ModNation Racers -- General Info and Discussion

[quote name='bmachine']Some of BitMob's favorite mods (so far):
http://www.bitmob.com/articles/modnation-racers-mario-iron-man-jesus-krusty-and-more

The Bride and Rorschach are awesome. I want the Jesus mod just so I can race against Santa Claus.[/QUOTE]

Both the Spider-Man and Iron Man mods they posted look better than the ones that are on display in the Modspot right now.

I think I've already spent more time designing/looking at mods than racing. It is pretty awesome.

Also did their servers just go down?

[quote name='bmachine']Some of BitMob's favorite mods (so far):
http://www.bitmob.com/articles/modnation-racers-mario-iron-man-jesus-krusty-and-more

The Bride and Rorschach are awesome. I want the Jesus mod just so I can race against Santa Claus.[/QUOTE]

Krusty the Clown FTW! I so want to download that one tomorrow!

I'm so uncreative. I have NO ideas about what characters I'd even make lol. I'm buying this more to see what the community can come up with.

man... there's already plenty of characters to download... I love how easy it is to find karts, and characters to download..

Wow, just noticed that you can change your driver style to have whatever balance of drift/handling and acceleration/speed that you want. Suck it, Mario Kart!

Here's my ghetto Bomberman:

boomermens.jpg

Dude, that's pretty good!

I haven't even opened the game yet, but for those who want to add me, my tag is MattYoung730. I sucked at creation in LBP, but this seems a lot easier. But mainly, I want to download CAG mods and tracks! I will give feedback.

Really enjoying the game so far, I wasn't even planning on buying it until my brother begged me to get it today so we could play online together. I am now one happy cookie.

Btw, really nice Bomberman metaly. :D

im having a heck of a time with the payoffs. also, how do you get the grudge matches to come up? one came up but I didnt press triangle and now i cant figure out how to activate them.

Wow... I just found out that the online is region locked, meaning we Americans cannot play without foreign brethren. That really sucks, since 1/4 of my PSN friends who got this game are either English or Australian.

I'm forming a ModNation Racers DLC group . We have four members right now and are looking for one more. The plan is to purchase future DLC as well as share some of the pre-order bonuses. Odds are we'll be doing it on a voting system (maybe a 4/5 votes means we purchase something). If you want in, drop me a PM.

We currently have Ratchet & Clank and the Air Raid Mods. We'll be adding one of the mystery Mods later tonight.

If you happen to have a Kratos or Nathan Drake pre-order code that you haven't redeemed yet, join the group and enjoy a little gamesharing action.

[quote name='Matt Young']Wow... I just found out that the online is region locked, meaning we Americans cannot play without foreign brethren. That really sucks, since 1/4 of my PSN friends who got this game are either English or Australian.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hate when they do that. I'm in a similar situation. They did the same thing with Buzz

With the multiplayer being a bit finicky for finding players (at least for me and the peeps I've played with) unless they're on your friends list, I'm looking for more to play with.

So, who out there is racing / creating / having fun with this game so far?

My PSN is BeFlatLine. Feel free to add me :)

[quote name='metaly']I improved my Bomberman a little and put him up for share. You know you want to race with him!

whitebomber.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wanna download for download , and rate for rate ?

I have MNR right now and absolutely loving it. Love everything about the game except the load times.

Maybe I'll resurrect CAG PSN Gaming nights and host this game, just like the old days (for those who remember over a year ago). ;)

Indeed. I got mine yesterday via the "RACER" (free overnight) code and stacking it with 25% off and a $10 off coupon. End total: $35

I will say this though: It's friggin' hard doing some of these challenges! I do not like the "Madden catchup" in games (as in, "Oh, you're way ahead, and then out of nowhere someone is right on your ass).

I don't believe anyone will be disappointed with this game, minus that and the load times :) The customizations make LBP look tame imo. Amazing game :D

My main and only complaint at this time are the REDICULOUSLY long ass load times. I mean in all honesty, for a game that installs on the HDD there really is no reason for these drastic load times to be happenning.

BTW, my pan is SPYDER187. Please feel free to add me as I have no r/l friends that have a PS3, only 360's lol

Yeah likewise anyone can feel free to add me (sabanoo).

I just got the game in the mail today and it's pretty good so far.

[quote name='Jmclark']Picked up the game today, but my glasses broke, so it's too tough to play the PS3 tonight. I can't wait for tomorrow thought![/QUOTE]Haha, I know the feeling because I struggled to play games without mine last week (when frames were getting swapped and they needed my lenses, ugh).

Anyway, I played a bunch more online. I thought I was the only one getting disconnected at times, but seems many others have.

Is this game developed by McDonalds? Cause I'm Lovin It!
(lame jokes ftw)

The only things I find wrong with it are:
1. loads are still long. When's the patch coming out?
2. Hair is visible through hats!?! My Ash Ketchum will never be complete!

[quote name='DPsx7']Can anyone confirm if this works on FW 3.15 or not?[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about firmware for ? I thought you had to have the latest firmware to even access PSN ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What are you talking about firmware for ? I thought you had to have the latest firmware to even access PSN ?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, but this is whether I should buy it or not. No sense if the game isn't even going to work. I'll worry about getting on to PSN later.

[quote name='DPsx7']Well yeah, but this is whether I should buy it or not. No sense if the game isn't even going to work. I'll worry about getting on to PSN later.[/QUOTE]

If you're only on 3.15, then you HAVE to update to get on PSN. If you sign in right now, even without MNR, it will tell you that.

Try out my Drifting Superstar Trophy track (called, unsurprisingly "Drifting Superstar Trophy".) My PSN ID is Multicron. Remember to vote and favorite! I'm working on karts and mascots for colleges soon. Thanks!

This game is amazing. I also feel like it's going to be under rated by many review sites. Anyways, I've commented on another thread on some of the reasons why the game is amazing. I have to truly say that this is the most fun I've had with a video game in a long time. I haven't opened RDR though as I'm trying to work through GTA IV (which is an excellent game, 9/10 for me so far). Also, I have yet to play SMG2.

Based off of my GTA IV experience, what I've seen of Red Dead Redemption, and other factors I think that in terms of sheer gaming fun, here is what I'm estimating to be my top 5 quality gaming titles that are more fun than any other game this GENERATION:

1) Super Smash Bros Brawl
2) ModNation Racers
3) Red Dead Redemption
4) Super Mario Galaxy 2
5) Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I think that if you were to give an experienced gamer who has played and is good at most genres of gaming and really enjoys it, would find this 5 game combo providing more fun than anything else this gen. It's a incredibly diverse list and the only thing that it's missing is an RPG and absolutely epic games like Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2. Still besides that, games like the ones above make this generation great in terms of sheer fun.

If you're only posting here to advertise your mod, kart, or track and to beg for ratings/downloads, create another thread for that trophy stuff so you're not clogging up this thread with that crap.

one thing I'm worried about is the copyright issues that are going to come up because of this game, lol. Some of the mods are exact copies of the real character almost like Iron Man's shiny armored suit and some great spidermans... Oh well. People will just keep recreating them. It's just crazy that the mod creator is THAT powerful. The track creator is ridiculously powerful too..

[quote name='mdmola']one thing I'm worried about is the copyright issues that are going to come up because of this game, lol. Some of the mods are exact copies of the real character almost like Iron Man's shiny armored suit and some great spidermans... Oh well. People will just keep recreating them. It's just crazy that the mod creator is THAT powerful. The track creator is ridiculously powerful too..[/QUOTE]

I would hope that the devs would have worked out those copyright issues before the game was released. They knew how powerful the creation tools were, and they knew that people were going to make copyrighted characters. As long as they don't have the voices, then hopefully they'll be okay.

I was discussing this with a friend last night- and I was trying to recall a case where Nintendo had attempted to sue someone because a Samus model was made by some of the people playing the game. It ended up being fair use, since they hadn't really been involved in it- but I can't remember if it was mostly because the skins were actually "mods" of the game that weren't really intended, or if it was something else. Anyone recall?

I dont know what it is but I have honestly NEVER been this pissed off at a game, once I got the 3rd world finals I cant even finish higher than 5th place. I think this is complete bullshit !! I am seriously contemplating on bringing the damn game back :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

I dont know what it is but I have honestly NEVER been this pissed off at a game, once I got the 3rd world finals I cant even finish higher than 5th place. I think this is complete bullshit !! I am seriously contemplating on bringing the damn game back :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='DaddyBoJangles']Ive heard the AI is real bad in career mode, it scares me8-[[/QUOTE]

Me too! We'll be scared together! :cold:

bread's done
Back