't yet.

[quote name='crunchewy']I picked mine up tonight. Traded in my existing HE (just the case, game and manual) no problem. The guy did say, "What's that?", obviously wondering why I was trading in an HE to buy an HE, so I just said I'd gotten a used copy without the Elite and Founders code and wanted those. He seemed appeased by that. :) It was just over $50 with tax and after the trade-in. Already put my old Founders Card up on ebay. We'll see if I can get $50 for it, but I think so - some are getting over $60! I'm going to put the new Founders Card up as well, but haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

For future reference, you could have/should have just traded in the game disc-only and kept the steelbook case for yourself. The value is the same and they're gonna just gonna put the game in one of their own generic cases anyway...

Put a copy on hold at the gamestop near me. I really don't care for CoD that much, but if you can cover half the cost with the founder's code, that seems like a deal.

Gonna see about trading in MK, since a Komplete edition is coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pun123']I'm glad I rented this game for a $1 and beat it in 6 hours, played online a few times, but don't see the hype.[/QUOTE]

Just depends on what you are in to. I like it as a gathering with friends. If no one is on I just go play Skyrim or trying to make it through my backlog (finally got to DS1 & 2 can't believe I didn't get to them earlier)

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Just depends on what you are in to. I like it as a gathering with friends. If no one is on I just go play Skyrim or trying to make it through my backlog (finally got to DS1 & 2 can't believe I didn't get to them earlier)[/QUOTE]

I agree 2. I play it when all my old coworkers are on. Its really when when you are playing with a ton of people you know.

So out of the founder status and elite status which one is more important if you decide to keep only one?

[quote name='dubleo']So out of the founder status and elite status which one is more important if you decide to keep only one?[/QUOTE]

....... You would need to be elite premium to be a founder. So i would keep elite.

Just price matched with Best Buy (bought it on Saturday for retail), no questions asked. Simply brought the receipt in, and they didn't even ask for a printed ad, telephone number, only the competing store. Not sure what went on behind the scenes (e.g. the CS rep looking at prices), but sure enough $20 was credited back to me.

I picked one up but haven't opened it yet. for someone who doesn't play alot (mostly with friends and I think I have about 15 hours in and level 55) should I open this or just keep my normal copy?

[quote name='garrett007']I picked one up but haven't opened it yet. for someone who doesn't play alot (mostly with friends and I think I have about 15 hours in and level 55) should I open this or just keep my normal copy?[/QUOTE]

Depends, do you have interest in future content...

[quote name='pun123']I'm glad I rented this game for a $1 and beat it in 6 hours, played online a few times, but don't see the hype.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I'll eventually borrow my friends' copy, and play through it. I'm receiving a copy of Battlefield 3 for free so if I want to play some online multiplayer, I'll play that.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Depends, do you have interest in future content...[/QUOTE]

Maybeeeeee with their elite plan, is there dlc every month?

im a lil confused with trading in my used HE to get another brand new HE

is it cuz u pay a few dollars more to get a sealed HE that u can sell for profit because of the unused elite membership?

[quote name='garrett007']Maybeeeeee with their elite plan, is there dlc every month?[/QUOTE]Looks like new content every month for nine months. This month it's two mp maps that non-elites get in MARCH! Don't know if it's confirmed, but it sounds like some content will be for co-op, but I don't think there will be any SP stuff. Watch the video on the dashboard about the first month's dlc. Even though I haven't been playing all that much it kinda made me wish I had gotten the Hardened Ed.

wow been away from the site for a few days and one of my local GS has a ps3 in stock it says so I put it on hold. I've been thinking of getting a 2nd copy to play with ps3 co-workers as i'm a 360 gamer. CoD is the only game in the world i'd have for multiple this generation consoles. Using GS credit and going to sell the founder card and packaging but use the elite code for myself.

I'm founder on 360 by redeeming the Elite code at launch and then sold then rest of the pack for $110 on Ebay when they were nowhere to be found. Bought a vanilla version for $50 which was all I wanted in the first place, I like my green cases. Made money and free Elite for a year. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chrislisting']im a lil confused with trading in my used HE to get another brand new HE

is it cuz u pay a few dollars more to get a sealed HE that u can sell for profit because of the unused elite membership?[/QUOTE]

SOme people are doing it to get the 2 elite codes to sell and the packaging upgrade or just the box and goodies to sell while still getting back the same disc they just traded in.

Ebay shows Founders cards closed for $45-65 in last couple days.
The Elite code card closes at $45-55.
Didn't search the rest but you have 2 avatar outfits you can sell, the field journal and pictures plus the big ass box...

You get in pretty cheap by trading in your old MW3 disc. I just need the PS3 disc and plain Elite code all the rest will be Ebayed.

Was interested in this, but I barely have enough time to play BF3 as it is, and whenever I go on now, I get completely spanked by 14-year-olds.

I have a quick question. I just opened my PS3 harden edition. When I took the steel case out, I notice that its not sealed. Is that how it is suppose to be? Cause I know in the XBox 360, it is sealed off. So I am just wondering if its just that the ps3 is not sealed. Thanks

[quote name='Sendoh']I have a quick question. I just opened my PS3 harden edition. When I took the steel case out, I notice that its not sealed. Is that how it is suppose to be? Cause I know in the XBox 360, it is sealed off. So I am just wondering if its just that the ps3 is not sealed. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I got a PS3 copy also. Steelbook wasnt sealed also. They must come like that on the PS3 platform.

[quote name='$hady']SOme people are doing it to get the 2 elite codes to sell and the packaging upgrade or just the box and goodies to sell while still getting back the same disc they just traded in.

Didn't search the rest but you have 2 avatar outfits you can sell, the field journal and pictures plus the big ass box...

You get in pretty cheap by trading in your old MW3 disc. I just need the PS3 disc and plain Elite code all the rest will be Ebayed.[/QUOTE]

Steelbook going for round $15-20 too

[quote name='$hady']SOme people are doing it to get the 2 elite codes to sell and the packaging upgrade or just the box and goodies to sell while still getting back the same disc they just traded in.

You get in pretty cheap by trading in your old MW3 disc. I just need the PS3 disc and plain Elite code all the rest will be Ebayed.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with Ebay. There are a lot of scammers who "buy" the item and claim that it was not as described or some sort of other lie.

ok so to do this, sorry to even ask again, but i would
1)take in my mw3:he to gamestop
2)trade it (im not a gamestop/gameinformer subscribing member)
3)buy new sealed with with trade in credit and a lil cash
4)open new one and keep mw3 disc
5)sell everything else (box, elite code, steel case, journal, box) on craigslist for like $60? the point about ebay is good, idk who will say code was used, after theyre the one who used it, and NYC is full of people who want the HE case and elite code probably

i bought the last hardened edition from best buy at yankee stadium for $108 w/tax (if anyone knows the new terminal mall there), and i was fuckin ecstatic cuz its been sold out, so if i sell it thats 110-60=50, so im basically gettin mw3 for free or elite for free dependin on how u look at it

did i miss anything?

This only works for xbox live, don't know if psn cancels expired codes. Even though it says that the premium elite subscription code expires on 11/8/12. I don't think that it will. I've never seen any xbox code expire. I've used 3 month cards that expired years prior. I have some old fable dlc that expired years ago but still can be redeemed, I just checked. So you could probably stack a few years of elite if you wanted to.

[quote name='chrislisting']ok so to do this, sorry to even ask again, but i would
1)take in my mw3:he to gamestop
2)trade it (im not a gamestop/gameinformer subscribing member)
3)buy new sealed with with trade in credit and a lil cash
4)open new one and keep mw3 disc
5)sell everything else (box, elite code, steel case, journal, box) on craigslist for like $60? the point about ebay is good, idk who will say code was used, after theyre the one who used it, and NYC is full of people who want the HE case and elite code probably

i bought the last hardened edition from best buy at yankee stadium for $108 w/tax (if anyone knows the new terminal mall there), and i was fuckin ecstatic cuz its been sold out, so if i sell it thats 110-60=50, so im basically gettin mw3 for free or elite for free dependin on how u look at it

did i miss anything?[/QUOTE]
You could try to locate a copy at GS for $80, and return it to BB for the difference. There's a GameStop downstairs in the parking area on the Home Depot side. There's also 2 more GS on Fordham with another BB at the plaza, Good Luck.

P.S. Craigslist in NY is Creepy, buncha wierdos...

[quote name='jdawgg76']Looks like new content every month for nine months. This month it's two mp maps that non-elites get in MARCH! Don't know if it's confirmed, but it sounds like some content will be for co-op, but I don't think there will be any SP stuff. Watch the video on the dashboard about the first month's dlc. Even though I haven't been playing all that much it kinda made me wish I had gotten the Hardened Ed.[/QUOTE]

And non-Elite's will have to pay $15-$20 for the maps as a pack that come out in Jan., Feb., and March to Elite members automatically.

So let me understand this. There is Elite and Elite premium.

I bought the hardened edition which came with Elite premium and founder.

Can i use the founder code but hold off on using the Elite premium code?

[quote name='BoromirsFan']So let me understand this. There is Elite and Elite premium.

Can i use the founder code but hold off on using the Elite premium code?[/QUOTE]

no. Founder is an add on to elite premium. You need elite premium to make use of the founder perks.

Man gamestop really screw me here. I bough the 360 version display copy the other day. The founder code sell on ebay just fine and get feed back too but the elite code has been use. Going to have a chat with the district manager tomorrow about this.

[quote name='teh_minus']Does the founder card still work? I'd imagine there would be a deadline but having a year of dlc for $20.xx is sorta worth it.[/QUOTE]

The Founder cards still work as they were made for those that got the HE after the initial Founder cut-off date of November 13th.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']So let me understand this. There is Elite and Elite premium.

Can i use the founder code but hold off on using the Elite premium code?[/QUOTE]

The Elite Founder code only applies the Founder status to your Elite account. You will need to enter the Elite subscription code as well in order to unlock the "premium" features of Elite.

I hate it when people win with zero feedback! Now I have to go through the waiting process to recoup my fees and re-list.

has anyone been able to PM this at BB? I bought a PS3 version before Christmas and still sealed so can bring it with receipt. If not I got to look for a discount code to return/rebuy.

bread's done
Back