Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Ed. 360/PS3 $79.99 NEW @ GS B&M/OOS Online

[quote name='The Punisher']

FYI- Xbox 360 is better online then ps3. (The Ps3 is still a great console)[/QUOTE]

That's why i want the 360 version, all my friends who have it on PS3 are never online and when they are they dont use headsets. I have tons of friends on xbox who are all playing it.

I've never sold anything on ebay before, may have to ask my brother in-law to put it on there for me. What's a good asking price for the whole thing? or should i sell the founders and elite seperate?

[quote name='jr4949']That's why i want the 360 version, all my friends who have it on PS3 are never online and when they are they dont use headsets. I have tons of friends on xbox who are all playing it.

I've never sold anything on ebay before, may have to ask my brother in-law to put it on there for me. What's a good asking price for the whole thing? or should i sell the founders and elite seperate?[/QUOTE]

Part the whole thing out. I did separate auctions (start @ .99) for the elite premium + avitar outfits, founders card, field journal, slip cover and box, and steel case (if you don't mind not having a case)

[quote name='Jragon']Is the 40% trade in bonus still valid? Checked here and didn't see anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Looks like best is 30% with select preorders.

I bought a 2nd hardened edition to bust and sold the disc and manual alone for $35 on Ebay. 1st bundle parted out brought $135.50 (before fees and shipping) and I kept the disc to have it on both consoles.

[quote name='Tony208']they're gonna keep making these[/QUOTE]

What? They're coming out with more Call of Duty games?

[quote name='$hady']Looks like best is 30% with select preorders.

I bought a 2nd hardened edition to bust and sold the disc and manual alone for $35 on Ebay. 1st bundle parted out brought $135.50 (before fees and shipping) and I kept the disc to have it on both consoles.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks! Will be doing this as well. :)

Bought the game and never used the founders code, but all the founder content popped up after playing for a few days anyone else had this happen and thanks op.

[quote name='Tony208']they're gonna keep making these[/QUOTE]

lofoasdogasodgoasdg

Please provide proof that they have even on one occassion reprinted these as I have yet to see anything that indicates that.

It is amazing how being able to find a highly popular game, in one of the largest video game specialty stores, just 3 months after it released, causes people to think something is not rare or has been reprinted.

[quote name='GBAstar']lofoasdogasodgoasdg

Please provide proof that they have even on one occassion reprinted these as I have yet to see anything that indicates that.

It is amazing how being able to find a highly popular game, in one of the largest video game specialty stores, just 3 months after it released, causes people to think something is not rare or has been reprinted.[/QUOTE]

i don't know how to explain the "new" prices coming down on Amazon over time or to explain the fact that Amazon and other retails have regularly listed the item as available well after the release date. I just can't reconcile that with Robert Bowling claiming that IW/Activision wanted the MW3 Hardened Edition to actually feel like a rarity. They either printed a hell of a lot (and blew their own "plan" to make the edition rare) or they're still putting some out.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone know if the sale price will hold tomorrow/next week?[/QUOTE]

The price stayed till tuesday. jan 31.

[quote name='kellte2']i don't know how to explain the "new" prices coming down on Amazon over time or to explain the fact that Amazon and other retails have regularly listed the item as available well after the release date. I just can't reconcile that with Robert Bowling claiming that IW/Activision wanted the MW3 Hardened Edition to actually feel like a rarity. They either printed a hell of a lot (and blew their own "plan" to make the edition rare) or they're still putting some out.[/QUOTE]

Amazon and Newegg often get the last batches of remaining inventory because they can handle odd lots and they have the customer base to make stuff move....Walmart or Best Buy isn't interested in taking say, 778 units of something because its too small an order size and too much bother for them to deal with given the number of stores they have...but online retailers can handle that no problem.

As to why they are still being found in Gamestop, this is more a testament to GS's poor inventory management and poor merchandising, not new stock. One GS from me has had the same MW3 hardened edition on a rack near the top of the roof since launch where almost no one is going to see it...Had they put it, oh, maybe at eye level behind the register, it might have moved in shortly after launch instead of finally selling sometime this week

[quote name='K_G']Amazon and Newegg often get the last batches of remaining inventory because they can handle odd lots and they have the customer base to make stuff move....Walmart or Best Buy isn't interested in taking say, 778 units of something because its too small an order size and too much bother for them to deal with given the number of stores they have...but online retailers can handle that no problem.

As to why they are still being found in Gamestop, this is more a testament to GS's poor inventory management and poor merchandising, not new stock. One GS from me has had the same MW3 hardened edition on a rack near the top of the roof since launch where almost no one is going to see it...Had they put it, oh, maybe at eye level behind the register, it might have moved in shortly after launch instead of finally selling sometime this week[/QUOTE]

I think the reason for the sale is also because sometimes they offer a discount on the elite membership with purchase of the game. The standard edition of the game is on sale for $39.99 as well so they wanna push this bundle out ASAP so they can make money just selling the DLC alone.

bread's done
Back