MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the fact they have Turbographix 16 games. I never had it, and always wanted to play Bonk's Adventure.

I had an N64, but I got it late so I never got Mario 64. (I dunno why?!) so at least I can get that!

Though, maybe these aren't the best games right now I'm sure there's quite the amount of people who are like me: They've played most of the great ones, but missed out on a few :)

I wouldn't worry too much. If by say NEXT November when Wii turns 1 and the majority of the games on the VC are pretty much crap--then we riot.

I'm going to assume the answer is "no", but has anyone heard anything about VC DEMOS being available?
Like on XBLA?

For example, download a free demo of Super Mario World and play the first 2 stages or something.

[quote name='lordwow']Thank you for contributing your always insightful comments to this thread.[/quote]

wow, what a dick.
the games are freakin expensive.

[quote name='Gameboy415']I'm going to assume the answer is "no", but has anyone heard anything about VC DEMOS being available?
Like on XBLA?

For example, download a free demo of Super Mario World and play the first 2 stages or something.[/quote]Interesting. I've not heard one way or another. Here's hoping Nintendo continues their obsession with Apple and allows us samples before we buy. Or maybe a 14 day return policy. :lol:

[quote name='nickmad']wow, what a dick. the games are freakin expensive.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but Zoglog has a reputation of making a negative comment on every Wii thread. He is excellent at baiting, assuming of course that its intentional.

Are they expensive? Yeah, if only because in Japan some of the games are being priced cheaper. Its still not a bad deal since unlike the possibly cheaper carts, these games take up no space other than a SD card.

[quote name='iufoltzie']Maybe, but Zoglog has a reputation of making a negative comment on every Wii thread. He is excellent at baiting, assuming of course that its intentional.

Are they expensive? Yeah, if only because in Japan some of the games are being priced cheaper. Its still not a bad deal since unlike the possibly cheaper carts, these games take up no space other than a SD card.[/quote]It was moreso because this thread was created following the discussion lamenting the cost and selection of the downloads, so bitching about the price wasn't necessary in a new thread regarding the games. Let's end it now and move on.

[quote name='botticus']It was moreso because this thread was created following the discussion lamenting the cost and selection of the downloads, so bitching about the price wasn't necessary in a new thread regarding the games. Let's end it now and move on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, botticus, hit the nail on the head.

Wow, that is excellent. Out of that group, I would likely take Hogan's Alley, Kid Icarus, Kirby (is that NES or SNES?), PilotWings, and Punch-Out.

I hope they bring Air Zonk sometime soon, that's one of the few TG-16 games that I would want that I don't already own.

Kid Icarus and Punchout is great news. Now announce Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger (can't stand the load times in the PSOne version) and Earthbound and I will be a happy boy.

What are the chances that Mario Party 1-3 will come out on the VC?! (Hopefully around the time Mario Party 8?)

If they did this.. I really don't know how I would handle myself. I have Mario Party 4, 5, 6 7. If they released Mario Party 1-3 on the VC the same time Mario Party 8 comes out.. then that would mean I could play Mario Party 1-8 on the SAME freakin system.

If this is true, then I think this would be ONE of the most brilliant things in gaming I have ever gone through. (That's just IMO, Im a huge MP fan)

Ho. Ly. Crap.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

• Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
  • Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
  • Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
  • Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
  • Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

I'm lazy so I'll quote myself from U_gamer's post elsewhere (which I guess might get closed):

[quote name='Strell']Why even bother with Duck Hunt, seriously?

Otherwise, Super Metroid? Hell yes.

Mario RPG is a surprise. I guess Squeenix wasn't kidding from a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping that they don't drop the hammer and really stick it to us with the "Starting at XXX" points. Once NES games start creeping into the SNES price range, and SNES into the N64 range, I'm done until cheapness finds these.

[quote name='Giygas']http://www.hardcore-casual.com/gamer/?p=63

Ideally, Nintendo will see this and make everything on VC cheaper?

But probably not :cry:[/quote]
They could, be giving the drool-fest happening overly the newly announced games, I'm not sure they'd have to.

Besides, for my money, Super Mario Bros. is a better investment of my $5 than Crash Bandicoot. But, to each his own.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor I heard that you can only play the Genesis VC games with a classic controller (and not the GC one)?[/QUOTE]

If you look at Nintendo's website (and the list of games) all of the VC games except the Genesis games say GC controller. Looks like I'll be picking up a single CC controller after all.

[quote name='pete5883']Warning: I recently played Dungeon Explorer on the original TG-16. You do not want this game. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

Really? I remember playing this with my brother years ago. We had a blast. It's like Gauntlet, if memory serves.

While the games are expected to be faithful re-creations of the originals instead of the type of revamped or rearranged arcade classics that have been sold on the Xbox 360's Marketplace, GameSpot editors found at least one new trick had been added. After quitting a session of Sonic the Hedgehog back to the Wii channel menu, and then loading the game back up, the editors found that the Wii had automatically saved the editors' place in the game, and resumed play right where it had left off. Also, while downloading games, users are shown a Mario-themed progress bar that shows the mascot plumber or his brother Luigi running across the screen, hitting coin blocks and collecting coins off the ground.
http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunch/story.html?sid=6162032

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamespot.com/events/wiilaunch/story.html?sid=6162032[/QUOTE]

Very neat. My girl wants Sonic, and that's a lot better than a straight playthrough.

I really wish they'd add online multiplayer support in the future though. The launch titles are eh for that, but some of the SNES titles that have been ERSBed for 2007 are great multiplayer (Mario Kart, etc). And I'd love to play with friends at college and stuff.

I'm not sure if it's been answered before, but does anyone know how large the files will be for the VC game downloads? And can you save them to an SD card? Thanks.

They vary in size, not entirely sure. You download them directly to the internal storage, but you can go through the settings to transfer blocks to an SD card. So if you just want ot save everything on an SD card, you'll just have to take an extra step, I'll probably just plan on using it for backup purposes.

Yeah, I plan on getting an SD card to back them up, but Im trying to decide on either a 1GB or 2 GB card. So I was wondering how many megs some of the games were. Especially the N64 games.

I picked up F-Zero, but each time that I start it a message comes up saying that I need the classic controller. Turned out that my wavebird sensor was in port two. Once I got that setup, it worked just fine. The game plays just as great as I remembered it.

I just got Wario Woods for now. Was hoping Super Mario World would be available...but nope. Oh well. 1500 points for later I suppose.

I picked up Mario Bros., because I always loved that game. Wish it was multiplayer online. I REALLY hope Nintendo gets that onboard soon, because multiplayer online is where it's at.

Also hope beyond hope that at some point they start doing Nintendo ARCADE games, not NES ports. Arcade versions of DK, DKJr., and Mario Bros. are far superior to the NES versions.

RD

Also picked up Wario's Woods. Still waiting on TJ&E and Gunstar Heroes. Arg, I wish I could set my own point total's to buy. This 5-8-10 pricing almost guarantees I will have points left over.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']Also picked up Wario's Woods. Still waiting on TJ&E and Gunstar Heroes. Arg, I wish I could set my own point total's to buy. This 5-8-10 pricing almost guarantees I will have points left over.[/quote]Well of course, it's like the hot dog/hot dog pun scam.

Just noticed that you can register (at least some, not sure about all) VC downloads through MyNintendo. No clue what you might get from them, but they must have a PIN somewhere.

Here's Donkey Kong, Jr. (see right side of the page):

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=4QXqur11nRhUFGS27EfY8BwElDmyipjf

It actually shows the controllers that are compatible when you go to purchase. VERY nice feature to have that. So far everything I have found works with the GCN controller. Glad I kept those Wavebirds!

[quote name='miyamotofreak']The prices all need to be cut by 200 points. As of now I think I'll just find some way of splitting the cost.[/quote]

GGC the points at best buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back